How do I set up a page sized 17 x 11 inches?

  • Follow

I am publishing a newsletter,  (8 pages, 2 double sided).  Folded size to be
8.5 x 11 inches. Therefore i want to set up my page size to be 2 columns each
8.5 X 11inches
Finished document will be 8 pages, 2 sided, 8.5 x 11 in. I am using word
2003, but can switch to Word 2007.
Thanks for your help.
Jenlyndy@aol.com,
0
Reply Utf 1/14/2010 6:16:01 AM

You have to set the page size to 11 x 17. If your printer cannot print this
size, then that page size will not be available, and you will have to
install the driver for a printer that can print that size. From there, use
"2 pages per sheet" on the Margins tab of Page Setup to get you 8.5 x 11
pages (don't even think of trying to do this with columns, especially since
you'll probably want more than one column on each page).

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Jenlyndy" <Jenlyndy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am publishing a newsletter,  (8 pages, 2 double sided).  Folded size to
>be
> 8.5 x 11 inches. Therefore i want to set up my page size to be 2 columns
> each
> 8.5 X 11inches
> Finished document will be 8 pages, 2 sided, 8.5 x 11 in. I am using word
> 2003, but can switch to Word 2007.
> Thanks for your help.
> Jenlyndy@aol.com,

0