Unique ID to WORD2007 sections

  • Follow

Hello,
I am using WORD2007 to create large requirements documents. I have to
allow the documents users fixed ID to every requirement. The section
numbers will change whenever I edit the documents (and they are
changed, and changed, and changed...) so I have to add a macro, or VBA
application, that will allocate a unique ID from an up-counter
whenever i activate it. The order of the sequence is not mandatory,
but it is important that the numbers will no repeast, even if a number
is deleted.

can anyone help in this?

regards

Ganish
0
Reply Ganish 4/4/2010 2:15:24 PM

On 4 =D7=90=D7=A4=D7=A8=D7=99=D7=9C, 17:15, Ganish <ganishgan...@gmail.com>=
 wrote:
Additionally: The feature shouldbe internal to the OWRD2007 document,
because I work both on line and off line.
0
Reply Ganish 4/4/2010 2:20:16 PM

It is not clear where the number actually is?  Is it the filename of the
document?  How about appending a savedate field to what ever the number is?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Ganish" <ganishganish@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I am using WORD2007 to create large requirements documents. I have to
> allow the documents users fixed ID to every requirement. The section
> numbers will change whenever I edit the documents (and they are
> changed, and changed, and changed...) so I have to add a macro, or VBA
> application, that will allocate a unique ID from an up-counter
> whenever i activate it. The order of the sequence is not mandatory,
> but it is important that the numbers will no repeast, even if a number
> is deleted.
>
> can anyone help in this?
>
> regards
>
> Ganish

0
Reply Doug 4/4/2010 9:57:06 PM

Doug, thanks. Actually, it should apear in the section header (for
instance: 3.2.4 High Frequency Attenuation @@R15@@
Where:
3.2.4 - WORD automated number
High frequency Attenuation - paragraph header
@@R0015@@ - example for the paragraph UID.

Time stamp can be a great idea. How can I create a macro that will
place it in predefined format?

--
Ganish
Ganish's Profile: 1713

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

0
Reply Ganish 4/5/2010 1:24:28 PM

Assuming that these are individual documents, you could just use a {
savedate \@ "yyyymmdd-hh:MM:ss" } field with a formatting switch

--

"Ganish" <Ganish.48y6ev@thecodecage.com> wrote in message

> Doug, thanks. Actually, it should apear in the section header (for
> instance: 3.2.4 High Frequency Attenuation @@R15@@
> Where:
> 3.2.4 - WORD automated number
> High frequency Attenuation - paragraph header
> @@R0015@@ - example for the paragraph UID.
>
> Time stamp can be a great idea. How can I create a macro that will
> place it in predefined format?
>

> Doug Robbins - Word MVP;690095 Wrote:
>>
> It is not clear where the number actually is?  Is it the filename of
> the
>> document?  How about appending a savedate field to what ever the number
> is?
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
>> services on a paid consulting basis.

>> "Ganish" <ganishganish@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello,
>> > I am using WORD2007 to create large requirements documents. I have
>> > allow the documents users fixed ID to every requirement. The section
>> > numbers will change whenever I edit the documents (and they are
>> > changed, and changed, and changed...) so I have to add a macro, or
> VBA
>> > application, that will allocate a unique ID from an up-counter
>> > whenever i activate it. The order of the sequence is not mandatory,
>> > but it is important that the numbers will no repeast, even if a
> number
>> > is deleted.
>> >
>> > can anyone help in this?
>> >
>> > regards