Print A5 pages on A4

I produce a small booklet for our church. I've tried publisher, but it seems
to work a bit easier in Word with the A4 page set up as 2 columns to represnt
the A5 pages. The booklet has several sections, each of which fit nicely in 1
A5 page.  Once it is created, with each A4 page holding two A5 pages, it
prints duplex OK.
The problem arise in editing the pages for the next issue.  If I exceed the
A5 size, all following pages are sti]uffed up too.

Is it possible to actually set the page size to be A5 in Word, but have it
combine each odd & even page into one A4 page?  Then print correctly?
If so, how do I set that up?

Regards

Doug
--
Doug

If you have Word 2002 or above, you can use the "Book fold" feature (under
"Multiple pages" on the Margins tab of Page Setup). Or, for any version, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/BookletPrinting.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I produce a small booklet for our church. I've tried publisher, but it
>seems
> to work a bit easier in Word with the A4 page set up as 2 columns to
> represnt
> the A5 pages. The booklet has several sections, each of which fit nicely
> in 1
> A5 page.  Once it is created, with each A4 page holding two A5 pages, it
> prints duplex OK.
> The problem arise in editing the pages for the next issue.  If I exceed
> the
> A5 size, all following pages are sti]uffed up too.
>
> Is it possible to actually set the page size to be A5 in Word, but have it
> combine each odd & even page into one A4 page?  Then print correctly?
> If so, how do I set that up?
>
> Regards
>
> Doug
> --
> Doug

0
Suzanne

printing copies

Ghosted print and print preview

Print Dynamic Range

TCP/IP printing

Printing booklet

Drawing Page Orientation Doesn't Match Printer Paper Orientation #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC The thumbnail preview shows that the drawing page orientation doesn't match the printer paper orientation. I can not get the page orientation to match. When I change it to letter, I can see the document change to landscape. When I change the page orientation to landscape, it changes the document to portrait. The two will not be the same. This is in Word 2008, it also happened in an older version of Word. Help, what do I do? ...

Check printing in GP 7.0

"Tiled" print setting.

CHtmlView and Printing

Problems with printing

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

Printing in Vista

How do you customize the 'Print View'?

Save as Web Page #3
Each time I save my workbook as an Excel workbook, I need to Save As a Web Page, so that the information is available on the company intranet. Is there a way I can automate this, so that instead of clicking Save, then clicking Save As Web Page, and navigating to the web folder, then closing the web page version, and re-opening the excel version to continue my work, can I run a macro, or something a bit less cumbersome? Couldn't you record a macro when you do it once manually. Then just replay that macro when you need to do it again (and again and again). File|SaveAs|webpage foll...

Printing problem

tabbed property pages on wizard based sheet.
I have a wizard based property sheet. There are 3 pages in it. On the 3rd page, I want to have different tabbed property pages. Is it possible? I don't understand your question. Your sheet has three tabs on it. When the third tab is active, what is it that you are wanting to do to the tabs (i.e., change their text)? "vadi" <vadiraj_br@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1c6174f7.0310090331.17e9cb6@posting.google.com... > I have a wizard based property sheet. There are 3 pages in it. On the > 3rd page, I want to have different tabbed property pages. Is it > possibl...

Print a report without displaying print preview
Hi, Please can someone tell me in a really basic way how can I print a report WITHOUT it also previewing. I'm using 2007 I have several forms which have a print button ( created with the command button wizard, report operations, print report, then relevant report is chosen to print). This works great, and prints the relevant report for the the associated record, however when you click the print button it also displays the print preview and doesn't close it again. This means that until the preview is closed the same thing keeps printing when the button is clicked....

Currency to Print
Is there a way to set up the defaut "Currency To Print:" to Originating when printe the Invoice from the Sales Batch ID. There is no problem to print the Invoice from Sales transaction Entry, because the default Currency was set using Originating. Thanks, Kevin, Yes. When you select the Print icon in Sales Batch, print options window will open where you specify Originating in Print currency in Dropdown. This should work the same way as printing invoice from sales transaction entry -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Kevin Zhou" wro...

Printing clips the side of the document words
Hello, I've just installed all the updates for Windows XP that were required and others also and have Office 2003 with Outlook 2003. I've tried to print an email message and the words in the narrative are clipped on the right and left margins. The "TO" "FROM" "SUBJECT" and all the other header information is aligned correctly and the problem is only with the main text portion. When I print regular WORD documents, I don't have this problem and my printer can print directly to the edge of the paper (Laser). The formatting is coming from Outlook a...

Slowing Printing with Publisher & Merged Database
I am doing a newsletter that prints out customers addresses by pulling them off an Excel spreadsheet. I have about 1200 records in the spreadsheet. As the printer runs, it prints out each newsletter with one customers address and then moves down to the next record. The problem I am having is that it takes an extremely and I mean extremely long time to print. 10 copies takes about 15 to 20 minutes. My Publisher file is about seven megabytes. I am using Publisher 2003 and Windows XP Pro SP2 printing to a Xerox 3535 creo Spire. The Spire shows the file as being 900 MB for each 100...

Printing
Hi, I have a custom list control (base class is not CListCtrl but simply CWnd). I need to implement printing. I once created a whole printing function for a standard CListCtrl, by making complete custom drawing routines to take data out of the list control and draw it onto a printer DC. However, I have seen how "Custom Grid Control" and other controls can somehow simply map the screen (including icons and everything) onto the printer.. it's not simply a screen print obviously, because it adapts to the printer resolution, but I do wonder if there isn't just a standard print...

Printing on banner paper
Hi, I have an HP1220C printer, and am running Publisher 2000 on Windows 98. I would like to print on HP banner paper, but even when I set the paper type to banner, it breaks across the page with spaces between the letters. Can you help me? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Peter <Peter@ascboston.org>... > I have an HP1220C printer, and am running Publisher 2000 > on Windows 98. I would like to print on HP banner paper, > but even when I set the paper type to banner, it breaks > across the page with spaces between the letters. ...

Macro to print document in Duplex format
I am trying to write a macro in a template (.dot) file to be used on 2000 documents based on it. The macro has code to print duplex. The code is give below. I get error 'Unable to set shared printer settings' while trying to assign printersettings. Isnt it the same like changing the Duplex setting in the print->printing preferances? Please advice. ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Option Explicit Public Type PRINTER_DEFAULTS pDatatype As Long pDevmode As Long DesiredAccess As Long End Type ...