'memo' field

In Money 2002,  what do I need to do so what I type in
the 'memo' field can be remembered? (reappeared when I
select the same payee the next time?)
0
aming (1)
12/5/2003 5:02:15 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Memos disappear
I am using MS Money 2006. When I download new transactions from my bank and import them there is usually some information contained in the memo box. I have been using MS Money for years and have never seen this happen until today. The new transactions had information in the memo section, then it suddenly disappeared. It was also gone from all other transactions that were still bold. Luckily I was able to get almost every thing back from a back up. Any idea what happened and how I can prevent this in the future? ...

How do I sort by calculated field
relationship = one buyer to many purchases. Report is summary of buyer purchases. Number of purchases and total purchased. The number of purchases is calculated "=Count([Lot Info]![Lot No])" , the total purchase is calculated "=Sum([Price])" How can I make the report sort by descending total purchases? By descending total lots? To get the information to report one total line sorting and grouping is set to group by buyer number, group ascending. group on each value, interval =1, keep together = whole group. Presumably the sum of price is in a group footer, so...

Update A Field From Another Field
Hi All, I was wondering if anyone can help me on this one. It's probably simple, but I'm stuck!! I have a Table which fills in data from a form with the following field: ReservationNo ReservationName Surname1 Name1 Surname2 Name 2 Sometimes I don't have the names, so fields Name1 and Name 2 are left blank until I check in the guests using the RESPEL form with the following fields RservationNo ReservationName Surname Name Now the ResevationNo and ReservationName have identical data since they are autofilled. What I want to do is if the ReservationNo and the S...

Using a Yes/No field to trigger a calculation in another field
> I have a billing form that was created from a query based on the table that all > these fields are from. In this billing query is where all these calculations > are happening so they can be displayed on the billing form. > > TotalTuitions is a field that exists in my main table and it is calculated > in the billing query by adding (4) other tuition type fields. > > MultiClassDisc is a field in my main table and is in the billing query. > > MultiClassTrigger is a field in my main table that works from a Yes/No combo > box. This will also...

add spell checker for comment and description fields
a client has asked if GP could have a spell checker, particularly for comment and description fields ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=f369f3e0-f5c0-4e10-a403...

memo
I am trying to make some "From the desk of" memo pads that I can run off for teacher gifts. Any ideas how to make 4 to a page portrait size? A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from apesgreat66 <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > I am trying to make some "From the desk of" memo pads that I can run > off for teacher gifts. Any ideas how to make 4 to a page portrait > size? Set the Page Size in Page Setup to Custom, and set that to the size you want the pads to be. Use the Advanced Print Settings or Multiple Cop...

Update fields with blanks
Below is the code I am working with in Access. Basically, I am appending fields from one table to another. Once I run this, the field “Change” comes up with some values. I want to, somehow, make the values of the field “Change” blank. How can I code it in my statement below? INSERT INTO Quarter3_Table ( ID, Change, [Last Name], Name, Office, Sex, [Officer Title], [HR Department], [Asset Class], Style, Product, [HR Functional Title], Function, [Research(F_OR_Q)], [2nd Func/Dept], [Date Joined Delaware], [Date Joined Industry], [Date Left Delaware], MBA, School, [Year Graduated], [Other...

How do I remove all records of duplicated fields?
I am using excel 2002. I have a row of data, with some duplicated records. I want to be able to delete ALL duplicates. e.g. bob bob scott john would delete all record of bob leaving just the following: scott john How can I achieve this? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks -- nozzaworld The Common and known options is to use Advanced Filter to filter "Uniques Only". Micky "nozzaworld" wrote: > I am using excel 2002. I have a row of data, with some duplicated records. I > want to be able to delete ALL duplicates....

Memo Type issues
Hi All, I have a feild set as memo type. It is only allowing 255 character. Why is it limiting my data to this I thought it would allow 64,000+ -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200708/1 Allen Browne's tutorial will probably explain it! http://allenbrowne.com/ser-63.html mattc66 wrote: >Hi All, > >I have a feild set as memo type. It is only allowing 255 character. Why is it >limiting my data to this I thought it would allow 64,000+ > -- There's ALWAYS mor...

From field not auto-filling
The From field on Outlook used to always auto-fill with my email address, but for some reason it no longer does. Recepients seem to be getting it, but it does not appear when I start a New or Reply message. You asked the same question yesterday and got multiple replies; have you read those answers already? Long story short; there is no need to manually specify the From field for each message. It is only needed when you want to send as/on behalf of somebody else. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Out...

Increase distribution reference field to at least 50 characters.
My client uses the distribution reference field which appear to be very long but only allows 30 characters. They would great appreciate having the field be at least 50 characters long. -- Thanks a lot, Julie London Technology Management Concepts (TMC) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "...

How do you get rid of a lookup field
I'm trying to fix a database that someone else created. Although I have quite a bit of Access experience, I'm stuck! Basically, one of the tables has a field set up as a Lookup Column. I want to change it to just a plain old text with the Lookup's associated values (as opposed to the stored id number) as the actual value. I've tried creating a new field and running an update query to set the new values, but no matter what I do I get the stored number instead of the real value. There's already a LOT of data in this table, otherwise I would just retype the v...

Field Based Security
hi all, can this be done? Define security/access based on field(s), say Account Type of Account. When Account Type is anything but "TypeA", all users of the system have full access, however when Account Type is changed to "TypeA", only certain group(s) of people can see the accounts Appreciate any input You are basing security/access on a field's value, not talking about true field level security (i.e. access to individual fields within an entity/form based on a security role, specific user or Team). In this case, I think "Sharing" of accounts will w...

Credit memo not appearing in Sales Statement
Hi, Im using the RM Statement on blank paper but when printing the document out, the credit memo amount won't show. It'll only show the the document no. In the report writter, i pull out 2 column for debit amount and credit amount. Please help. Thanks in advance!! ...

Business Required Fields
Hi, Is there any way of writing an event to bypass business required field validation? i.e. dynamically change it from mandatory to none? Please advise. Thanks. hey i have seen a statement which can change the required fields dynamically. Will get bak tou on that ASAP. geoffreyjoei@hcl.in Hi, use: crmForm.SetFieldReqLevel( <fieldname>, 1 ); and: crmForm.SetFieldReqLevel( <fieldname>, 0 ); 1 = mandatory, 0 = normal "JM" <someone@example.com> wrote in message news:5571AAD3-98D5-4547-A51B-434BB30883F3@microsoft.com... > Hi, > Is there any way of ...

Adding a second Manager field to the User record
We have personnel that report to more than one boss. Is it possible to create a second "Manager" field on the User record that performs just like the original Manager field through the standard Customization interface? Hi Robin, It seems like it's possible to make such customization with CRM "internal" instruments. You just have to go to customization area in CRM and open the User entity. The attribute name of Manager field is parentsystemuserid, and you can create similar attribute with lookup type and give it a name something like second manager. Then do the ma...

Memo Field 04-20-07
my memo field will not allow characters past 257 characters when typing in data from a form, why won't it? Are you sure you defined the field as memo, and not text with a limit of 255 characters? Mich "accessdesigner" <accessdesigner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:497B46D1-2D36-4520-B3B6-82C199F80AF4@microsoft.com... > my memo field will not allow characters past 257 characters when typing in > data from a form, why won't it? 1. Are you really, really sure that it's a memo field and not a text field? I had to ask. 2. Is there some s...

check box fields that correlate to data fields
Hello, Following the advice from Karl Dewey: how does one correlate data fields to check boxes; so that report knows to pull from only checked data fields? Thanks, LA -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Can you provide some useful context to your question? How about some requirements or specs? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.htm "misschanda via AccessMonster.com" wrote: > Hello, > Following the advice from Karl Dewey: how does one correlate data fields...

Company is a Required Field?
How do I make the Company field not required on the Leads entity? Right now while I'm customizing the Leads entity I've tried to remove it, however the error states it is required on a Business level. How can that be requirement be lifted? Thanks! Change the Requirment Level from Business Required to Business Recommended or No Contstraint. You can find this under Customizations, Lead, Attributes, and then open the attribute. "Luke Davis" wrote: > How do I make the Company field not required on the Leads entity? Right > now while I'm customizing t...

Include credit memos on checks without applying to an invoice
Currently, you cannot include a credit memo on a check without applying it to an invoice. If that invoice is already paid, you have to apply it to a different invoice -- one that has nothing to do with it! You lose accurate transaction history for both invoices -- the one already paid and the one being applied against. We are in the retail industry and receive tons of credit memos that adjust costs on previously entered invoices at each month-end because we met quantity orders. It is impossible to apply them to original invoices and, therefore, have to apply them to invoices that th...

Removing text from part of a field
Good morning, I have a table with a field that contains the following: PAGE_03 PAGE_03A PAGE_01 I need to create a query that can remove the text "PAGE_0" from the field. Thanks, Fred Mid([YourFieldName],7) -- Rick B "fgwiii" <fgwiii@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C998F7AD-B562-48E7-8F23-4AB58D7E0657@microsoft.com... > Good morning, > > I have a table with a field that contains the following: > PAGE_03 > PAGE_03A > PAGE_01 > > I need to create a query that can remove the text "PAGE_0" from the field. &...

change autocomplete choice in to: cc: or bcc: fields
is there a way to change or remove a name that gets "autocompleted" in the to:, cc:, or bcc: fields? right now i have 2 entries that begin with "jennifer" and i'm always prompted with the one i don't want. is there a way to change this? thanks. ross You can just delete the one you don't want when it pops up. i realize that, but i'd like to change it to prompt me for the correct one. >-----Original Message----- >You can just delete the one you don't want when it pops up. >. > >i realize that, but i'd like to change it to pr...

Journaling only captures CC field
That pretty much sums up the problem. We are running Exchange 2000 on a Windows 2000 server and the journaling is being routed via an Active Directory Contact entry to a third party. Email that originates at my company has has an external email as the destination journals correctly. External email destined for my company also journals correctly. The problem is with internal emails. They are only journaled if there is an entry in the CC field. Help!!! Thanks. Dave On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 09:57:02 -0800, "Dave K." <DaveK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >That pret...

calculated field in Employee List
Hello: I have successfully been able to add the employees' start date to the Employee List by Supervisor report in Payroll. But, the field does not print (correctly) for the suupervisors who are listed in the header (H1) of the report. The reason for this is because the Employee ID for the employees is coming from the Payroll Master table, while the Employee ID for the supervisors is coming from the Payroll Supervisor Setup table. I'm trying to create a calculated field that will bring in the start date for the supervisor from the supervisor's employee card. How do I d...

how do i get a design for a memo?
All a menu is a paragraph or so of text. Ideas here http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=memorandum&gbv=2 -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "anatt" <anatt @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F03618D3-CF6D-4CB4-AE97-500B219AB091@microsoft.com... > All a memo.... oops -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Mary Sauer" <mary.sauer@mygmail.com> wrote in message news:OJDTKkalJHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > All a menu is a paragraph or so of text. > Ideas here > http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=memo...