2008 tax settings wrong in M07.

In M04 under Taxes was a sub-menu item called Tax Settings, and within that
sub-menu was something called "Set your filing status and view tax rates by
income bracket."  I see that in M07 you can still select a filing status:
Single, etc., to Custom, but I don't see anywhere to specify what "Custom"
is, nor anywhere to verify the numbers that Money is using to estimate my
taxes: rates, income brackets, phase outs, etc.  Furthermore, the Standard
Deduction and Exemption shown in the Summary for 2008 are $5150 and $3300,
which are incorrect.  (They should be $5450 and $3500 for a single filer.)
I am running Update successfully--no errors.  (The numbers for year 2007 are
correct.)

Is there someplace that I can get to the Tax Settings?  If not, is there
anyway to verify or correct Money's tax settings?

0
xb77 (64)
1/7/2008 9:06:03 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, XB77 wrote:

>In M04 under Taxes was a sub-menu item called Tax Settings, and within that
>sub-menu was something called "Set your filing status and view tax rates by
>income bracket."  I see that in M07 you can still select a filing status:
>Single, etc., to Custom, but I don't see anywhere to specify what "Custom"
>is, nor anywhere to verify the numbers that Money is using to estimate my
>taxes: rates, income brackets, phase outs, etc.  Furthermore, the Standard
>Deduction and Exemption shown in the Summary for 2008 are $5150 and $3300,
>which are incorrect.  (They should be $5450 and $3500 for a single filer.)
>I am running Update successfully--no errors.  (The numbers for year 2007 are
>correct.)
>
>Is there someplace that I can get to the Tax Settings?  If not, is there
>anyway to verify or correct Money's tax settings?

See
Tools->Settings->TaxSettings->SetYourFilingStatusAndViewTaxRates...

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
1/7/2008 9:25:33 PM
Thanks, I wonder why Money has the 2008 tax info wrong.  Now I can fix it by
setting up Custom appropriately.

0
xb77 (64)
1/7/2008 11:44:54 PM
"XB77" <XB77@My-Deja.com> wrote in message
> Thanks, I wonder why Money has the 2008 tax info wrong.  Now I can
> fix it by setting up Custom appropriately.

I do, too, but it will probably be updated soon. Even the IRS is
behind schedule, since Congress didn't get the changes out the door on
time.
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

0
spam_magnet (1210)
1/8/2008 3:42:57 AM
Yea, this shouldn't be an issue for most folks before April 15 when the
first 2008 estimated quarterly tax payment will be due, before which MS will
presumably correct it.

0
xb77 (64)
1/8/2008 5:39:55 PM
In microsoft.public.money, XB77 wrote:

>Yea, this shouldn't be an issue for most folks before April 15 when the
>first 2008 estimated quarterly tax payment will be due, before which MS will
>presumably correct it.

Try now.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
1/18/2008 8:47:53 PM

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, XB77 wrote:
>
> >Yea, this shouldn't be an issue for most folks before April 15 when the
> >first 2008 estimated quarterly tax payment will be due, before which MS will
> >presumably correct it.
>
> Try now.

I have Money 2004 and I still can't update my 2008 Tax setting.  When I
update, nothing changes.

0
ediepgh (1)
2/3/2008 4:03:01 PM
"ediepgh" <ediepgh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I have Money 2004 and I still can't update my 2008 Tax setting.
> When I
> update, nothing changes.

I don't think it will. Check the user agreement link from the help
menu to confirm that online updates have expired.

0
spam_magnet (1210)

e2k3 rus pointing to wrong dc's
is there a way to select which dc the rus uses? sorry...reposted. gave me an error the first time ...

Win 2008 R2 backup
I am trying to schedule a system state backup to a network share using Windows Server Backup (Win 2008 R2). The backup runs fine when it's run manually, but it does not run when it's scheduled. Is there something I am overlooking or is it a problem with Win 2008? In article <eot2bZa1KHA.264@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, steve@nothing.ork says... > > I am trying to schedule a system state backup to a network share using > Windows Server Backup (Win 2008 R2). The backup runs fine when it's run > manually, but it does not run when it's scheduled. Is ...

Query mailbox limit settings
Hi, Is it possible to write a query or script which get back the settings of mailbox limits at all users in the domain or in an ou? - the "Use mailbox store defaults" checkbox is selected or not - the "Issue warning at" checkbox is selected or not, and if it is selected, what value is given - the "Prohibit send at" checkbox is selected or not, and if it is selected, what value is given - the "Prohibit send and receive at" checkbox is selected or not, and if it is selected, what value is given Are LDIFDE or CSVDE useful for this task? I have not fo...

2005 printing the Tax Category Manager report
I desperatly need to print a report that shows line by line the category to tax form associations. Basically what the Tax Category Manager page shows... Yet I can't find any way of doing this. Using money 2005 SB. Thanks, Cameron In microsoft.public.money, Cameron wrote: >I desperatly need to print a report that >shows line by line the category to tax form associations. >Basically what the Tax Category Manager page shows... >Yet I can't find any way of doing this. >Using money 2005 SB. If you would like to print an image of the page, you can position things as you wa...

GP 10 and Terminial Server 2008
My customer is having issues with GP 10 sp4 and Terminal Server 2008. Whenever they are in one of the Navigation panes (Purchasing) and they choose an option in the navigation Pane other than the PURCHASING (ie VENDORS) they are kicked out of GP. Has anyone come across this? ...

Form Displaying Wrong Number of Records
Access 2007 I have the following code in the On Current of my form Dim intNewrec As Integer intNewrec = IsNull(Me.DvdMovieID) If intNewrec Then lblCount.Caption = "***New Record***" Else lblCount.Caption = RecordsetClone.RecordCount & " Items" End If When the form initially opens lblCount displays "1 Items" until I select a record then the correct number of records are shown. The same code is in othewr forms with no problems. Any ideas? Thanks James JamesJ wrote: >Access 2007 > >I have the following code in ...

THIS_FILE' : redefinition; different storage class while changing setting from /MD to /MDD
Hi, I working in finding out the memory leak in the application which was developed in vc++2005. I am using _CrtMemCheckpoint function to find out the memory leak these function will be working only when the application is in debug mode and the project setting should in /MDD or /MTD . When ever I change my setting from /MD to /MDD I get a compiler error Error 251 error C2370: 'THIS_FILE' : redefinition; different storage class i.e error is at #ifdef _DEBUG #define new DEBUG_NEW #undef THIS_FILE #pragma once static char THIS_FILE[] = __FILE__; #endif ...

SBS 2008 std and Sql Server 2008 std question
SBS2008 came with Windows Server std 2008 and Sql Server std 2008. I installed SBS2008. I installed Windows Server 2008. I joined Windows Server 2008 to the SBS 2008 domain with a regular user account (I had to make a regular user account in SBS2008 so that when I joined the Windows Server 2008 to it, I would be able to install SQL Server 2008) I then installed SQL Server 2008. My question is this. Do I have to continue to login on Windows Server 2008 as a regular user or can I login to it as the administrator? If I do, will that affect my domain connection to SBS2008? Also, wil...

upgrade path from 2008 home to 2008 full
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel hello, Is there an upgrade path to the full version of office 2008 from the home version or am I stuck with the three licenses I have of 'home'. I need exchange access in entourage and notice I need the full version of office to gain that functionality. In the upgrade eligibilty notes for the full version I dont see any info regarding the home edition. thanks in advance, scott On 3/13/08 1:11 PM, in article ee93c4a.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "slowden@officeformac.com" <slowden@officeformac.com> ...

Set Multiple Print Areas
Hi, I have numerous sheets in my workbook and I have to print each one of them. Is there a way where I can automatically (VB?) set the print area for each one, as they are of different sizes. Thanks! The easy way would be to mark each area and Insert - Name - Define for that area. Then to print, select the name from the dropdown, and Print - Selection. This does not allow you to have different Header rows though -- Bryan Hessey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&u...

set datalabel font size for all charts in a row
Hi, This Sub doesn't work (why?) I have a number of chartobjects with different numbers of datalabels and seriecollections. How can I change font size for all charts and datalabels in seriescollections all in a row? Sub SetFonts() Dim chtobj As ChartObjects Dim scol As SeriesCollection Dim dl As DataLabel For Each chtobj In ActiveSheet For Each scol In chtobj For Each dl In scol With dl.Font .Name = "Arial" .FontStyle = "Fet" .Size = 16 .Strikethrough = False .Superscript = False .Subscript = Fa...

SQL 2005 to SQL 2008
Can a 2005 SQL DB located on a Windows 2003 R2 (32 bit) server be moved to a Windows 2008 R2 (64 bit) server? Will the database have to be converted to do this? Thanks, John John, Your Subject and your question details seem slightly out of synch, but here goes: 1. (To the question) SQL Server databases are not server bit aware, so the disk image is the same in 32-bit and 64-bit whether on Windows 2003 or Windows 2008. 2. (To the Subject:) If you move a database from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008, the database will be upgraded by the SQL Server 2008 serve...

migrating sbs 2008 to sbs 2008
Dear all, is there any way to migrate from an sbs 2008 to an fresh sbs 2008 this question because there is many errors occured with our sbs 2008 impossible to make any new group for receive mails impossible to backup with windows (VSS errors) and some others errors due to misusages of this server Thanks in advance for responses. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002B_01CABEB9.41C9C590 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable sure, it's essentially the same as the sbs 20...

How do I set up a formula to flag up a future expiry date say 60 d
excel 2003 How do I set up a formula to flag up a future expiry date of say 60 days Conditional formatting. Select the cells, say A1:A10 Menu Format>Conditional Formatting Change Condition1 to Formula Is Add a formula of =A1=TODAY()+60 Select the pattern tab, choose a colour exit out -- HTH RP "Terrano2" <Terrano2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88511434-A400-45C7-A25C-5F5BFF06816E@microsoft.com... > excel 2003 > How do I set up a formula to flag up a future expiry date of say 60 days ...

setting up e-mail accounts
I have never used Office products before.All I want to do is use Outlook 2003 to check all my email accounts in one convenient location.This is for my home use only,on a dial-up connection. I have one POP3 account,two Yahoo http accounts,and one Hotmail account.I tried using the wizard to set-up accounts,but I don't really know what I am doing. Perhaps it is not possible to do this without being on some business or commercial network or server.Does anyone know if I can set-up Outlook for personal home use? Perhaps,it maybe a simple matter wrong settings or something,I don't know....

Sales Not Reported in BAS/Tax Report
Setting: Australian GST/BAS Reporting Version GP8.0 When an Export Sales is processed the Sales/GST Information is not updated in TAX Tables (TX?????). The issue occurs when using the Advanced Tax Calculation there are Tax Settings differences between the Customer (Bill/Shipping) Tax Details and the Item Tax Details. The Items by default is set to be Taxable e.g. AUSGSTTS (Taxable Supplies @ 10 perent) on the other hand Customer Tax Settings is AUSGSTEX (Export Sales with Zero Tax Rate). For Export Sales the GST is Zero rated and should use AUSGSTEX, but the Item Tax Detail is left bl...

Copy Set of records between 2 subforms
Hi, my database is for my clients purchases (from different suppliers). The main Purchase form includes information as client name, supplier, date etc. The same form also includes 2 subforms - first is the actual order details (product, price,qty) and the second is the arrival order details (Product, Price,qty). Each Purchase can have several products. Each subform is based of a different table, both linked (one-to-many) to the mainform. This is done since the arrived order maybe different from the actual order, and I have to keep both sets of records. So, I would like to use the "...

Tax Software
My wife is self-employed, using a portion of the home as an office-studio. For years she has paid a CPA to do her federal and state income tax returns. Can the Money tax software program help? That is, can it be used with confidence by a non-accountant? If so, is there a particular version she should use? She has no employees, but does have a business license. Would this qualify her as a "small business," and would she have to use a small business version of the software? check-out the tax softwares .......taxcut or ........turbotax these have lots of options and forms filled out....

Word 2008 visual display is outdated.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I bought this mac last year in august for college. Im not sure what kind of processor it has, but it's the macbook pro. We got the new microsoft, and everything has been fine with it - absolutely no problems. However, I noticed that my visual set up, like what it actually looks like when it is opened, looks like the old version. The new version - which I've used at home and on my home computer, which I used the exact SAME microsoft package for - is not on my mac. The one with the brighter colors and the new tabs and different ...

BranchOffice Server 2008 under SBS2003
Hi Team: At HeadOffice (HO) have an SBS 2003 premium setup in 2 NIC configuration connecting to the ADSL Modem (8MB down, 1 MB up) since 2007. Have all the apps, except ISA, installed and working good. Need to set-up a Server 2008 in branch office (BO) ADSL (10MB Down, 2 MBup), 10-15 Users. Help suggestions/ thoughts/ step by step/ documentation/ recommendations/ links will be gratly appreciated. Thanks Kaloo On 9/11/2010 9:18 AM, Mohindar wrote: > Hi Team: > > At HeadOffice (HO) have an SBS 2003 premium setup in 2 NIC configuration > connecting to the A...

GP 9 and SQL 2008
Can the GP 9 database be moved form a SQL 2005 to SQL 2008 server? I also am using Business Portal and FRx. We are moving from GP 9 to v2010 and figured I can move the database to the new SQL 2008 server prior to doing the upgrade in a few months. GP 9.0 is not supported on SQL Server 2008 and there have been some reported issues running GP 9.0 on SQL 2008. Unless there is absolutely no choice, I would recommend waiting until your upgrade to GP 2010 to go to SQL 2008. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP (2005 - 2010) Want to run Crystal and SSRS reports from GP? http://www...

Server 2008 R2 offsite backup copy question
Hello! I recently set up my first 2008 server for a client (it is 2008 R2). While deciding the best method of doing her backups so she can have local/offsite backups, I currently have the 2008 backup going to a shared folder on her primary server (unfortunately **still** SBS 2000...yes, you read that correctly!), which is then backed up by Backup Exec to tape along with everything else on the SBS 2000 server. She takes the tapes off site every day. I'd prefer to have the 2008 back up to USB or NAS disk, then copy to another USB for offsite backups, swapping out the seco...

Resetting Outlook settings to view messages in HTML
HELP!! I changed my default font and somehow ended up with all my messages being shown in text format vs HTML. I made some change that now showHow do I reset Outlook to show messages in HTML vs text? Try Tools>Options>Mail Format, does the first drop down box show HTML? "Wolfman5852" wrote: > HELP!! I changed my default font and somehow ended up with all my messages > being shown in text format vs HTML. I made some change that now showHow do I > reset Outlook to show messages in HTML vs text? ...

Money 2008 order
Hi I live in canada and i would like to buy the Money plus deluxe 2008 where from the microsoft site i can order? In microsoft.public.money, Luc wrote: > > >I live in canada and i would like to buy the Money plus deluxe 2008 > >where from the microsoft site i can order? There is no longer a Canadian specific product. Canadians can actually use any version. They will get Canadian banks, they just won't get other Canadian specific info (taxes, RRSP vs 401k, etc). If they use a US term such as IRA, they can parallel many of the functions. I expect this will be some pr...

How do I set service recovery options?
I'm trying to figure out how to set service recovery options using Powershell V2. I've explored the *-service cmdlets and the win32_service class but haven't found out how to do it yet. Anyone know how to do this? Not sure you can... http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee156571.aspx "Every managed resource class definition consists of properties, methods, and qualifiers. This definition is applied to all instances of a class and determines what can and cannot be done to an instance. For example, with services you can specify actions that will be ...