New Word Documents Appear on Left Side of Screen

I'm using Word 2007 (under Windows 7) and was wondering why my new Word
documents appear on the left side of the screen?  How can I get them to
appear in the center?

Thanks in advance!

Set a larger view zoom or a smaller Word window.

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site
Word MVP web site
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Sherwood" <> wrote in message
> Greetings,
> I'm using Word 2007 (under Windows 7) and was wondering why my new Word
> documents appear on the left side of the screen?  How can I get them to
> appear in the center?
> Thanks in advance!

New domain creation
I have an AD Server 2K3 environment, running E2K3. In a couple of months, I will be undertaking a domain consolidation, creating a new domain, and moving all servers and applications to the new domain. I know that this is not an easy undertaking where Exchange is concerned. One thought that I had was to create a temporary exchange server in the new domain, install exchange, set up all the connectors, etc so that that box is now the active Exchange server. Next, migrate all users and mailboxes to the new server. Uninstall exchange from the original server. Move that server to the n...

Saving a new quote before adding new quote products?
Hi all When creating a new quote, it has to be saved before new quote products (existing or write-in) can be added. Is there no other way to complete the quote form and save it all together at the end? The existing "save-step" is not really end user friendly. Anyone knows something more about this issue? Have fun :-) iStephan Quote products have a foreign key pointing to the quote, so it's not possible to save them before the quote itself is saved. As CRM is a web application, it's also not possible to create the quote and all quote details in one call - at least it ...

How do I get the sentence count in a word document?
-- Many thanks in advance best regards Ian Word Count provides a count of words, characters, lines, and paragraphs but not sentences. Although a macro can be written to get a rough count, Word can't necessarily distinguish between the period at the end of a sentence and the period following an abbreviation. There must be some algorithm, however, as the "readability statistics" are based to some extent on the number of words in the average sentence, I think. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word...

a new approach #3
"You have to go to school and waste years and money before you can make a decent income" bullshit. This is a no bullshit approach. The biggest moron in the world can make money. I'll show you step by step in specific detail how. I will prove to you it works. It's so easy and obvious you will either laugh or cry when I reveal my secrets! Paypal $20 to Within a day you can be started. Thanks, and you're welcome! Joe ...

New Sheet Name
Hi All, is there anybody that could tell what code to use to insert a new worksheet with a specific name. Currently I can create a new worksheet in a amacro which will be named "Sheet1" and I can manipulate that sheet using the macro. However, if I delete this sheet and then run the macro again, it will be named "Sheet2" and all subsequent code is then referring to a non-existent sheet e.g. "Sheet1". This has been drivin me nuts for ages. Thanks in advance, Dominic Hi Dominic How about Sub NewWSheet() Sheets.Add().Name = "MySheet" End Sub ** Pos...

The size of the word-page I writ on

Moving SQL to new Server
I am currently running MSCRM and SQL on the same box, and I plan on moving the DB's to another server that will be dedicated to this one task. Aside from restoring the DB's from my backup on the current server, using serfver manager to re-associate SQL and CRM, and reinstalling Exchange connector what else do I need to do? After replication is enabled on the new SQL server, do i need to reinstall the SFO client or will it simply work? Any insight is greatly appreciated! ...

new ...delete not working
Hi, Check out the following code char* t=new char[1000]; t="sdfsdf"; delete t; at delete t; statement , MSVC 6.0 generates Abort: Unhandled exception Why? Help ! sandSpiderX : Hi, : : Check out the following code : char* t=new char[1000]; On the line above, you point t to a newly allocated buffer : t="sdfsdf"; Now, you point t away from the buffer, to a block of memory somewhere else : delete t; and then try to delete it. : : at delete t; : statement , MSVC 6.0 generates Abort: Unhandled exception : : Why? If you want to write into the block of memory, ...

Can't save NEW appointments in Outlook 2003
The above problem just started. I am trying to save a new appointment I get this message: "This items can not be saved to folder. The folder has been deleted or moved or you do not have permission. Do you want to save a copy of it in the default folder for the item?" I have the option to say 'yes' or 'no'. When I click 'yes'. I get this message: "The message interface has returned an unknown error. It the problem persists restart Outlook". Okay easy enough I restart Outlook and try again. I get the same messages. I tried Googling for help found ...

Placing words in parentheses
I'm doing a long document in which the author puts lots of things in parentheses. I'm certain that you know a way to highlight the word or phrase and place it in parentheses a lot faster than I'm able to do it, and I'd appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you for this and all of your help through the years! You can use find replace to accomplish what you wish. Enter the Word or Phrase you want into the Find box. Enter (^&) into the Replace box. The ^& represent the Find criteria and to replace with exact the same, only now with parentheses. Ho...

New Great Plains/RMS HQ Integration Released
There's been a few people commenting on the new HQ to Great Plains integration that was due out at the beginning of September. It's up on PartnerSource now for those looking for it. Alex Bullock The RSC Group have they posted it for SBF to RMS Integration? "Alex Bullock" wrote: > There's been a few people commenting on the new HQ to Great Plains > integration that was due out at the beginning of September. It's up on > PartnerSource now for ...

New Users Can't see their Contacts in New Message
Hello, I'm seeing a funny thing. We are converting from Lotus Not's to Exchange 2003 running on Windows server 2003. I make a mailbox for a user and they launch Outlook (we're running in cached mode), they go to their Contacts folder and add some names. Now when they go to make a new message and hit "TO", they can not see any of the contacts they just made. It seems like I have to manually have to go to each user desktop and right click on the Contacts folder, Properties, Outlook Address Book, and then check "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book". Am ...

How to start...missing sub-folder under microsoft which had the word 'respirository' in it
This is totally new to me...but I thought maybe it would create less stress for me, than trying to deal with Dell technical support with whom I had some very difficult language barriers with and every time they did one thing to the computer something else would happen to it. Finally dubbed a "Satan System" it was REPLACED. I was just before packing it up and returning it to them and closing out my account with them. The replacement has been like night/day. Lost all my contacts, pictures, and certain file folders created under email (Windows Mail); but must have been for a ...

Can't compose new mail in Outlook 2007
I installed Office 2007. When I try to compose a new message, the warning "not implemented" appears. Same thing happens when I hit "Send/Receive." I tried to repair the installation from Control Panel but problem remains. What should I do? Using Win7 OS. Recreate your mail profile via the Mail applet in Control Panel and try again. For details see; -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and mo...

Configuring everytime Word opens
In office 2007 (WinXP), word configures everytime it is opened. This normally takes about 2-3 minutes, but should not be necessary everytime it opens. I have tried repairing but that has not stopped the behavior. Any suggestions? Do you have an earlier version also installed on the machine? The steps to stop Word from initializing itself each time it is started are included in the Hacking the Registry section of the following page of fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website: -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the news...

How to mix up digits into a new number?
I can put single digits into separate columns and concatenate them into one number. Is there a worksheet function or formula that will randomly mix up those same digits into a different concatenated numbers? EX: turning "123" into "231"? Ed I'm not sure if i get it correctly, presume A1 has a value "123", then will =randnum(A1) get what you want? Function randnum(rng As Range) Dim a, b Dim i As Long, l As Long, n As Long, up As Long ReDim a(Len(rng.Value) - 1) For i = 0 To UBound(a) a(i) = Mid(rng.Value, i + 1, 1) Next ...

I am trying to find any docuemtnation on SCDPM 2010 RC. The Download does not provide any, and the installed product doesn't either. Specifically on these Items I am unable to find anything, anybody have anything on this yet? 1. Full list of all Functionality (2007+New in 2010 2. Laptop Enhanced Discovery? 2. Connecting DPM Servers- (i.e. DPM Server is going to backup to Disk locally, then backed up across a WAN link to another DPM Server (Tape) , which then backs up to another DPM server (Tape). 3. Methodology for Sizing File Share Backups 5. How to connect DPM Serve...

New computer and moving from 2002 to new version
Hi All, I bought a new computer and want to move my money files to the new computer. Here is the situation: 1. Up until yesterday I have been using Money 2002 running on Windows XP/ 2. I purchased a new computer with Vista that does not have Money on it yet. I downloaded the trial version of Money Essentials, but that says I cannot restore the backup from an older version. So my questions...which is the best version to use, and how do I go about getting all of my old information on the new computer? Thanks, Liz In, Liz wrote: > >I bought a new compute...

Formula which includes new sheets too?
Hi all, I don't know if this is possible, but any suggestions would be much appreciated! I have a spreadsheet with a few sheets, 1 for each site and then a Summary sheet which displays totals. eg. Site 1 shows how much has been fee'd for that site in each month, and the Summary Sheet shows how much has been fee'd for all sites in that month, by using a formula which takes the value's from each sheet. Is there a way of editing the formula so it will automatically include cell H3 for any sheet, including any new sheets added, without me having to amend the formulas? T...

Bank Management Outstanding Documents
I am running GP 10 with SP2, i have noticed in bank management module some transactions are appearing as outstanding yet i had reconciled them and even closed period for the chequebook. Any help? ...

enlarging size of toolbars at top of Word 2007
How can one enlarge the toolbar buttonsand tabs at the top of the application for someone with poor vision. Is changing the screen resolution the only way? -- .. Pretty much. The size of the buttons cannot be changed, but what you see on the Ribbon does vary with the width of the Word window (there's more detail if you have more room for it). If you're not running Word maximized, you might want to try that to see if it helps. Otherwise, changing the screen resolution is the only way to make buttons and text larger; just be aware that you will see less detail. -- ...

Custom Dictionary
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I asked about Custom Dictionary a few months ago and received a great answer from John McGhie. Now I have a new problem with Custom Dictionary. <br><br>I am an editor and the publisher has changed the style guide; &quot;internet&quot; must now be spelled with a lower-case &quot;i&quot;. Virtually every document I edit has the word &quot;internet&quot;. I added it to my Custom Dictionary but it still kept getting caught as an error and continued to suggest &quot;Internet&am...

new account #2
i have a new account at same institution already holding some of my accounts. this institution provides online downloads...but I am not able to update money with this account. any help would be great. Smokii In, smokiibear wrote: >i have a new account at same institution already holding some of my >accounts. this institution provides online downloads...but I am not able to >update money with this account. any help would be great. What program? Using Passport? using money 2005 small bus. w/o passport. the solution for me was to discontinue online ser...

New releases for Office Mac Universal for Intel based macs ????
Does anyone know if Microsoft has announced a release date for Microsoft Office for the intel core duo??? I read the Q & A on the mactopia and it said that its going to take time to develop it because they released the intel core duo computers early, but that was in April and i'm sure they already started developing it for intel macs. But there's still no updated information, anywhere!! So for the good of all intel mac fans everwhere, does anyone have any information on the prodution progress or relase dates for Microsoft office mac released in Universal format?? thanks, -Jay ...