2005 Deluxe - lost functionality

Upgraded from 2003.  Seems like I've lost functionality.  Can't find how to
separate catagory entry between category and subcategory (all one entry now).
 Also can't find the MoneySide FollowUP Notes that I used to have on the home
page.  Am I not looking in the right place?  Thanks.
0
Elliot (10)
1/19/2005 7:41:06 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

MoneySide has been gone since M04. You are, IIRC, the second person to post
here having noticed.

As to dual cat lists: see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=161. BTW, you are
supposed to prefer single list.

"Elliot" <Elliot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Upgraded from 2003.  Seems like I've lost functionality.  Can't find how
> separate catagory entry between category and subcategory (all one entry
now).
>  Also can't find the MoneySide FollowUP Notes that I used to have on the
home
> page.  Am I not looking in the right place?  Thanks.

I really found value in having the notes on the home page to keep track of
upcoming financial activities.  I guess I'll just place them in my Outlook
calender, but I liked having financial related followup notes within Money.
(What does IIRC mean?).

I've tried to get used to entering in single categories, but it's been a
struggle.  Much slower.  I'll try the fix you've sent.

Thanks.

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> MoneySide has been gone since M04. You are, IIRC, the second person to post
> here having noticed.
>
> As to dual cat lists: see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=161. BTW, you are
> supposed to prefer single list.
>
> "Elliot" <Elliot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Upgraded from 2003.  Seems like I've lost functionality.  Can't find how
> > separate catagory entry between category and subcategory (all one entry
> now).
> >  Also can't find the MoneySide FollowUP Notes that I used to have on the
> home
> > page.  Am I not looking in the right place?  Thanks.

0
Elliot (10)

Vlookup function imbedded in the table_array value of a vlookup function
Hi, I am creating a go-karting championship management system for my a-level and I am having a few problems. Basically there are 6 races and They are set out as Race1,2,3,4,5,6 and the data for the drivers is entered under that. However, the spreadsheet is organised via the dates of the races which means that the data entered as race 1 could be for race 2,3,4,5. I have already got it to calculate this and it displays the date, the original race number and the race number after organisation from the dates of the races. Now, this is all hidden from the user in a hidden sheet and on the user...

Money 2005 performance
I have installed Money 2005 and am not totally happy. First of all, it is slow. Every action, it takes 100% of CPU. It also seems to be talking to the internet for some reason Second I upgraded from 2003 and it has messed up my data. The Bills to pay list has the same item several times, for the same date. Deleting an item takes 22 seconds. Thirdly, there are actions it just carry out. I go to the bills list and highlight one payment and press edit and Money comes back to the same screen, the list of payments and doesn't let me edit the item I highlighted. Anyone had similar experience...

Scottrade and Money 2005
I'm experiecing problems with Money 2005 downloading my Scottrade transactions. I setup the online services in money using the recommended steps however when Money will just say 'updating' for a loooong time and never actually download any information. I left attempt download for 3 hours yesterday and to no avail with Scottrade. It downloads all other online information fine for my other accounts, just with scottrade there's no activity. I've tried restarting, recreating scottrade account in money, recreating Online services and still no luck. Has anyone else faced a s...

Problem restoring file to Money 2005
I was running an old version of Money. I think it was 99 -My computer crashed recently. My files were backed up. I upgraded to Money 2005 Standard and intended to restore the back up file from 99. However, 2005 keeps telling me it cannot read the mbf file, that the drive may be locked, which it isn't. I have tried moving the file to my hard drive. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas? Or, any idea how I can get the data out of the .mbf file so I can at least have a hard copy of it. Thanks. ...

aggregate function
I have been running a series of queries now for about a year and a half with no problems, that I know of anyways. Today, I found out that a job didn't show up in a report that I run daily and I can not figure out why. I took a look in one query and the job is there, I take a look in the next query that runs off that one and it is gone, so I entered a filter to see if I could just pull that one job out and I got this error message. You tried to execute a query that does not include the specified expression ‘qryJrun_Step_5.[Kitting Job #] Like “27489765-001” as part of an aggr...

Function for Multiple results from a look up in a table
I am working on a table with mutliple datas (about 40 columns and 2000 rows), with text and numbers. I am trying to set up a sort of cross reference. I want to compare 2 parameters of a same row for a specific part with all the other part on the table; and get as a result all the part with the same value in the parameters(columns) (or range of value, +/- 5%) How can I do that ? Thank You ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore! Free Excel Forum http://www.ozgrid.com/forum *** Hi not really sure what you're trying to achiev...

Money 2004 and Money 2004 Deluxe
Is it possible to open Money 2004 Deluxe files with Money 2004 Standard Thanks Mary Supposedly for the same locale. (E.g., no M04 Deluxe US vs. M04 Standard UK.) Anything put in the Deluxe features (Lifetime Planner? I'm not sure which features this covers) will just be hidden/inaccessible. "mart" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0ba801c3a474$049b6400$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to open Money 2004 Deluxe files with Money > 2004 Standard ...

Upgrade Money 2005 Trial to Money 2005 (International Version)
I used in the last months Money 2005 Trial. Now I bought Money 2005 an I wanted to convert the mymoney.mny file to Money 2005, but I didn't succeeded, it was not possible to upgrade this file. Is there any possibility to upgrade the Trial data file ? Open the sample.mny file or create a new file. Let the update download and install. Reboot and try to open the file you created with the trial version again. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org/ Check http://money.mvps.org/faq/ for tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your product wishes see http:...

Why it's impossible to use a format in a function
Hello, I think there is a bug in excel or something which can be improved. When I have a text in a cell, I can make a part of the text in bold. But, if I use a function like concatenate of different text, it's impossible to make a part of the text in bold. example: =concatenate("texta","textb") Do you know how I can put the textb in bold? This thread provides a discussion of this situation with some possible solutions. http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&safe=off&th=d1223bac47780597&rnum=8 HTH Paul --...

Money 2005 and Pocket Money 2005
I have a strange problem, I looked on the FAQs, reinstalled both programs and it still comes back. Both money '05 and pocket money 05 seem to work fine (though i think money '05 is a lot harder to use than money '02). The problem is with the investments portion of pocket money 05. For some reason it doesn't transfer over how many shares i own and then for some reasons says I own -trillionsOfDollars (where trillionsOfDollars is some obscenely huge numbeR). Has anyone heard of this or can help me. Shaun ...

Money 2005 start-up error 12-14-09
I'm having the same problem and can not access my msmoney 2005 standard data, that it encountered an interal error and has to close. Has been working fine until today. I sure wish someone could help me with thise - it is mind numbing! I am having the same problem also. Seams very strange that this is happening to alot of people on the same day. Never had a problem with it before. We need help opening money 2005. hope that I dont lose all that important info. Very disappointed with MS right now. They don't seam to be very helpful. "Ricky D" wrote: >...

Print all records on all pages function not working
Even when choosing to print all records on all pages, it seems to only print out the first page. Any suggestions? ...

Outlook 2010 and Communicator 2005
Does anyone know if there has been a resolution for Presence in outlook 2010 when using Office Communicator 2005? I am using Outlook 2010 and Communicator 2005 and Outlook cannot see the status users? There is no presence known. ...

Microsoft Money Deluxe 2005
My bank isn't listed when I set up an account, but I once got to a screen that was going to allow me to acess my bank through money. I didn't have the time to set up the connection at that time and for the life of me I cannot find it again. Does anyone know how I can get there again? My bank does support online banking and I am able to access my bank account info through thier website just finr, but I would like to import that info into money. Please help Do you have a Passport linked to your Money file? If not, banks that Money accesses via Yodlee aren't listed. -- ...

Happy 2005!
Yes, I got the year right this time! As midnight is only 20 minutes away here and I am heading off to try and get some sleep, I think it appropriate to wish everyone here all the best for 2005. -- Ed Bennett "Congratulations on a jaeerarb well done" >-----Original Message----- >Yes, I got the year right this time! >As midnight is only 20 minutes away here and I am heading off to try and get >some sleep, I think it appropriate to wish everyone here all the best for >2005. > >-- >Ed Bennett >"Congratulations on a jaeerarb well done" >...

Opening Money 2006 in 2005 standard edition
Hi, my computer recently crashed and I lost my Money 2004 and ordered the 2005 version. In the meantime I needed to be able to access my money file so I downloaded the trial version of 2006 as that was the only free trial I could find until I received the 2005 edition. I installed the 2005 edition, the 2006 is still on my computer but I'm not able to open any of my file in 2005. Any suggestions? Thanks, Rushie Dickerson Money files are NOT backward compatible. You upgraded the M04 file to M06. If you put any data in with M06, there's no reasonable path backward. If you didn'...

GP concurrent user and SQL 2005 CAL

Browser Settings Money 2005
Money 2005 Win XP SP2 Dear NG: I changed Tools > Settings > Browser settings: to Always use my default browser to browse the Internet. If I select one of the links that take you to the Internet, for example: Investing > Stocks, I will receive a message stating that I need a Web browser in order to view http://g.msn.com/..." The actual message goes on to explain how to download a web browser from MSN bla bla bla. I'll copy the whole thing if you feel it's necessary. Returning the setting to: Browse the Internet from within Money restores functionality but not through ...

How to disable mail from the world, yet keep inter office mail functional?
I've been asked to shut down mail access for a user who is running some private clubs via our company email. I have to close internet mail, yet leave office mail up. Which protocal is best used for this? I'm running Exch 2000, on an AD Domain. Thanks C.J. In article <484e01c3e448$d3ae4e60$a001280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I've been asked to shut down mail access for a user who > is running some private clubs via our company email. > I have to close internet mail, yet leave office mail up. > Which protocal is best used for this?...

Quicken 2010 deluxe trial version available?
I am willing to take the plunge and migrate from Money Plus Deluxe to = Quicken 2010 (probably Deluxe, too). However, I first want to see that = claim proven, that it can indeed import all data from a money file = without any problem. Is there a trial version available? I searched the Quicken page and = apparently one can only and directly buy the stuff there. Doesn't Intuit = provide time limited trial versions? Michael No, they don't. But they do offer a 100% refund if you don't like the product before, I believe, 60 days. I purchased the software the day it came out, tes...

The term "Callback Function"
Which company/product invented it first? X Window? -- @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY. / v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you! /( _ )\ (Xubuntu 8.04.1) Linux 2.6.26.5 ^ ^ 19:21:01 up 15 days 4:11 3 users load average: 1.08 1.03 1.01 ? ? (CSSA): http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_addressesa/ "Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k)" <toylet.toylet@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ucpeGfjHJHA.3932@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Which company/product invented it first? X Window? I wouldn't like to guess. But it i...

MOM 2005 and SQL Server 2005
Hello, I'm not having much luck searching through the knowledge base or the newsgroup to find definate information. What is the current status of trying to run MOM 2005 using SQL Server 2005 instead of SQL Server 2000? Some posts seem to indicate SP1 should allow it to work, even if it's still technically unsupported. Is that the case? Since I'll get charged for another media set from our vendor to get the new MOM SP1 CD since everything I've seen says slipstreaming isn't possible. I'd like to make sure it'll work before I purchase a second copy of the CD set....

Can I Convert 2007 Home & Business to Money Plus Deluxe?
I never ended up using the extra "Business" features in 07's Home & Business and I'd like to upgrade to the new Money Plus but I'm not sure if it will properly convert my file. Any insight or tips would be appreciated. Thanks! On Sep 15, 8:01 pm, CJ <melodics...@gmail.com> wrote: > I never ended up using the extra "Business" features in 07's Home & > Business and I'd like to upgrade to the new Money Plus but I'm not > sure if it will properly convert my file. Any insight or tips would be > appreciated. > > Thanks! ...

Functionality disabled in junk mail
I believe that disabling functionality in junk mail is extremely worthwhile. Unfortunately, if junk mail is moved to the deleted items folder, functionality is restored. This exposes us to the exact threat you are trying to avoid by disabling the functionality. I suggest that some flag be saved with mail identified as junk, and that flag be checked, and the user be given a warning before enabling functionality. Further, no flag or check is necessary if the user identifies the mail as not junk, or moves that mail to the inbox. Marvin ---------------- This post is a sugg...

Money 2005 Problems
I am a new user of Money since late December - a former Quicken user of 10 years. I am switching back to Quicken because Money 2005 is a piece of junk. Here are my new problems as of last week: 1) Investments: I have two stock investments that have turned all of their divdends from a Debit to a Credit in my Investment Register and Checking Account. 2) Account Balances: The balance on my Account Listing do not match the balance in the register detail. Both my checking and savings account are off by a 'phantom' $750 transaction that is not visable. There is some documentation in the...