.Net passport account and MSN Money website

I am attempting to start over with my money account 
because of problems converting to 2005.  When I link the 
account to my passport account it brings all the old 
recurring transactions to the new account and they are 
WAY old.  Is there any way to clean them from the MSN 
money website before I associate my .net account with my 
money file?.  When I go out to moneycentral to view my 
reccurring bills and deposits nothing is listed.

Thanks for any help.
0
anonymous (74722)
10/4/2004 11:54:57 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

5 Replies
520 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 14

This is supposed to be accomplished by resetting the data.  Log in to the
Passport you want to clean out and then go to
https://moneycentral.msn.com/banking/accounts/pss/accounts.asp

Now, when I have attempted to do this for the past month or so, with any of
my Passports, I get an error telling me the MSN Servers are unavailable and
to try again later... However, about a week ago I posted here asking if
anyone else was having this problem and I received some responses saying
that it was working just fine.  Good luck.

Larry

"Mike S" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:297601c4aa08$f885b8f0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> I am attempting to start over with my money account
> because of problems converting to 2005.  When I link the
> account to my passport account it brings all the old
> recurring transactions to the new account and they are
> WAY old.  Is there any way to clean them from the MSN
> money website before I associate my .net account with my
> money file?.  When I go out to moneycentral to view my
> reccurring bills and deposits nothing is listed.
>
> Thanks for any help.


0
10/4/2004 1:49:45 PM
Larry,

I get the same error this morning: "There was a problem connecting to the 
MSN Money server.
Please try again later."

When you say "it's working just fine", do you mean "the reset succeeds in 
spite of the error message,", or do you mean "it's working fine for other 
people?"

Thanks!

-Doug 


0
nospam7515 (2084)
10/4/2004 4:58:17 PM
You state this is suppose to happen when clicking on 
reset?  The only accounts that are listed on the link 
provided are the ones that are valid.  My problem is that 
when it syncs after creating a new account it is showing 
Recurring transactions that are dated back in 2002, which 
is probably when I set the account up.  So if I 
understand you correctly, reset these account and this 
will clean the recurring accounts as well?
 
>-----Original Message-----
>This is supposed to be accomplished by resetting the 
data.  Log in to the
>Passport you want to clean out and then go to
>https://moneycentral.msn.com/banking/accounts/pss/account
s.asp
>
>Now, when I have attempted to do this for the past month 
or so, with any of
>my Passports, I get an error telling me the MSN Servers 
are unavailable and
>to try again later... However, about a week ago I posted 
here asking if
>anyone else was having this problem and I received some 
responses saying
>that it was working just fine.  Good luck.
>
>Larry
>
>"Mike S" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in 
message
>news:297601c4aa08$f885b8f0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
>> I am attempting to start over with my money account
>> because of problems converting to 2005.  When I link 
the
>> account to my passport account it brings all the old
>> recurring transactions to the new account and they are
>> WAY old.  Is there any way to clean them from the MSN
>> money website before I associate my .net account with 
my
>> money file?.  When I go out to moneycentral to view my
>> reccurring bills and deposits nothing is listed.
>>
>> Thanks for any help.
>
>
>.
>
0
anonymous (74722)
10/4/2004 5:25:55 PM
Other users have stated that they do not get the error message.

When I do it, or Microsoft does it, it gives the error message.  They aren't
sure why, but it appears that there is some problem with the data in
combination of the server.

The issue also prevent MS Money from deleting the data from the server.
This means that my financial data is stuck on the web and no way to get it
off.  I have been working on this issue for a few weeks now... they claim to
still be working on correcting the issue however in the mean time have not
offered any real usable solutions.

I suppose we will have to sit and wait.

Larry

"Dougbert" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:OvAKZNjqEHA.2724@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Larry,
>
> I get the same error this morning: "There was a problem connecting to the
> MSN Money server.
> Please try again later."
>
> When you say "it's working just fine", do you mean "the reset succeeds in
> spite of the error message,", or do you mean "it's working fine for other
> people?"
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Doug
>
>


0
10/5/2004 5:00:40 PM
When you use this tool, it is supposed to erase all MSN Money data from the
servers.  This includes all accounts, bills, portfolio info, etc.  And of
course, once you do it (if it works correctly) there is not a way to undo
it.  This should not affect your data in you MS Money file, which of course
means after you do the reset, then you can just re-enable MSN Synch in your
Money file if you want the data there.

If you need to remove duplicate account transactions or accounts that can't
be removed with a mere delete, then you can use the "Troubleshooting" tools.
This can be accessed with the link "Troubleshooting" at the bottom of the
accounts list in MSN Money.

Word of advice, if you plan to reset the data on the MSN servers, you may
want to ensure you have disabled the "Access your data from other computers"
option in the Settings for Money.

Larry
"Mike S" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2d8b01c4aa37$34a26e40$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> You state this is suppose to happen when clicking on
> reset?  The only accounts that are listed on the link
> provided are the ones that are valid.  My problem is that
> when it syncs after creating a new account it is showing
> Recurring transactions that are dated back in 2002, which
> is probably when I set the account up.  So if I
> understand you correctly, reset these account and this
> will clean the recurring accounts as well?
>
> >-----Original Message-----
> >This is supposed to be accomplished by resetting the
> data.  Log in to the
> >Passport you want to clean out and then go to
> >https://moneycentral.msn.com/banking/accounts/pss/account
> s.asp
> >
> >Now, when I have attempted to do this for the past month
> or so, with any of
> >my Passports, I get an error telling me the MSN Servers
> are unavailable and
> >to try again later... However, about a week ago I posted
> here asking if
> >anyone else was having this problem and I received some
> responses saying
> >that it was working just fine.  Good luck.
> >
> >Larry
> >
> >"Mike S" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message
> >news:297601c4aa08$f885b8f0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> >> I am attempting to start over with my money account
> >> because of problems converting to 2005.  When I link
> the
> >> account to my passport account it brings all the old
> >> recurring transactions to the new account and they are
> >> WAY old.  Is there any way to clean them from the MSN
> >> money website before I associate my .net account with
> my
> >> money file?.  When I go out to moneycentral to view my
> >> reccurring bills and deposits nothing is listed.
> >>
> >> Thanks for any help.
> >
> >
> >.
> >


0
10/5/2004 5:04:13 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Deleting email from main account
Howdy. I have Windows Live set up with my comcast account. How do I specify that once I download the message to windows live it will delete it from the comcast server. I download messages into Live, but they are still on the comcast website and they get redownloaded to my phone. Thanks, I just can't seem to find the option. Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Uncheck: Leave a copy of messages on the server. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "JB" <JB@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

C#.net click event associated with database error
I would like to know what to do to solve the problem listed below: When I am debugging a C#.Net 2008 windows application and click on the 'next' button, I am getting the following error: 'An unexpected error has occurred. The 'Microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0'provider is not registered on the local machine'. I think that I may need to change some setting I have in the visual studio.net 2008 professional edition to solve this problem prior to clicking on the 'next' button. I am working on an workstation that is 64 bits, XP operating syste...

net passport
I changd my net passport and now when I enter it in money it tells me it is incorrect. ...

Loans and checking accounts
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0046_01C48960.176A6190 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How do I tell my checking account where money from a loan came from?? I recently borrowed money from my bank which was deposited directly into = my checking account. If I set up the loan I am unable to select it = (from the account drop down list) when entering the transaction into my = checking account register. I found the information about "linking a = loan to an asset" but you can only d...

suggestions for "Club" customer accounts
Any suggestions on how I should setup a "club account" in RMS. I have monthly shipments of product which I will charge to a customer's CC once shipped. Is there a good way to setup the customer account for this type of transaction? thanks. ...

net
Dear All , Can you please help in this i'm creating excel sheet for finance purpose and i need the number appear with color for example if the net = +ve (i need it to appear with green color ) and if it is = - neg (i need to appear with red color ) any one can help me with the color thansk for your cooperations -- bn_dubai ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bn_dubai's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29568 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492656 You can use Con...

Money 2006 updating for hours
Won't let me process a scheduled transaction, says that I have to wait for update to finish. I have done quck repair, rebooted the computer several times. It won't shut down normally either. I just migrated from 2005 a few days ago. Thanks for your help In microsoft.public.money, armand wrote: >Won't let me process a scheduled transaction, says that I have to wait for >update to finish. I have done quck repair, rebooted the computer several >times. It won't shut down normally either. I just migrated from 2005 a few >days ago. Check that the SSL2 pro...

Leads and existing contacts/accounts
I have a situation where it is highly possible that visitors of one of my sites fill out a slightly modified Scribe lead page already exist in CRM either as contacts or accounts. What are the possible scenarios for me to 'match' them up without creating opportunities (it is a NFP organization, majority if the visitors are asking for information, no sales activities are expected). Thanks in advance! ...

"include transfers to or from accounts that arent in reports" option #2
This is an option under the monthly income and expense report. What is microsofts purpose of including this option? Im thinking of using this option, and then excluding all my investment accounts, so that the report will be a cashflow type report. In other words, show income, expenses, and transfers to my investment accounts. (monthly saving) Their purpose is probably more or less what you are trying to do. Try it and find out. "Dave" <PAVEWAVE@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in message news:1130901069.148556.43780@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > This is an option under the mont...

Some investment accounts show cash/inv transactions and some do no
Hi, Some of my investment accounts show cash & investment (cash/inv) transactions and some do not. What I mean by this is when I open an account I either see just "Account Summary" under the View heading in the left navigation pane, or I see "Account Summary", "Investment Transactions" and "Cash Transactions'. I've listed all the accounts below, and as you'll see there is no consistent pattern as to which accounts show cash/inv transactions (e.g. fidelity vs non-fidelity, retirement vs non-retirement, some of mine vs non of my wifes, ...

How to view multiple email accounts...
How to view multiple email accounts...I can only see 2 of 3 right now what types of accounts are they? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "Mofsta" <Mofsta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AE0EBB0-73C5-40EB-9B44-5CA87...

Money is already running. #2
Upon opening Microsoft Money Plus following closing the application during the same Windows session (no re-boot)... I receive the following error: Money is already running. I see from the task manager that indeed although the program was closed it is still consuming memory and therefore running. I only receive the error message therefore Money does not open... typically I reboot my computer to return to Money. Is this necessary everytime or does anyone know of an alternate solution? I could end process in task manager but I assume that is not a "healthy" solution. In microso...

MFC and .NET
We have a MFC application we are moving to VC 7.0 because we want to use the latest C++ compiler that comes with it. For moving to VC 7.0 we need to install the .NET framework though. My questions are, 1. Has anybody moved thier MFC application to .NET framework? Did you run into any issues? 2. What is the plan for MFC? Is there any end of life for this from Microsoft? Thanks, David I use all of my VC6 MFC apps and DLLs just fine with XP and VS.Net 2003. No need to port your code to .Net at all. WTH "David Mohandas" <david_mohandas@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ac...

Account List
Hello, the account types are: - Bank - Credit Card - Cash or Other - Asset - Liability Selecting the view by Account Type the Account List regroupments are: - Bank Account - Credit Accounts - Investment Accounts - Loans and Liabilities I would like to see my accounts really grouped by account type. I run M2005 international trial version. Is it is a bug or what? Luigi All I can tell you is that Money functions the same way here. -- "Luigi" <Luigi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A0AEFD1-4DC6-4D29-9B45-1971873F00C6@microsoft.com... > Hello, > the ...

Money 2004 Install Wizard won't come back :(
I need to find out how to get the initial setup wizard to run. I was going through the initial set up of accounts, but had to stop. I closed Money, assuming that it would save to that point and re-open to where I was. But now when I start money, it does not give me the wizard. It opens to the program home page. I tried uninstalling the program (not that much was entered, so it was no big thing), but it still opens on the money home page when I re-install and open it again. What do I need to do to get it to start fresh???? Please help. Thanks Remove the "FOUR YOU" in my emai...

Authentication between asp.net 2.0 and asp.net 1.1
I am running CRM 3.0 which is running in its own app pool for asp.net 1.1. I've added a virtual directory under the CRM website which runs under a different app pool for asp.net 2.0. This is where I put my custom web pages. Both app pools are running under the NETWORK SERVICE account. Both the CRM website and the virtual directory has windows authentication. My question is why I am prompted to enter my credential when I access the custom page through CRM the first time I access the page? Have I not already been authenticated? Hmm not sure whether this can help. Are you sure you put...

Expense Account in Payables Trx Smartlist
I am running a Smartlist report from the Payables Trxs. I am trying to find the column that will allow me to report the expense account to which an invoice was charged. What column do I need to include? Hutch, You will not be able to do this in SmartList. The best you can do is bring in the default Purchases Account from the vendor setup, but there is no guarantee that 's the account the invoice was distributed to. Part of the problem here is that you could have distributed the invoice to 5 different GL accounts, but the Payables Transactions SmartList only shows you one line ...

Remove old account infor
Hi, how do I purge old account information that is assoiciated with my hotmail address? I wanted to start new and created a new 'live' ID, but I would rather stay with my old email account. Thanks, Markus In microsoft.public.money, Markus wrote: >Hi, how do I purge old account information that is assoiciated with my >hotmail address? I wanted to start new and created a new 'live' ID, but I >would rather stay with my old email account. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323964 ...

VB.net
Hi, I am trying to update a field in a record of a Access Database (whose structure I can not modify). I got this error (translated from italian): "Data types do not match in the expression" = "Tipi di dati non corrispondenti nell'espressione criterio." The code is the following: (myField is a binary field as on Access 2007) 'determine new value Dim newValue() As Byte = ... (valid data) 'write new attributes Dim conn As OleDbConnection = myObj.getConnection Dim cmd As OleDbComman...

Outlook Replies from wrong account.
I am posting this for a friend so excuse me if I don't have all the particulars. I believe he has Outlook 2003 but I will find out for sure. "I have two email addresses: somone@somewhere.com, and the rightone@mycorrectaccount.com. Outlook is hte application I use for these and when I created the second email address, Outlook automatically gave me a little "Account" button on my outbound emails so I can indicate which address I wish to send from. The default address was always the someone email address, so I learned how to go into Outlook Tools and set the...

sharing accounts 06-17-04
I have my sales people set up so that they can only see their stuff. However, I also want my sales people to be able to assign or share their accounts with other sales people. The assigning works fine, but the sharing doesn't. Does anyone know how to get the accounts that are being shared between sales people to show up in their my accounts list? When I select the account and go to sharing...I can see the people that have access to it, but it isn't showing up in their list. I really need to have it set up so that the sales people can only see their stuff...so, I hope it ...

MS Money 2004 Debt Reduction
I've been experiencing weird things with debt reduction. I'm simply trying to enter in a credit card account and have it tell me when I'll have it paid off if I pay "this much" money a month towards it. The numbers it gives me through are not right at all. For instance, at the beginning I add in a credit card account that has a balance of $1,057 at an interest rate of 10.9%. I tell it I want to be out of debt by 05/18/04 with zero one time payments and this is what I get... "With payments averaging $5.00 and an extra payemtn of $0 you will be out of de...

SQL connection management in ASP.Net
hi, I have to create a small website in ASP.Net 2.0. I have question about working with SQL connections. What are the best practises? How and where to create and store a connection? I see a few possibilities: - create, open/close a connection on each web page - create a connection on login page and store it on Session - how to create a connection? ie. SqlConnection = new SqlConnection or System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactory factory = System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactories.GetFactory("System.Data.SqlClient"); System.Data.Common.DbConnection conn = factory.Crea...

Budgeting and different account cycles
I have just downloaded a trial version of MS Money 2006. I want a better tool to see my cashflow and help me with budgeting. Since you can't change budget dates in MS Money how can you keep track of all the transactions when my checking account cycle is different from my credit card cycle? I try to purchase all items on credit card but my bills and some expenses come from the checking account. I want to set up a budget with a spending tracker that will reflect the transaction from both the checking and credit card accounts. Any idea on how I can do this? Thank you for all the help. ...

xml DTD visual stdio .net 2k3 autocomplete
Hello, I'm using visual studio .net 2k3 to work with Xml intensive integration App. When I using XML /XSD based documents I get autocomplete feature but not when I use Xml /Dtd based. Somebody know How work around Thansk Alejandro P. ? <alejandropacheco@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:esj0OEWYEHA.2972@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I'm using visual studio .net 2k3 to work with Xml intensive integration > App. When I using XML /XSD based documents I get autocomplete feature but > not when I use Xml /Dtd based. Somebody know How work around > >...