How do I set up a page sized 17 x 11 inches?

I am publishing a newsletter,  (8 pages, 2 double sided).  Folded size to be
8.5 x 11 inches. Therefore i want to set up my page size to be 2 columns each
8.5 X 11inches
Finished document will be 8 pages, 2 sided, 8.5 x 11 in. I am using word
2003, but can switch to Word 2007.
Thanks for your help.,

You have to set the page size to 11 x 17. If your printer cannot print this
size, then that page size will not be available, and you will have to
install the driver for a printer that can print that size. From there, use
"2 pages per sheet" on the Margins tab of Page Setup to get you 8.5 x 11
pages (don't even think of trying to do this with columns, especially since
you'll probably want more than one column on each page).

Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA

"Jenlyndy" <> wrote in message
>I am publishing a newsletter,  (8 pages, 2 double sided).  Folded size to
> 8.5 x 11 inches. Therefore i want to set up my page size to be 2 columns
> each
> 8.5 X 11inches
> Finished document will be 8 pages, 2 sided, 8.5 x 11 in. I am using word
> 2003, but can switch to Word 2007.
> Thanks for your help.

conditional format: affected by cell size
I have used conditional formatting to highlight when text in two adjacent cells differ. Simple. Therefore, when text in cell B1 differs from that in A1, B1 goes green. UNLESS the text in A1 is longer than 255 characters. How can I get round this? How about a couple of ways to cheat? If you have up to 511 characters per cell: =OR(MID(A1,1,255)<>MID(B1,1,255),MID(A1,256,255)<>MID(B1,256,255)) (just breaking it down into groups of 255--add more if you need them) Or use another cell that looks like: =a1<>b1 and use that cell as the conditional formatting rule. Hugh Mur...

Abnormally large file size
I am working with Publisher 2002 and have just one page in the publication but it's 82MB! I have read through all the support options on Microsoft and have come to the conclusion that Microsoft is CRAP. But beyond that, I still do not have a solution to my problem. I hardly have any graphics or anything in this file but it is still so big! Any suggestions would be really helpful. Thanks! Just how big are your images files? That sounds incredibly large, you sure you're reading file size right? "Carol R." <Carol> wrote in message =...

Zoom Setting
When I open mail using Office Outlook 2007, the type is often too small for me to read comfortably so I need to "zoom" it up. This works fine for the particular mail message I have opened but as soon as I open the next message, the screen reverts to its prior setting so It is necessary to zoom it up again. Is there a way to retain the zoom setting for all messages being opened? Many thanks, Gene L. you need to ask in a newsgroup that supports Outlook. This one is for Windows Mail. Try news:// steve "Ge...

set up tables/forms for job/cleaning that is due?+done
I am trying to set up tables, and forms for easy use for Maintenance dept. for the cleaning of areas of the factory. There is a set required schedule for each location in the plant. some areas are daily some weekly, some twice a week, etc. When they click on the location( on the Map of the plant form) I would like it take them to what is scheduled for that location for that day - they would also need to check off what has been completed for that day. Not sure on how to set up tables and form. Some fields I need are locationid, job#, date, freq? , job desc. etc. Any ideas??? Thanks, ...

Access 97 DataBase Size After Importing to new Access 2000 Database
Hi, I have recently migrated a backend Access 97 mdb file to Access 2000 version, i could not just convert using database utilities Convert Database, so I created a blank database in access 2000, and imported all the tables to new Access database, the number of tables and records in both database versions looks like same to me, but the initial access 97 version database size is 280MB, later new access 2000 version database size is just 13MB, can any one please tell me why the size difference is so much between two versions. Thanks, VT Hi VT, Probably your Access 97 mdb hadn't bee...

Outlook Web Access
I cannot open e-mails forwarded to me from several AOL users. OWA shows "The page cannot be displayed" message. I can open all other e-mails. Looking at the details of the message I find these content types: multipart/mixed, text/plain, message/rfc822, multipart/alternative, text/html, application/msword. text/html is the only one represented in the registry and is in Level2MIMETypes registry entry. Any help on what may be blocking these e- mails is greatly appreciated. ...

How do I create a poster consisting of 4 x A4 pages which get glue
I know this can be done as I have done it some yaers before. It may have been in Power Point however. As I remember I created the poster content on the word document page and then using some option/s one is able to segment the page into 4 quarters, print these and then glue them together. I am using Microsoft Office Student and Teacher 2003 Word cannot create posters - try Publisher. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site Word MVP...

Excel file size #4
Please could somebody help. I have some VBA code which takes a master template Excel workbook, i manipulates the data and saves the file down as a different name. I does this a number of times saving the files as different names as i goes. When the file saves, it doubles the size of the file. If I then ope the file it has created and re-save the file it goes back to th original size. Does anybody know of anyway around this. I have already made the master template as small as possible ie ctrl end etc. Thanks in advance Richar -- richard12 ----------------------------------------------...

How set Transparent Mode in CListCtrl
Hello I am using CListCtrl as normal windows desktop,ie it has the facility to add the shortcut to .exe and execute it,Also to set the background. It displays the .exe with the label (ie name of the .exe) and icon. Normally when i set background using SetBkImage(....),the listctrl show the executable label with black color and background of label to white. But i want the background of the label text to be Transparent. even though i set the mode as TRANSPARENT where i create the ClistCtrl by 3-ways 1)passing flag ie 'WS_EX_TRANSPARENT 'while creating CListCtrl 2)ModifyStyleEx(0,WS_EX_...

Returning page-count to a cell
Is it possible to return the total pages in a workbook? I know the formula for sheets (or tabs), but at least one sheet, when printed has 2 or more pages. Thanks in advance. As far as I know there is not a built in function for this. There are some methods available using VBA. This displays the count. Sub printcounter() wscount = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets.Count For a = 1 To wscount Sheets(a).Activate PAGECOUNT = Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro("Get.Document(50)") + PAGECOUNT Next a MsgBox (PAGECOUNT & " Pages to Print") End Sub -- ...

X axis on histogram
I have a series of data between the values of 0-100 and i have plotted the frequency of the numbers using the bin 0,10, 20, 30, 40 etc... 100. The histogram looks like the bars appear in the column above that which they should appear. I can't change the x axis so that the axis starts at 0 and ends at 100 with the frequency bars inbetween, so that it looks like for example, 13 values are between 90 and 100, not at 100 which it always look like- whatever i do - it doesnt seem to behave any differently than just using the basic chart function. Does that make any sense? Please can s...

Not seeing settings or customization under Settings
Something very strange has just started happening, and it was before the DST 2007 patches were applied. Some users have the role of System Administrator in CRM, those users were able to click Settings and see Settings and Customization on the left menu bar. Now they are only seeing c360 Settings (third party tool). What is really strange is this seems to only happen if you go to the servername in your IE address bar (i.e. http://crmserver), but if you go to the ip address of the server, you see everything correctly? Very strange. Any help is much appreciated! Thank you in advance ...

Sorting page numbers
Is there a simple way of sorting pages back into numeric order after building a large spread sheet so they appear in ascending order on the monitor. Without renumbering that is Thanks Mike Hi Mike, Your question is not clear to me, so here are three interpretations even if it is a stretch compared to even what you indicated. If you sorted the rows into a different order and want to restore them you can restore the order if you previous numbered your rows by placing a 1 on a new column (helper column) and used the fill-handle to place 2 into next cell, and 3 into next, etc. If you mean...

SMTP DNS settings
Hi, We have a Windows 2000 server running Exchange 2000. We use SMTP on this server to send outgoing mail. A couple of weeks ago mail stopped going out and we discovered that it uses a DNS query to a DNS server (former ISP) which has recently been decommissioned. I have searched our internal DNS servers and all Exchange and Windows 2000 Server settings to find this IP address so i can change it, but to no avail. Our firewall providers have put in place a patch to intercept requests to this address so that mail can go out, but I would like to fix it properly. Can anyone suggest where t...

PageFile settings
Hi all, I'm trying to manage PageFile on my Windows 2008 R2. The initial setup is "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives". I want to setup it with personal values. I wrote this script : $RAM = Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_OperatingSystem | Select TotalVisibleMemorySize $RAM = ($RAM.TotalVisibleMemorySize / 1kb).tostring("F00") $PageFile = Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_PageFileSetting if ([Int]$RAM * 1.5 -ge 4096) { [Int]$SwapMax = 4096 } Else { [Int]$SwapMax = [Int]$RAM * 1.5 } [Int]$Actual_Swap = [Int]$PageFile.MaximumSize If ($Actual...

Intelligent Message Filter #11
Ok, I should have read past the this is how you install it, BUT, I've installed SP2, and didn't deinstall Ver1.0 of the Intelligent Message Filter first. Result, although the upgrade went well, no error messages (WHY NOT!) The Intelligent Message Filter has stopped working. My question is how can I remove ver.1.0 of the Intelligent Message Filter and upgrade to ver.2.0. Thanks for any help Dai Check in the Add/Remove Programs list. Intelligent Message Filter "should" be listed in there. As long as it is, see if it will let you remove it. You may have to re-apply ...

ERROR check if a date set entered violates a previously entered date set
I am devloping an Excel program that has a list of date sets, not necessarily in sequencial order. What I want is an ERROR CHECK if a date set violates any date set previously entered. What I was looking for was that a date set could not be typed in as follows: 1/10/04 to 4/20/04 2/10/04 to 3/20/04 The second date set falls within the first set and should be invalid setting off a message or an alert of an invalid entry. I am interested in making it idiot proof so that one could not enter date sets within or covering dates sets already entered. This one really throws me, Please help. Buzz, Ar...

How do I create a banner that spans several pages
I want to create a banner that is say 3 feet wide with text in large lettering. I assume there is a way to do this in MS Word and have it print on several pages (one or two words per page in landscape) so that I can mount each page for the banner to be read. Word doesn't support banner printing, but you can certainly create large lettering on landscape pages. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA "John W" <John W> wrote in message news:A356ADCF-CC91-4E86-8718...

setting up meeting on calendar
In work, when we set up unit meetings, my boss sends the email, and you send back by choosing if you are going to attend or not. If you choose to attend, it puts the meeting on your calendar. ANyone know how to do this? The Billy Use File->New->Meeting. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching and finding no answer Det. Sipowicz <> asked: | In work, when we set up unit meetings, my b...

How can I set a default for NO HYPHENATION in all publications?
I do not want HYPHENATION in any of my Microsoft Publisher publications. How can I set the default to turn hyphenation off? Thank you! Tools, options.. edit tab, un-check hyphenation -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP news:// "overlaying clip art with words" <> wrote in message >I do not want HYPHENATION in any of my Microsoft Publisher publications. How > can I set the default to turn hyphenat...

x or oEventInfo the unknown
Sometimes Microsoft says the following should be in all DAP pages or "it won't work." <SCRIPT language=vbscript event=Current(oEventInfo) for=MSODSC> <!-- --> </SCRIPT> and other times they say the following must be in all DAP pages or "it won't work." <SCRIPT language=vbscript event=Current(x) for=MSODSC> <!-- --> </SCRIPT> I have been a little confused about this. What exactly are we trying to catch with this event on the MSODSC control? Since it is more likely to get a Google return on oEventInfo than a return on x, I found...

How do I set up my outlook to send e-mails through hotmail?
I have a new laptop and I would like to use my outlook 2003 to send e-mails, however, I can't seem to set it up properly to send the e-mails through my hotmail connection. The e-mails just sit in my outbox. Can anyone give me some advice on what to do? "Jazi1" <> wrote in message >I have a new laptop and I would like to use my outlook 2003 to send >e-mails, > however, I can't seem to set it up properly to send the e-mails through my > hotmail connection. The e-m...

Money home page re-naming
I have divorced. When I open Money it says Kelly and Micheleen's Money Home Page. How do I change this? Accounts & Bills > Account Setup > Update personal information. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions "Kelly" <> wrote in message news:000201c3cf4b$17b09090$a001280a@phx.gbl... >I have divorced. When I open Money it says Kelly and > Micheleen's Money Home Page. How do I change th...

An established term paper writing service is looking to expand and hire new writers. We take on assignments on all subjects, so we're looking for people with specialized knowledge, but who can also branch out of their comfort zone. Writers will need to follow instructions and produce clean, plagiarism-free copy on deadline. Editing positions are also available. To REGISTER ......CLICK on the IMAGE which is BELOW the SEARCH BOX? ...

Licensing question 11-24-06
We are running SBS 2003 premium and are looking at implementing CRM 3.0, my question is around how many CRM client licenses I will need for my organisation. Do I need one client license for earch SBS user (and hence Outlook user) or do I only need client licenses for say the sales and marketing team? ie by installing the CRM server on my SBS will the option to track emails on CRM button automatically appear within everyones Outlook in my organisation? If I'm gonna need 60 client licenses the costs suddenly seem a bit excessive... I'm hoping that the client software will only n...