2003 not listing expenses

2003 lists bill, etc in the separate categories, but show
0$ when I look at total expenses.  I have listed my
payments as bills.  How do I get them to appear under
expenses?
0
anonymous (74725)
2/17/2004 4:08:49 PM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

How about you giving us some clue where in the application you are seeing
all this? Your language is incredibly imprecise and non-specific and this
makes it very difficult to help you.

"lists bills, etc., in the separate categories" This is some report?
Register view? Bills and Deposits? Budget Planner???

"listed my payments as bills" This is in Bills and Deposits? Register
transaction entries? What do you mean "payments as bills"? Scheduled them in
Bills & Deposits? Used the category "Bills" instead of some more specific
expense category?

"appear under expenses" In some report? In details for some category? In
Budget Planner?

"None" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> 2003 lists bill, etc in the separate categories, but show
> 0$ when I look at total expenses.  I have listed my
> payments as bills.  How do I get them to appear under
> expenses?

OK, thanks.  I just started using the application, so
forgive me for being so incredibly imprecise.  If I can't
figure it out, I'll post again when I have more
information.  Have a nice day.

0
anonymous (74725)
2/17/2004 5:23:00 PM
In microsoft.public.money, None wrote:

>2003 lists bill, etc in the separate categories, but show
>0$ when I look at total expenses.  I have listed my
>payments as bills.  How do I get them to appear under
>expenses?

The surprising answer is that paying a bill is not an expense. It is
a cash flow.

When you buy the item, it is an expense. When you pay the bill, it
is money movement.
0
via_newsgroup (13115)
2/17/2004 5:34:38 PM
I'm not trying to discourage you from asking for help. But when you take
your car in and say "it's making some noise" they need to have something
more to go on. So do we. All you have to do is describe where in the
application you are seeing whatever it is you are seeing, what you are
seeing, and what you expect to be seeing instead. We're willing to help, but
were not psychics. Psychotics, maybe.

> OK, thanks.  I just started using the application, so
> forgive me for being so incredibly imprecise.  If I can't
> figure it out, I'll post again when I have more
> information.  Have a nice day.

OK, I'm using Money 2003 OEM.  The "About Money" screen
lists it as Version 11.0.

I want to display a spending thermometer on "My Money
Home Page" that shows total monthly spending on the
expenses listed under the "Expenses" category shown in
the Advisor FYI Options.

When I click on the "Customize" link under "Advisor FYI"
on the "My Money Home page", the "Advisor FYI Options"
screen pops up, and I select the "Monthly Spending" tab.

On this screen, I have set up expense thermometers for
several categories (Automobile, etc.), and those
thermometers appear on the Home page, and accurately
indicate the spending level for those expenses.

But when I enter a thermometer for the "Expenses"
category as a whole, it displays the thermometer on the
Home page, but it always indicates $0 expenses.  If the
other expense thermometers show spending, then shouldn't
the "Expenses" thermometer show something other than $0?
I have downloaded my bank statements, I have categorized
numerous expenses--groceries, insurance, gasoline, etc.
over several months, including Feb., but it still
indicates $0.

There IS a bar chart on the Home page that shows Income
and Expenses, so it appears that Money is recognizing
some entries as expenses.  When I click on the Expense
bar of the chart, the "View Transactions: Expense" box is
displayed and it has numerous entries.  When I click on
the Expense Thermometer, the "Transaction List for All
Expenses" box is displayed, but it lists no entries.  How
do I get the thermometer to show total spending on all
expenses?   Hope this is detailed enough.  I have tried
to find a solution from several sources (help, user
guide, tutorial video) with no luck.

Thanks

0
lx582004 (1)

Missing Attachment when member of Dist List
I have two users that receive numerous emails from the same person, both of which are on the same distribution list. The user's names are towards the end of the list and are next to each other alphabetically. Both receive the email message, but User1 does not receive attachments when sent to the dist list, while User2 does receive the attachments. User1 will reply to the message and request the attachment be sent again, which will then come through. Two things, User1 does receive attachments when sent to multiple recipients, just not large dist lists (specific list contains ar...

Restore Outlook 2003
I had a problem with my HD which required reformatting the drive. Fortunately, I did have my outlook.pst file backed-up. I have now reinstalled Windows XP Pro and MS Office 2003. When I entered Outlook, I did not see my email messages or contacts. So, I copied my backed-up copy of outlook.pst to the outlook directory (beneath the My Documents directory) and clicked File/Open/Outlook Data File. Then they appeared in separate places on my screen. I have several questions at this point. 1. Have I proceeded correctly so far in trying to get back to my original state before the HD problem? 2....

Install OWA 2003
HI How to install OWA2003 in one another server, separate of the server of the EXC2003? Examplo, in server WEB. Tks You can't. OWA is now integrated into Exchange and cannot be separated like you could with Exchange 5.5 installing only OWA. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Alysson" <alyssondk@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message news:%23yzn1wyrFHA.2348@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > > > HI > > How to install OWA2003 in one another server, separate of the server of > the > EXC2003? > Examplo, in server WEB. > > > Tks > &g...

2000 Server Connection to 2003 over VPN
Here is my issue: My company has a remote office in Montana. We have 2 Cisco 501 Pix connecting the sites via VPN. The 2003 Servers from WA can see the Montana office with no problem as can all the Workstations. The 2 windows 2000 SP4 Servers however can not see the 2003 server in Montana or vice versa. When pinging the servers from either side it does reolve to the correct IP however the ping drops. Every other IP connects fine. Something in the 2000 servers are blocking the connection over the VPN any ideas would be great... Thanks Jeremy SOme things to check: DNS zones on both ends, st...

Junk mail sender list
I have a strange problem with my sender list. All the emails from one of my co-worker always go to junk mail folder and I've checked the junk mail sender list and adult list, his email address is not found. What could this be? Thanks Sarah If you're using Outlook 2002 or earlier, try checking the Filters.txt file -- it's a readme file that tells you what Outlook looks for in a message to determine whether or not it's junk. You can't change the file's contents, but it may give you a clue. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address wi...

Exchange 2003 getting clogged?
Hello all, A client of mine wrote me the following IM's earlier regarding his boss's email account. It appears that there hasn't been any change in configurations on the server and that it was just noticed today/very recently. While I'm not an Exchange2003 expert, I have used it a little and never ran across any clients that have used it before until now. Does anyone have any suggestions at what route to take when reading this? I admit this discussion with me and the client seems to be broad, but I was trying to gather as much info as possible to troubleshoot: Clie...

drop down list for IF equation
Morning all. I have an IF equation, and want to know if I can place a dropdown menu/list in the equation, to call to a name within the list. This equation is located in a single cell, and will be dragged down to subsequent cells-- once the correct name is selected. I only want the dropdown in the first cell. E.g. =IF(A4="DecreedOwner'sName","B","C") for the "DecreedOwner'sName", I'd like to have a list of names to choose from. E.g. John Doe Sam Davies Jake Joely Betty Davis etc.... I was thinking some kind of macr...

Outlook 2003-Does Not Terminate
I was noticing that my computer would take an inordinately long time (like 10 minutes) to complete its shutdown from time to time. I've finally isolated the problem-- it only occurs when OUTLOOK.EXE is still shown as a running process in the Task Manager. (Note that the APPLICATION is not running, just the process, showing 16,788 KB.) I've tried using the END PROCESS command, but to no avail. (I get the warning message, and click YES, but nothing happens.) How can I find out what's causing this, and how do I stop it from happening? There doesn't seem to be any rhyme...

How to rebuild public folders in Exchange 2003
I have run into a problem with a migration from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003. The public folders appear to be messed up. This stems back to a migration from 5.5 to 2000. At this point the public folders are empty. I would like to rebuild them, but am looking for the best approach to do this. I have seen article 822444, but it also references rebuilding the public folders. Any Advice? Thanks ...

Sort Inbox items by Unread in Outlook 2003 doesn't work
I customized my inbox view to sort items by unread. Unfortunately, the messages are not sorted have read and unread messages intermixed in my inbox (sorted by date). I wanted unread messages first then read messages afterwards. The primary sort would be unread ascending (descending didn't work either) and secondary sort would be by date. The group by is none since unread was not an option and automatically group according to this arrangement is turned off (tried with it on & didn't work either). The inbox shows that it is arranged by custom. Any suggestions on how to fix this...

new excel 2003
I work in a small office and wonder if we should buy the new Excel 2003 to upgrade from Excel 2000 that we are currently using. I cannot find anywhere that tells me what the upgrades are. I also want to find some support I can get to explain the differences. thnx Hg, It's probably not worth the price of the upgrade. There's really not much more that you can do with 2003 that you can't do in 2000. One of the Excel gurus who has written some excellent books on Excel (including 2003) has a review on his web site. Take a look here: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/xl2003.htm John ...

How to change where Outlook 2003 saves attachments
I have followed Microsoft's instructions on how to change where Outlook 2003 saves attachments. Those are found in Knowledge Base Article #823131 and involve changing the Registry. (There really should be an easier way.) Anyway, despite having followed those instructions explicitly, Outlook continues to save emailed attachments in a folder buried deep in the C: drive that doesn't even show itself when I navigate to it (and even when I set folder options to show hidden folders). Just to try everything, I did a completely clean reinstall of Outlook and then followed the Registry edit ...

Upgrade from SBS 2003 to Standard 2003
Hi Can anyone help me please? I have an sbs 2003 server and we want to change everything to the new sever we bought which is running standard 2003 r2. We only use our server as a file and print. So all we need to to be bale to transfer the users etc and have them logon with no issues ie changing profiles etc. Can this be done? Thanx PS, really dont want to get involved with transition packs etc. -- jonoharper ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jonoharper's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/171848.htm View this...

Convert to Outlook 2003
We are receiving new pc's which have Windows XP and Office 2003. Users vary on operating systems and Office Versions. What are the correct step to bring over there pst files? Or maybe we shouldn't. But I need to know what the steps are to install there Old Messages/Folders/Contacts/Tasks/Calendar Items etc. from old pc(various Outlook versions 2000 prior) to new pc which now have Outlook 2003. I have tried a couple of ways but I keep getting a duplicate personal folder which is also active. (Example if they get a new mail message it goes to both inboxes in both personal fol...

after Not in List Event
Hello: I have a "Not in List Event" in a form, Form A, that adds data to my "look-up" table. After this data is added, I want to open another form, Form B, but only if a "Not in List Event" occurs. In other words, "How do I open a form in, perhaps, an 'After update event' with the condition that a "Not in list event" has previously occured? I ask because I want to use the new value in "Form A" as a reference to "Form B". I appreciate any help! -Gabriel M. After you add the new value to the lookup table in For...

outlook 2003 new mail sound
why doesn't 2003 play a sound when new mail arrives? yes i have set it up in windows sounds and it still doesn't do it You mention that you have it set up in Windows....do you have it enabled in Outlook? Click Tools, Options, Preferences, Email Options, Advanced Email Options, and ensure it is checked under new mail options. >-----Original Message----- >why doesn't 2003 play a sound when new mail arrives? >yes i have set it up in windows sounds and it still doesn't do it > > >. > anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > You mention that yo...

Exchange 2003 Standard
Hi all, Our Exchange 2003 Standard Edition server's Public Store has exceeded the 16GB limit and shut down. I'm familiar with the temporary extension to 17GB one can do for the Mailbox Store but haven't found a KB article regarding temporarily expanding the Public Folder store. Is this possible and if so how? Temporary solution found - the same registry entry mentioned in KB828070 except located in the public folder key does the 1GB increase. "MS Newsgroups" <msnews@mailinator.com> wrote in message news:erikqn9qEHA.2604@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > ...

I have a user who's unable to paste an Excel 2003 chart into Outlook 2003 email message. In Outlook options, the checkbox is selected for "Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages". When I tested this on my own computer running the same version of Office, if the box is check, I have no problem pasting; if this box is cleared, I cannot paste. But on his computer, it doesn't work regardless. Thanks and regards, TL ...

Contacts in Outlook 2003 (and other Office 2003 atrocities)
Every time Microsoft does a new improved version of Office it ruins what few features it had before that worked. Going to Office 2003 (from 2000)makes a real mess of almost all of Office (it ruined what formatting I had in WORD -- the numbering goes to some default that MS thinks I *should* want). It also makes it impossible for me to find people (not CONTACTS, these are FRIENDS) I had in my address book in Outlook. For example I used to be able to type in my friends' nicknames, but that doesn't work in 2003 (the nickname is there alright, but you can't retrieve them by typing t...

Error when sending pub 2003 document as an email
we have a document that we have been sending as an email in publisher 2003 for some time, by using the SEND AS EMAIL> SEND THIS PAGE AS A MESSAGE. This has worked fine for some time, but now something has happened to the document that when you click the send button in outlook you get a message that publisher has encountered an error and needs to close. Outlook then freezes and has to be cntrl-alt-del to kill it off. this happens with the same document on multiple computers, whereas the same computers can complete the task using a newly created document. Anyone seen this before? detai...

Outlook 2003 #240
Just installed Outlook 2003, running Outlook 2000 prior. Here is my problem; 1) I launch Outlook 2) Microsoft LDAP window comes up; Server name NULL, PORT 3268, USER NAME NULL 3) Close this window. Then I can press send/receive button, however, it cannot check for new email. In addition, if I create a new email from within Outlook, there is no "send-emal" button. HELP! Thanks. Steve <nospam@abc.net> wrote: > 1) I launch Outlook > 2) Microsoft LDAP window comes up; Server name NULL, PORT 3268, USER > NAME NULL > 3) Close this window. Tools>E-mail Accoun...

VBA To Deliver Object List?
Can I write a single VBA loop to enumerate all objects within an Excel .XLS? Or do I have to know the object types/container names and enumerate the contents of each? -- PeteCresswell see: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&query=list+objects&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.excel.programming&p=1&tid=cb2f7677-be8c-40b0-bfa9-2305acd4d167 -- Gary's Student "(PeteCresswell)" wrote: > Can I write a single VBA loop to enumerate all objects within an Excel .XLS? > > Or do I have to know...

Pub 2003 Question ( Problem )
I have documents I created a couple of years ago in Pub 2003 that contain a lot of pictures. When I open them up today, many of the pictures do not show on screen? No error messages ? What can I do ? Wayne wrote: > I have documents I created a couple of years ago in Pub 2003 that > contain a lot of pictures. When I open them up today, many of the > pictures do not show on screen? > > No error messages ? > > What can I do ? =========================== Have a look at the following site: (Read the third FAQ) Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/ lines when editing ...

Listing contacts alphabetically?
Up until now I've only used Outlook (2002) intermittently, and only for occasional task and appointment reminders. But now I want to use it to get my Contacts organised, so that I can sync them with my mobile phone. But I'm stumped at what I expect will prove to be an embarrassingly simple obstacle! My contacts seem to be displayed only under CATEGORIES (assigned by me years ago). How do I get a straight listing in alphabetic sequence please? -- Terry, East Grinstead, UK Terry Pinnell <terrypinDELETE@THESEdial.pipex.com> wrote: >Up until now I've only used Outlook (200...

Exchange 2003 sending 3 copies of email
strange one, exchange 2003 sp1 - windows 2000 box. This happens with just one user and not all the time. She will send out one email and the receiver will get 3 copies. (internal and external receivers) checking the logs, exchange reports that the sender did send out three emails (different msg ID's). time stamps are the same pop access is turned on for this user so she can get email via her treo, but the msg are not sent out using this. thanks Lee It is for sure user related. Try out the following things configure hermailbox on another computer and see or Use OWA to send emai...