2004 Problem

Just installed 2004.  Now it won't read my 2003 data file.  It insists on
going through a setup routine for "My MoneyX."  If I try to File/Open my old
file, it kicks me right back into the setup routine and creates another "My
MoneyX+1."  Any ideas?

0
Spence
7/20/2003 3:03:32 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

That worked.  Thanks.

> In microsoft.public.money, "Spence" <Not released> wrote:
>
> >Just installed 2004.  Now it won't read my 2003 data file.  It insists on
> >going through a setup routine for "My MoneyX."  If I try to File/Open my
old
> >file, it kicks me right back into the setup routine and creates another
"My
> >MoneyX+1."  Any ideas?
>
> While I don't see why it would be more successful than File->Open, I
> would close Money and double-click the .mny file in Windows
> Explorer. It seems worth a try.

0
Spence
7/20/2003 5:51:34 PM
Amazing!  Apparently, "File > Open" isn't the same as a double-click.  Ahhh,
the mysteries of Windows :P

"Spence" <Not released> wrote in message
> That worked.  Thanks.
>
> "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message
> > In microsoft.public.money, "Spence" <Not released> wrote:
> >
> > >Just installed 2004.  Now it won't read my 2003 data file.  It insists
on
> > >going through a setup routine for "My MoneyX."  If I try to File/Open
my
> old
> > >file, it kicks me right back into the setup routine and creates another
> "My
> > >MoneyX+1."  Any ideas?
> >
> > While I don't see why it would be more successful than File->Open, I
> > would close Money and double-click the .mny file in Windows
> > Explorer. It seems worth a try.

0
IonControl (95)

Excel problem with dynamic matrix with a name
I do have a strange problem with Excel. For a long time I used the "dynamic matrix" but now, Excel shuts down with an error. I tried it on 4 computers, all with Excel 2003. I use this method for searching and dropdownmenus. It works as following: (sorry, I don't know exact the English formulas): - Put some data in the range B6:B12 (f.a. Apple Chair Glass Book Television Key Kitchen) - In cell C4 type: Sheet1!B4 - In cell C5 type: =text.together("Sheet1!B";numberarg(B:B)) -> result will be in this situation: Sheet1!B12 - Make a name Test "=indirect(Sheet1!...

Business 2004
Anyone know where I can find a demo of the business version of 2004 and also anyone know when the UK versions might be out? Microsoft has never released a business trial. The only Money 2004 trial is the one already out there. DAE "Sam" <bob@bob.com> wrote in message news:3f23b763$0$46015$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net... > Anyone know where I can find a demo of the business version of 2004 and also > anyone know when the UK versions might be out? > > ...

problem accessing file
recently i made updates to my microsoft money file. After updating the file, i exited money, without backing up the file (bad idea). Once I exited, i changed the filename in windows explorer (using rename command). When i attempted to open the file again, money gave the following message: "Money will update your file with the latest improvements." In other words, it treated like a file from an old/different version of money. Then it said "Money cannot locate 'My Documents\my money 040809.mny' or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you d...

Problems moving SQL to Code using Mark Plumpton method
Hi Am using Mark Plumptons method to speed up form loading. This is the first time I have done this so being extra careful. Problem is I have a combo box which has a WHERE selection which Marks example does not provide an example code. The code I have below creates a Syntax error, could someone please advise what the problem is. Me.model.RowSource = _ "SELECT type " & _ "FROM tblcartype " & _ "WHERE tblcartype.carmake=Me.model" & _ "ORDER BY type;" If I take out the '&_' at the end of the WHERE clause the...

Problems resizing CListCtrl
Hi all, I have a CListCtrl where the last column will be resized if vertical scrollbar is shown (to do not show the horizontal scrollbar). Followingt Code: void CMyListCtrl::OnSize(UINT nType, int cx, int cy) { CHeaderCtrl* pHeader = (CHeaderCtrl*) GetDlgItem(0); int columnCount = pHeader->GetItemCount(); SetColumnWidth(columnCount-1, LVSCW_AUTOSIZE_USEHEADER); CListCtrl::OnSize(nType, cx, cy); } Works perfect, but the horizontal scrollbar is still shown after resizing (the column was resized already). Now a click on the scrollbar is needed an the scrollbar is gone. What can I ...

Convert from Quicken 2004 Premier
I've been a Quicken user for over 10 years and Quicken 2004 Premier is driving me batty with all of its bugs and assorted problems. I'd like to switch to Money 2004 Deluxe and was wondering if the Money conversion process would work on my Q2004 Premier data file? If not, is there any other way to transfer my 10 years of financial data? M04 will import Q03 and earlier data file. M05 (if and when) will likely import Q04 and earlier. M04 can also import QIF data--Q04 may be able to export this. This route will be involved and will not be lossless. "jluther3" <anonymo...

Mouse problem
When I click "start", "all programs", and scroll to a program, my mouse will not "right click so I can "pin" a program to the task bar. The mouse will work to go to "properties in the start menu and also works anywhere else on the taskbar and desktop. I have down loaded the latest software for the mouse and have checked to make sure the settings are correct in control panel. Any ideas" Hi, Try this: -Run Regedit -Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ lnkfile -Create a new String Value with the name IsShortcut -Reboot the computer Carlos...

Outlook problem #33
I for some reason have two personal folder files and two archive files? Reason? do I need two and how do I get rid of them? Thanks PaulaDawn <blah@blah.net> wrote: > I for some reason have two personal folder files and two archive > files? Reason? do I need two and how do I get rid of them? > Thanks You could have a corrupt mail profile. Check the properties of the matching folders files to see if they are distinct or not. I ao, then you can continue to use whichever of the PSTs you wish. If not, then create a new mail profile. -- Brian Tillman ...

Difference between 2004 Premium and 2004 Smal Biz editions?
What is the difference between Money 2004 Premium and 2004 Small Business? I know the comparison chart at Microsoft says they contain the same features but are they exactly the same only the Small Business edition contain a few extra "business" goodies or are they completely different beasts? Thanks. Hello, They are exactly the same with the SBE contain just a few busines features (goodies I'm not sure is the right word) such as A/R and Mileage Tracking. Take care, DAE >-----Original Message----- >What is the difference between Money 2004 Premium and 2004 Small ...

mail problems
I have a problem, Houston... goahead What problem do u have "Antonio Luis" wrote: > I have a problem, Houston... goahead > . > ...

Exchange 5.5 email problem
I have an Active Directory network with an Exchange 5.5 server running on a Windows NT box. I am hosting 3 email domains on that box. For example lets call them mydomain1.com, mydomain2.com and mydomain3.com. All external emails come in and work just fine except for the mydomain3.com emails. My internal Active Dirctory domain is mydomain3.com. Currently my Exchange server on the NT box is pointing at the internal DNS server that forwards requests to the outside. I was thinking my problem is that and that I might need to have the NT box with Exchange on it use our ISP DNS servers instead. ...

Money 2004 #27
I have been trying to set up online banking with Chase.com. Money only lists JP Morgan Chase, which is fine but when I go to put in my password Money only recognizes / expects a 4 digit password when in actuality Chase requires 6 - 10 digits. Is there a patch or work around for this. Thanks, James You need to contact Chase and ask them to set you up for Money. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "James" <anonymous@discussions.micros...

Impossible Matching Transaction Problem
In the last two months Money has stopped being able to match my epay transactions with my bank data. Okay fine, but this month it won't even let me manually match them. The bank entry that i want to match it to is the same amout, same payee name, one day apart (i'm setup to match for 60 days) and it is in the status of unreconciled (they both are). When I go to change the bank entry i don't get a list of any transactions in my register, just upcoming bills. Thanks i forgot to mention that i'm using the 2006 trial version...and that is probably when this problem started. sb...

Outlook 2002
When trying to reply, start a new message, or forward, the new message window does not appear. It is listed in the taskbar at the bottom of the screen, but will not maximize. Any ideas? I've been applying windows and office updates all morning with no luck. TIA kb ...

Upgrading from 2004 to 2006
I am going to upgrade from Microsoft Money 2004 Deluxe to Microsoft Money 2006 Premium. I have a couple of questions: 1.. Should I uninstall Money 2004 first, before installing Money 2006? Or will installing Money 2006 automatically uninstall Money 2004? 2.. Of course I want to transfer all of my data from Money 2004 to Money 2006. How do I handle that? Rod Answers/comments inline below. "Rod" <Rod@NO.SPAM> wrote in message news:%23CXhNa78FHA.3076@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > > I am going to upgrade from Microsoft Money 2004 Deluxe to Microsoft Money >...

Money 2004 Canadian Edition #2
Hi all, I just bought a Money 2004 Canadian Edition at Futureshop. After I installed it and tried to open it, it crashed!! It kept crashing no matter how many times I reboot my machine and reinstall this product!!!!!!!! I have double clicked on the sample file and it opens without any problems!! But when I tried to create a new file, it just crash when it is trying to load the new file!!! I am using WinXP. ZoneAlarm and Grisoft anti- virus are installed in my machine. Another question is that I have downloaded the trial version (on another machine) and been using it for a month. I ...

Publishing to the Web Problem
I have created a web site approx 400 pages using Publisher 2003. It will not load during its creation I was saving to a cd so that I could work on it on the lap top. Saved it back on to main pc to load on to the web and it will not load. If I try to load it as ftp it comes up as cannot save read only file followed by another error message check url and connection. If I try to load it as http it comes up it comes up as check url and connection. Frontpage extensions are on and I have 500mb of space. I have managed to load smaller sites as soon as I cut and paste any of the original s...

Can Microsoft Money 2004 update HK Stock Price
Hi all, I know that Money 2001 and 2002 cannot upgrade HK stock price from the online service. Can Money 2004 now upgate HK stock price now through the online service? Thank you. Pong >-----Original Message----- >Hi all, > >I know that Money 2001 and 2002 cannot upgrade HK stock price from the >online service. > >Can Money 2004 now upgate HK stock price now through the online >service? > >Thank you. > >Pong >. > What company is the HK symbol for? I don't get a quote on finance.yahoo.com for HK when I enter the symbol. >-----Original Mes...

Font Problems #2
When I cut and paste a table from Excel into Publisher, the characters many times do not have the proper spacing. Sometimes to far apart. Sometimes too close together, especially with the number one. I've tried a variety of fonts, including courier. Nothing helps. Anybody experiencing this? What versions of software are involved here including operating system. -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" ...

Problem with scroll bars on Database window?
If I open say a form from the database window, amend it and then save it when I try to scroll the database window the vertical scroll bar doesn't move I have to click on say Reports then go back to Forms and then it moves. The same thing happens in any of the objects in the Database window, if I open close a report the same thing happens. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Tony I've noticed it with several different versions of both Access and Excel. In my case, I just move the window slightly using the mouse and the database becomes responsive again. I think this is m...

Outlook starting problem
"Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. A dialog box is open. Close it and try again." ...

NDR/DSN and LDAP distribution lists problem
Hi all, I have a small problem with NDRs here. I will give a quick example of my problem. Currently when sending to a DL here the DL is a contact in the exchange GAL, once sent this queries a LDAP server and returns the list of addresses to send to, and off it gos. Here is an example of a delivery reciept: ------------------------------------------------- Your message To: distrib.one (Distribution List) Subject: Test Message - Please Ignore Sent: 3/3/2005 10:44 AM was delivered to the following recipient(s): distrib.one (Distribution List) on 3/3/2005 10:44 AM ...

Why is Office 2004 So Slow?
Why is Office 2004 so much slower that previous versions? Is is something in the set up or is this a problem inherent to the release? Geoff Hi Geoff, Most things are about the same or faster. One or two things out of the tens of thousands of possibilities are slightly slower. Was there something in particular you had noticed? -- Jim Gordon Mac MVP MVPs are not Microsoft Employees MVP info http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Quoting from "G&B Bonnin" <gandb.bonnin@verizon.net>, in article BCFB09DF.4060%gandb.bonnin@verizon.net, on [DATE: > Why is Office 2004 so...

Money 2004 & VAT
Does Money 2004 Standard automatically calculates VAT or sales Tax? Is mny. file size related to Money version (standard, premium, small business?) Best Regards John I think you'd need to enable VAT tracking (at least that is what I did in M2000 standard) <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1b51801c45012$0b13b1d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does Money 2004 Standard automatically calculates VAT or > sales Tax? > Is mny. file size related to Money version (standard, > premium, small business?) > > Best Regards > John If the standard versi...

recurring date problem from import
I've imported a database that has names, address, birthdates and anniversary dates and added it to my current database. All of the imported fields were mapped properly and show up in the proper field. My problem is that even though the birthdate and anniversary fields are populated, they do not show up on my calendars for recurring dates. If I go to that field and manually retype the existing info and save it, it then works fine. I would have hundreds of contacts to do this to. Is anybody aware of a script or setting I could use to fix this? ...