Outside page numbers

Prior to updating to Word 2007, it was a simple matter to select from the
menu if you wanted page numbers to be on the "inside" or "outside" of the
pages.  Now I cannot figure out how to do it.  Any suggestions would be
helpful.

You have to enable "Different odd and even" and then place the page numbers
as desired in the Odd Page Header/Footer and Even Page Header/Footer.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"MaryGold" <MaryGold@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Prior to updating to Word 2007, it was a simple matter to select from the
> menu if you wanted page numbers to be on the "inside" or "outside" of the
> pages.  Now I cannot figure out how to do it.  Any suggestions would be
> helpful.

0
Suzanne

OWA connection outside the office
Hi! We have a single Exchange 2003 servers with 50 users. Laptops also have VPN, so they can read mail outside office. It would be great if it also would be possible to get OWA connection from other computers without VPN. - Can I do this with current hardware, just more configuration? - if so, SSL? RPC over HTTPS? - are there big risks? - What would be the best scenario without buying a lot of new hardware/software? Tomppa Hi! If you have one box with Exchange, you can easily deploy OWA on it. What you have to consider is the fact, you're going to host OWA directly on Exchange ...

How to extract the Number from a String
Hello friends I have a column with following type of data: 1243 no. of Books 213 no. of Pens What i want is to extract only the numeric data from the column and keeping the the original string as it is thanks in advance johnbest -- johnbest ------------------------------------------------------------------------ johnbest's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29694 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=494535 Hi John Assuming your data always has a space after the last numeric value, and with the data in A1 =--LEF...

continious page nos while inserting pages from 2nd doc to 1st doc
i have 3 pages template in 2nd page from macro i am inserting file doc2 where bookmarks are there for i=0 to 2 Selection.GoTo What:=wdGoToSection, Which:=wdGoToLast Selection.MoveUp Unit:=wdLine, Count:=1 Selection.InsertBreak Type:=wdSectionBreakContinuous Selection.InsertFile Filename:=mstrTemplatePath, Range:="mtaLoop", ConfirmConversions:=False, Link:=False, Attachment:=False For Each frmfld In ActiveDocument.FormFields Select Case frmfld.Name Case "mta0...

Page fault error when opening a file
When I try to open a Publisher file with my Publisher installation with Office Small Business 2000 I get a message saying "MSPUB has an invalid page fault ...Kernel32.dll". I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Publisher and in fact the entire Office Small Business 2000 software but the problem persists. I can create a new file with Publisher and Publisher will open the new file, however, when I attempt to open a previously created file the error occurs. Thank you for any help you may provide. CRM CRM (Can't Remember Much) what version of Windows are you using? Does t...

Fadeing a Sunflower into a page
I wish to fade a Sunfloer into a page advert please can someone help Regards Roy Use a photo editing program to fade your photo before inserting it into your document. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "Sunflowers" <Sunflowers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E02C9EE-73C5-47A2-B442-F19F1A2F4235@microsoft.com... >I wish to fade a Sunfloer into a page advert please can someone help > > Regards Roy You could try the wash out. Click the icon on the picture toolbar that looks...

out of office reply outside of LAN
Is it possible to send out of office reply's to people outside of a lan? Would they recieve it. If it is possible where would i go to see the proper configuration for that? Yes it is - you need to configure your Exchange to allow out of office replies. View KBA 262352 for info regarding this. >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible to send out of office reply's to people >outside of a lan? Would they recieve it. > >If it is possible where would i go to see the proper >configuration for that? >. > ...

How to make numbers (assumptions) show as different color...
I use Excel '97 presently, but if this is doable in *ANY* version of Excel that'd be good to know too Over 10 years ago in Lotus 1-2-3 is pathetically easy to have plug numbers in a financial model (ie, cells that contain only numbers but are not text values or symbols, things that evaluate when trying to do with math with them) show up as a different color. Back then, they'd show up as green against a black background, but now of course I'd assume you could control colors I've played w/ conditional formatting and don't see a way to do this w/ it The funny thing is,...

In Pub 2003, how can I set Page x of y in the footer?
I need to have Page x of y in the footer of documents that I am working on. Anyone have a solution? When you number the pages, add manually the word page and the y amount. It would look similar to this: Page # of 20 pages This function in on the Master Page. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Gem" <Gem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0A72464-7B44-485B-ACB3-300FF6EB4F63@microsoft.com... >I need to have Page x of y in the footer of documents that I am working on. > > Anyone have...

Is there a template for a number of people traveling by month?
I have approximately 15 people I need to track if they are traveling, in the office, on vacation etc., for the entire year with a month per sheet. Is there a template out there already for this? ...

full page receipt
when we sell a kit we are creating a 40 col receipt as well as a full page. We reprint the full page invoice for on-Account customers, but we wish to suppress the details of the kit item details included. Can this be done? -- Lasting Impressions This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0164_01C7F007.3FDF13D0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0165_01C7F007.3FDF13D0" ------=_NextPart_001_0165_01C7F007.3FDF13D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable ginop, Try thi...

rotate page
Received a pub file that is vertical on the page. I cannot rotate the page so am unable to read, or edit. Using Publisher 2002. Thanks, Patty What happens when you try to open the file? If you are able to do so, have you tried rotating the individual elements? -- Ron Cohen "Patty Tappan" <patty1@qwest.net> wrote in message news:WNNVd.36$0f7.1415@news.uswest.net... > Received a pub file that is vertical on the page. I cannot rotate the > page > so am unable to read, or edit. Using Publisher 2002. > Thanks, Patty > > "Patty Tappan" <...

Out Of Office for outside
Hello, I just installed Exchange 2007 SP1 on my organization. I have Outlook 2003/2007 connected to Exchange server I try to set up "Out of Office" auto reply feature in outlook. Its works fine for "Inside my Organization" users but doesn't work for anybody for "Outside my Organization." Users getting mails from outside but Auto reply doesn't starts. Is there anything may be wrong in my Exchange setting I have looked at? Thank you in advance, Alex Sorry for the post in a wrong group. "Sasha" <ABassin@unitymgmt.com> ...

customize E2K3 OWA logon page
Recently we have upgared the exchange 2003 server with SP2. After that my company logo page is missing. It went to default page. I was unable to change the logo on login page. Can some help to configure the same logo on OWA login page? On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 11:56:38 -0800, Prasad <Prasad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Recently we have upgared the exchange 2003 server with SP2. After that my >company logo page is missing. It went to default page. I was unable to >change the logo on login page. Can some help to configure the same logo on >OWA login page? It's ju...

formating incrementing numbers
It almost seems silly asking this question, but I can't figure out how to do this. I need to come up with a grid 4 cells X 100 cells each cell containing numbers in the following format. A B C D 1 06-001 06-002 06-003 06-004 2 06-005 06-006 06-007 06-008 all the way up to ... 100 06-397 06-398 06-399 06-400 (Or however the lost rows work out) I'm trying formulas, but no either I loose the two leading zeros in the second part of the number, or get some kind of error message. Thanks. Bert...

CRM Outlook 4.0 Client Non Domain Machine
We are trying to install the Outlook Client on a remote computer that is not on an Internal network, these users are not in our Domain. We were able to do this in 3.0 using some backend configuraitons etc..., can any provide any suggestions on how to install the client without this necessary access? In version 4 you can make your CRM an IFD (internet facing deployment) which will allow users to access the CRM inside or outside the network. the user will still require an AD account in your domain (so that their crm user profile can be created), but when they try to access the CRM over the ...

Same Cell Header For Every Page
Hi all I wonder how is it possible to have the same cell header (self-created) for every page? For example, I created the cells and give my own headings as shown in the screen shot. I want this to appear on the top of every page once it reaches the page break. Any advice appreciated :) +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: header.JPG | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=2810 | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- localhost ------------...

Emailing outside LAN
I have Windows Small Business Server 2003 with Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, and MS Exchange Server. I have an outside mail server over the internet. However, to set up my server I had to use my domain name in my MS Exchange Server to get emails from my internet server. My problem is we are unable to email our employees that work outside of our office. MS Exchange server will not allow us to send emails with the same "@domain.com" to anyone outside of our LAN in our office. How can I fix this or by pass the exchange server? You should ask this in the Exchange newsgroup: h...

How Outlining w/o numbers possible?
I received a file wherein there are no numbers, but still it is outlined, upto 8 levels. There are just 3 columns, 2nd col. has no header and as a sample I give the first few rows' data: <ProductCatalog> ProductCatalog <CatalogHeader> 1..1 ProductCatalog/CatalogHeader <CatalogID>(xsd:string) 1..1 ProductCatalog/CatalogHeader/CatalogID <CatalogDate>(xsd:dateTime) 0..1 ProductCatalog/CatalogHeader/CatalogDate <CatalogProvider> 1..1 ProductCatalog/CatalogHeader/CatalogProvider ...

How do I have information transfer from page to page in excel
I have a report that will be on-line for our users, I need it to transfer the Name and agency from the first page to the rest of the pages in the same place, automatically. In other words when typed on page one, automatically update the rest of the pages with the same information. Just type an equals sign (=) in the cell you want the information to 'appear automatically', click over to your first page, and click the cell you want the information to come from. -- Regards, Dave "pattyh" wrote: > I have a report that will be on-line for our users, I need it to tr...

How to count the maximum number of consecutives?
I need to determine the maximum number of consecutive negative numbers in a column. The column contains formulas that evaluate to a positive number, a negative number, zero or "" (blank). I cannot add an additional column. The following are the results of formulas in cells A1:A11 that need a formula in A12 that evaluates to 3, the maximum number of consecutive negative numbers counting cells A2, A6 and A7. 1 -2 "" "" "" -6 -7 8 -9 "" -11 You're sure you can't us an extra column somewhere?? Even a hidden on...

Outside emails
I was wondeing if it is possible to prevent users from sending email outside the domain. I want to turn off the abilty to send email outside of my company while preserving the ability to send internally. I want to do this as employees give notice to prevent any malice of sending out confidential information outside the company. Use SMTP Connector for address space *. Use Delivery Restrictions on the Connector to prevent users from sending over the Connector. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ----------------------------------...

How do I make a title page in excel?
I am trying to do a project for a computer class and am unable to figure out how to do the title page on the project. Can anyone tell me how to make a title page in excel? HELP!!!!!!!!! Hi what do you mean with 'title page' exactly? "Alley_34" wrote: > I am trying to do a project for a computer class and am unable to figure out > how to do the title page on the project. Can anyone tell me how to make a > title page in excel? HELP!!!!!!!!! hi, Title pages are a pain in the posterior because as you add all the stuff you want on the title page, you have to get ...

Display text on Tabs of Property Pages from Application
Hi, I am working on property pages. Every thing is working fine.Just i want to display "Page1", "Page2","Page3","Page4" on the tabs of the property pages from my application. I have created this property pages using the property sheets by using AddPage() API. Now how to display on the tabs from the application. Is there any API for that.......... Thanks lucky If you're talking about changing the text on the tabs: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q141487/ Tom "lucky" <Laxmanmaruthy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:117336696...

Reports print wider than page
How can I get the reports to print on one page? even when I select landscape, it still goes over the border. I'd like to be able to print on portrait orienation; there's an aweful lot of wasted space in landscape mode. I'm running 2001 standard. Thanks! Most of the report customizations let you pick narrower formats. You can also pick a narrower font like Arial Narrow. "Greg Watson" <watsonsg@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:100101c37241$faeea390$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How can I get the reports to print on one page? even when > I select landscape, ...

Access on Web Page
I am looking for some advise. I created an Access Database for a church directory. We would like to put the information on the churches web site. I was thinking maybe we should create a PDF, but I have no idea which way to go. I know there are a lot of smart people here, so I am turning to you. Thanks for any advise you may give. -- Kate Just learning to use access Kate wrote: > I am looking for some advise. I created an Access Database for a church > directory. We would like to put the information on the churches web site. I > was thinking maybe we should create a PDF, but...