how to put document in magazine format

I am creating a sales magazine for a class project. I am getting info from
different websites. How do I put this info into a magazine format?

"magazine format" could mean just about anything, but quite often, the pages
are laid out with two or three columns of text.  That can be achieved in
Word by setting up the document with Columns via the Format menu in Word
97-2003 or via the Page Setup section of the Page Layout tab of the Ribbon
in Word 2007/2010.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Sainthood63" <Sainthood63@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am creating a sales magazine for a class project. I am getting info from
> different websites. How do I put this info into a magazine format?

0
Doug

Changing margins on different pages in document templates.
I was wondering how you change the margins for different pages in a template. Specifically, my firm is using a letterhead for the first page but blank pages after that so the header and footer margins on the first page ONLY must be larger than normal, while the following pages are fine with default settings for the margins. How do you do this and save it as a template? See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm, especially the "More complex letterhead" section. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://wo...

Changing to the currency format
Hi, In a desperate situation and hoping someone might be able to help. I have this formula set up in a form: =IIf([Text14]>[Text12],[vendor Name] & " " & "spend" & " " & [Month] & " " & "YTD" & " " & "is" & " " & [Text14]-[Text12] & " " & "more compared to this time last year",[vendor Name] & " " & "spend" & " " & [Month] & " " & "YTD" & " " & "is&q...

PUTTING NUMBERS IN A CELL
I AM TRYING TO ENTER A NUMBER THAT BEGINS WITH ZERO'S AFTER I ENTER IT THE ZERO'S DISAPPEAR, HOW DO I KEEP THEM IN Please turn off the CAPS Lock, more than two lines would be extremely difficult to read. Reading caps is annoying. Format the column as text, if the leading zero is important to you then it is an identification not a number. The default alignment for text is left aligned which is also better for most identification "numbers". Credit card numbers are 16 digits, are identification and can not be entered as numbers, ever, because Excel only retains 15 si...

Can you put white space outside a textbox?
When I put pictures in my publisher file, sometimes I want captions for the pictures. So I make a tiny textbox that I put under the picture, and type in a caption into that textbox. The problem is that I can make the picture have some space to left and right of it so that text doesn't crowd into the picture, but I can't do that with the textbox containing the caption. Is there any way to prevent outside text from crowding the borders of a textbox? You can move that textbox wherever you need. You don't need to leave space inside when you can steer clear of the textbox itself. ...

Number Formatting Issue
Hello, I download a monthly report that contains all of our departments incoming call volume. One column is the duration formatted as 0:01:09. When I try to do a sum I get a zero. I've tried different formatting and text to column and have to resort to copying that column into Word then doing a copy/paste special as text back into Excel for the sum function to work properly. Any suggestions? Thank you!! Cathy Sounds like your cell is text, not a time (at least to Excel). To convert to a time: -- Enter 0 in an unused cell -- Copy that cell -- Highlight your durat...

Where to put SQL statements in VC++ Application
I am wondering if putting all my SQL statements in the string table is a good idea. Is there a better place to store these statements?? Thanks in advance for any responses. Dominic Inline in the code, they arnt particually helpful to put in the string table. -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com "Those people that think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do" Isaac Asimov <dominicgualtieri@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1129050897.519688.176820@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I am wondering if putting all my SQL statements in...

formatting tables
Hi, I am using Publisher 2002, using a booklet format and using tables to create an address booklet. Is it possible to create a table that will overflow from one page into the next automatically? I need to have the option of easily adding or deleting cells as new members join our organization. I don't know why this is seeming so difficult to do, I must be not getting something. Please help! Andrea Andrea you cannot create a Table that will flow from one page to the next. I would seriously recommend against using a Table for an Address Book. This can be easily done a better way. I...

Document Size is wrong
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have opened a 200+ page word document that was created on a Wintel platform. When I printed it I noticed that the pages didn't print the full 8.5x11 page with margins. Instead, it looked like it thought the page was 8.5.x9. <br><br>I looked at the vertical rule and that is what it looks like. I have gone back into document settings and made sure that I selected US 8.5x11 letter. I also verified that my margins are 1 inch all around. I have a header in the document with the title and page n...

how to make a document with square boxes to add numbers into?
I need to know how to make a document with square boxes to add text. A letter per box. Like an application. WORD 2007 Try this:- Insert tab / Tables group / Table button If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "trebla" wrote: > I need to know how to make a document with square boxes to add text. A letter > per box. Like an application. ...

Put app and icon in task bar?
I have an MFC application that I want to be able to put in the task bar as a small icon and have it pop up the dialog when selected from the task bar. This app is intended to be run from the start up menu and be minimized in the task bar along with all the other start items... Pointers on how to please... By default app goes on the task bar. Do you mean system tray (that by default appears on the bottom right of the screen)? -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "ShipHead" <GoAway@SpamBoy.com> wrote in message news:#g1K8UgEFHA.2700@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > I...

Copy a page from one Publisher document to 2nd Pub.
I want to copy a page in one Publisher newsletter document to a different Publisher newsletter document. With the page you want to copy opened: Select All, Copy, Paste into different newsletter "stamplover" <stamplover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ABD7CE1E-7FA2-4611-86D1-2146514432A1@microsoft.com... |I want to copy a page in one Publisher newsletter document to a different | Publisher newsletter document. ...

outlook ka-put
After I installed the service pack updates for Microsoft XP, my Outlook has been uable to send or receive any email. I have gotten a few error messages: "unable to connect to network," "server found but did not respond." etc. What the heck do I do? ...

Journal Entry Number Format GP9
Can i change the journal entry number format options? this is what i wanto to approach, The company im working now, wants to have a control number for all journal entries by setting up a journal entry number format for example en the month of january they want to have as follows 01010000 this will be the journal entry number displayed on the window then 01 means month, the following 01 means the day and the remaining 0000 are the transaction sequence for the day. so that january 02 will be 01020000 and if we created 345 journal entries in august 27th the number is 08270345. Is it possible...

Sumif Format Equals
I have both dates and currency in the same column. How do I sum the column based on format of the cell? Specifically, how do I sumif only the cells containing currency? Hi, You could try this. This formula would work if the currency has been formatted via Format > Cells > Currency In cell L14, type =CELL("format",K14) and copy down till L150. This assumes that the first entry is in cell K14. Now in any blank cell, type =SUMIF(L14:L150,"C*",K14:K150) Please note that if any entry changes in range K14:K150, you will have to go to the formula ...

Where to put error handler code for "No current record" error?
Hello, to brighten the essence of my current problem I woud like to describe the situation from scratch. I use Acess 2007. I have two tables 'tblOrders' and 'tblOrderDetails' linked as ODBC tables from MS SQL 2000 Server. Both tables have primary keys: 'tblOrders' has 'orderId' primary key and 'tblOrderDetails' has a pair 'orderId' and 'itemId' as primary key. On server there is also a foreign key constraint defined on key 'orderId' between both tables. In access I have a main form 'frmOrders' bounded to 'tblOr...

Format cell based on another cell's value
How do I change the background color of cell A4 based on the value in cell D7? i.e. If D7 = 3; A4 background should be green. Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas. Barney Barney, click in A4 and format, conditional formating, change cell valve is to formula is and put =$D$7=3, format to green, OK -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Barney" <postonbl@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eF$gOvq6EHA.2180...

Length of GP document numbers
As installed the GP documents are assigned a rather lengthly number such as SALES00000005555. I would like to shorten the document number to something more reasonable such as SALES005555 but am concerned about the consequences of changing it mid-stream. It looks like we will process about 10,000 invoices this year so with the default length it would take us... well a long time. My shortened example would last 99 years. Anyone know of a problem shortening the length? John Trax yes you can change for sure, it will not have any effect on you system, except if you need to inquire for ...

How do I format a zip code in a mail merge
When using mail merge, how do I format a ZIP Code that starts with 0 (zero) from an Excel File, so that when it comes into MS Word, it will not display a 0, but the entire ZIP Code (i.e. 02487). When it is merged, it is displayed as 0, not 02487. I tried changing the format to TEXT, instead of number, but it does not work. In other words, it doesn't like the leading 0. See if the following kb addresses your issue: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320473 -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS...

How do I put it back?
In Microsoft money 2003. Used to: When I put on my paycheck I would have a window pop up with seperate catagories, "taxes", "healthcare", ect. there were four of them. Now when I put them in I just get one "spit catagories" window. I don't know how I changed it or how to change it back. I can't even find any support that can/ will help me. If anyone knows Please let me know. I will be greatly indeted to you. thank You. Derek "Derek" <Derek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9D38C7E-D837-4376-99D3-79C760EC4F85@mic...

how to put constraints in excel
how to put constraints in excel You need to be more specific in your question. Perhaps Data Validation, on the Data menu, will do what you want. This will allow users to enter only values in a range of numbers in a cell. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "structures" <structures@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EFC87EE4-BC1A-4F88-9E35-0EB42F42881C@microsoft.com... > how to put constraints in excel ...

Change Formatting of Comments on Cells
I want to change the formatting of comments on cells in a pre-existing worksheet. Right now, the formatting is: Tahoma 8pt. bold font I want to change it to: Arial 10pt. (not bold) font 1.How would I change this information for the entire worksheet or spreadsheet? (I have changed the formatting on some comments, but not all of them. I am interested in uniform readable comment formatting. Even if I can apply a marco to increase all comments font size to 10 pts., I would be very happy.) 2. What is the way to change this formatting for the default new spreadsheet template? Thank you ...

How to control Word to open files in Draft layout and Document Map
I can't find how to control this. Sometimes for a long period all documents open in Draft mode which is what I want but sometimes they open in other layout modes and I have to constantly switch to Draft layout mode. Also the same happens with the Document Map view that appear on the left side. I used to have all documents open with that Document Map view but currently for about a month all documents open with Thumbnails view and I have to always switch to Document Map view every time. Ross_123 wrote: > I can't find how to control this. Sometimes for a long period all ...

Put % in ( )

Newbie Needs Help With Formatting E-Mails
Newbie Needs Help With Formatting E-Mails Hi all. I'm new to this site and would appreciate some formatting help. I created a new Word doc and copied and pasted some graphics and some simple text boxes in to it. The graphics and text boxes were created in Powerpoint by someone else. Looks fine on my screen. Before sending it out via e-mail to an Outlook e-mail group I have, I first sent myself a test message to see what it would look like on the receiving end. It looks a mess! The text boxes are all over the place, as is the text that is not in a box. Also, everything slide over to ...

Opening Documents
When I try to open documents there is a box that pops up "File Conversion" and it won't open in English there is not option to pick that Language. Could you please help me? Maybe http://www.gmayor.com/Problems_opening_2007_docs.htm If not, you need to explain what exactly you are doing in which Word version. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> &...