2004 trial file won't open

I tried the trial 2004 version of Money and didn't bite.
It saved my file but now won't recognize my password from
2002.  Is MS trying to force those who use the free trial
to buy 2004 by saving to an unknown password?
   Please help me recover my file!
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

When the trial upgraded your data file it warned you that Money files, once
upgraded, were not backward compatible. See
http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=84 for the recovery paths.

In microsoft.public.money, jmkosloski wrote:

>I tried the trial 2004 version of Money and didn't bite.
>It saved my file but now won't recognize my password from
>2002.  Is MS trying to force those who use the free trial
>to buy 2004 by saving to an unknown password?
>   Please help me recover my file!

Money saved a copy of your Money 2002 file as *.m10. Copy that to a
*.mny filename, and File->Open that file with Money 2002
0
via_newsgroup (13113)

How do I 'spindle' or collect multiple documents in a single file
I used to be able to create chapters, so that discrete documents could be combined for global changes and unbundled for separate editing/use. Can this be done? Word has a master document function but it is notoriously unreliable and can result in data loss, so is best avoided. Word can work with very large single documents. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<>...

Recovering Excel File
Foolishly I updated an Excel file by overwriting it. Two hours later I realised I had made some bad errors that could not easily be changed. Ideally I want the file back before I overwrote it. Does anyone know if it is possible to get the original file back Many thanks Allan Hi Allan! Unless you have a backup or earlier version, you are out of luck. Perhaps you might outline what the bade errors are and we may be able to help. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available f...

hyperlink to file
I've created a pdf file to have a good formatting for printing. Put this file in a folder and created a hyperlink to this file from my publisher page. I've created this hyperlink using the 'Edit Hyperlink' window then 'Existing File or Web Page option'. All hyperlinks that I've created using 'Place in this Document' option are working fine in the Preview Web Site mode. But, this hyperlink to open the pdf file is not opening the pdf file. Please, advise how I could fix it. Thanks Check out the following link: http://publishermvps.com/WebDesign/Version...

wrong "default file location" after installing Office-addin
Hi all I need some help for the following problem In Excel the "default file location" is set to an unc path Saving and Opening of files works fine until I install my own Office-addin which is automatically started when Excel is started. If I then try to open a file the folder containing the addin is offered instead of the unc path. However the "default file location" points still to the unc path If the "default file location" in Excel contains a drive letter, all works fine The same Office-addin can also be used in Word and Powerpoint. This also works fine (eve...

User sent a 280Mb file!!
OK, don't laugh at me as I've been put in a precarious position. Our company (who's not real understanding of the importance of IT) has let go of our only senior IT guy. I've only been in the dept. for 3 months now and report to an "IT manager" who's more greener than I am. Anyhow, we had an incident today where one of the users broadcast a message company-wide that had a size of 280Mb. Of course, I'm still dealing with the fallout because the default size limit for user accounts is 200Mb - so naturally almost everyone is locked up since the system is ...

Business 2004
Anyone know where I can find a demo of the business version of 2004 and also anyone know when the UK versions might be out? Microsoft has never released a business trial. The only Money 2004 trial is the one already out there. DAE "Sam" <bob@bob.com> wrote in message news:3f23b763$0$46015$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net... > Anyone know where I can find a demo of the business version of 2004 and also > anyone know when the UK versions might be out? > > ...

Opened program minimizes itself to taskbar in Windows 7 64-bit
Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium Edition Problem: A program written for Windows XP when started immediately minimizes itself to the taskbar and I can't get it off the taskbar. I have used different compatability modes without success. If I choose to open in a maximized window, it opens fully for a fraction of a second and then immediately mimimizes itself to the taskbar. The only workaround solution found is to right click the shortcut icon, choose Troubleshoot Compatability, have the system search for a solution, and choosing the defaults and starting ...

Large Flat File through Biztalk to eConnect
I'm getting an error when I try to process a large amount of invoices in a flat file through Biztalk into eConnect. eConnect is kicking out the following error: Microsoft.GreatPlains.eConnect Version=8.0.2.1 ..Net SqlClient Data Provider Distributed transaction completed. Either enlist this session in a new transaction or the NULL transaction. at Microsoft.GreatPlains.eConnect.eConnectMethods.ExecStoredProcedures(String xml) at Microsoft.GreatPlains.eConnect.eConnectMethods.eConnect_EntryPoint(String ConnectionString, ConnectionStringType ConnectionType, String sXML, Schem...

The dreaded "Publisher cannot open files from a different version" #2
I have two .PUB files that won't open in Publisher 2000 SP-3 for Windows 2K. Using Notepad, I searched the files' raw coding and found that they were created in "Publisher 3.0". Is that 95 or 97? Anyway, nothing I do can make Publisher 2K open these files. The other threads suggest turning off Norton AntiVirus. My machine has the Symantec corporate version and I don't have Admin rights to turn it off. Any suggestions would be great. ...

Opening old files
I am unable to open some old excel spreadsheets. They are now show a a QPW file type. What is this and what can I do about it. Thanks You can't convert them unless there is a conversion program around (commercial probably, the only other way I can think of would be to use Quattro Pro to open them (that's where they came from) and then save in a format that Excel can open (xls maybe) -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "roger@biorecycle.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:118...

Convert from Quicken 2004 Premier
I've been a Quicken user for over 10 years and Quicken 2004 Premier is driving me batty with all of its bugs and assorted problems. I'd like to switch to Money 2004 Deluxe and was wondering if the Money conversion process would work on my Q2004 Premier data file? If not, is there any other way to transfer my 10 years of financial data? M04 will import Q03 and earlier data file. M05 (if and when) will likely import Q04 and earlier. M04 can also import QIF data--Q04 may be able to export this. This route will be involved and will not be lossless. "jluther3" <anonymo...

problem accessing file
recently i made updates to my microsoft money file. After updating the file, i exited money, without backing up the file (bad idea). Once I exited, i changed the filename in windows explorer (using rename command). When i attempted to open the file again, money gave the following message: "Money will update your file with the latest improvements." In other words, it treated like a file from an old/different version of money. Then it said "Money cannot locate 'My Documents\my money 040809.mny' or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you d...

Money 2004 #27
I have been trying to set up online banking with Chase.com. Money only lists JP Morgan Chase, which is fine but when I go to put in my password Money only recognizes / expects a 4 digit password when in actuality Chase requires 6 - 10 digits. Is there a patch or work around for this. Thanks, James You need to contact Chase and ask them to set you up for Money. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "James" <anonymous@discussions.micros...

Freeze Excel Spreadsheet till template open first then spreadsheet
Hi, When I export the data from Access 2002 to excel spreadsheet after select excel templates. I couldn't open the spreadsheet until i open the template and then closed the template. I open the spreadsheet where i get the data from Access 2002. It works. Here is the area that I have trouble with. 'Hide warnings on the spreadsheet ExcellApplication.DisplayAlerts = False 'Save the workbook ExcellApplication.ActiveWorkbook.Save 'Turn spreadsheet warnings back on ExcellApplication.DisplayAlerts = True 'Make it visible ExcellApplication.V...

Difference between 2004 Premium and 2004 Smal Biz editions?
What is the difference between Money 2004 Premium and 2004 Small Business? I know the comparison chart at Microsoft says they contain the same features but are they exactly the same only the Small Business edition contain a few extra "business" goodies or are they completely different beasts? Thanks. Hello, They are exactly the same with the SBE contain just a few busines features (goodies I'm not sure is the right word) such as A/R and Mileage Tracking. Take care, DAE >-----Original Message----- >What is the difference between Money 2004 Premium and 2004 Small ...

Excel file modification date
In Excel 2002 SP3 on Win XP, the workbook's file modification date changes to the current date and time as soon as the Excel workbook is opened, even if there are no changes applied to the file. If you close the workbook without changing any of its contents, the file modification date reverts back to the original value. Is there any way for the file modification date to remain unchanged until afte the Excel workbook has been modified? Does this behavior occur in newer versions of Excel? It has been that way for as long as I can remember and I don't think it's changed in XL20...

How to compress excel file??
I have an excel file which I haev been maintaining data. It has grown to 10MB and become very slow. I removed all old data (about 75%) no longer needed but the file still remains at 10MB. How can I reduce the file size???? Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "CD" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:14b001c49110$715ed0c0$3a01280a@phx.gbl... > I have an excel file which I haev been maintaining data. > It has grown to 10MB and become very slow. I removed all > old data (a...

Opening an Outlook .pst file
After a power outage I could not open my outlook contacts, calendar or e-mails or addressbook. I have run a scan and a repair (twice)on the "Outlook.pst" file and each I go to File>Open>Outlook Data File>Outlook.pst (which is 222Mb in size) still no luck all I get in e-mails is "There are no items in this view". The only thing that opens all is my old archived deleted items which while interesting are not what I am looking for! There are no other messages.I have not found an event log.Where do I do that? What can I do next? Is there another way to open the ...

Upgrading from 2004 to 2006
I am going to upgrade from Microsoft Money 2004 Deluxe to Microsoft Money 2006 Premium. I have a couple of questions: 1.. Should I uninstall Money 2004 first, before installing Money 2006? Or will installing Money 2006 automatically uninstall Money 2004? 2.. Of course I want to transfer all of my data from Money 2004 to Money 2006. How do I handle that? Rod Answers/comments inline below. "Rod" <Rod@NO.SPAM> wrote in message news:%23CXhNa78FHA.3076@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > > I am going to upgrade from Microsoft Money 2004 Deluxe to Microsoft Money >...

MS Money STandard keeps reverting back to trial edition
I have MS Money Standard. However, I accessed the files from my laptop with a Trial version of Ms Money. Now, no matter what I do, when I access those files my MS Money tells me it is a trial version when itisn't. So I reinstalled my paid for version on my computer; bought another paid for version for the laptop, have opened and resaved my money files, and then every time I reopen the file it thinks I have a trial version again!!! Help! ...

Money 2004 Canadian Edition #2
Hi all, I just bought a Money 2004 Canadian Edition at Futureshop. After I installed it and tried to open it, it crashed!! It kept crashing no matter how many times I reboot my machine and reinstall this product!!!!!!!! I have double clicked on the sample file and it opens without any problems!! But when I tried to create a new file, it just crash when it is trying to load the new file!!! I am using WinXP. ZoneAlarm and Grisoft anti- virus are installed in my machine. Another question is that I have downloaded the trial version (on another machine) and been using it for a month. I ...

Have a file in OUTBOX that will not send out and can't DELETE.
Sent a jpg file it won't leave my OUTBOX nor can I delete it. Kay wrote: > Sent a jpg file it won't leave my OUTBOX nor can I delete it. Delete an item stuck in the Outbox folder: - Load Outlook. - Put Outlook in offline mode (File -> Work Offline: enable). - Exit Outlook. - Load Outlook in its safe mode ("outlook.exe /safe"). - Delete the stuck item in the Outbox folder. If you don't want the item to move into the Deleted Items folder, use Shift+Del to permanently delete the item. - Put Outlook in online mode (File -> Work Offline: disab...

Can Microsoft Money 2004 update HK Stock Price
Hi all, I know that Money 2001 and 2002 cannot upgrade HK stock price from the online service. Can Money 2004 now upgate HK stock price now through the online service? Thank you. Pong >-----Original Message----- >Hi all, > >I know that Money 2001 and 2002 cannot upgrade HK stock price from the >online service. > >Can Money 2004 now upgate HK stock price now through the online >service? > >Thank you. > >Pong >. > What company is the HK symbol for? I don't get a quote on finance.yahoo.com for HK when I enter the symbol. >-----Original Mes...

OWA and the PDF files
Hello, i can't open pdf files in attach from OWA. The system ask me to save the file to open it. Some users have this problem other not. Have you any ideas? thanks a lot Andrea By default freedocs (PDF files, etc.) are completely blocked in OWA. If you have ever dragged and dropped a document or a file directly into an Exchange folder (as opposed to attaching it to a message or post), you have used freedocs. Freedocs is the term given to stand-alone data in the information store. Because the dropped file is not an attachment of a message, it is considered a "free document"...

Missing files