Removing Spaces at the End

Below is a code where I allow 31 character max to get the full name of a
person.  My question is this, how do I remove the extra spaces at the end
before the text is placed in MS Word?

Thank you for your help!

' ********Code Begins  ****************

Dim FullName as String
Dim CASELEN as Long
Dim Testname as string
Dim Q as Integer

FullName = CurrentScreenObject.getstring(3, 33, 31)

CASELEN = Len(FullName)
        For Q = 1 To CASELEN
        Testname = Mid(FullName, Q, 1)
        If Testname = " " Then
            FullName = Left(FullName, Q - 1)
            Exit For
        End If
        Next Q

If FullName <> "" Then
                ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("NameBk").Select
                FullName = FullName & ""
                Selection.TypeText FullName & ""
          Else
            End If

VBA has functions named RTrim(), LTrim(), and Trim() that remove white
space from the right end, the left end, and both ends of the string
passed to them as arguments, respectively.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 08:10:01 -0800, NFL
<NFL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Below is a code where I allow 31 character max to get the full name of a
>person.  My question is this, how do I remove the extra spaces at the end
>before the text is placed in MS Word?
>
>Thank you for your help!
>
>' ********Code Begins  ****************
>
>Dim FullName as String
>Dim CASELEN as Long
>Dim Testname as string
>Dim Q as Integer
>
>FullName = CurrentScreenObject.getstring(3, 33, 31)
>
>CASELEN = Len(FullName)
>        For Q = 1 To CASELEN
>        Testname = Mid(FullName, Q, 1)
>        If Testname = " " Then
>            FullName = Left(FullName, Q - 1)
>            Exit For
>        End If
>        Next Q
>
>If FullName <> "" Then
>                ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("NameBk").Select
>                FullName = FullName & ""
>                Selection.TypeText FullName & ""
>          Else
>            End If
0
Jay
2/11/2010 7:31:35 PM
Thank you so much!   That did the trick!

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

> VBA has functions named RTrim(), LTrim(), and Trim() that remove white
> space from the right end, the left end, and both ends of the string
> passed to them as arguments, respectively.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Jay Freedman
> Microsoft Word MVP        FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
> newsgroup so all may benefit.
>

> On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 08:10:01 -0800, NFL
> <NFL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Below is a code where I allow 31 character max to get the full name of a
> >person.  My question is this, how do I remove the extra spaces at the end
> >before the text is placed in MS Word?
> >
> >Thank you for your help!
> >
> >' ********Code Begins  ****************
> >
> >Dim FullName as String
> >Dim CASELEN as Long
> >Dim Testname as string
> >Dim Q as Integer
> >
> >FullName = CurrentScreenObject.getstring(3, 33, 31)
> >
> >CASELEN = Len(FullName)
> >        For Q = 1 To CASELEN
> >        Testname = Mid(FullName, Q, 1)
> >        If Testname = " " Then
> >            FullName = Left(FullName, Q - 1)
> >            Exit For
> >        End If
> >        Next Q
> >
> >If FullName <> "" Then
> >                ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("NameBk").Select
> >                FullName = FullName & ""
> >                Selection.TypeText FullName & ""
> >          Else
> >            End If
> .

Remove Excel Icon ??

Removal

Remove lines with +++

How to Remove SRS

remove Fax from address book?

Removing an item from menu

Need to remove selected characters

Remove deduction code from payroll stub

Cannot view single page, lots of space under the page
Ok I have a 7 page pub 2003 doc. For some reason now when I click on the pages, i am not just stuck on one page, i can scroll down and there is a bunch of extra space. So when I click on print preview, it shows my page, and 3 blank pages. how do i delete those? I have 7 pages complete, but each of them have all this extra space??SO confused! Please help if you can!!!! Sounds like it accidentally got changed to a web publication. From the File menu, click Page Setup and see what it says. -- Computing should be about insight, not numbers or flash. i chaged it back, and it shows a pre...

Removing password protection on a sheet

How to Remove Yahoo toolbar

Problem: SMTP traffic is possible only through back-end Exchange
Hi! We deployed Exchange 2003 (front-end and back-end). Our front-end Exchange is also Exchnage proxy server (for RPC over HTTPS). We use connector (DNS option) and defined only and only front-end Exchange as Bridgehead server in the Exchange organization. Front-End is responsible for all SMTP traffic. We have the problem that not front-end Exchange, but back-end exchnage tries to send mails to external domains. If we send mails to external domains we found out that only back-end Exchange has these mails in its queue. It worked all well until last week. Last week we installed the followi...

CTRL+END not working?
i had a sheet that CTRL+END would take you to AA950, i then deleted a bunch and now the data ends at AA600.. but when i do CTRL+END i still end up at AA950?? i know i can cut and paste to a new worksheet and it then fuctions normally, but does anyone know how to reset the END marker? Thanks frp :) ...

Adding and removing removable drives

Removing Synchronised Contacts
We've a number of client pcs that have been installed with the Outlook Client pointing to a user acceptance test (UAT) system. The Outlook client has synchronized CRM contacts into their Outlook Contacts folder. How can we remove the UAT contacts? I tried to do a Find in Outlook to find the CRM specific contacts, but you don't seem to be able to find the CRM user defined fields? Strange. Any thoughts? You can see the custom CRM fields on an contact view. Choose a contact view that lists the records in a table form, such as 'Phone List'. Then, choose to customize ...

Remove & Reinstall Outlook 2003
Outlook 2003 came bundled in Microsoft Office XP Professional on my new computer. Can anyone tell me how to remove and reinstall Outlook 2003? Thanks. J J Kendel <jkendel2002@yahoo.com> wrote: > Outlook 2003 came bundled in Microsoft Office XP > Professional on my new computer. Really? 2003? Office XP typically includes Outlook 2002. >Can anyone tell me how to remove and reinstall Outlook >2003? Go to Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs. Find Office and click "Change". Remove the Outlook part. Reboot. Go back to that point and add it back in again. -...

how to remove print option in a particular excel file
how to remove print option in a particular excel file You can do this Copy this event in the Thisworkbook module Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Cancel = True End Sub If you want to remove the print icon post back -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "excel" <excel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7859E37-2534-4E83-8F71-B9C3CF5C37BA@microsoft.com... > how to remove print option in a particular excel file ...

Removing BINS
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0072_01CA379C.F0CAF860 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have some thousand of BINS; creating so many problems while doing the = cycle counts because they have zero Qty. on Hand and Zero Beginning = Qty.. when I do the scheduling, I get hundreds of page of report with = zero on hand data. Now as per KB 874145, if there is ZERO on-hand and there is no un-posted = TRX and these bins are not assigned default BINS, these can be deleted. = Guess. No I have use...

User removed from Webport folder access
Hi, Whenever a report is published to Webport, some users would be automatically removed from folders which they have previously been granted access. In every of these cases, we have to delete the user ID, create them again, then assign them to the folders. Does anyone know what's the cause of this problem, and how we can rectify it without having to re-create the user ID, or to prevent this from happening in the first place? We are using Webport 6.5 with Great Plains 7.5 on Windows 2000 SP4. Thanks in advance! ...

Event when removable drived added/removed
Is there an event that I can subscribe to, to get notified when a removable drive is added or removed? Thanks LS "Lloyd Sheen" <a@b.c> wrote in news:#Xols58hKHA.3792@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl: > Is there an event that I can subscribe to, to get notified when a > removable drive is added or removed? Assume all removables are USB today. :-) Start here: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/system/DriveDetector.aspx This is a wrapper project for the Windows libraries that work with these drives. Peace and Grace, -- Gregory A. Beamer (MVP) Twitter...

OWA Front End issues
I have searched and searched to no avail for solutions to these problems, but none seem to be right for my situation: I have a FE/BE Exchange 2003 SP2 installation. FE is running Standard on a Win2K3 SP1 box, BE is running Enterprise on a Win2K3 SP1 box. These are completely fresh installations in a brand new Exchange environment (no upgrades from anything). When logging into OWA (through the FE server using "https://") using the Premium client, I get the eternal "Loading..." and the icons are not functional. I know there have been numerous postings about compression an...