Text Effects Scrolling or Blinking text

Follow
Email
How do apply the scroll or blinking feature to text that you want to
emphasize in a word document.  Prior to MS2007 there was a feature on the
fonts tab that allowed a user to apply the following features to text
"marching ants, blinking text, scrolling marquee, etc.  I cannot find the any
of these features anywhere in Word 2007.  "HELP"
1
Reply Utf 2/9/2010 1:16:01 AM

There is no direct access to them, but they are still available by macro

I posted the following macro recently, for use in Word 2007

Sub AnimateFont()
Dim sAnimation As String
If Len(Selection.Range) = 0 Then
    MsgBox "Select text first!", vbCritical, "No Text Selected"
    Exit Sub
End If
sAnimation = InputBox("Which animation? Enter the number: " & vbCr & _
            "   1. Blinking Background" & vbCr & _
            "   2. Las Vegas Lights" & vbCr & _
            "   3. Marching Black Ants" & vbCr & _
            "   4. Marching Red Ants" & vbCr & _
            "   5. Shimmer" & vbCr & _
            "   6. Sparkle Text" & vbCr & _
            "   0. None", "Font animation")
    Select Case sAnimation
        Case 1: Selection.Font.Animation = wdAnimationBlinkingBackground
        Case 2: Selection.Font.Animation = wdAnimationLasVegasLights
        Case 3: Selection.Font.Animation = wdAnimationMarchingBlackAnts
        Case 4: Selection.Font.Animation = wdAnimationMarchingRedAnts
        Case 5: Selection.Font.Animation = wdAnimationShimmer
        Case 6: Selection.Font.Animation = wdAnimationSparkleText
        Case 0: Selection.Font.Animation = wdAnimationNone
        Case Else:
    End Select
End Sub

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Shane" <Shane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do apply the scroll or blinking feature to text that you want to
> emphasize in a word document.  Prior to MS2007 there was a feature on the
> fonts tab that allowed a user to apply the following features to text
> "marching ants, blinking text, scrolling marquee, etc.  I cannot find the
> any
> of these features anywhere in Word 2007.  "HELP"

4
Reply Graham 2/9/2010 7:19:41 AM
Follow
Email

TEXT = text

Selecting text in a document

CScrollView and text height

Text Boxes on Charts not showing up

Ranking Numbers with Text

Null in text box

Re: Using Text Styles

Logical Test: Text Against Number 01-05-10

Text in Cell as Formula #2

Plain text warning/ VS2005
Whenever I add a CRecordset derived class, I get an error telling me the password for the DB is sent in "plain text" and is not secure etc. I comment that line out, but how much of a security risk is this? What can I do with my Access database to avoid this? VC 6.0 never gave this error... tia b If you are on any kind of network that anyone can look at, you are wide open for attack. Example, a University network; potentially, ever student can be running a packet sniffer and see your password. Anything that passes acros the Internet outside your local intranet is also vuln...

Rotate text?
Office(publisher) 2K. Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? L. Not if it's part of the sentence rather than being a separate text box. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "L." <ofallon12320@yahoo1.com> wrote in message news:%23TBzesS9FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Office(publisher) 2K. > > Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? > > L. > > Thanks for the info. L. "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:U46dnd7PfZ5CTBHenZ2dnUVZ_sidnZ2d@suscom....

shading behind text
I would like to place white text within a box of gray shading. When I use the 'background' function, it shades the entire document. How do I limit the background to a line of text? thanks Ken Depending on your preference I can think of at least 3 ways, but they all may not be available to you... or instructions may vary. It depends on what version of Word you're using & you haven't even indicated whether it's Windows or Mac. Since you posted to the Mac Word group I'll assume you're using a Mac version & further that it is the most current (2008):...

How to get the text of each selection?
Hi, Dear All We can use Ctrl key and mouse to multi-select range in a document, but if somebody could tell me how to get the text of each selection? Cheers! osen Sorry, it is not really possible. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=288424. The closest you can come is to use Selection.Copy, then open a new blank document and paste. The individual pieces will be separated by paragraph marks, but you can't distinguish between those and any paragraph marks that might have been in the middle of some pieces. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FA...

Further Info on changing text in one cell to to criteria of another.
I have a workbook that charts the progress of my clients. One of m cells automatically determines their age, and when they become olde than six, I need another cell's text to automatically change to "AO (standing for "Aged Out" of my program). I cannot us the functio =IF(A1>6,"AO"," ") because I already have the clients status imputed i that cell. I need it to be a type of conditional formatting or VB cod so that it will automatically change once the reach 6. I have attache an example of my workbook. It has a VB code that changes the row colo based on ...

Text Search in for the field of memo does not workd
hello, Here is my VBA, but does not work for text search in my textbox search. Private Sub Txtcari_AfterUpdate() Dim strSQL As String strFilter = "([Nota] LIKE """ & "*" & Me.Txtcari & "*" & """)" Me.Filter = strFilter Me.FilterOn = True CurrentDb.Execute strSQL, dbFailOnError End Sub Thanks in advance for your help. -- H. Frank Situmorang You've declared strSQL, and you attempt to use its content with the Execute method, but you haven't assigned anything to it. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access M...

Current Year to display in text
Is there a way to get the current year to display in a title if there is other text with it? For example: I have a sheet with the following text in it: 2011 Benefit Time I'm looking for a way have just the year update itself at the change of the new year so when someone opens a blank form in 2012, it will read 2012 Benefit Time Again, the title is all in once cell with it centered. I would rather not place the date in the cell by itself. Is there a way to insert just a date prior to text inside a cell? Or Is there an insert date option like in MS word? Hi Gadgetman, Am Thu, 23 ...

Cropping text from a number
Hi I am doing a staight comparisions of two numbers in two different cells (a percentage increase) However one of the numbers I am using has an asterisk on the left hand end of the number. Obviously excel cannot calculate the increase given it is not redaing the cell as a number. How can I right a formula so that excell does not read the asterisk rather only the number any help would be appreciated Hi Matt! You could set up an extra column to the right of the offending numbers and use: Data > Text to Columns Or you could set up and extra column and parse the offending numbers ...

How do I wrap text in a text box around another text box
I'm creating a newsletter with columns. I have a horizontal text box with the article title. I want the vertical column at the same height as the top of the horizontal column. Right now the text in the vertical column is going through some of the horizontal box. I want it to wrap. I've tried to selecting "square" for each of the two boxes wrapping style. Nothing changes. How do I get the text to wrap around the horizontal text box? I'm using Publisher 2003 I found a way around this by copying another textbox from the template that was apprently already set ...

Text Box within a Text Box
I am creating a brochure and want to put a testimonial (text box) in within a services text box. I would like the text in the services text box to continue to flow around the testimonial text box. How do I make this work? THANKS, MEG Right-click the services text box, format text box, layout tab, select square or tight. Be certain the testimonial text box is in front. Actually it should flow around automatically. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "MEG" <MEG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

How to get all the texts on all type controls in form?
I want to make the multi-languages program, want to get all texts of each control item in a form, then read the XML file (Control Name and Text) to write to the text of control, and have wrote some codes, but seem that it's complicated. Can anyone tell easy method or sample? thank you. ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// Public Shared Sub AllControlOnForm(ByVal FormName As Form, ByVal xPath As String, Optional ByVal ToolTipName As ToolTip = Nothing) Try Dim ReturnValue As String = GetXMLText(xPat...