Text Effects Scrolling or Blinking text

  • Follow

How do apply the scroll or blinking feature to text that you want to
emphasize in a word document.  Prior to MS2007 there was a feature on the
fonts tab that allowed a user to apply the following features to text
"marching ants, blinking text, scrolling marquee, etc.  I cannot find the any
of these features anywhere in Word 2007.  "HELP"
0
Reply Utf 2/9/2010 1:16:01 AM

There is no direct access to them, but they are still available by macro

I posted the following macro recently, for use in Word 2007

Sub AnimateFont()
Dim sAnimation As String
If Len(Selection.Range) = 0 Then
    MsgBox "Select text first!", vbCritical, "No Text Selected"
    Exit Sub
End If
sAnimation = InputBox("Which animation? Enter the number: " & vbCr & _
            "   1. Blinking Background" & vbCr & _
            "   2. Las Vegas Lights" & vbCr & _
            "   3. Marching Black Ants" & vbCr & _
            "   4. Marching Red Ants" & vbCr & _
            "   5. Shimmer" & vbCr & _
            "   6. Sparkle Text" & vbCr & _
            "   0. None", "Font animation")
    Select Case sAnimation
        Case 1: Selection.Font.Animation = wdAnimationBlinkingBackground
        Case 2: Selection.Font.Animation = wdAnimationLasVegasLights
        Case 3: Selection.Font.Animation = wdAnimationMarchingBlackAnts
        Case 4: Selection.Font.Animation = wdAnimationMarchingRedAnts
        Case 5: Selection.Font.Animation = wdAnimationShimmer
        Case 6: Selection.Font.Animation = wdAnimationSparkleText
        Case 0: Selection.Font.Animation = wdAnimationNone
        Case Else:
    End Select
End Sub

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Shane" <Shane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do apply the scroll or blinking feature to text that you want to
> emphasize in a word document.  Prior to MS2007 there was a feature on the
> fonts tab that allowed a user to apply the following features to text
> "marching ants, blinking text, scrolling marquee, etc.  I cannot find the
> any
> of these features anywhere in Word 2007.  "HELP"

5
Reply Graham 2/9/2010 7:19:41 AM

(page loaded in 0.102 seconds)

Reply: