How do I set up a page sized 17 x 11 inches?

Follow
Email
I am publishing a newsletter,  (8 pages, 2 double sided).  Folded size to be
8.5 x 11 inches. Therefore i want to set up my page size to be 2 columns each
8.5 X 11inches
Finished document will be 8 pages, 2 sided, 8.5 x 11 in. I am using word
2003, but can switch to Word 2007.
Thanks for your help.
Jenlyndy@aol.com,
0
Reply Utf 1/14/2010 6:16:01 AM

You have to set the page size to 11 x 17. If your printer cannot print this
size, then that page size will not be available, and you will have to
install the driver for a printer that can print that size. From there, use
"2 pages per sheet" on the Margins tab of Page Setup to get you 8.5 x 11
pages (don't even think of trying to do this with columns, especially since
you'll probably want more than one column on each page).

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Jenlyndy" <Jenlyndy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am publishing a newsletter,  (8 pages, 2 double sided).  Folded size to
>be
> 8.5 x 11 inches. Therefore i want to set up my page size to be 2 columns
> each
> 8.5 X 11inches
> Finished document will be 8 pages, 2 sided, 8.5 x 11 in. I am using word
> 2003, but can switch to Word 2007.
> Thanks for your help.
> Jenlyndy@aol.com,

0
Reply Suzanne 1/14/2010 1:20:03 PM
Follow
Email

setting up new outlook mail account

OWA Set Rule problem

layout help-creating 2 pages on 8 1/2 x 11 paper for booklet
I am new to Publisher, so bear with me.... I am trying to create a booklet using 8 1/2 x 11 paper in positioned in landscape position. I would like to get 2 pages on one piece of paper, but with the text in a portrait position, if that makes sense. Can anyone guide me? Thanks. -- Lauren When you setup your publication as a booklet, the pages are presented in the correct order automatically. The half pages will be portrait. Have you tried to setup a booklet? If you have, what problems are you experiencing? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.or...

Formating text of x-axix value
I make a chart with x-axix values from let's say 1E-9 to 1E-3, using logaritmic scale. So far so good. But my need is not to display the values in the chart like 1E-9, 1E-8, etc. but like 10-9, where the -9 text will be formated as upper index. Thx for any help or suggestion. see http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Exponents_in_Cells_and_Charts.htm best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Karel" <Karel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA5042AE-A412-4CB3-B823-89741DAF8FFD@microsoft.com... >I mak...

How to set backcolour

Mega Newbie
MS Exchange V5.5 with Outlook 2000 clients. The size of our exchange databases seem to be growing at a serious rate. I believe that the files priv.edb and pub.edb are the user folders and public folders respectively - can someone confirm this please? Our file sizes are 1Gb for priv and 3Gb for pub. This means at least some users have a serious allocation for their user folders - total number of users approx 30! Is it possible to examine the system via exchange to find out which user's folders are taking up all the space? TIA Phil Hi There, >-----Original Message----- >MS Ex...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

How do I put column headers in a multi-page worksheet
I don't understand the Help menu on this topic! Can someone please tell me in simple language how I'd put column headers on each page of a long price list? To put column header for each space in excel... Go to File then select Page Set-up... Select Sheet tab then select "row to repeat on top" >-----Original Message----- >I don't understand the Help menu on this topic! >Can someone please tell me in simple language how I'd put column headers on >each page of a long price list? >. > Lizzie Assuming you want to print out a long list from one ...

x Bar and R chart
Has anyone created an x-Bar and R chart in excel. Uncle bob: I entered XBar Chart Excel and found over 9,200 references. So there is a lot out there for you to look at. There are a number of commercial add-ins if you are undertaking a major Statistical process Control (SPC) program. On the other hand, there are dozens of free downloads if your are looking for "how to" information. I have put a simple control chart "how to" on my site that may help to get you started. http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_control_chart.htm .... Kelly koday@processtrends.com &qu...

Active X control
Hi All, I am trying to make a dialog based ActiveX control in VC++ using MFC. I inserted buttons, radio buttons, and a FlexGrid control in this ActiveX. But when I run this control in a client application, the control disappears. If I remove Flexgrid, the control is displayed but when I press any button on this control, program hangs. Where is it that I might be going wrong? Would highly appreciate a solution or suggestion regarding this. TestHim wrote: > Hi All, > I am trying to make a dialog based ActiveX control in VC++ > using MFC. I inserted buttons, radio buttons, and ...

Reading Pane Settings

normalization 11-17-09
Hi..I would love some help if anyone can answer.. I have a taxi leasing company and am having some trouble with normalization. I have more than one corporation that has multiple medallions (taxi) Each corporation has specific information for the corporation but, also would be used for each medallion (taxi) in the corporation. Each medallion is associated with one vehicle Each vehicle can be driven by 1-3 drivers per week. Each driver can only drive one vehicle at a time. There are different payment choices depending on the taxi I have built corp table, corp owners table, medallio...

How do wrap all columns of a pivot table to 2nd half of same page
I have a 3 column pivot table that can be too long to fit on one page, but I do not want to shrink it to fit (makes type too small) Is there a way to get the rows that don't fit on the page to wrap and print as a 3 column table on 2nd half (open half) of the page? Hi, If you are asking whether you can wrap text in a pivot table - yes, the same way you do it in a spreadsheet - Format, Cells, Alignment, Wrap text I don't think this is what you are after but ... If you are asking can you extend the printout across multiple pages, look at this and see if it addresses anything you ...

How do I set OOR

The page select buttons in publisher are gone, what do i do?
Normally there are mini page icons at the bottom of publisher when there is more than one page, but I opened my saved leaflet those buttonshad gone. I know the 2nd page is there because when I do a multipage print preview I can see it. What's wrong with publisger, or is it me? View, status bar... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Me" <Me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3B0CCB4-B7D9-4912-B196-8685EBE1784D@microsoft.com... > Normally there are mini page icons at the bottom of p...

interactive buttons, multiple sets

Page Numbers in a Newsletter
Hi, I am new to Publisher and my first project was to create a newsletter. I chose one of the existing publication designs, but now I can't modify it as I want to. Specifically, the page numbers keep re-justifying themselves. Can anyone help? It's driving me NUTS! Cheers, Jean Delete the existing Text Frames and make new Text Frames and insert Page Numbers. Remember, there is a thing called a HELP file!!! - USE IT -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000...

Set Focus

Different colors on the x axis titles
Is there a way to have different colors on the titles of the x axis? For instance, if the titles are months, Jan, Feb, Mar, etc., is it possible to have January in red font, February in blue font, March in green font, etc. Thanks for any help. I should note that I am using Excel 2000 "SK" <Nospam> wrote in message news:%23$CetoM8DHA.1356@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to have different colors on the titles of the x axis? For > instance, if the titles are months, Jan, Feb, Mar, etc., is it possible to > have January in red font, February in blue font, March...