How do I print the size on the screen after I zoom in?

I am trying to print a blue print to actual scale. I know there is a way to
print what is on the screen and tape them together,, I just forgot how.LOL..
When I enlarge it on the screen then print it it comes out to fit the whole
page,so small that you can't even see it. PLEASE HELP?
Jerry G

Word does not offer a way to tile documents. Your printer may do so,

Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA

"Gradinglv" <> wrote in message
>I am trying to print a blue print to actual scale. I know there is a way to
> print what is on the screen and tape them together,, I just forgot
> how.LOL..
> When I enlarge it on the screen then print it it comes out to fit the
> whole
> page,so small that you can't even see it. PLEASE HELP?
> Jerry G

5/27/2010 8:39:34 PM

1. The Page Setup Dialog box,
2. The Printer Dialog box,
3. (The Print Preview Dialog box accesses both),

Should have -among them- options for--

1. Paper Size (a Paper/Quality),
2. Paper Source/Bin (a Paper/Quality) (loaded with a size of paper),
3. Paper Type (a Paper/Quality),
4. Scale (like the browser-zoom),
5. 'Enable' Shrink to fit ... (you'd want Off),
6. Print Frames (an Option) (You might want an inner frame),
7. Find Printer (if you have a blueprint printer).

And the print will be automatically -or most printers will- split the
printout across multiple sheets, to print the entire blueprint ... or any
page too big for one sheet.

"Gradinglv" wrote:

> I am trying to print a blue print to actual scale. I know there is a way to
> print what is on the screen and tape them together,, I just forgot how.LOL..

Office Apps Quit When Trying to Print
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have an HP DeskJet845c which I have loved -- until now. Every time I try to print from any apps in the Office 2008 suite, I get a pop-up msg saying that "[app name] has encountered an error and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I've downloaded and re-installed the latest HP driver for this printer (which supposedly is also included w/ OS X.5) but to no avail. The only thing I can think of is to delete any HP printer drivers that may be installed and do a clean install of the driver for ...

Rules based attachment printing
Is there any way we can specify to print the attchments also with the email while setting up a rule for autoprint? ...

printing gray
I cn no longer get my black and white printer to print anything but black and white. Yesterday I was capable of printing shades of gray, but I must have changed something because if I have a black and white printer selected, I can see nothing but black and white, even on the print preview screen. If I change my printer to a color printer, print preview will display the gray color and print properly, but if I have a black and white printer selected I can't Read your printer manual. It's certainly not a Publisher issue. Oops "Read" is a four letter word. >-----Origina...

Manual Duplex Printing
Does Excel XP have a provision for manual duplex printing as Word XP does? Right now I do the Print page 1 and then 2 and then ... Office XP, XP Home, HP-970 Cse. My HP duplex printing module has gone out on me hence the question. -- "The two highest achievements of the human mind are the twin concepts of "loyalty" and "duty". Whenever these twin concepts fall into disrepute -- get out of there fast! You may possibly save yourself, but it is too late to save that society. It is doomed." ...

How do I print my diagram that will show me my lines. When I go to preview I see the lines and the pictures but when I print it some of the lines come out and some does not. When I go to preview it look like they are divided into cells so how do I remove the cells so the entire picture with lines will print? ------=_NextPart_0001_60BEA2F8 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, It looks like you have a drawing bigger than the printer page. So in the preview you see that it would print into tiles To get the entire drawing on a page, from File Menu > Page Setup >...

How do I make and print 3x5 address cards?
I was in the wrong area when I asked this before. I am new at this and trying to figure out how to make a list of names, addresses, phone numbers, etc., that I can then print on 3x5 index cards. I want to be able to keep the information in my computer, but be able to print out cards to look it up if I'm not on the computer or to give to my sons who use Mac's instead of PC's. I figured someone had made a template for how to do this, but I haven't been able to find it. I have Office 2003 with Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Can anyone help me? Thanks. You don...

Printing emails really small
Hi My Outlook 2k3 prints single page emails fine, but If i try to fit one which is over 1 page - it shrinks to fit - making it unreadable. Shrink to fit is not enabled and I'm printing on a networked printer. The owner of the workstation that the printer is hooked up to has no problem. It was fine yesterday! Can anyone point me to the appropriate setting for stopping this behaviour? K ...

Printing a form from excel
Can anyone help with this please, I have a form set up with everything working in the various fields. But I want to print out numerous pages with the value of a single cell increasing by one on each sheet printed. can anyone give me the formula to do this as I am in over my head now. Thanks hopefully. How about a macro? Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myCell As Range Dim wks As Worksheet Dim iCtr As Long Set wks = Worksheets("sheet1") With wks Set myCell = .Range("a1") 'whatever cell you need If IsNumeric(myCe...

how can i print one tile of a poster in publisher
I have printed a poster of which one tile is misaligned. Can you print just one tile ie number 4? On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 11:03:05 +0000, crystaltips wrote (in article <>): > I have printed a poster of which one tile is misaligned. Can you print just > one tile ie number 4? Nothing whatsoever to do with Publisher this is a feature of your printer settings. If your printer can't do it then, no, you can't. A workaround, create white rectangles over the parts you do not want printed, give them no line. Look at the prin...

print pre-printed forms
Is the any way to use excel to print pre-printed forms ( invoices , etc ) after all datas are entered? Is there any way to design a template for that ? Tks !! Osvaldo Osvaldo I take it that you have a printed form to start with, and you want to put this printed form in the printer and have Excel fill in the blanks. Is that right? You can write a macro to do this but it will be a lot of trial and error to get the code to place the data in the blank spaces correctly. It would be much easier if you design the form in Excel first, then have Excel fill it in with a macro, then have...

logo printing from gp
Hi, Is there a way to print the company logo for multiple companies on a single (report writer) report? eg. printing an invoice from company A will print the logo for company A, while printing the same invoice for company B will print the logo for company B. This refers specifically to RM invoices and not SOP (where its possible to do this with the different forms). Also, I am aware that this may be possible from Crystal and even using multiple reports dictionaries - but was just wondering if there is a simple way to get this out of GP and one reports.dic? Ritesh Maharaj Hi Rites...

Printing a bitmap
Hi, I'm trying to print out a bitmap using the document/view architecture of MFC. The bitmap looks pretty good on my view class, but does not on the preview window. Can anyone help? The section of the OnDraw function of the view class looks like this void myViewClass:OnDraw(CDC* pDC) { .... CBitmap bitmap; CDC dcMemory; bitmap.LoadBitmap(IDB_BITMAP_GMBH); dcMemory.CreateCompatibleDC(pDC); dcMemory.SelectObject(&bitmap); CSize bitSize(117, 96); pDC->DPtoLP(&bitSize); pDC->StretchBlt(nHeaderTextMid -, -720,, -bitSize...

Print Help Files
When I click on help in an application about 40 folders show up. I want to print them all to get a user guide. I can print each folder one at a time with all the folder's contents, but that's a very time consuming process. Is there any way I can print all 40 folders with their contents with one print command? Bob Speck I use to use HLP2RTF many years ago. Do a search for it. ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorer On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 16:35:32 -1000, in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, Bob Speck <bobspeck@...

printing labels - using Avery # - not lining up
Using Word 2007 - running windows XP - labels are not lining up - is there some adjustment/calibration to do somewhere to get the labels to print correctly? 1. You have added a header/footer to normal.dotm (rename normal.dotm) 2. The page size set in the printer properties doesn't match the page size of the label sheet. 3. You have a scaling option set in the zoom section of the print dialog 4. Your printer has poor paper handling. Some printers will slip when faced with label stock and thus are incapable of feeding the label correctly. Cleaning the rollers in the print path...

print worksheet group in color
I'm selecting a group of worksheets to print together, and want to print all of the worksheets in color. I specify on the printer dialog to print in color, however, only the first page actually prints in color. Inpage setup - sheet - print, black and white is not selected. Any thoughts? May be a printer issue? ...

Printing or Not Printing Pictures
Using Access 2007. This may not be the best approach but this is what I have done... I am trying to create a home inspection database. In my table for bathroom I have the following fields referring to pictures: TPic as an Attachment to add pictures of a toilet (don't laugh!); SPic for sink; VHPic for Venting/Heating; BTPic for bath-tub; SHPic for Shower..... On the form for each area (I have the form set-up as pages / tabs) each attachment field is on the applicable page. That works fine. The user can add as many pictures as they want easily. I can put the attachment...

prob.with printing word doc.
greetings, My Word program crashes almost everytime I hit the print button. The last time I tried,it did not crash, but did not print. Instead, it said it was spooling, and stayed there. If it crashes again, what info from the report will be helpful in determining how to fix this problem? If it is a printer driver problem, is it always the printer that I am trying to use to print the word doc.? I have three hooked up at this time. (UPS.etc) The printer that I am trying to use for this doc is practically new. Thanks, JS Make sure that you have the latest driver for your ...

files size expands for no apparent reason when saving.
Using Office XP on Windows XP Professional. I have several excel files used as simple databases that I add to daily. The files size is at the end of the year is never over 1.5mb. I start a new file from a template yearly. Occassionaly, for no apparent reason the file size will jump to as much as 5mb and the only way to fix it is to copy and paste the data into a new file. This has happend in all excel files of this type from Office 97 to Office XP. Any suggestions? When you hit ctrl-End, do you go way past what you think should be the bottom right cell? If yes, then take a look at De...

Print preview doesn't show all of the workbook pages to print in 2007
I was going to print a multiple worksheet workbook, selected to print the entire workbook, then saw that it was spooling 187 pages! I cancelled it immediately, though it would have been a good reference, but I was thinking it was going to be less than couple of dozen sheets. I went into Print Preview and it would only show me the pages for the current selected worksheet. How in Excel 2007 can I find out how many pages will print if I select the whole workbook? When I select all the sheets to be printed and then do a print preview I see the count of all pages for all sheets. -- Jim...

Print poster on letter size for proof
I am getting into designing posters. i would like to print a "small" version of the poster on a letter size paper. Help!! Thank you! You will need a printer that has built in 'Print to Scale' or 'Print to Fit'. If you have Adobe Acrobat full version or some other PDF program, make a PDF and use the option 'Fit to Page' -- Hi - Try this: Select All> Group> Copy> Paste Special - as Picture Make sure you have at least one graphic element in it. (Save your "original" - you cannot edit the individual elements of the "picture&...

When I print but not in print preview
Print preview for a worksheet I have looks good, but when I print, one row has what looks like a light border under it (although this is not showing up on the cell formatting). I tried printing to another printer and it still shows up. Any thoughts on how to get rid of it? Any chance you have a small drawing object (line/shrunken textbox/rectangle) that's causing the trouble? Edit|Goto Special|check Objects. Maybe it was a shape that got squished (technical term!). nesser522 wrote: > > Print preview for a worksheet I have looks good, but when I print, one row > has what ...

Publisher printing problem
I am trying to print out a file from Publisher 2003. I scanned in a color file through my Visioneer 8100 Scanner via Paperport, saved it as a JPEG and copied it into Publisher. After adding some text, I resave the file (.pub). When I print it on my HP Photosmart 7550, it only prints solid black. BTW, it looks fine in Print Preview, and prints to my Lexmark E210 laserjet as a black/white document. Any ideas??? In news:190c701c41c09$380b3b00$a301280a@phx.gbl, Rob Rothschild <> posted: > I am trying to print out a file from Publisher 2003. ...

Banner printing
I am trying to print banners on fan fold paper. This used to work fine on publisher 2000. Publisher 2003 seem to be unable to do it. Anyone else come across this problem ? This would be a printer selection. Setup your printer for continuous paper, then setup your page. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP news:// "Greatbeardyone" <> wrote in message >I am trying to print banners on fan fold paper. This used to ...

How do you get transparency settings on a fill effect to print?
Hi- I am working on a publication for print. I have used a two-color gradient effect to fill an object. I then applied transparency to allow objects in the background to show through as sillouettes. It looks great on screen, but when I go to print, the transparency is ignored. I have tried multiple printers, so the problem seems to be within Publisher. Transparency does work when the object is filled with a single color not using an effect. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks. Known bug in Microsoft Office applications. The current work around is to select the image, go ...

Doing Print Preview in a Dialog App
I am writing a Dialog based App in Visual C++. I need printing support, and of course MFC doesn't automatically support it for a Dialog App, so I have added the code myself. I can get it to print just fine by making a device context and attaching it to the printer. However I don't know how to go about bringing up a Print Preview rather than sending my output to the printer. I know VC uses something called CPreviewDC which is defined in "afxpriv.h", however I can't figure out how to bring up the preview window and all that. Anyone have experience with this? Thanks for an...