VBA Comment question

Dear Friends,

I need some help on this:

1) How can I change, via vba, the initials property of the author of the
current doc. I am making different types of comments and want them under
different initials. Going to options and changing manually is very tedious.

2) When viewing comments the text the comment is referring to is highlighted
by the comment color. How can I get the highlighted text into a variable?

Thank you

Susan

--
Change dead to live and you got my email address.

To change the Author and initials of all of the comments, use

Dim acomment As Comment
With ActiveDocument
    For Each acomment In .Comments
        acomment.Author "Joe Smith"
        acomment.Initial = "JS"
    Next acomment
End With

The following will change it for the selected comment and also change the
colour of the highlight

With Selection
    If .Comments.Count = 1 Then
        With .Comments(1)
            .Author "Joe Smith"
            .Initial = "JS"
            .Reference.HighlightColorIndex = wdBrightGreen
        End With
    End If
End With

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Susan" <scult@windowsdead.com> wrote in message
> Dear Friends,
>
> I need some help on this:
>
> 1) How can I change, via vba, the initials property of the author of the
> current doc. I am making different types of comments and want them under
> different initials. Going to options and changing manually is very
> tedious.
>
> 2) When viewing comments the text the comment is referring to is
> highlighted
> by the comment color. How can I get the highlighted text into a variable?
>
> Thank you
>
> Susan
>
> --
> Change dead to live and you got my email address.

0
Doug

Print, Merged Cells, and VBA

Simple question on Cursor
Hello, I have a simple dialog box application and I would like to change the cursor from an arrow to an hourglass when I press a button. In my OnClick event, I have this code void Button::OnClick() { hCursor=AfxGetApp()->LoadStandardCursor(IDC_WAIT); .... hCursor=AfxGetApp()->LoadStandardCursor(IDC_ARROW); } Can someone explain to me on how to get this working? Thank-you Hello Try using BeginWaitCursor() then later EndWaitCursor() Regards, Elias "dmoss22922" <dmoss22922@email.msn.com> wrote in message news:eoJxEphcDHA.2904@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hello,...

VBA and Scheduled task in Outlook

Column width and pasting sections in excel? Formatting questions
I am trying to make a spreadsheet in which I need to have varied column widths in different sections, one under another. (they don't need to relate directly, and no major equations going on) for example: xxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx|xxxxx|xxxxxx xxxxxxx|xxxxx|xxxxxx How do I go about splitting the sheet or whatever I need to do so I can manipulate columns differently based on the row I'm in? Thanks! Rich Column widths apply to the whole column. You may be able to use merged cells to give the appearance that you want, but I try to stay...

vba select field

VLOOKUP in VBA

Turn pc speaker on/off with vba code

Access 2003 Form Question
I have an access database that I am using for site surveys. In a nutshell, there is a header table with a date and location as the keys and a detail section with the survey results. The detail section shows a series of 30 or so questions(from a questions table) on how the site was rated. I am trying to design a form that populates a yes/no/not available type response in the detail section. The user would either click on a yes/no/NA type box or have a drop down and select the value(whichever is easiest) next to the box. After the user answers the 30 or so questions, an answers table...

THE BIGGEST QUESTION OF ALL
After months trying to make things work, and now I found errors that did not come from my own ignorance but from MSRMS such as: --Wrong item description misteriously appearing on my matrix. --Zebra printer not printing hang tags properly. --lots of other questions unanswered, as you all here are asking... The big question is: If we pay $90 per incidence, it will cost thousands, but are there solutions? Consequently, shouldn't MS be responsible for the flaw in its software and provide this kind of technical support to be worth the original month we pay with the assumption that the...

Excel and VBA
I am very interested in learning more about using VBA in office, especially Excel. Can you post some resources (online, books, etc) that can be used to help learn about using Visual Basic in office. Thanks! Here's a good place to start: http://www.contextures.com/xlbooks.html Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP "Bob Sinclair" wrote: > I am very interested in learning more about using VBA in office, especially > Excel. Can you post some resources (online, books, etc) that can be used to > help learn about using Visual Basic in office. >...

VBA Customization
Is there a way to get the name of the current company through VBA in Great Plains 8.0? Thanks for all your help. open GreatPlains. Add the current window, it will add the Toolbar then add fields choose the company name on the top left after the user id. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to get the name of the current company through VBA in Great >Plains 8.0? > >Thanks for all your help. > > > >. > Thanks. I tried, but I couldn't add company name to the field list. It opens up the login screen instead. Any thoughts? Thanks again. "ger...

Run VBA without show
I want excel to run the VBA code without showing me what it is doing. Which code should i use for that? Sub RunWithoutShow() Application.ScreenUpdating = False 'Paste the vba code here 'end of code 'Change screenupdating property to true Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub I hope this helps... Selva V Pasupathy For more on Excel, VBA, & other Resources Please visit: http://socko.wordpress.com You may also (inserting into quote from code example bellow from Socko) Use Application.Visible property to hide the application entirely Sub RunWithoutShow() Appli...

Form Controls vs VBA controls
I am new to VBA so just finding my feet, can anyone help me with th differences between an excel control (i.e. one from the form toolbox lets say a checkBox and a vba checkBox? From trying the two controls the I have noticed is that you canno capture the change event of the VBA checkbox in the code module, it ha to be done via the sheet (i.e. checkbox on sheet1, code goes in chang event on sheet1) the control is placed on, is this correct? What woul you do if you have three sheets with the same controls just differen data, do you really have to code the control 3 times? The excel control ho...

Comment Cards where can I find them to print and change
Comment Cards where can I find them to print and change Did you try Google? If none are available, create your own. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "ET" <ET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C1EBFCF-D36E-4E31-8092-DCDCD672206A@microsoft.com... > Comment Cards where can I find them to print and change ...

Advanced Filters question
I sometimes use Msft Access to run a query, and then revise the query, or build off of the new query by creating a separate query of that query. However, in using excel, at least at first pass, I noticed that I was unable to pivot the data that resulted from an advanced filter, and I was unable to see the total amount for a given column, once an advanced filter was applied to a list (i.e., the sum that I saw was for the entire field and not for the records that were visible once I had applied the filter). Does anyone have any perspective they could share with me regarding this? Is there a wa...

DoModal() question.
I have a dialog class dlg. When I use dlg.DoModal(), there're always two buttons "Cancel" and "Ok" on popup window which I didn't put there. They seem to be put there by system default. How to remove them? Thanks. Frank E Rogers wrote: > I have a dialog class dlg. When I use dlg.DoModal(), there're always two > buttons "Cancel" and "Ok" on popup window which I didn't put there. They > seem to be put there by system default. How to remove them? > Thanks. > > First, you better add message handlers for them. Your ha...

Referencing a ComboBox in VBA
Hi, I am using Excel 2007. I want to run some code in my Workbook_Open() Sub that fills a combo box on one of my Worksheets (I will call it myCombo on mySheet). I tried the following code and it did not work: myCombo.Clear myCombo.AddItem "Item One" myCombo.AddItem "Item Two" myCombo.AddItem "Item Three" I assume that the problem is that within the Workbook_Open() Sub, the reference to myCombo is not valid. Can anyone tell me if/how I can get a valid reference to myCombo (on mySheet)? Thanks in advance, Paul Kraemer -- Paul Krae...

inserting and renaming a sheet vba
Instead of having 2 lines of code, one to insert a new sheet and one t rename it, is there a way to insert a sheet with particular name i one go -- Matt Housto ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt Houston's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=451 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26717 ...

VBA??
Is there any way i can input certain numbers and they change to words. for example. 2001 Omagh 2002 Craigavon 2027 Housing Benefit 2036 IT Replacment any help please thanks monty If you mean you want to enter 2001 in cell A1 and have "Omagh" magically appear in its place when you hit the return key, I don't think it can be done. However, if you enter 2001 in cell A1 and have a VLOOKUP formula in cell B1, with reference data stored elsewhere in the sprdsht, that is easily done. Monty How many substitutes do you have? You are probably best to set up a separate table with ...

HTML Format of Comments Indicator
Is there a way to change how the HTML comment indicator shows on the HTML file? (Without manually editing the HTML file) What happens now in that every comment is sequentially labelled [1], [2], [3] and so on. Is there a way to just change it to an asterisk? Or another character? I briefly looked into the Script Editor but couldn't figure it out. Thanks! Greg ...

Using VBA to automatically add a new date to my table?
I would like to have my table (perhaps through a form) automatically add a new record with the date, every 24 hours, starting at midnight, 24/7/365 How do I do that? Also, And how do I search my username VWP1, because I tried searching users, typed in my VWP1 username, and no records were found? VWP1 On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 08:23:02 -0800, VWP1 <VWP1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to have my table (perhaps through a form) automatically add a >new record with the date, every 24 hours, starting at midnight, 24/7/365 >How do I do that? Why th...