Account Balance Incorrect - Microsoft Money Error

Hey everyone,

I am writing from work so don't have the particular's, but I received an
error the other day in money saying roughly that there was an error with the
was that money stores my information that may result in account balances
being incorrect. It said that money would try and fix the problem itself. It
didn't so hear I am...

My account balance is very very negative when I look in account summary.
When I look in the account details and view all transactions, the correct
bank balances are shown. However, if I show only unreconciled transactions
(preferred for my viewing), the account balance shown is the incorrect
balance.

Anyway, what do I need to do to get this fixed?

Any help would be appreciated.

John
0
JohnB (54)
10/21/2005 4:11:08 PM
money 28651 articles. 0 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, JohnB wrote:

>Anyway, what do I need to do to get this fixed?

Money 2004?
0
via_newsgroup (13119)

MONEY 2006 stock price updates
Unless I'm reading my screens wrong, somehow I'm still geting automatic stock price updates on my MS Money 2006. This even though support ended. How long will this continue? I'm ok with not getting my bank/broker statement automatically(never turned on since I didn't want to share that acct. info.). Do I need to get the free money plus trial then buy & switch to Quicken? ...

Can't create an account to account relationship in the account ent
Is this because the default (Parent Account) relationship already exists? Can you not have duplicate relationships? Thanks in advance for the clarification. > Is this because the default (Parent Account) relationship already exists? Yes. > Can you not have duplicate relationships? Yes, you cannot have duplicate relationships in this manner. To do this you need to use the Relationships/Relationship Roles functionality, where you can pretty much do any kind of relationship between clients (ie accounts and contacts.) HTH, R. "GoodByeGoldmine" wrote: > Is this beca...

Money 2004 standard
I have Window me, I have been using money 2001 & i have been trying to up to 2004. Upon installing it gets as far as 64% and stops. It says "installing interent explorer 6 web browser". Do I have to uninstall 2001 befor I install 2004? I received no errors. I also stoped my anti-virus protection. My PC is about one year old. I need help, Thank you You shouldn't have to. However, you might want to install IE6 independently before trying the Money installation. Go into the IE directory on the CD and run the ie6setup.exe file from there. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Mo...

SMTP Connector
I receive the following error: A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients. Contact your administrator. After implementing an SMTP connector to forward mail from BE through FE with FE acting as a bridgehead. Does the error relate to the fact that the FE is trying to forward to itself? If so how do I fix this? Thanks ...

exchange accounts will not delete from site
I have recently recovered one of my exchange 5.5 servers that crashed. Mailboxes have been restored and replication appears to complete only down to the restored server but not up to the main site mail server that holds the global address list. Due to lack of information in backups, it was necessary for me to manually recreate all mailboxes and then restore mailboxes. However, the new accounts have created with a "2" appended to each mailbox name. Example john@us.com is automatically created as john2@us.com. How do I purge the old accounts from the global list so that I can crea...

Error: "The file C:/.....archive3.pst cannot be found"
I get this error message on my screen sometimes when I am moving an appointment to another day or editing what I have typed for an appointment (it comes up only occassionally and I don't know exactly what causes it): "The file C:\My Documents\archive3.pst could not be found." Then the 'Create/Open Personal Files Folder' windows explorer screen comes up presumably so that I can locate and selct this missing file. Although this error message doesn't actually effect anything (I just cancel out of the windows explorer screen and am still able to do whatever...

Muliple Exchange OMA User Accounts from One SmartPhone
I wish to be able to access multiple user accounts (all on the same Exchange 2003 server) from a single smartphone running Windows Mobile 5.0. After setting up OMA on Exchange and the smartphone and visiting https://FQDN/oma all works well after entering the username and password for one account, but then the smartphone remembers the login (presumably via a cookie) for future visits to the same URL. There seems to be no easy way to delete the cookie on the smartphone, so all subsequent accesses to OMA go straight through to the same user account. One way I have considered tackling this is to ...

Extreme Delays Deleting Change Orders from Project Accounting
We use Project Accounting for Dynamix GP and we are attempting to start using the Change Order features to track changes made to project budget and fees. Unfortunately, during testing, we are experiencing a five to ten minute delay whenever we try to delete an incorrectly entered change order. This occurs even if we simply start to create a change order, never use it for anything and immediately attempt to delete it. Has anyone experienced this, or can anyone propose any clues on what I should look at to find what is causing this large pause? -- Jim Rowley Business Analyst II ...

Re Label Accounts Field
Anybody know how to change the Accounts field label to something else e.g. Organization, or Business? You can rename the 'account' entity to be 'Business'. Organization is a reserved word in CRM (there is already an orgainzation object) so it's off-limits. Dave "Owais" <Owais @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25767F85-513C-40F7-A82F-F0E5A627D9FF@microsoft.com... > Anybody know how to change the Accounts field label to something else e.g. > Organization, or Business? ...

want to transfer out funds from a fund within an account to a fund within the same account.
I want to do this to preserve my cost basis. I have a 401k that lets say has a fund that I bought for 100 bucks and it gained 10 dollars. when I issue a buy/sell to transfer it to another fund (within the same 401k account) the new cost basis is 110 dollars instead of the 100 that I actually spent. I know that using transfer in/out will preserve this cost basis, but it doesnt seem to work within an account per other threads of this nature. How can I do something similar within the same account? I am using 2005 premium. Thanks Vic. I don't think your use of Cost Basis reflects tax la...

Forwarding email to an external account
If I want to foreward email coming into my exchange account to a personal account such as hotmail for example, how can this be done? In Active Directory Users and Computer, you look at the User's Properties, you look under the "Exchange General" Tab, you look at the "delivery option", you see "forwarding address", you say "ha, ha!" and do some jiggy dance :) I only do this for ex-employees for 30 days at the request of HR. -- Sincerely, D�j� Ak�m�l�f�, MCSE MCSA MCP+I www.akomolafe.com www.iyaburo.com Do you now realize that Today is the Tomorro...

Problem configuring Outlook 2007 w/ job email account
I recently installed Outlook 2007 to my laptop (which uses Vista). Upon trying to "setup" Outlook a small box appeared in the upper left corner of the screen which stated "configuring outlook accounts." A box appeared asking for "Microsoft Exchange Server" and "mailbox." I was not sure as to what to enter so I entered "dss.sc.gov" (which is everything listed after the "@" in my job email address) for the server and my name for mailbox. I then received the following error message: "The connection to Microsoft Exchange is ...

Loan account
Hi, Something else that's giving me trouble. I've set up a loan account - all seems to be fine. It's a three year loan, and the first two payments had already been made when I set the thing up in Money. Money coped with this fine, and within the register of the loan account it now accurately shows the first two payments and the principal-element of each payment, together with the diminishing value of the outstanding loan. However, it doesn't seem to be linked in any way to the account from which the payments are actually being made. Conceptually it seems to me that the loan ...

Can't set up HTTP account!!
I'm setting up Outlook on a friends computer. On their old computer they were able to view their Charter Communications email account through Outlook. I am trying to set it up so they can do it in XP, but it won't let me see their messages it just comes up blank. What am I doing wrong??!! P.S.- They don't have an account through Outlook/Microsoft Thanks, Locke ...

Multiple Email Accounts
I have three email accounts. I can only send message from one - some sort of automatic default. How can I select (with each email), what account I want to use to send a message? What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup". (Outlook 97, 2002, and 2003 don't have separate modes.) -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please ...

Convert Lead > Account-Contact-Opportunity Error
Hi, I have several leads opened. If I create a new one it will work "but" especially with this ONE lead I don't get it, I convert it either to Account - Contacts or Opportunity and gives me the following error. I repeat this is only for this one. I tried to close reopen change settings etc... Still not working. Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report: Error Description: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80042F09. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Error Number: 0x80042F09 Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Date: 10-2...

Turn off Autogenerate account description
I found out there isn't a way to turn off the autogenerate account description through Customer Source. I would like to add this as a suggestion for future release where I can click a button and it'll not autogenerate the account description for me. It's a nice feature, but it doesn't work for my intent. I understand that the autogenerate account description comes from the account segment list, however, my account segment list doesn't do the account description any justice b/c I have 5 segments, and the names can be long, so GP will truncate it, but not where I wan...

Money 2007 Premium deleted transactions
Okay, just installed it, and actually got the thing to download transactions from my credit union.. funny thing is it only went back 1 month, would be nice to know how to get it to download everything.there is to get. So I decided I would manually enter transactions to cover back to the beginning of the last month, then I could just do the archive download of previous months and I'd be set. So I entered about 25 transactions and it put them in the Adjustments Section. Right at the top it said, once it was cleared, click the check-off box and click Delete Cleared Adjustments to rem...

Accountants online, Online accountants, Accountancy services
Title: Accountants online, Online accountants, Accountancy services Accountants online is an entirely new concept which harnesses the power of outsourcing and international website development. we can offer a broad range of web, print, bookkeeping, news report and accountancy services, as well as options to regularly update your customers via emails, Search Engine Optimization and statistics on your site to get feedback on your marketing. We offer a suite of online accountancy services designed for you to outsource labour intensive or routine services at very competitive rates while you stay i...

Money 2005
I upgraded my money 2004 file to money 2005. I then turned off MSN Bill Pay and set up my accounts to be accessed on the web. After synchronization, my MSN Bill Pay account (MSN-Checking) showed up in my account list. I want to link this account to my checking account, but when I select "Merge Duplicate Accounts", it states there are no accounts to merge. The help file tells you to follow these exact steps. Does anybody know a work-around to get this working? Thanks in advance, Brian Don't follow the directions given. Instead, try the following: Open your 2004 f...

SMTP Protocol error
I am having trouble sending e-mails to one of our partners. When anyone sends an e-mail to this particular partner, it does not go through. I can look in the queues and the e-mails are all sitting there with the error - an SMTP protocol error has occured. Does anyone know what may cause this, or how I may be able to get more info than that error gives? On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 12:27:02 -0700, eric dami <ericdami@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am having trouble sending e-mails to one of our partners. When anyone >sends an e-mail to this particular partner, it does not go...

User get error when accepting Meeting Requests
I have one Outlook user (2003) who get this message when she tries to accept a meeting sent by another Outlook user (2003). "as the meeting organizer you do not have to respond to this meeting" It is in error - somone else is the meeting organizer. All other meeting attendees do not get this error. I can't find anything in the Product KB. Anyone know how to fix it? We are using Exch 2003 and Outlook client installs on XP. On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 08:20:01 -0700, SKS <sks@yahoo.com> wrote: >I have one Outlook user (2003) who get this message when she tries to accept ...

New Account for CD
I bought a CD and don't know how to set it up in Money (using Money Plus H&B). When I tried setting it up as a bank savings account there was a note that said I should set it up as an investment account. When I set up the investment account it does not ask me any questions about the CD or even if it is a CD. What am I missing. It seems like it should be a savings account. Please help me? A Savings Account can be used. If you only ever intend to have one CD at a time, that's probably easier. But if you want to manage multiple individual CDs over time, then the Investmen...

Tracking Investments By Account
How do I track an investment by Account only? I hold the same investment in several accounts. I want to see the performance of that investment in that account only and not the accumulated performance accross all accounts! In microsoft.public.money, Bill wrote: >How do I track an investment by Account only? I hold the >same investment in several accounts. I want to see the >performance of that investment in that account only and >not the accumulated performance accross all accounts! Look at Investing->Portfolio and group by Account Name. Select the view you prefer, and c...

Printing Bank Account
I can't print just one back account...at a time...when I select print it prints out all transactions from all bank accounts. In microsoft.public.money, dd wrote: >I can't print just one back account...at a time...when I >select print it prints out all transactions from all bank >accounts. What screen are you looking at when you do File->Print? ...