table of contents using roman numbers

  • Follow

How can I make a table of contents page using Roman numerals?  It doesn't
appear to work under page numbers as I only want to use Roman numerals on one
page, the content page.
0
Reply Utf 3/4/2010 5:27:01 PM

See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NumberingFrontMatter.htm (Word 2003 and
earlier), or http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/front_matter_2007.htm,
as appropriate.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"vwlover" <vwlover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I make a table of contents page using Roman numerals?  It doesn't
> appear to work under page numbers as I only want to use Roman numerals on
> one
> page, the content page.

0
Reply Suzanne 3/4/2010 6:25:28 PM

You'll need to add a section break and then specify a different page number
format for the first section (where the table of contents resides). See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/NumberingFrontMatter.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"vwlover" <vwlover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I make a table of contents page using Roman numerals?  It doesn't
> appear to work under page numbers as I only want to use Roman numerals on
> one
> page, the content page.

0
Reply Stefan 3/4/2010 6:31:19 PM