Unique ID to WORD2007 sections

Hello,
I am using WORD2007 to create large requirements documents. I have to
allow the documents users fixed ID to every requirement. The section
numbers will change whenever I edit the documents (and they are
changed, and changed, and changed...) so I have to add a macro, or VBA
application, that will allocate a unique ID from an up-counter
whenever i activate it. The order of the sequence is not mandatory,
but it is important that the numbers will no repeast, even if a number
is deleted.

can anyone help in this?

regards

Ganish
0
Ganish
4/4/2010 2:15:24 PM
word.vba.general 1023 articles. 0 followers. Follow

4 Replies
2138 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 1

On 4 =D7=90=D7=A4=D7=A8=D7=99=D7=9C, 17:15, Ganish <ganishgan...@gmail.com>=
 wrote:
Additionally: The feature shouldbe internal to the OWRD2007 document,
because I work both on line and off line.
0
Ganish
4/4/2010 2:20:16 PM
It is not clear where the number actually is?  Is it the filename of the 
document?  How about appending a savedate field to what ever the number is?

-- 
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com

"Ganish" <ganishganish@gmail.com> wrote in message 
news:53434725-e357-47e2-9a32-fee965995870@w17g2000yqj.googlegroups.com...
> Hello,
> I am using WORD2007 to create large requirements documents. I have to
> allow the documents users fixed ID to every requirement. The section
> numbers will change whenever I edit the documents (and they are
> changed, and changed, and changed...) so I have to add a macro, or VBA
> application, that will allocate a unique ID from an up-counter
> whenever i activate it. The order of the sequence is not mandatory,
> but it is important that the numbers will no repeast, even if a number
> is deleted.
>
> can anyone help in this?
>
> regards
>
> Ganish 

0
Doug
4/4/2010 9:57:06 PM
Doug, thanks. Actually, it should apear in the section header (for
instance: 3.2.4 High Frequency Attenuation @@R15@@
Where:
3.2.4 - WORD automated number
High frequency Attenuation - paragraph header
@@R0015@@ - example for the paragraph UID. 

Time stamp can be a great idea. How can I create a macro that will
place it in predefined format?



Doug Robbins - Word MVP;690095 Wrote: 
> 
It is not clear where the number actually is?  Is it the filename of
the
> document?  How about appending a savedate field to what ever the number
is?
> 
> --
> Hope this helps.
> 
> Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
> services on a paid consulting basis.
> 
> Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com
> 
> "Ganish" <ganishganish@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:53434725-e357-47e2-9a32-fee965995870@w17g2000yqj.googlegroups.com...
> > Hello,
> > I am using WORD2007 to create large requirements documents. I have
to
> > allow the documents users fixed ID to every requirement. The section
> > numbers will change whenever I edit the documents (and they are
> > changed, and changed, and changed...) so I have to add a macro, or
VBA
> > application, that will allocate a unique ID from an up-counter
> > whenever i activate it. The order of the sequence is not mandatory,
> > but it is important that the numbers will no repeast, even if a
number
> > is deleted.
> >
> > can anyone help in this?
> >
> > regards
> >
> > Ganish


-- 
Ganish
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ganish's Profile: 1713
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=192823

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

0
Ganish
4/5/2010 1:24:28 PM
Assuming that these are individual documents, you could just use a { 
savedate \@ "yyyymmdd-hh:MM:ss" } field with a formatting switch

-- 
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com

"Ganish" <Ganish.48y6ev@thecodecage.com> wrote in message 
news:Ganish.48y6ev@thecodecage.com...
>
> Doug, thanks. Actually, it should apear in the section header (for
> instance: 3.2.4 High Frequency Attenuation @@R15@@
> Where:
> 3.2.4 - WORD automated number
> High frequency Attenuation - paragraph header
> @@R0015@@ - example for the paragraph UID.
>
> Time stamp can be a great idea. How can I create a macro that will
> place it in predefined format?
>
>
> Doug Robbins - Word MVP;690095 Wrote:
>>
> It is not clear where the number actually is?  Is it the filename of
> the
>> document?  How about appending a savedate field to what ever the number
> is?
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
>> services on a paid consulting basis.
>>
>> Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com
>>
>> "Ganish" <ganishganish@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:53434725-e357-47e2-9a32-fee965995870@w17g2000yqj.googlegroups.com...
>> > Hello,
>> > I am using WORD2007 to create large requirements documents. I have
> to
>> > allow the documents users fixed ID to every requirement. The section
>> > numbers will change whenever I edit the documents (and they are
>> > changed, and changed, and changed...) so I have to add a macro, or
> VBA
>> > application, that will allocate a unique ID from an up-counter
>> > whenever i activate it. The order of the sequence is not mandatory,
>> > but it is important that the numbers will no repeast, even if a
> number
>> > is deleted.
>> >
>> > can anyone help in this?
>> >
>> > regards
>> >
>> > Ganish
>
>
> -- 
> Ganish
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Ganish's Profile: 1713
> View this thread: 
> http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=192823
>
> http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz
> 
0
Doug
4/5/2010 10:01:53 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

defining unique range of cells for different sheets as the same n.
I want to use the same name, month9, to refer the same range of cells, but on different sheets, how do i turn off the global define? When you define the name (Insert|name|Define), include the sheet name in the "names in workbook" box: sheet1!month9 or 'sheet 1'!month9 You can select your range and type this in the name box (to the left of the formula bar), too. KSAPP wrote: > > I want to use the same name, month9, to refer the same range of cells, but on > different sheets, how do i turn off the global define? -- Dave Peterson ...

DCOM error Event ID 10016
On my Windows 2003 SP1 with Exchange 2003 SP2 I get a lot of Dcom error 10016 at startup. They eventually stop and the server seems to work fine afterwards. However, i would like to get this resolved. Here is the event id: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {9DA0E103-86CE-11D1-8699-00C04FB98036} to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool. While looking in the registry the clsid is related to MSEX...

Beginner: Is HWND unique?
Hi! When I start an application twice and ask each application for the handle of its main window (calling an inbuild COM function), are the returned dwords guaranteed to be different? Thanks a lot for your help! Volker -- For email replies, please substitute the obvious. It is not guaranteed to be the same or different. You might get the same HWND towice in a row, or might get different ones between two instances of your program. AliR. "Volker Hetzer" <firstname.lastname@ieee.org> wrote in message news:ed9gei$di9$1@nntp.fujitsu-siemens.com... > Hi! > When I start an ...

unique record numbers
I am trying to create a unique PIN for members in a table (not the primary key) that will be 4 digits long, and would like each new entry to be incremental. I am very new, and would appreciate a detailed instruction (though I can get around access fair enough). Any help would be appreciated. On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 19:19:44 -0800, Rev David Bissas <Rev David Bissas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: The "DMax + 1" technique should work for you. Google or Bing for it. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >I am trying to create a unique PIN for members in a table (not t...

How can I define unique font per each Outlook profile?
We have several Outlook profiles on one computer and each user wants their own font. I noticed changing to one type of font in one profile affects all the other user profiles in Outlook. Is there a way to assign unique fonts to each Outlook profile? Many thanks experts... Each user would need their own Windows login.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstar...

Report returning table ID, not actual table data
I have a table which has First Name and Last Name as fields. I have another table used for problems that references this into 1 field called FullName. The properties for this is a combobox and the row source is: SELECT [EmployeeID], [LastName] & ", " & [FirstName] FROM Employees ORDER BY [LastName] & ", " & [FirstName]; Now I am trying to create a report from the Problems table that will only show open problems. I did this by creating a query. The query is correct . My problem is with the actual report. Instead of listing the Name field, it is...

Pull Unique Values From a List/Table
How can I pull unique values from a table? I track vendors who might sell multiple items, but I only need to show the vendor once so I can pull other information. There are also may be blanks in the rows if the vendor is inactive. Thanks! Let me add one more twist to this problem: The unique values also need to filter out where it may be 'VendorA - West' and 'VendorA - East' and combine them into one record. I only need it to show VendorA and not both records East and West (same company, just different drop ship location). Thanks! "Karl Burrows" <kfb1@spa...

Is there any a "unique" function performs on CStringArray or CStringList?
Is there any a "unique" function performs on CStringArray or CStringList? I know there is an algorithm function "unique" performing on containers in Standard C++ library. Is there a similar function in MFC? What am I doing now to avoid adding same strings to container is: CStringList strList; ..... if (strList.Find("somestring") == NULL) strList.AddTail("somestring"); But I realized it may be an inefficient way. Any good sugestion? I would have used a CMap for this. Then, when all insertions were done, I might consider converting it to a CArray...

m_pDocument Doc/View unique id for each view
I'm using the standard mfc mainform with a doc/view. While I'm in the view portion I need to track the actions taken individually and separately for each view. So when when I click on view one I track that in a separate place than view two. I there a unique id or index for each view? Something like m_pDocument->ID? Thank you, Joshua <jtfaulk@eudoramail.com> wrote in message news:1111085780.370621.117620@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I'm using the standard mfc mainform with a doc/view. While I'm in the > view portion I need to track the actions taken...

Digital ID keeps prompting to access Protected Storage when sending message
I'm testing a Verisign Digital ID to "sign" my email. I must have chosen an option when installing the Private Key (or something) to put it in Protected Storage. Now whenever I attempt to send an email I get a notice (popup) saying "Application is attempting to access item from Protected Storage" (or similar text). Is there a way to tell Windows (2k or XP) that Outlook 2002 is "trusted" to use this key when sending email? Otherwise, is there a way to change how my Private Key is stored so that it (hopefully) still secure, but Outlook doesn't continue t...

Unique Values, not Unique Records
My data looks like the following: ID Type Amt 1234 A $10.00 1234 B $10.00 1234 C $10.00 I would like to find a way to get only one of the items on to a new spreadsheet, because they are duplicate records in my eyes. The Advanced filter does not work because each record is unique. Can anyone help? in the dialog for the advanced filter, make sure only the ID column is referenced "steph44haf" wrote: > My data looks like the following: > > ID Type Amt > 1234 ...

Unique Constraints
Hello, I have a Users table with 2 fields, UserName and Visible. The same UserName can exist many times with Visible = 0 but just one record can exist for the same UserName with visible = 1. In my Stored Procedure before inserting a new visible user I check the user doesn't exist in the table with visible = 1, but that is not enough, there are cases when the Stored Procedure is called in the same moment with the same parameters and there is duplicated data. I can't define a Unique constraint because UserName with visible = 0 is not unique, what would be the best way...

extracting unique #'s from a list
my last post was dealing with sumif function and you guys got me on th right track. Now I have column with some duplicate #'s. How can extract the unique numbers into a different column?? A1 B1 1 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 4 6 5 6 2 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi one way: use 'Data - Filter - Advanced Filter' and check 'Unique values'. Also have a look at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#ExtractingUnique -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > my last post was dealing with sumif function ...

Need Product ID to install office 2000 publisher.
Recently purchased new computer. The microsoft software did not contain publisher. I want to install my publisher 2000 software and then update to 2003 however I lost the case with the 25 digit product ID code. The paper certificate of Authenticity product code is only 20 digits and will not install. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. If I am not mistaken, the 20 digit # was for OEMs. If that copy of Publisher came with the old computer, you cannot transfer it to the new. You must buy a retail version to do that. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "PALady&q...

Event ID 7023
About 2 wks ago we started getting 2 event ID 7023 everytime we reboot our W2Ksp4/Exchange 2Ksp3 svr. IMAP4 and POP3 services fail to start with the following errors: The Microsoft Exchange POP3 Service Terminated with the following error: No site name is available for this machine. The Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 Service Terminated with the following error: No site name is available for this machine. Both Services start manually with no problems. We can't tie this to any systematic changes, patches, or updates. DNS is operating fine, Both DC's are GC's and both are up and runn...

In column A I have duplicate records. How do I tag an unique reco.
Sorry to post the question in the subject line. My question is: In column A I have duplicate records. How do I tag the unique record. Thanks a lot. Tian See Chip Pearson's "duplicate" site. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 11:03:02 -0800, "Tian" <Tian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Sorry to post the question in the subject line. > >My question is: In column A I have duplicate records. How do I tag the >unique record. > >Thanks a lot. > > > ...

Duplicates
I have 2 lists of words. Some words from list 2. are on list 1. too. Now I merge these lists into one list. How can I obtain just unique words or unique words on the top of the merged list? TIA koncept wrote: > I have 2 lists of words. Some words from list 2. are on list 1. too. > Now I merge these lists into one list. > How can I obtain just unique words or unique words on the top of the > merged list? > > TIA Check out this link provided by Pearson Software Consulting http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#HighlightingDuplicates gls858 Make sure your column has a...

Tracked Changes
Can i use track changes in one section of a word 2003 document? Well, if you enable Track Changes, apply forms protection (without adding any form fields) and then leave one section unprotected, after you have enforced protection, Word will track changes in that one section. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "MaurysMom" <MaurysMom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16A84F1E-2F28-4BDC-AFB5-47AF9ACB2978@microsoft.com... > Can i use track changes in one section of a word 2003 document? On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 11:16:02 -0700, MaurysMom <...

Count unique
I have a spreadsheet containing a list of names. Many names are repeated. I need to count the number of unique names in the list. Anyone got a formula for me? Thanks! Hi, If your list of names was in A1:A5 then this: =SUM(1/COUNTIF($A$1:$A$5,A1:A5) entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter is an array formula that works. Sam "xp" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet containing a list of names. Many names are repeated. I > need to count the number of unique names in the list. Anyone got a formula > for me? > > Thanks! Hello, I suggest to look here...

List the UNIQUE certain fields from the database
Dear Experts, Please help related to the above subject. From this discussion, got the following formula which is work well and faster for small of database. =OFFSET($G$1,MATCH(0,MMULT(--TRANSPOSE(TRANSPOSE(DATA)=I$1:I1),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROW()-1))/ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROW()-1))),0)-1,0,1,1) where $G$1, the first row of DATA. how to convert it to VBA as this time i have a huge database. for Tab Data, Advanced, Unique Record only (works well also, but i need the VBA). basically we would like to do similar like this: Data Sample Vendor Name A B...

Store Employee ID in table, Display User Name in form
There are two tables and a form: tblAssets tblEmployees frmAssets tbleEmployees, among other things, has columns for User FirstName, User LastName, and EmployeeID. frmAssets primarily deals with tblAssets but pulls from other locations, including tblEmployees. frmAssets has field for EmployeeID, but not employees names. There are two requirements: 1) When displaying entries in frmAssets, I want to see the employees name corresponding to the EmployeeID stored for that asset record in tblAssets. 2) When entering new records in frmAssets, I want to be able to select the ...

A Unique ID
We know, MFC, generate a Unique ID, for each visual element incorporate to its form. I need to create a unique ID to name my files, how can I do that, without have to create my own algorithm. Is there any API for that I hope somebody can help me, thanks in advantage You can create a name which as a GUID in it. Take a look at the following API CoCreateGuid() -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Hector Martinez" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CD5F895-46FC-4211-8820-D8832D044F52@microsoft.com....

Count Unique Combinations
Hello all, I'm having problems coming up with a formula to count the number of unique combinations in a list. I have a list of people in column B and a list of tasks in column C. There are duplicates in both columns. I need a formula to count the unique combinations in the list (i.e. bob smith/j. smith would count 1. Also I need to count the separtely so I know how many unique combinations are for bob smith and so on. I hope I've proviede enough info. Thank you for your assistance, Ron Col B Col C bob smith j. smith don carter r. jones alan jackson s. rober...

Product Keys and IDs
Ok, I'm an idiot. It's been several months since I installed several copies of Office for Mac. Since then the original software CDs have become separated from the machines they were installed on and now I don't know which CD goes with which machine. I'm trying to organize binders for each machine with the appropirate software in them. I know I can get the product ID from the Application menu, but how do I know which ID corresponds to the product key that came with the application CD? Is there anyway to get the product key from the application? Thanks, Beth In article <1...

Return Uniques
I have 2 qry's the same thing just different criteria in RoleID. I am trying to sort by LastName. In one it lets me, in the other I get an error that my sort conflicts tieh DISTINCT. Why the different behavior? Thanks. I copy/pasted the SQL statement and changed the criteria and it works. They looked the same before though. ??? "MeSteve" wrote: > I have 2 qry's the same thing just different criteria in RoleID. I am trying > to sort by LastName. In one it lets me, in the other I get an error that my > sort conflicts tieh DISTINCT. Why the different beh...