2005 Update failed - what can I do?

Hello,

I have the 2005 Money trial version, I downloaded the update, but it failed
to install. I cannot open Money with my current money.mny file, only a newly
created one.

The error is:

A communication error occured. Please try your call again. If you cantinue
to have problems call your financial institution's Online Services Customer
Support.

Thanks for the help

Frank

0
farocco (73)
11/18/2004 3:05:16 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Frank wrote:

>I have the 2005 Money trial version, I downloaded the update, but it failed
>to install. I cannot open Money with my current money.mny file, only a newly
>created one.
>
>The error is:
>
>A communication error occured. Please try your call again. If you cantinue
>to have problems call your financial institution's Online Services Customer
>Support.

I would try creating a new user with Administrator privilege.
Switch to that user and start Money with a new blank file.  Let
Money download the updates as that user.

The theory is that if the problem is an IE6 setting, you will get
default settings for the new user.  If you succeed this way, it
would accomplish the download, and it would point toward the reason
the other did not work.  You can delete the new user later, and
your regular IE6 settings will not have been changed.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
11/18/2004 4:00:10 AM
I tried what Cal Learner wrote about setting-up and administrative account
and downloading the updates then restarting MS Money (I have a paid version
of Premium 2005) and I still get the same error "A communication error
occured. Please try your call again. If you continue
to have problems call your financial institution's Online Services Customer
Support." when I try to use my orginial .mny or backup file.

Why this update?  And how can I get my data files to be used?  I don't want
to have to re-invent my files again.  Need help ASAP (cmbmedic3277@msn.com)

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Frank wrote:
>

> >I have the 2005 Money trial version, I downloaded the update, but it failed
> >to install. I cannot open Money with my current money.mny file, only a newly
> >created one.
> >
> >The error is:
> >
> >A communication error occured. Please try your call again. If you cantinue
> >to have problems call your financial institution's Online Services Customer
> >Support.
>
> I would try creating a new user with Administrator privilege.
> Switch to that user and start Money with a new blank file.  Let
> Money download the updates as that user.
>
> The theory is that if the problem is an IE6 setting, you will get
> default settings for the new user.  If you succeed this way, it
> would accomplish the download, and it would point toward the reason
> the other did not work.  You can delete the new user later, and
> your regular IE6 settings will not have been changed.

0
Cmbmedic (3)

Bibliography updates with an unrecognize font.

Scottrade and Money 2005
I'm experiecing problems with Money 2005 downloading my Scottrade transactions. I setup the online services in money using the recommended steps however when Money will just say 'updating' for a loooong time and never actually download any information. I left attempt download for 3 hours yesterday and to no avail with Scottrade. It downloads all other online information fine for my other accounts, just with scottrade there's no activity. I've tried restarting, recreating scottrade account in money, recreating Online services and still no luck. Has anyone else faced a s...

Money 2005 performance
I have installed Money 2005 and am not totally happy. First of all, it is slow. Every action, it takes 100% of CPU. It also seems to be talking to the internet for some reason Second I upgraded from 2003 and it has messed up my data. The Bills to pay list has the same item several times, for the same date. Deleting an item takes 22 seconds. Thirdly, there are actions it just carry out. I go to the bills list and highlight one payment and press edit and Money comes back to the same screen, the list of payments and doesn't let me edit the item I highlighted. Anyone had similar experience...

Table update interrupted
I have a batch stuck in Batch Recovery. It says the status is: "Table Updates Interrupted". If I try to "Continue" the Batch Recovery process it says: "You have not marked any batches for posting" (even though the batch is marked) and if I try to unmark the batch it says: "Unable to change batch's status. The batch is being posted." How do I get it out of there? IF you have experience in Enterprise Manager, open the table SY00500 in the company database, locate the batch, and set the field BCHSTTUS on that batch ONLY to 0. If you do not h...

Problem restoring file to Money 2005
I was running an old version of Money. I think it was 99 -My computer crashed recently. My files were backed up. I upgraded to Money 2005 Standard and intended to restore the back up file from 99. However, 2005 keeps telling me it cannot read the mbf file, that the drive may be locked, which it isn't. I have tried moving the file to my hard drive. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas? Or, any idea how I can get the data out of the .mbf file so I can at least have a hard copy of it. Thanks. ...

Can I move a button from toolbar to a worksheet?
Hi all, I need to move or copy filter Reapply button [Data\Sort&Filter \Reapply] from toolbar to my worksheet. Is it possible? Thanks, Arty You could add that button to your QAT I don't think you can drag it to the sheet. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 06:56:56 -0700 (PDT), Arty <artemedu@mail.ru> wrote: >Hi all, >I need to move or copy filter Reapply button [Data\Sort&Filter >\Reapply] from toolbar to my worksheet. Is it possible? > >Thanks, >Arty ...

Update a link in Excel files offline
I created large fiels containing links to multiple files. It is tedious opening the files to get the links updated. I would like to find out if there is a way to update the links in offline or batch mode perhaps in MS-DOS window with a script file. Is there any good book or help article regarding this task? Thanks! ...

Update blank/null fileds with value of previous row using update q

Can not view system folders
We have an exchange 2003 server on win 2k box. When I go to system manager -- folders -- public folders and right click on the public folders, than click display system folders nothing happens. It does not display the system folders and there is no error message. Also when I create a new public folder nothing happens. I can however create folders inside the "Public folders" folder from within Outlook 2003. Help Thank you Right-click the Public Folders root and select to change the server your System Manager is talking to. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the ...

Unable to install 2 updates
Machine info- Vista home premium 32bit 3gb ram 160 gb hdd Other symptoms - Machine will not shut down normally requires hard boot hangs in logging off. - Takes 7-9 mins to boot up - Task manager is unstable sometimes it does not allow you to open it although it appears in taskbar. - slow in general The 2 updates that will not install are- IE 8 for Windows Vista -Microsoft.net framework 3.5 servicepack 1 and .net framework 3.5 family update (KB951847) x86 Any help is appreciated I have been dealing with this for a couple of months now. -- lntmyh Posted via http:...

Publisher 97 can't open publisher 95 files
I have a user who has over a hundred Publisher 95 files and she upgraded to Publisher 97. Now if she tries to open a .pub file (from Publisher 95) it says it can't open it in this version. I understand that 95 would not be able to open 97 but It seems strange that 97 can't open 95 files. I'd recommend that she upgrade to Publisher 2002 or 2003, but I don't know if they can open Publisher 95 files either. Anybody know of a way to open Publisher 95 files in 97 or if 2003 can open 95 files??? Thanks If your friend has recently upgraded from 95 to 97, chances are her system...

Don't understand posted update query answers
Read a lot of posts but ... One table called Address has field cell and field email. no data in those fields. Second table called Cell has field cell and field email with data. Address table has 2000+records. Cell table only has 136 records. How do I get Cell table data in Address table? Then I'll delete Cell table. Terry, Before you you update the table, how are they related? And, are you sure this is a one to one table relationship. I mean it's possible it's a one to many or a many to many... Some people might have two cell numbers, one personal and one f...

Can not open .TIFF attachments from Outlook2003.
I am unable to open or save a .tiff file from outlook 2003. These are faxes that are directed to Outlook. I had no problem opening them until a week ago. Still have no problems opening other attachements. The errors I get are: Save: Outlook could not save file Open: Cannot create file: message.tiff. Right click the folder you want to create file in, and then click properties on the shortcut menu to check permissions for the folder. I have been able to open other .tiff files with no problem and these faxes can open on other computers, therefore the problem has to be with Outlook. I have r...

Upgrade Money 2005 Trial to Money 2005 (International Version)
I used in the last months Money 2005 Trial. Now I bought Money 2005 an I wanted to convert the mymoney.mny file to Money 2005, but I didn't succeeded, it was not possible to upgrade this file. Is there any possibility to upgrade the Trial data file ? Open the sample.mny file or create a new file. Let the update download and install. Reboot and try to open the file you created with the trial version again. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org/ Check http://money.mvps.org/faq/ for tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your product wishes see http:...

Money 2005 and Pocket Money 2005
I have a strange problem, I looked on the FAQs, reinstalled both programs and it still comes back. Both money '05 and pocket money 05 seem to work fine (though i think money '05 is a lot harder to use than money '02). The problem is with the investments portion of pocket money 05. For some reason it doesn't transfer over how many shares i own and then for some reasons says I own -trillionsOfDollars (where trillionsOfDollars is some obscenely huge numbeR). Has anyone heard of this or can help me. Shaun ...

Help! Links aren't updating
I have a very large spreadsheet that has cells that reference othe cells in other tabs withing the same workbook. However they hav stopped updating. These are simple links (='TAB'!CELL), but when change the value in the source cell, the linked cell is not changing. The only think I have found to work is to F2 into the cell with th link, then <enter> out and it refreshes. Due to the vast number o references in this workbook, this will take forever! Any ideas on how to get the workbook to refresh all links withi itself? Thanks! Andre -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelF...

After form Update event
I have a form that I would like to have update the field called "PESA_timestamp" if any other field on the form is updated. (Code shown below.) It does the update just fine, but it won't let me move to the next record. It stays in Edit mode until I hit the Escape key. Also, how do I get the actual login name rather than the PC's user name? Private Sub Form_AfterUpdate() Me.PESA_timestamp = CurrentUser() & " ~ " & Date End Sub -- Thank you, cs ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters c...

Money 2005 start-up error 12-14-09
I'm having the same problem and can not access my msmoney 2005 standard data, that it encountered an interal error and has to close. Has been working fine until today. I sure wish someone could help me with thise - it is mind numbing! I am having the same problem also. Seams very strange that this is happening to alot of people on the same day. Never had a problem with it before. We need help opening money 2005. hope that I dont lose all that important info. Very disappointed with MS right now. They don't seam to be very helpful. "Ricky D" wrote: >...

DPM 2010 RTM trial failing on installation
I am attempting to install the DPM 2010 RTM trial On a patched-up-to-date 2008 R2 machine. However, it doesn't get past the Visual VC++ 2008 Redistributable. It hangs for about an hour, and then tells me that it can't install the redistributable. Any ideas? Hi Paul, As per the setup recommendation, please try the installation of VC redist outside of DPM setup from installation bits folder \Redist\vcredist\vcredist_64.exe, restart if prompted and try DPM setup. -- Thanks Venkata Praveen[MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and c...

Worksheets OK on frame relay fail on DSL
We are seeing strange behavior at some of our stores. We are seeing WS250's (roughly 2500 items) process correctly on frame circuits but fail when the same WS is ran over DSL/VPN connection at same store. After long processing delay and high CPU usage at store by HQ Client and SQL, the worksheet will failed logging a timeout in the client log, then the client will attempt to process the same sheet again... Switching this back to frame the same sheet works fine. We have tested and adjusted MTU based on packet fragmentation tests. Please advise if you can assist. Rick, See the in...

Adding entity in Update Change
Hi, Is there a way to add customize entity when defining new rule on workflow Action> Update Entity? By default, the Update entity of opportunity consists of account, contact, owner and opportunity. I want to add another customize entity there. Is it possible? How to do it? Thx Carrie when you create a relationship between the opportunity and the custom entity the referenced entity list will be auto populated. Note that if the 1 to many relationship exits from opportunity to this custom entity and <opporutnity> refrence entity will appear when creating rules for the custom e...

Money 1999 Updating to newer
I would like to know if the newer versions of money, since 1999 have the 'Balance Forecast' feature. That is the feature I DON'T want to lose if I upgrade. I haven't used M99 since, well, 1999. M04/05 (and others) have a thing called Forecast Cash Flow. M02 and up do not have the ability to show a calculated balance given selected items in the list of scheduled bills and deposits. Most of us find that the former does almost everything the latter did. "Losing?" <Losing?@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CDD103D4-0E1D-44FB-ACF5-D8B5FDB80763...

Outlook 2010 and Communicator 2005
Does anyone know if there has been a resolution for Presence in outlook 2010 when using Office Communicator 2005? I am using Outlook 2010 and Communicator 2005 and Outlook cannot see the status users? There is no presence known. ...

Microsoft Money Deluxe 2005
My bank isn't listed when I set up an account, but I once got to a screen that was going to allow me to acess my bank through money. I didn't have the time to set up the connection at that time and for the life of me I cannot find it again. Does anyone know how I can get there again? My bank does support online banking and I am able to access my bank account info through thier website just finr, but I would like to import that info into money. Please help Do you have a Passport linked to your Money file? If not, banks that Money accesses via Yodlee aren't listed. -- ...

Exchange 2003 realt time free/busy updates?
I have a few resource mailboxes in Exchange 2003 that the Auto Accept Agent is processing calendar appointments for. I have also set these mailboxes to update free/busy data every minute. Is it possible to udpate the free/busy data sooner or immediately? In Outlook go in to Tools | Options | Calendar Options | Free / Busy and change it to 1 minute. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Dgoldman http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman Download OABInteg from here: http://gotdotnet.com/Community/UserSamples/Download.aspx?SampleGuid=A2338E73-F521-...