Find and replace text thats not wdAlignParagraphCenter alignment

Im trying to make a macro that set alignment on all text to
wdAlignParagraphJustify, except text that is wdAlignParagraphCenter.

Right now i have this:
    With ActiveDocument.Content.Find
        .ClearFormatting
        .ParagraphFormat.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphRight
        With .Replacement
            .ClearFormatting
            .ParagraphFormat.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphJustify
        End With
        .Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll
    End With
    With ActiveDocument.Content.Find
        .ClearFormatting
        .ParagraphFormat.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphLeft
        With .Replacement
            .ClearFormatting
            .ParagraphFormat.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphJustify
        End With
        .Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll
    End With

This works, but I was hoping for a better solution since there apparently
exists alot more alignment constants then those two.
ActiveDocument.Content.Find.ParagraphFormat.Alignment <>
wdAlignParagraphCenter
doesnt work.

/Niels

How about

Dim oPara As Paragraph
For Each oPara In ActiveDocument.Range.Paragraphs
    If oPara.Alignment <> wdAlignParagraphCenter Then
        oPara.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphJustify
    End If
Next oPara

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Tilds" <Tilds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Im trying to make a macro that set alignment on all text to
> wdAlignParagraphJustify, except text that is wdAlignParagraphCenter.
>
> Right now i have this:
>    With ActiveDocument.Content.Find
>        .ClearFormatting
>        .ParagraphFormat.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphRight
>        With .Replacement
>            .ClearFormatting
>            .ParagraphFormat.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphJustify
>        End With
>        .Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll
>    End With
>    With ActiveDocument.Content.Find
>        .ClearFormatting
>        .ParagraphFormat.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphLeft
>        With .Replacement
>            .ClearFormatting
>            .ParagraphFormat.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphJustify
>        End With
>        .Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll
>    End With
>
> This works, but I was hoping for a better solution since there apparently
> exists alot more alignment constants then those two.
> ActiveDocument.Content.Find.ParagraphFormat.Alignment <>
> wdAlignParagraphCenter
> doesnt work.
>
> /Niels

0
Graham
5/25/2010 12:53:19 PM
On further reflection it will probably be necessary to refresh the screen to
show the changes immediately, thus

Dim oPara As Paragraph
For Each oPara In ActiveDocument.Range.Paragraphs
    If oPara.Alignment <> wdAlignParagraphCenter Then
        oPara.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphJustify
    End If
Next oPara
Application.ScreenRefresh

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
> How about
>
> Dim oPara As Paragraph
> For Each oPara In ActiveDocument.Range.Paragraphs
>    If oPara.Alignment <> wdAlignParagraphCenter Then
>        oPara.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphJustify
>    End If
> Next oPara
>

> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "Tilds" <Tilds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Im trying to make a macro that set alignment on all text to
>> wdAlignParagraphJustify, except text that is wdAlignParagraphCenter.
>>
>> Right now i have this:
>>    With ActiveDocument.Content.Find
>>        .ClearFormatting
>>        .ParagraphFormat.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphRight
>>        With .Replacement
>>            .ClearFormatting
>>            .ParagraphFormat.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphJustify
>>        End With
>>        .Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll
>>    End With
>>    With ActiveDocument.Content.Find
>>        .ClearFormatting
>>        .ParagraphFormat.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphLeft
>>        With .Replacement
>>            .ClearFormatting
>>            .ParagraphFormat.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphJustify
>>        End With
>>        .Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll
>>    End With
>>
>> This works, but I was hoping for a better solution since there apparently
>> exists alot more alignment constants then those two.
>> ActiveDocument.Content.Find.ParagraphFormat.Alignment <>
>> wdAlignParagraphCenter
>> doesnt work.
>>
>> /Niels

0
Graham
5/25/2010 1:02:38 PM
That works great! ScreenRefresh wasn't even necessary.
Thank you very much, now it should work for all alignments.

/Niels

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

> On further reflection it will probably be necessary to refresh the screen to
> show the changes immediately, thus
>
> Dim oPara As Paragraph
> For Each oPara In ActiveDocument.Range.Paragraphs
>     If oPara.Alignment <> wdAlignParagraphCenter Then
>         oPara.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphJustify
>     End If
> Next oPara
> Application.ScreenRefresh
>

> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
> > How about
> >
> > Dim oPara As Paragraph
> > For Each oPara In ActiveDocument.Range.Paragraphs
> >    If oPara.Alignment <> wdAlignParagraphCenter Then
> >        oPara.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphJustify
> >    End If
> > Next oPara
> >

> > --
> > <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> > Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
> >
> > My web site www.gmayor.com
> > Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> > <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> >

> > "Tilds" <Tilds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> Im trying to make a macro that set alignment on all text to
> >> wdAlignParagraphJustify, except text that is wdAlignParagraphCenter.
> >>
> >> Right now i have this:
> >>    With ActiveDocument.Content.Find
> >>        .ClearFormatting
> >>        .ParagraphFormat.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphRight
> >>        With .Replacement
> >>            .ClearFormatting
> >>            .ParagraphFormat.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphJustify
> >>        End With
> >>        .Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll
> >>    End With
> >>    With ActiveDocument.Content.Find
> >>        .ClearFormatting
> >>        .ParagraphFormat.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphLeft
> >>        With .Replacement
> >>            .ClearFormatting
> >>            .ParagraphFormat.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphJustify
> >>        End With
> >>        .Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll
> >>    End With
> >>
> >> This works, but I was hoping for a better solution since there apparently
> >> exists alot more alignment constants then those two.
> >> ActiveDocument.Content.Find.ParagraphFormat.Alignment <>
> >> wdAlignParagraphCenter
> >> doesnt work.
> >>
> >> /Niels
> >

> .

Two CListBoxes alignment
Hi, there, I am using two CListBoxes control to show two sets of files. When I click on one file of control A, I want the file with the same index of control B also highlighted. And when I slide the scroll bar of control A, the view of control B should also be changed to show the same view. Is this possible? And if it is, what the methods and events should I use? Thanks lot in advance! Gary Lets assume that both listboxes have the same information. I would catch the scroll message (WM_VSCROLL) of the listboxes, when I a scroll happened, I get the top index of the listbox, and set t...

PLEASE HELP! How to extract information in inbox/sentbox into a text file #2
Can any one tell me how to extract the information of new mails in m inbox/sentbox, including the sender name, message subject and messag time, into a text file ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Find Duplicate names and delate

Help with text function
I need a function to help return the first name of a text sting that contains last name,first name, midlle initial. For instance for "Walker,Catrina L" I need to return "Catrina" Terrence Are you absolutely, positively certain that EVERY text string contains the sequence LastName, FirstName MiddleInitial? Cher, for example, ... .... or Jean Claude van Damm .... or Billy Bob Thorton If you can, without question, state that every text string has a single comma in it, placed between the LastName and FirstName (hmmm, what about John Doe, Jr. ... ...

Exporting to a text file
How to export an Access query to a text file without the column heading? The query consists of single column and is used to import to an accounting system. Thanks. Cannot be done with the built-in TransferText action / method. You'd need to open a text file via VBA code and write the query's records (one at a time) into that file. If interested, post back and I'll provide some sample code. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Paul" <paul_mak@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:O$MxJCPlHHA.1244@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How to export an Access quer...

Publisher cuts off text from word file that I am pasting into tex.
What does "Type your message here" mean to you? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm Let me guess the question... You paste Word text into a Publisher text box and it doesn't fit. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "DeborahKB" <DeborahKB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F29CD723-545B-4A7C-8ACA-DD5092DCE101@microsoft.com... > Ooooooooh, Mary...

Finding a Median

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Node.text
Hi Making the switch to .net from VB6, and I noticed that the XMLNode object does not expose a text property. How do I write the text value of an element(vb6 - nod.Text = ....)? BTW I have googled may different combinations, and finding an answer to this is harder than it looks. I promise I am not being lazy Thanks Have you tried the InnerText property? -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Newbie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8EA21AC9-EE85-4C45-9D3F-C1BD4975D36D@microsoft.com... > Hi, &g...

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Let's pick a replacement for this (Access) newsgroup 2
There were two big threads on the original 6/1/10 post in the General Questions and New User sections. The gist of the original post was: Folks have recommended various sites to replace this (Access) newsgroup for when poor-listener Microsoft drops it. Why don't we pick a replacement to give it the "critical mass" to fully replace this one? If interested, please respond to this with your recommendation. Also, if you feel like it, in case this goes dead, send me an email with your email address at North9000 at gmail dot com and I'll try to collect / send out...

Find (but not find)

Replacing data in Pivot Table causes Field name change
Good morning, I have a pivot table report that uses about 1200 rows of data on a neighboring page. Today I produced new monthly data and pasted it on top of the old data. When I do this the report's left most column field names all change from FieldName to FieldName2. When I look in the drop down box for that field it seems to have duplicated the fields when I pasted the new data. I'm able to work around it by changing the displayed lables from FieldName2 to FieldName"space""space". I can't change to just FieldName because that is already in use. M...

Finding an event

message with RTF in outbox disables rich text control?
i develop a VAR application that sends emails on behalf of the user (using outlook automation usually via outlook redemption). An increasing number of customers are coming up with an error (0x8000405 unspecified error) when same program tries to instantiate a richtext object while emails are still in the outbox (or in drafts folder). Or at least that is my initial diagnosis. The richtext component seems fine. It was used to create the message body of the original email and that email is sent ok. Subsequent attempts to use the richtext control will work once the outbox is ...

cannot find database

Unlocking A Grid For Moving Text Around In A Chart: How, Please ?
Hello: Using MS Excel 97 SR-1 Guess this dates me pretty well,m but it does most everything I want. When making a graph, I sometimes put text notes in the graph. The text seems to be locking itself to a pre-ordained Grid. Is there any way to eliminate this grid locking, so I can move the text smoothly to where I want it ? Thanks, Bob Not sure if it is in Excel 97, but on the drawing toolbar in later versions there is an option 'snap to grid'. see if this helps -- John MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003 Please reply & rate any replies you get Ice Hocke...

WinFax replacement
I wrote an Access app years ago for a client and it uses WinFax pro to send out invoices. They need to upgrade but WinFax is gone thanks to the wisdom (LOL) of Symantec. Does anyone know of a good replacement that can be referenced from vba and will allow us to send out Access reports? Thanks, Keith I'm moving this to the microsoft.public.access newsgroup. There's not enough activity here for this to get any attention. If you see this here and have an answer, please answer it there. Thanks. "Keith G Hicks" <krh@comcast.net> wrote in messag...

Can I place visible text in cell that won't print
Is it possible for me to place text in some cells where I can see the text but that will not print when my sheet is printed. I am aware of the comment feature that becomes visible when the mouse hovers over the small red symbol. I would like to be able to see what is in the cell without having to hover the mouse over each cell to see a comment. Is this possible? Thank you for any direction here. Jerry There are a few possible solutions. One is to use the comment as you noted, but you can have them always display even without the mouse hovering over it by using Tools/Options/View and se...

Trapping a NO FIND after a find

How do I find the out of office reply?