2006 backup file to money essentials

I just download micro money essentials to my new computer, i tried to use my
back up file from my money 2006 on my laptop, it is not working it says it
does not use files from previous versions.  help
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, dennisddjj wrote:

>I just download micro money essentials to my new computer, i tried to use my
>back up file from my money 2006 on my laptop, it is not working it says it
>does not use files from previous versions.  help

If you did not start with the trial, return Essentials. Install the
Money Plus Deluxe trial expecting to buy 60 days later.
0
via_newsgroup (13113)

Set default application to open some kind of file
Hi group, How can i set the system to open all .doc files with word?: Thanks, Rodolfo Fontes Get Info (Command-I) on a .doc file. Set the default to open with Microsoft Word. Now all .doc files should open into Word when double-clicked. -Mark "Rodolfo Fontes" <rodolfofontes@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message news:OxsCGSdcFHA.2696@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi group, > > How can i set the system to open all .doc files with word?: > > Thanks, > Rodolfo Fontes > ...

Error: Posting to table IV10001
Has anyone ever seen this error: "Error: Posting to table IV10001 - Restore from Backup if possible." I received this from a Receivings Posting Journal report from Purchase Order Processing. The Purchasing Transaction went through fine - but no Receipt Transaction was posted in inventory. I have tried to recreate the error with no luck and I do not see anything in TK. Any ideas? Thank you! Have you tried dropping and recreating the IV10001 table auto stored procedures? Please take a look at my article "What does SQL Maintenance really do?" at http://dynamicsgpbl...

Cannot open file form File Open menu
If i select the File menu and then open nothing happens, if I use the Task pane and click on more my file list appears. I can also launch excel files from explores. Why does the file/open menu not work. There was a virus that affected the File|Save, File|SaveAs and File|Open. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308360 OFF2000: Error Messages Caused by Nimda Virus When You Open or Save Files in Office Programs maybe you got hit. (I'm not sure if this affected the taskpane, though.) danny tew wrote: > > If i select the File menu and then open nothing happens, > ...

Entering password to open Excel file causes quit
When I open an important password-protected document in Excel (Office.X), it causes Excel to shut down. I tried opening in Neo Office but since the file is password protected, Neo won't open it. And I can't turn off the password without first opening in Excel, right? Any help would be much appreciated. Brad In article <1171983688.247786.290740@t69g2000cwt.googlegroups.com>, bgilmore@mail.com wrote: > When I open an important password-protected document in Excel > (Office.X), it causes Excel to shut down. I tried opening in Neo > Office but since the file is passw...

Upgrade to 2006 Premium?
I just bought Money 2006 Deluxe and didn't realize there was a premium version (I know, DUH!!)....does anyone have a link where I can upgrade to premium from deluxe version of Money 2006??? Any help appreciated. ~OMalley~ In microsoft.public.money, OMalley wrote: >I just bought Money 2006 Deluxe and didn't realize there was a premium >version (I know, DUH!!)....does anyone have a link where I can upgrade to >premium from deluxe version of Money 2006??? No. The difference between Deluxe and Premium is not the program itself, but the external services that are bundled. ...

how can i open a .pub file in word
i have emailed my homework home as a .pub file-we do not have publisher and i cannot open it in word to finish the homework. My family do not want to buy publisher just for my homework-help please!!!!! You can't open it in Word. If you want, send it to me and I will convert the contents to Word. You will lose formatting. gsauer at columbus dot rr dot com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "panic stricken needs help" <panic stricken needs help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55B2A6C...

Take Data From Other Files
How do I take data from other files? I believe that somehow I would use the VLOOKUP function. Say I have a source file I'm grabing from. I want an entire column from my source file to be sucked in a particular file (working file), minus the first row (I have two files with different column names). The source file changes occasionally (numbers of rows, data, etc.). I want the information to be updated every time I open my working file. How would I do this? How would I do this if I have multiple source files? Basically, this is the situation. I have many suppliers. Each...

Issue with print display when word is saved as htm file
Can anyone tell me how I can fix this issue. We ask our clients to use Microsoft Word to create a document then save it as htm file. This htm file is used in our application. The issue is that when we do print display the htm file displays '?' question marks for single quotes and double quotes. We also have problems with formatting where the user adds bullets instead of numbering. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this issue? -- Tucson ...

Money Bug 03/04: Stock Changes it's name but Maoney wont let that happen.
I have seen this in Money 2003 and now 2004. A company, such as DELL changes it's name but not is it symbol. When I download transactions Money asks if the new name is the same investment as the old name (obviously it is as they have the same symbol). I say yes it is the same. Money asks "Are You Sure Dell Computers is the same as Dell Inc". Regardless of how I answer this confirm It asks the first question again, and again and again and again until I admit that Dell Inc is NOT Dell Computer. Only then can I continue the reconcile. Every time I upgrade I wish I did not. I...

missing messages odx file
After getting an upgrade, I try to get messages into outlook express. I get an missing DIRECTDB.DLL file and when I checked online support. It tells me to do something with messages.odx files. I don't have this file ? Any ideas ? ...

adding a row to a file will not add line to linked files
Is there a way to instruct linked sheets/workbooks to add a row when creating new rows on a master list workbook -- Regards Bilcat1 ...

2006
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C57EEA.090A8AA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Anyone have it yet? Can you at least post on the performance? I've = heard nothing really has changed but how fast is it? ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C57EEA.090A8AA0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent...

January 2006
In cells a1, b1, etc., I have the month-end date, like 12/31/2005. Now that January 2006 has rolled around, I want the column with the date 12/31/2005 to highlight using conditional formatting. The Month function works well within the current year (=MONTH(a$1)=MONTH(TODAY())-1, but how do I get the prior year-end month (Dec) to highlight when the first month of the current year rolls around? -- Howard Similar as what you have now except with Year() added =AND(MONTH(A$1)=MONTH(TODAY())-1,YEAR(A$1)=YEAR(TODAY())-1) Regards J -- pinmaste -------------------------------------------------...

manipulating a .rc file #3
Hi All, I am trying to manipulate the unicode strings in a .rc file programatically. For example, if I want to read the .rc file, and then read the strings and then manipulate them. In .NET there is support using the ResXResourceReader/Writer for the ..ResX files, but nothing for .rc files. Is there any similar way in ..NET or Win32 to work with .rc files?? Thanks in advance! ...

money 97 #2
when going into investment portfoloi, then online quotes, click call, in summary of call to online quotes. where the quotes should be name of quote was not recognized. running win 98, internet explorer 4.0, and money 97 version 5.0 thanks In microsoft.public.money, doug wrote: >when going into investment portfoloi, then online quotes, >click call, in summary of call to online quotes. where >the quotes should be name of quote was not recognized. >running win 98, internet explorer 4.0, and money 97 >version 5.0 A problem made the quote downloads fail for Money 97. It w...

restore backup file
Where do I find my outlook backup file, and how do I restore it? I looked at help but it didn't help. polynomial5d Search for pst-files on your harddisk. Make sure you include hidden and system files/folders. You can the connect to it from within Outlook by File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "polynomial5d" <polynomial5d@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D3687CD-9190-4F2A-9351-30A63D3CE29...

Upgrade from 2004 to 2006
I've read a lot of articles in this group describing how you can't upgrade between different localized versions of money. My question is: How do I see what version my 2004 is? Thanks First, where'd you buy it? "Carsten Hoeck" <c_hoeck@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23Z1rGaezFHA.2348@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I've read a lot of articles in this group describing how you can't upgrade > between different localized versions of money. > My question is: How do I see what version my 2004 is? Post back what Help > About says re the vers...

Excel 2000 and MapPoint 2006
The MP06 Help insists the COM add-in works with Excel 2000, but I'm having problems. * installed MP06 on a system with Excel 2000 already installed * installed the COM add-in * when I click the 'Insert MapPoint Map' item in Excel 2000 it flashes but nothing happens Trying code in the Excel sheet (reference set to MP 13 Object Library) Dim oApp As Object Set oApp = CreateObject("Mappoint.Application") throws Err 429: ActiveX Control can't create object (so does Set oApp = CreateObject("Mappoint.Application.NA.13")) Any ideas? Thanks Your code run...

Overall Opinions
I've read the varying threads on MS Money 2006. I'm trying to decide if it's worth converting from MS Money 2004. So far, I've only read one positive response. I bought MS Money 2005 and sent it back within 1 week. Horrid program. Key features (call me strange, but I like them) that I found useful in Money '04: 1. I could toggle between my online connection and accounts. Sounds simple, but when I would download transactions, have a transaction that was questionable, I could toggle back to the account register to investigate and toggle back to my online account. Thi...

Data from xml file gets truncated when writing to text file
Hello everybody, I have an xml doc and I am trying to write the values from xml file to a tab delimited text file. Currently, what I am doing is I am reading xml file through XpathNavigaotr and manipulating all the nodes,elements and attributes than I am writing those values to a text file using stream writer. Now coming to my problem When I am writing data to the text file value of the last record is getting truncated. My code sample for formatting the xml looks like this Private Sub Format(ByVal myXPathNavigator As XPathNavigator) Dim strtemp As String = String.Empty ...

Registry Fix for MS Money 2006 and MS Money for PocketPC 2006 in Windows Vista with Windows Mobile Device Center
Registry Fix for MS Money 2006 and MS Money for PocketPC 2006 in Windows Vista with Windows Mobile Device Center For WHATEVER reason, Microsoft dropped support for one of its most useful, albeit free, utilities I have EVER used, and used EVERY SINGLE DAY, ALL THROUGHOUT THE DAY, since It has been available: synching Microsoft Money 2006 with my PocketPC. I have purchased EVERY VERSION of Microsoft Money since its inception, and have truly used it to my benefit, and was ECSTATIC when they brought about the ability to synch that great product with my PocketPC by installing the freely downloada...

Money: Upgrading from 2003 to 2006
I wrote a long article back in February detailing my experience attempting to upgrade from 2003 to 2005. At the end of this experiment I decided to completely roll back to 2003. What I didn't take into account was that Microsoft had unknownlingly locked me into the 2006 version by hiding a ticking timebomb in my application. Knowing that my downloads were weeks away of coming to a grinding halt, I had no other option. As long as I was upgrading for good though, I decided to write my new experiences for those of you interested. ---The Decisions--- My first task was to decide which option...

can't save word files
I am not able to save my work in microsoft word (office pro 2003). I am getting a message saying that i don't have enough memory, but I do have ample memory at leats 7 Gb. I have tried detect and repair but to no avail. Thanks in advance. 7GB of memory? Are you sure you don't mean hard drive space? "RS" <RS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:082A4FD2-34F5-4D4B-BD9F-C631F2F612C9@microsoft.com... :I am not able to save my work in microsoft word (office pro 2003). I am : getting a message saying that i don't have enough memory, but I do hav...

How to convert money data file
when i try to convert my money 2003 data file to an earlier money programe, it keep asking for a password which i do not have. any solution ? Hi k It is doing what it is suppose to do Bob "k" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02e801c3d022$42808410$a501280a@phx.gbl... > when i try to convert my money 2003 data file to an > earlier money programe, it keep asking for a password > which i do not have. any solution ? Money isn't backwards compatible. You can't read your M2003 file in an earlier version. -- Regards Bob Peel, Mic...

Recommended backup solutions for Small Business Server 2008
Hi, I have a customer with a SBS2008 server with 3TB of data and does not want to use the built in SBS2008 backup. Does anyone have any recommendations as to backup software for Small Business Server 2008 ? ShadowProtect Server (make sure you look at the SBS version, which is the same in every way except cost). I would (and did) get the free trial and give it a run first. http://www.storagecraft.com/ The built-in backup rocks, but I suspect that's not the conversation you're looking for : -) "Michael" <michael.green@solventgreen.com.nospam> wro...