how to decrease spacing between sentences

currently have paragraph spacing between all sentences....how do i decrease
amount of space betwee regular sentences to look like this not this....

wwwwwwwwwww

wwwwwwwwwww

Hi grocered,

What you have is spacing between paragraphs, not sentences. To change the inter-paragraph spacing, use Format|Paragraph and change
the before/after setting. Ideally, you should make this change to the appropriate paragraph Style, via Format|Style

--
Cheers
macropod

"grocered" <grocered@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A831C00-BDFD-413D-A07A-33EB0F651D7E@microsoft.com...
> currently have paragraph spacing between all sentences....how do i decrease
> amount of space betwee regular sentences to look like this not this....
>
> wwwwwwwwwww
>
> wwwwwwwwwww

0
macropod

MORE DOUBLE SPACING!
Okay, so I finally figured out that to kill the whole extra line/ double spacing gibberish in Outlook 2007 I have to hold down Shift as I hit Enter. I can concede that. However, when I set up my emails like this, I then lose the automatic numbering format setup. Additionally, my signature is still way the heck out there. Why does it show up in Outlook as one line but as two lines every where else? Is it because Outlook automatically removes the extra lines when I'm looking at emails? Finally, is there anyway to have my normal spacing and eat my signature too? (Preferably without thi...

Returns not decreasing the Shipped\Remaining Posted Shipments qty
Returns not decreasing the Shipped\Remaining Posted Shipments to Match fields on the Purchasing Quantity Status Enquiry Zoom screen. Ordered 6, received 4, returned 3, invoiced 1, leaving zero posted transactions still to be matched I understand that the customer would like to see in the Purchasing Quantity Status window is the remaining shipments to be matched. With the formula: Remaining Shipments to be matched = Actual Posted Shipments – Posted Returns. @ ASSESSMENT: Technically, the PO Returns Enhancement is a third party product; thus, it doesn’t update the Purchase Order Process...

Sales Tax decrease
Iam using money 2006 Is it possible to create an expenses account (or transaction) that will automatically make a decrease in the sales tax account (under loans & Liabilities) that was created and filled from my assets account invoices. I don’t know if you understand it the way I wrote it so let me rephrase. In my invoices I check the box for sales taxes and I wrote the percentage taxes e.g. I sell a pair of shoes for 100€ with sale tax 19%. In the invoice the subtotal is 100€ , the Tax is 19€ and the total is 119€. In the sales tax account automatically appears a transfer transaction with...

I have a name and then number and want to fill space in with dots
-- marianne dagher If you're putting this info into a single cell, then stop! Put each value in separate cells--in fact, I'd consider putting first name in a cell, last name in a different cell, middle initial(???), salutation(???), and number in different cells. mariane wrote: > > -- > marianne dagher -- Dave Peterson Thanks Dave I stayed in excel and did that drew and copied a line of dots and pasted them into the cells. it printed quite well. My challenwas to connect text by dots -- marianne dagher "Dave Peterson" wrote: > If you're putting ...

Replace Certain Spaces
I have a list of names such as Green, Tom White, Bill Du Red, Mary Blue, Peggy Sue I want to loop through the names list and replace the space between double names with a nonbreaking space and leave the space after the ",". TIA Greg One way: =SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(A1,", ","##"),CHAR (32),CHAR(160)),"##",", ") HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I have a list of names such as > >Green, Tom >White, Bill >Du Red, Mary >Blue, Peggy Sue >I want to loop through the names list and replace the ...

Deleting decreasing data and naming rows.
I have a list of data in columns B:H that I want to delete specific values within. The data in column C is in the format example below. The numbers are not necessarily whole numbers or increasing or decreasing in even amounts. The example is simplified as each data set can have thousands of streams where the data increases then decreases, repeating again and again in a constant stream. I want a data set of numbers that are continually increasing or restarting the sequence with no decreasing values or zeros. Searching column C, when the next cell is < the preceedin...

How can I reduce the white space in the footnote section?
Word 2007 When I make footnotes a section is automatically created above the footer and with a short left-aligned horizontal line separating it from the main text body of the page. There is a large white space between the first footnote and the horizontal line above it. How can I reduce this white space? Thanks for any help you can give. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/NoteSeparators.htm for information on formatting the footnote separator, which appears to have acquired some Spacing After or perhaps an empty paragraph following. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft ...

Spaces
Hi all, I've a field in my form called SR where users should copy a serial number and paste it in this field,I'm worried because some users copy space at the end or at the beginning of this serial,is there a way to make sure that users input this serial without spaces? Ini the AfterUpdate event of the text box, put code to remove all of the spaces: Private Sub SR_AfterUpdate() Me.SR = Trim(Replace(Me.SR, " ", "")) End Sub Alternatively, you could put code into the BeforeUpdate event to make them retype it if they haven't done it correctly: Priva...

Extra White Space Between Cells #3
I have several lines of text in two merged cells one above the other and it appears to be spaced correctly, but when I print (or even print preview) there is an extra line space in the document. When I adjust it to print correctly it doesn't all appear on the screen. What am I doing wrong? I need both view and print. Thanks for any help. ...

IS Size not decreasing
We have an exchange 5.5 server and the drive which contains the IS has 39.8mb of free space. I have moved / deleted mailboxes amounting to 500mb of space. Yet the IS does not reflect this freed up space. How does one regain this space Thanks ciaran cw@vexxed.co.uk (Ciaran) wrote: >We have an exchange 5.5 server and the drive which contains the IS has >39.8mb of free space. I have moved / deleted mailboxes amounting to >500mb of space. Yet the IS does not reflect this freed up space. How >does one regain this space > >Thanks > >ciaran And it never will unless you ta...

Windwos live MAIL OE brings the message "OE can free up disk space ..."
Windwos Live MAIL OE bringt die Meldung "OE kann Speicherplatz freigeben..." Hallo liebe User, habe zuerst Outlook Express (OE) verwendet. Nach dem Umzug auf WindowsLiveMail vor einen Jahr habe ich bis vor kurzem kein Problem gehabt. OE gibt nicht mehr auf dem Rechner und es ist nicht mehr aktiv. Nun kommt dauernd die Meldung, das OE Speicherplatz freigeben kann .... Da ich mit diesem Programm nicht arbeite bzw. ga kein Zugriff darauf haben ist dies l�stig. Auf dem Rechner ist XP mit allen updates. Kann man dies abstellen? danke vorab Windwos live MAIL ...

Space Before a Paragraph at the Start of a page
Is there any way to set up word such that it will not add space before a paragraph at the top of a page? I would like a heading to have space above to separate it from the text. However, this space is unnecessary when the heading occurs at the start of a page and looks funny not starting at the top of the page. On Nov 28, 1:34=A0am, "faceman28...@yahoo.com" <faceman28...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Is there any way to set up word such that it will not add space before > a paragraph at the top of a page? > > I would like a heading to have space above to separ...

Adding space to left-justified
Hi everyone: I am trying to accomplish the opposite (well, in a sense anyway) of the TRIM function, i.e. is there a way to add one or more spacea in front of a value in a cell where the content of the cell is left-justified? Thank you. Are you looking to simply indent the data? If so then use the indent function from the toolbar. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permis...

How would I change a date cell to decrease it by business days?
What I would like to be able to do in MS Excel (2002) is this and I’m not sure if it’s possible. How would I take a date field in Excel and decrease that date by three BUSINESS days? I’m filling in the blanks on a large roll-out schedule and would rather not if possible manually calculate several hundred dates. Example: The first final date of completion for the project would be Monday 1/17/2005. This date appears in cell C2. I need to show on a schedule that three business days before there will be an installation visit. The result would be Wednesday 1/12/04. This would appear in...

how do you costumize space bar?
When writing a document and i am trying to put space between words the space bar erases the next letter so i was wandering how to turn this off or how to change it to normal? Press the Insert key (make sure number lock is off). You are on overtype mode. -- Rae Drysdale "Moo" wrote: > When writing a document and i am trying to put space between words the space > bar erases the next letter so i was wandering how to turn this off or how to > change it to normal? ...

Sudden decrease in available virtual address space
After running for approximately 12 hours the available virtual address space of our application decreases by 128MB. We are printing this value by calling GlobalMemoryStatus every 30 seconds. We hooked the following functions in our process and all modules in it: VirtualAlloc, GlobalAlloc, HeapAlloc, LocalAlloc, GlobalReAlloc, LocalReAlloc, HeapCreate, HeapReAlloc and VirtualAllocEx. We didn't find any allocation of this size. Our total virtual address space is 3GB and we are continuesly writing to disk and allocating and dealocating memory. All the memory that we allocate we also fre...

Replace leading zeros with leading spaces ?
I am using Excel 2007. Format (12,”000”) gives me 012 I want (12,”??0”) to be 12 with a leading space Question mark doesn’t seem to work in Excel 2007 Use this... Format(12, "@@@") -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27CFD9C0-FA9C-4A49-8557-3B86FBA0CD93@microsoft.com... >I am using Excel 2007. > Format (12,”000”) gives me 012 > I want (12,”??0”) to be 12 with a leading space > > Question mark doesn’t seem to work in Excel 2007 > I don't think you need to use Form...

CreateFile and directories/files with spaces in them
Hello, CreateFile appears to have problems with some directory names and file names that have spaces in them. Is there a work around for this? Thanks, Pete What are you passing to CreateFile? AliR. "a6a21487" <no_mail@no_address.non> wrote in message news:WPw1f.9455$yS6.705@clgrps12... > Hello, > > CreateFile appears to have problems with some directory names > and file names that have spaces in them. Is there a work around > for this? > > Thanks, > > Pete > AliR wrote: > What are you passing to CreateFile? > > AliR. The CreatFi...

Remove "Alt Enter" blank space
From a cell, how to remove a "blank line" that is enter by Alt enter keystroke! Using Visual Basic! "crapit" <littlecramP@yahoo.com.sg> wrote in message news:e%23I5BWGDFHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > From a cell, how to remove a "blank line" that is enter by Alt enter > keystroke! > Hi one way Sub removealtenter() For Each c In Range("A1:A10") c.Value = Application.WorksheetFunction.Substitute(c.Value, Chr(10), " ") Next End Sub Cheers JulieD "crapit" <littlecramP@yahoo.com.sg> w...

How blank space on cell edges?
Have 8pt text wrapped in a cell. Looks fine on the screen but when I print the text is bleeding over the cell edges just a bit. Is there a setting to put more blank space on the edges of a cell so this will not happen? ...

Dead space at end of column
I am working on a multi-paged document that is legal-sized, landscape orientation with three columns on each page. At the end of page two, I have a recurring problem with the cursor jumping to page 3 about two-thirds of the way down the column. I cannot type in that area. Displaying formatting characters reveals nothing to show that there is a problem there. This does not happen in any other location on the document. Check the jumping paragraphs to see if many of them are formatted as "Keep with next" and "Keep lines together." Or perhaps one as "Page b...

Sound volume decreases.
Hi, My wifes laptop ( Vista home premium) has suddenly developed a problem with the sound volume. Every time she boots up,the volume has decreased slightly and then decreases further when she boots again next time. It has worked OK for nearly one year now but just developed this problem a few days ago following MS updates. Any advice to correct this would be very much appreciated. Thanks -- Regards, Geordie (Remove PROP to crash spam) The Volume Down Button on the laptop Could it be stuck? Russ -- Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] MCP, MCPS, MCNPS, SBSC Micro...

Changing space before and after paragraphs does nothing
I am using PP 2003. I am trying to format text in a text box within an existing presentation. I set the line spacing for the whole text box, and that works fine. However, changing the line spacing before and after parapraphs does absolutely nothing. I have checked to make sure that I have put hard returns in to separate paragraphs, not soft returns. This problem does not happen if I create a new presentation from scratch. However, I cannot afford to start from scratch, as I am editing a very long, existing presentation, and it would take me forever to start all over again. Something i...

Too many spaces
I have a Word document that is in a text box. It is a resume for a friend. I cannot get the spaces it created to go away without deleting every space and lining it up with the cursor. Does that make sense? Is there an easier way to do it? Please describe more in detail what is happening. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "DonnaB" <DonnaB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46AE0A97-6B81-4DDA-B391-C41E48779C6C@microsoft.com... >I have a Word document that is in a text box. It is a resume for a friend. I > cannot get the spaces it creat...

how to set variable in Work space of VC++
Hello I am stuck in the problem that while i compiled my program through command prompt ,I took following steps..... I set the variable like set ND_MIC_GUI=true nmake /af makex86.mak now i want to repeat the same procedure in work space how i will set this variable in work space of VC++(version 6.0) As i have made check if my .c file like # if ND_MIC_GUI so please guide me how to do that. Reply me as soon as possible Thx in advance It appears that you are setting an environment variable. If thats true, I dont think this can be done witin workspace. You can set it for the system before you...