table of contents using roman numbers

How can I make a table of contents page using Roman numerals?  It doesn't
appear to work under page numbers as I only want to use Roman numerals on one
page, the content page.

See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NumberingFrontMatter.htm (Word 2003 and
earlier), or http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/front_matter_2007.htm,
as appropriate.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"vwlover" <vwlover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I make a table of contents page using Roman numerals?  It doesn't
> appear to work under page numbers as I only want to use Roman numerals on
> one
> page, the content page.

0
Suzanne
3/4/2010 6:25:28 PM
You'll need to add a section break and then specify a different page number
format for the first section (where the table of contents resides). See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/NumberingFrontMatter.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"vwlover" <vwlover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I make a table of contents page using Roman numerals?  It doesn't
> appear to work under page numbers as I only want to use Roman numerals on
> one
> page, the content page.

0
Stefan

CFileDialog Remembers Last Directory Used
CFileDialog remembers the last directory used by the application the next time the application is run. I believe this is new for 2000 and XP but did not exist for 4.0. I know there is a way to set directory prior to running running the CFileDialog but I am using CWinApp::OnFileOpen and don't want to override all of the code that goes with it. So it there an easy way to set the current directory for the app so the CFileDialog uses it for the default? Look at the lpstrInitialDir member of OPENFILENAME. "Neal Conrardy" <NealConrardyREMOVETHIS@coxANDTHIS.net> wrote...

Copy data from on table to another ?
I have lost a lot of data in my backend, but it is only data from a few columns, in one tabel, that I have lost. My tabel is called taCustemor, and the columns in that table is called fakFirm, fakAdress. I have use a custemornumber as a primarykey. So now I want to copy only these columns from my backup of the backend to my backend in use. I'm sure that I can do this buy using SQL, but I'm not sure how to make this querie. Can some one out there help me ? You want to use an append query. See Help file for info. In the database where you want the data to be when you're done, ...

How do I add and then rename a worksheet using a macro?
When I try to rename a new worksheet in a macro, it will make the worksheet but will not rename it.............. and gives an error because the new worksheet has a different sheet number than the one the macro just made.... All I want to do is compile a macro that makes a new worksheet and will rename that sheet a different name. . . . . . . . Jerry, The inserted worksheet will be the active sheet after the insert, so after inserting it, you can write: ActiveSheet.Name = "New Sheet" -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ----------------------------...

pivot table again
i have a range of fields in a pivot table some are qty others are value how can i split the table into two seperate sections one showing qty and the other showing values (if that makes sense) If your quantities and values are in the same column, you'd need to use a "helper column" that differetiates them (Qty vs Amt) Then you can include that field in the pivot table before tha field containing the quantities and amounts. Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP "max power" wrote: > i have a range of fields in a pivot table some are qty other...

Data table in chart?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01A9_01C69782.28506D60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have some line chart portraying responses to 20 items. I would like to put a table under each chart the shows the value of not = only the responses that are charted but also the percentage difference = between the two. My problem and the question is that if I use the 'data table' option in = creating the chart the row with the difference is not there. Then if I = try to paste a table under ...

Combobox for Table, From Table
Hi, The online help function tells me I cant make a combobox which finds its entries from a table and stores its entries in the same table. I want users to be able to enter areas where clients live. The combobox needs to fill the Area column in the appropriate table. But I want the combobox to be filled with previous entries from the same column, with the provision that a new entry can be made. The project is expanding thats why I need this. Or do I need to make an extra table with areas that can be filled with a separate command, which is then used as a source for the com...

Landscape Table on Portrait Page
Is it possible to create a landscape table on a portrait page, i.e. a page with a normal portrait header and footer? I am aware that one can change the text direction of each cell in the table to simulate a landscape table, but I would like to know if there is not an easier way. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/LandscapeSection.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Johann Swart" <JohannSwart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1119FBC3-2001-48C7-B02E-07D85C7F444E@mic...

Going Nuts with Selecting the Value of List Box using an unbound TextBox
I'm a big fan of supplying users with a means to select a value in a list box by manually entering it since it gives them a better overall experience. The code below was copied as-is from a form that has an unbound text box and an unbound list box. When the value is entered in the text box, it successfully sets the value of the list box and selects the appropriate item in the list box. However, I've copied it as-is to a new form and while I've changed the form & control names appropriately, its not friggin' selecting the item in the list box. I have confirm...

Where is tables in reports
Is there anyway to get tables into reports? If there is none then is there a work around. The forms I have to make use many block cells. In word tables makes things easy. ...

credit card number encryption
Does anyone know if credit card numbers are encrypted at the db level in GP 9? Thanks, Rob Wuhrman -- Robert Wuhrman Certified CRM Master Certified Great Plains Professional No, they are not. Look to Nodus Technologies for some good credit card processing solutions. "Rob Wuhrman" wrote: > Does anyone know if credit card numbers are encrypted at the db level > in GP 9? > > Thanks, > Rob Wuhrman > > > > -- > Robert Wuhrman > Certified CRM Master > Certified Great Plains Professional > > ...

vlookup -- converting numbers to text
I have a report (worksheet) that stores my "item numbers" that look like numbers as numbers. I have another report (worksheet) that stores all item numbers as text. I am trying to do a vlookup from the first report to the second report but I am having problems converting the number to text. For example, if the item number is 1202.01, I am trying to do the following: vlookup(text(B2,"0.00"),Lookup,2,false) where B2=1202.01 stored as a number. "Lookup" is a named range where the first column is the item number which is stored as text. This is returning...

Ensuring only one commission per product in Access Table
Good afternoon, Please can someone help me. In my Access Database I have a table called tblCommission, with the fields: Commission_ID;Client_account; Product_code; Commission; Exchange (£ or $) I need a method to ensure that each client can have a commission set for every product - but that a client cant have to commission's for one product: eg: I need a method to prevent this: Comm_ID Client_account Product_code Commission Exchange 1 000001 Coke 3 $ 2 000001 Coke ...

Using atl based win dll with CString functions from the mfc projec

Table Expert
When a case is resolved, there is a dropdown to select the amount of "Billable Time" for the case. I have searched tables but cannot find where this data is stored. Is there anyone that know the schema where this data is kept? Bryon, When you resolve a case, the resolution screen fields are added into the activity table as a resolution type of activity. The Billable Time value appears in the TimeSpent field. (While building my auditing application, VAST, I've had to become much more of a CRM schema expert that I ever wanted to be - by the way, you can see these reso...

Recreating HR tables
I've been having some problems with HR. I've had to create some tables so the program would run. I simply copied the tables from another compagnie where is was saying I had missing tables. I'm wondering if there is a list of Tables for HR and Canadian Payroll or if it were possible to recreate these missing tables another way? I currently have this error as well: Could not find stored procedure 'Compagnie.dbo.hrCompDoesHrCompExist' ...

How do you create a table with a shaded header in Word 2007 or 201
Hi.. Can anybody tell me, how you create a table, and then shade the first row in it to something like gray, then set the grid lines to gray or something, and maybe set the alignment in it to centered... This is 2007 or 2010, not 2003 in which it was possible to do so. Thanks. Select the first row of the table and then right click with the mouse and select Borders and shading. For the alignment, select and right click and select Cell alignment -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting ba...

Using Sum for database data
I have a sql query that imports data from a MySQL database. When the data is brought into Excel I can't sum the numbers. Without all of the details, I'm guessing that the SUM equates to zero. If that is true, the values may be text that appear to be numbers. Try this to correct the problem: 1)Put a 1 in a blank cell and select that cell 2)Edit>Copy 3)Select the imported values 4)Edit>Paste Special --Select Multiply --Select Values Click the [OK] button. Does that resolve the problem? -- Regards, Ron "jnorton" wrote: > I have a sql query that imports data ...

Public Folder Content Tab Error
In 2003 Exchange Admin, when you select the content tab on a public folder, it brings up an SSL certificate error (SSL is installed on the server for OWA). Is it trying to use IE to view it? Thanks. You only need to enable SSL on the Exchange virtual directory, sounds like you have it enabled on the Public directory as well, remove SSL from the Public virtual directory and see if that fixes it. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Randy Faulkner" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1877901c44b...

Pivot table subtotals 100% #2
This is what I am aiming for but how can I get 100% in subtotals for first year and the increase %age for the second and subsequent year please 2002 2003 Apples excellent 15 22.72% 16 24.23% good 21 31.82% 25 37.88% poor 30 46.46% 39 60.39% 66 100% 80 122.5% Greens excellent 12 17.65% 37 54.42% good 27 39.70% 51 74.98% poor 29 42.65% 47 69.12% ...

Replace more characters using replace
Hi I have number of characters in a string, that I like to replace with "nothing". I use a code like this: Sub test() Dim a As String a = "Jan+& Per" a = Replace(a, " ", "") a = Replace(a, "&", "") a = Replace(a, "+", "") MsgBox a End Sub As I have about 15 characters, that all should be replaced with nothing, I am looking ofr another way to it. Something like Sub test() Dim a As String a = "Jan+& Per" a = Replace(a, {" ",...

Table info
In Vendor Maintenance window , there are multiple Address ID's. In which table i can find this information. Great Plains 7.5 Thanks in advance Deepwater, PM00300 holds all the address information for each address ID. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html "Deepwater" <Deepwater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9296B22-2B44-4D64-9E3C-DC5FE4B07028@microsoft.com... > In Vendor Maintenance window , there are multiple Address ID's. In which > table i can find this...

How do I use UML with Visio
I am trying to figure out the way to use UML in visio. I have Visio 2003 SP1 installed in XP? File > New > Software > UML Model Diagram "asafbu" wrote: > I am trying to figure out the way to use UML in visio. I have Visio 2003 SP1 > installed in XP? ... assuming that you have the Pro or EA edition... "wolfv" <wolfv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9246EF85-9ED9-423B-AE96-1A6B0D3D6715@microsoft.com... > File > New > Software > UML Model Diagram > > "asafbu" wrote: > >> I am trying to figure ou...

Extender tables #2
Hello! We are implementing an integration from Microsoft CRM into Microsoft Great Plains and this would include writing CRM fields to Extender Fields. Are there any available SDK's for Extender or maybe any table lists? Thanks, Andi Saldana There are but I think only partners can get them. Please send me a message and I'll send you what I have. "Andi Saldana" wrote: > Hello! > > We are implementing an integration from Microsoft CRM into Microsoft Great > Plains and this would include writing CRM fields to Extender Fields. Are > there any avai...

Pivot Table Axis format
Hi. I have a macro that creates a pivot-table and pivot chart. The X-axis is a date. In the raw data, the date is formated as month/day. This is the way I want it on the chart. However, the X-axis formats with month/day/year. How can I force this to display correctly? Thanks, Mike. Do you see a grey little dropdown under the X axis (where you can choose your dates to show)? If yes, then rightclick on it. Select the top option: "Format pivotchart field" then click on the Number button on the next dialog. There are a bunch of date formats that you can choose from. Maybe...

How to get Outlook to use the OE standalone Newsreader
I have posted this to 4 Outlook newsgroups for advice and tips after searching Google thoroughly without much luck, so I apologise if its been asked before. I have recently started using Outlook 2003, migrating from OE and want to be able to have a shortcut to the standalone OE Newsreader so I can access the window from within Outlook when its running. I have put the /outnews switch on my shortcut to OE so it starts when I launch the shortcut but I want to be able to launch it from within Outlook rather than going to my shortcut on the desktop. I have no Goto > Newsgroups in the View men...