401K account

I setup a 401k account in Money this month. When I did the online update
everything was in sync initially. Last night my monthly contribution was
posted to the 401K account. I did an online update of the account this
morning and the balance was wrong. I also noticed that some history was
missing, my dividends did show up. Also, I have Money splitting a part of my
paycheck into the 401K account and that transfer was not visible in the 401K
account.

The KB822766 article "401K and 403B Accounts Do Not Show in the List of
Transactions in Money" says to:
  1.. On the Accounts & Bills menu, click Account List.
  2.. Click your 401K or 403B account, and then click Change account
details.
  3.. Click to clear the Retirement check box.
  4.. Click to select the Retirement account check box, and then click OK on
the message that appears.
  5.. In the Edit Account dialog box, click Other (for employees), and then
click Finish.
I'm looking for some help getting the 401K account setup correctly so I can
track how it is doing? Just having the balance is not what I want. I thought
there was a feature included that would do that. I'm using version 2004.

Thank you,
Shawn

0
shawn
7/1/2004 7:01:22 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, "shawn" <shawn at att dot com> wrote:

>I setup a 401k account in Money this month. When I did the online update
>everything was in sync initially. Last night my monthly contribution was
>posted to the 401K account. I did an online update of the account this
>morning and the balance was wrong. I also noticed that some history was
>missing, my dividends did show up. Also, I have Money splitting a part of my
>paycheck into the 401K account and that transfer was not visible in the 401K
>account.
>
>The KB822766 article "401K and 403B Accounts Do Not Show in the List of
>Transactions in Money" says to:
>  1.. On the Accounts & Bills menu, click Account List.
>  2.. Click your 401K or 403B account, and then click Change account
>details.
>  3.. Click to clear the Retirement check box.
>  4.. Click to select the Retirement account check box, and then click OK on
>the message that appears.
>  5.. In the Edit Account dialog box, click Other (for employees), and then
>click Finish.
>I'm looking for some help getting the 401K account setup correctly so I can
>track how it is doing? Just having the balance is not what I want. I thought
>there was a feature included that would do that. I'm using version 2004.

How well Money shows the individual holdings varies with the
financial institution and how things are set up. For some you can
set up for online access and get data just like for an ordinary
investment account. Unfortunately that does not seem to be the
majority. For many 401K accounts, all the customer knows is value
each quarter. If there is no publicly available symbol for each of
the holdings, Money will not be displaying daily changes in value.
If they don't tell you how many shares you hold, you will not be
able to accurately track things. And even if they provide the data,
the download may not be automated.

Sometimes the 401k will hold a fund with the same name as that for a
fund that is publicly traded, but you get the "advisor" version that
comes with extra fees.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
7/1/2004 7:10:30 PM
> How well Money shows the individual holdings varies with the
> financial institution and how things are set up. For some you can
> set up for online access and get data just like for an ordinary
> investment account.

To see if my bank can track the 401K like an ordinary investment account,
should I follow the KB instructions.

Thanks again,
Shawn

0
shawn
7/1/2004 7:46:01 PM
In microsoft.public.money, "shawn" <shawn at att dot com> wrote:

>> How well Money shows the individual holdings varies with the
>> financial institution and how things are set up. For some you can
>> set up for online access and get data just like for an ordinary
>> investment account.
>
>To see if my bank can track the 401K like an ordinary investment account,
>should I follow the KB instructions.

"the" KB instructions???

I think the thing to do is to try to set up the account for online
access.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
7/1/2004 8:27:40 PM

From http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;822766

The KB822766 article 401K and 403B Accounts Do Not Show in the List of
Transactions in Money" says to:
  1.. On the Accounts & Bills menu, click Account List.
  2.. Click your 401K or 403B account, and then click Change account
details.
  3.. Click to clear the Retirement check box.
  4.. Click to select the Retirement account check box, and then click OK on
the message that appears.
  5.. In the Edit Account dialog box, click Other (for employees), and then
click Finish.

0
shawn
7/1/2004 8:46:09 PM
In microsoft.public.money, "shawn" <shawn at att dot com> wrote:

>> "the" KB instructions???
>
>From http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;822766
>
>The KB822766 article 401K and 403B Accounts Do Not Show in the List of
>Transactions in Money" says to:
>  1.. On the Accounts & Bills menu, click Account List.
>  2.. Click your 401K or 403B account, and then click Change account
>details.
>  3.. Click to clear the Retirement check box.
>  4.. Click to select the Retirement account check box, and then click OK on
>the message that appears.
>  5.. In the Edit Account dialog box, click Other (for employees), and then
>click Finish.

I would try to set up the account for online access. Doing those
steps first would not hurt.

Accounts&Bills->AccountSetUp->SetupOnlineServices

If online services are available to you, great. If not, you will
have to enter data manually with what you have.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
7/1/2004 9:30:01 PM
FYI, changing the view from basic to performance gave me some of the
information that I wanted.

> In microsoft.public.money, "shawn" <shawn at att dot com> wrote:
>
> >> "the" KB instructions???
> >
> >From http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;822766
> >
> >The KB822766 article 401K and 403B Accounts Do Not Show in the List of
> >Transactions in Money" says to:
> >  1.. On the Accounts & Bills menu, click Account List.
> >  2.. Click your 401K or 403B account, and then click Change account
> >details.
> >  3.. Click to clear the Retirement check box.
> >  4.. Click to select the Retirement account check box, and then click OK
on
> >the message that appears.
> >  5.. In the Edit Account dialog box, click Other (for employees), and
then
> >click Finish.
> >
> I would try to set up the account for online access. Doing those
> steps first would not hurt.
>
> Accounts&Bills->AccountSetUp->SetupOnlineServices
>
> If online services are available to you, great. If not, you will
> have to enter data manually with what you have.

0
shawn

Money 2004 Deluxe-Changing a charge account to a credit account
For some reason my Discover card is listed as a charge account (pay off completely each month) and isn't suppose to be. No matter how I try I can't seem to change this so I can list interest information and minimum amount, etc. Since there is only one underlying type--Credit Card--what is it that you want to change? I just created one of each a "Credit card" and a "Charge card". The only differences I can see are all exposed under the Account Details Change Credit Details button. You said "no matter how [you] try [you] can't". Did you try the...

set up account
? is the anyway to determine incoming mail server settings and outgoing mail server without contacting my isp? Usually the tech suport section on the website of the provider has all of the details you'll need without contacting them directly... On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 18:55:06 -0800, "YANKY" <YANKY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >? is the anyway to determine incoming mail server settings and outgoing mail >server without contacting my isp? hmm, it kind of hit and miss. most isp's incoming mail servers use POP3 and SMTP for outgoing. the server for incoming i...

Setting up an HSA account???
What is the best way to track an HSA (Health Savings Account) in Microsoft Money 2006 Small Business Edition. This is an account that I have with my current employer and has the ability to be invested in 5-6 different types of funds (of my choosing). Can I get someone's suggestion... because it is not mentioned in the Help file or anywhere within a Google search. I was think of just setting up a regular savings account, but how do I track employer contributions as well as tracking the various types of funds (stocks, bonds, etc) the account can be invested in? Thank you in advanc...

Charge Account/Accounts Rec.
How do you set up a charge account for customers(not using a credit card)? How do you tender the transaction? Will everything feed into my quickbooks properly? Thank you, -- CL This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_031A_01C6E87C.2381B690 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable CL, Manager | Database | Tender Types | add a Tender called Store Account or = whatever | change the tender type field to Account Manager | Database | Account Types | add your different types of terms = accounts Manager or POS...

external account of mail
hello to all. I previously have a exposed problem, but that the solution that habeis exposed is not worth to me (to put the service of quite complicated and ineffective mail in exchange, serious). I have external accounts of ISP and the dominion of the servant exchange agrees with the name @midominio.com there is a user which they have internal account to enter the servant, but does not have mailbox, single the mail of the ISP (andre@midominio.com). When they envian mail to its account leaves the following error: An error of configuration in the system of electronic mail gave rise to a curl be...

Create a lookup in Contacts for Account Name
I have three fields in my contacts form that relates to Account Names, but not the parent account name. Is there a way for me to create lookups on the Contact form and map them to my three custom attributes? I am not opposed to creating a new custom entity if needed. Thanks. In you case, you are looking to create 3 additional relationships to Account, which would then add the needed lookups. Unfortunately, in v3, there is not supported way to create multple relationships between entities. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM <nospam@meatonconsulting.com> wrote in message n...

OT IRA and 401k
Can you have both a IRA and 401k? Yes. In most (all???) cases what you can't do is contribute pre-tax (deductible) dollars to the IRA. You can contribute after-tax dollars. "Joseph A. Zupko" <jaz2@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:OWNNDCACFHA.3376@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Can you have both a IRA and 401k? If it's any help you can have both a Roth and a IRA. Not sure if you can an IRA and a 401K. "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in message news:%23Ss$aNACFHA.136@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Yes. In mo...

Can you send e-mails from two different accounts?
Hi! I have two e-mail accounts accessible from my Outlook 2002 - one on the company Microsoft Exchange Server and another on an IMAP server, provided my ISP. While I have no problem receiving and reading my personal mails through IMAP, I can't seem to send e-mails from my personal SMTP server (which service is allowed by my ISP.) When I send e-mails from Outlook, the mails are always sent from the MS Exchange Server, not the SMTP server, thus making it impossible for me to send personal e-mails from Outlook. For this reason, I have to run Outlook Express when I have to send personal e-mai...

Please Help With My Email Account!
Hi, I am in a rather nasty situation right now since my account has been closed. Early Thursday morning I noticed that a friend was asking me why I sent an advertisement for ED medication. I DID not send any such email and all the folks in my contact for hotmail were sent that email. I apoligized profusely to them in another email and changed my password on the account immediately. I am in a critical situation in my personal life right now and I need that account opened back up! I reported it and the number I received back was 1123881094. Can someone please help me on this...

Point of Sale 2.0 Accounting inergration with Quickbooks
Can anyone help me? Setting up pos to work with Quickbooks after receiveing the chart of accounts it has a question. In the Bills Account box, select the Quickbooks account that you want to use to rack Point of Sale Item receipt expenses. I am not sure what it is asking. I was using Microsoft accounting and it was done automaticly. I can't find the account it was using. -- rvsupplie ...

Accounts #2
Is it possible to delete/alter transactions in customers accounts. I understand that I can credit an account to fix a mistake but sometimes it would be nice to delete that entry and start again. It looks messy when we make mistakes and for some customers that we give discounts to, if we forget to give them the discount and then try to fix it later by crediting they see the original price on the statement. The second question was, does anyone know if it is possible to give chosen accounts a set discount? I'd like to be able to set friends accounts to 30% discount, so that staff can ...

Test Account Settings
I created a new profile and reestablished my email accounts in Outlook 2003. After setting up the account, I click on the "Test Account Settings" and get the following error message: Establish network connection: Unable to connect to the Internet or to the network. Please verify the connection settings. To access the connection settings, close this dialog, click More Settings, then click on the Connections Tab. This tells Outlook to connect to the local LAN. Email seems to send and receive OK. Just wondering why the "Test Account Settings" tab no longer works with m...

401k reconcillation
when i try to reconcile my wife's 401k, after entering all the data i get the following: "Money could not write to your Money file. The operation could not be preformed or another application finished this task befor you. Please try again" What version of Money are you using? Perhaps your money file is corrupted. Try running the command "msmoney -s" to salvage your last opened money file. Jeff "Gary Amstock" <gamstock@prodigy.net> wrote in message news:ORSw3RlYDHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > when i try to reconcile my wife's 401k, af...

how do i get outlook to recognize web outlook accounts?
i'm trying to set up outlook to access my school e-mail account. the university uses web outlook access for our accounts. i'm having trouble getting it to be recognized. i assume it needs to be set up as a pop3 account, but when i put the address for the log in screen, it says that it is unable to log in. all of the info is correct. also, i don't know what the outgoing server would be. if anyone could help, i would really appreciate it. As u said university uses Web Outlook so you need to know whats the HTTP address and then add that while selecting HTTP as the incomi...

Merge 2 accounts
Would like to be able to merge my wife's checking account and my account into one checking account. We have moved all our financial checking accounts into one at our bank, now would like to merge our activities into one account for budget tracking. We married a couple of years ago, now would like to be able to track our budget in one account. Our accounts balance in MS Money, so merging them seems like the thing to do. Please advise how to do this. Thank you So, you have two separate Money data files with multiple accounts in each and you want to merge them into one file? Or you h...

How to tell if an account is an Exchange "service" account?
Sorry, just having a paranoid moment... We've noticed an old functional account in AD called HelpLine which has been disabled for ages. It's not a member of any groups. An email address is listed on the General tab and we need to put that address on another mailbox. However, each time the field is emptied, the address appears to come back, so we can't assign it to another AD account (address already exists in the organisation error). In Exchange tasks on the account, I have the options to create a mailbox, establish email address or remove Exchange attributes. I'm pretty sur...

Account Administrator
I want delegate responsibility for one of our OU (Organizational Unit). Is there a possibility to create Account Administrator only for one OU? I do not want delegate the Administration of other OU. How to solve such a small problem? MarcusB Howdie! On 10.03.2010 10:32, MarcusB wrote: > I want delegate responsibility for one of our OU (Organizational Unit). > Is there a possibility to create Account Administrator only for one OU? > I do not want delegate the Administration of other OU. How to solve such > a small problem? Sure - create a custom security group f...

Small Business Accounting
I know the question has been asked several times before, but I've never seen a straight answer. What is the best SMALL business accounting package to use with RMS? We currently use Quickbooks 2003 and want to upgrade, but not to something else that doesn't work too well. Who is having the least problems (Quickbooks, MS-Small Business Accounting, Peachtree, etc.)? Wade In article <u0Jd4XD3GHA.4560@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, "Wade Deuter" <wade@degrata.com> wrote: > I know the question has been asked several times before, but I've never seen > a...

catchall account required for 2003
I have just had to do the most painful, twisted sbs03 install, the guy now wants me to redirect all mail without a definitive mailbox to be directed to him (ie ALL spam) and he will not be happy until I do it. All I can find so far are people charging for it (this guy wont pay for AV) and scripts that redirect all mail to his box, including those with legit addresses. He used to receive hundreds of mails a day now he doesn't. I truly am at a loss why he wants to do it. This is my first attempt at exchange so I am a bit green. It seems that approx 4 mails per day are seen as '...

backup outlook 2002 account info
Hello, all. I know how to back up Outlook data files, etc. Is there a way to back up Outlook XP(2002) account information? I have to create a new user profile on my win2000 laptop and upon doing so, the Outlook account is not set up for new profile. We connet to an Exchange server and it really isn't prudent to set up the account over a dial up connection. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!! Later versions of Outlook do not allow you to export your mail account settings, only import. Let me check to see if Outlook 2002 does this also. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post...

sub accounts or department accounts
We have a small non profit club with a single checking account, we have several different departments like club house and associated expenses, range and associated expenses, etc. We enter income and expenses against categories for the above, but would like to have a report showing the present value of each department or subaccount. Some years more comes in than goes out, other years the opposite, but it is not apparent how to report on the current balance in a category I cannot figure out a way to get Money to do this, can someone help me out please? thanks in advance -- Steve...

Quicken 401k to Money 401k
Just replaced my Quicken with Money 2004. Everything converted well. Only thing I can't figure out: I have an account "My 401k" ... in Quicken.. part of my paycheck deductions include a transfer to the 401k account. I set the account in Q to be included on tax reports. Money however, shows the account but no income deduction in tax manager or tax estimator. How do I tell Money that the 401k funds should come off my income? Thanks for any help. Verify that the transfer to the 401k is on the before tax tab of your scheduled (and entered) paychecks. Tax Estimator takes the s...

401k Loan #5
Hi, any tips on how to record and track a loan from a 401k account? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=2. An oldie but there still is no better support from the application. "Rob Berus" <rob@berusjr.com> wrote in message news:eiETV%23NPIHA.3816@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, any tips on how to record and track a loan from a 401k account? Thanks...that is what I needed. Guess it will be fun to combine this with the mortgage for the upcoming first house purchase. "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in message news:u...

Mmaisl splitting to more win boxes with only one pop-account
I use a WinXP box with two network cards. One is connected to internet an the other to a Win2K box. The Win2K box is connected by internet connection sharing (ICS). All is working fine but fetching mails: I have only one POP3 account at my ISP where all emails for the both users will be dropped (user1@domain.at and user2@domain.at). I would like to fetch all emails sent to user1 to the first box and all emails for user2 to the second box. How can I do this. Thanks for your help, Harald Harald ARNOLD <Harald.Arnold@arnold.at> wrote: > I use a WinXP box with two network cards. O...

Money 2005 and loan account balance
I apologize if this has been addressed before. I have searched Google Groups and come up with one other person asking a similar question, but with no resolution... I am new to MS Money. I recently purchased the Standard edition and set up my bank accounts. My financial institution doesn't seem to support Online Services, but I am able to download transactions from their web site into Money. This seems to work well, and all of my bank accounts show up correctly in Money. I recently took out a consolidation loan to pay off some credit cards. I setup a loan account in Money using the basi...