how do I omit a page number on the last page

Follow
Email
we need to delete a page number from the footer of the last page of a
research paper.  We are using Word 2007.  None of the previous helps seems to
work.
Thanks.
0
Reply Utf 12/8/2009 4:17:01 AM

{ IF { PAGE } < { NUMPAGES } { PAGE } } will do it if you haven't restarted
numbering.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Kristij" <Kristij@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> we need to delete a page number from the footer of the last page of a
> research paper.  We are using Word 2007.  None of the previous helps seems
> work.
> Thanks.

0
Reply Suzanne 12/8/2009 4:33:11 AM
This is what I do
Under Page Layout add a section break in the next to last page.
Then go to last page, click in the footer.  The header/foot tools | Design
should appear - under Navigation, click highlighted button at top "Link to
Previous".  Delete any page number information in footer.  You should now
have pg number in all but the last page.

"Kristij" wrote:

> we need to delete a page number from the footer of the last page of a
> research paper.  We are using Word 2007.  None of the previous helps seems to
> work.
> Thanks.
4
Reply Utf 12/8/2009 3:08:01 PM
Follow
Email

Page break
I have a letter that is 3 pages. It is set up as a report to feed off a query. How do I set a page break so that each person will get 3 seperate pages? On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 06:57:01 -0800, LG <LG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a letter that is 3 pages. It is set up as a report to feed off a >query. How do I set a page break so that each person will get 3 seperate >pages? One of the controls on the Report Design toolbox is a page break. Insert one wherever you want a new page. -- John W. Vinson [MVP] Or group the report by the ad...

Add page breaks after a certain number of cells in a column meet a condition
Hi I'm trying to insert a page break after a certain number (26) of cells, with length >=21, is exceeded I've grabbed snippets of code from here and there but can't get it to work. Any help would be appreciated Thanks Ritchi Sub InsertPageBreak() 'insert a page break after the count of cells in column 1 with a defined length (>=21 by default) is exceeded (26 is the default count to trigger a page insert) Application.ScreenUpdating = False ActiveSheet.Activate Dim CountOfItems As Long CountOfItems = 0 Call PageBreaksHorizontalRemove lr = Ce...

Word page templates in SSRS, and creating a summary page in SSRS
Hi, I will design a SSRS report that is supposed to be dynamic pages, meaning that some pages should be displayed and some not. I was thinking in creating few template pages, and based on the configuration, provided by the database, use the appropriate page templates for each pages, seeding the information according to the provided data. Question 1: How to create page templates in SSRS, choosing the template to be used on each rendered page? Question 2: How to create an Summary (index) dynamically (rendering a word document) in SSRS? Thanks, Rob ...

Criteria to prompt for field and omit certain records
I have a query that prompts the user for the install number. I also need it to omit any records that have "obsolete" in any of the revision fields. Following is my SQL code. If I include the Not Like "*obs*" criteria, the install number is not included in the report. If I exclude the Not Like "*obs*" criteria, the install number is included in the report, however all records with a revision of Obsolete also show up. SELECT [Engineering Drawing Numbers].MasterProject, [Engineering Drawing Numbers].[INSTALL NUMBER], [Engineering Drawing Numbers].[INST...

how print page out of pages, w/o header?
Thanks for any help. I have a workbook, with a header for some columns, but the last page of the workbook (the lowest rows of worksheet), don't need the headers, but I don't see any functions for stopping headers on a certain page. Is this possible? Not a big deal, it's just a row of labels with no info underneath them, but I would like to get rid of this header for this one last page if possible. Of course, I could change from headers to putting it into the worksheet itself, but I was wondering if I could do it this way. Thanks again. Check your print range in File | Page ...

Fake email with subject "Last critical patch"
Everyday I receive fake emails from "MS Technical Support" or "Microsoft Network System" with subject as "Critical Patch" or "Bug Announcement". Is it a virus? Only few of our users mailbox are affected? How to remove this virus? Thanks in advance J Justin Justin: Though I have never actually clicked on any of these links, I suspect it is either a worm or someone trying to get your users to load spyware. The messages are probably not originating from within your network, though. See if your antivirus or antispam system allows you to fil...

Many page faults in a 32-bit program running under WOW64
Hello, I am using Windows 7 64-bit but I develop a 32-bit application. When It is running, the Windows task manager reports millions of page faults and I am trying to track them to improve performance. The number of page faults reported for the same program using a 32-bit version of Windows is not so big, so it has to do with WOW64. I try to focus on faults directly linked to my code but most of the page faults come from Windows Api like ReadFile or SysAllocStringLen, and I cannot change anything to that. Is it well known that Win32 APIs can generate a lot of page faults, or is t...

CHHTML Dialog
I'm using a CDHTMLDialog which loads it's contents from our website I call the Navigate function and this works very well but is there a way to be notified when the page has been successfully loaded and displayed? Any help will be much appreciated Phil "phil" <phil@oakleafsoftware.co.uk> wrote in message news:O4M0DU8CHHA.204@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I'm using a CDHTMLDialog which loads it's contents from our website > > I call the Navigate function and this works very well > > but is there a way to be notified when the page has been suc...

Concatenate for Numbers?
In column A of my spreadsheet is Start Date (01/01/04), Column B is End date (01/10/04). Each rows contains different start and end dates. I am attempting to tie these two together without retyping 300 rows of data. I need a single column for date range (01/01/04 - 01/10/04). I attempted to use Concatenate, however, it only works with text. Is there a formula that I can use to join these two together. Your assistance is apprecitated. Michelle Hi Michelle, Try, =TEXT(A1,"mm/dd/yy")&" - "&TEXT(B1,"mm/dd/yy") Hope this helps! In article <1b...

When sorting, how would I omit duplicates?
I am working with several data spreadsheets. I have to weekly update new information into one spreadsheet. Question: When sorting new data with the old data, how would I omit the duplicates. You can't AFAIK. You could filter the data for unique records (Data>Filet>Advanced Filter) and then sort that data. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Blaine Fray" <Blaine Fray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2795CB5A-22E0-425D-8B84-0F7C0192600C@microsoft.com... > I am working with several data spreadsheets. I have t...

My file menu does not display "Send this page as message" or any .
I created an email newsletter using the email newsletter template. The only thing I see under File is to send the entire document as an attachment. Pub 2003 is supposed to be able to send the page as an email. If I try to cut and paste, it loses all formating. Why doesn't my File menu display what it's supposed to display? This article will help http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH062524821033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "hungryformore" <hungryformore@discussions.microsoft....

Recognize the code page
Hello, All! How to recognize the code page of the text in the CString object or char*/TCHAR* array? I need to distinguish the OEM, ANSI & Unicode code pages. WMP is now playing: Scorpions - Restless Nights ....Don't give in without a fight... With best regards, William Mahoney. ...

the last one to three characters of Y-axis label cannot be display
I am using Sony VAIO laptop (Model PCG-K23). The y-axis labe cannot be display fully in Excel 2003, Excel XP, and even Excel Work that came with this laptop. The Sony customer care guys attribute this problem to MS software problem. Does any one know how I can solve this problem? I have updated my Office2003, Window XP, and even graphic driver (ATI Radeon IGP). ...

can't print separate entries per page after merge
I merged information from access into publisher for a postcard. But now when I test print I get the same 4 entries on the same page. I would like to have 4 different entries on each page instead. How do I set that up? Thanks for the help, -- RJ Are you actually printing it or just looking at Print Preview? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "rjincali" <rjincali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5A74256-8FFF-4D87-A788-5BA149A44B84@microsoft.com... >I merged information from access into publisher for a postcard. But now >when > I test p...

Number fields being converted to text
Some of the number fields (long integer, single and double formats) in my query are being converted to text but this is not what I want. It so happens that I used the Nz function to subsitute dummy values into these fields. Is this what converted them to text or is it something else? I'm using Access 2003. Thanks, Patrick Patrick, It would help if we saw your query, . You may need to explicitly type some of your computed fields. Something like: SELECT clng(NZ([SomeField], 0)) as SomeInteger you can use the clng( ), csng( ), and cdbl( ) functions for this. HTH Dale -- Don&#...

Number grids
Hello, I use EXCEL 2003. I'm trying to apportion some costs to optimise returns. I have managed to work out how to do it for 2 or 3 variables and use a grid form which I can see how returns are effected depending on what % of resource are allocated. For 2 variables e.g. Column A 100, 0, 99, 1, 98, 2 etc. Column B 0, 100, 1, 99, 2, 98 etc. and For 3 variables Column A 100, 0, 0, 99, 99, 0, 1, 0, 1, 98, 98, 98, 0, 2 etc. Column B 0, 100, 0, 1, 0, 99, 99, 1, 0, 2, 0, 1, 98, 98, etc. Column C 0, 0, 100, 0, 1, 1, 0, 99, 9...

Formatting Totals at Bottom of Page
I have some csv data the I pull into Excel to format and etc. The data rows are always different (from month to month). One time I will have 400 rows, the next time I might have 58. Is there a way to force Excel to Autosum defined columns on each page without having to Insert a row at the bottom of each page? Intuitively, everyone wants to the see the totals row at the bottom of the sheet. As you have discovered, the simplest thing to do is to put the totals row at the top of the sheet! The first row would contain sums, the second row might contain labels and the third row on down m...

Page Numbers ???
Can I modify a report in Report Writer that will give Page Numbers like the following example: Page 1 of 3, Page 2 of 3, Page 3 of 3? Consulta, Due to limitations with Report Writer, this is not possible in GP. Unlike some other reporting systems like Crystal Reports, the Report Writer is a single pass system. That means that it has no way to make a pass through the report to calculate the total number of pages and then go back and produce the output. If I remember correctly, Crystal actually makes up to five passes through the data to do various calculations and amass the report before ...

Force new page after a sub-report
I put 2 sub-report on a main report. How do I print a new page after the first sub-report is printed out? ...

word 2003
hi .. I have word 2003. If I use format, background and select a colour, the whole page turns that colour. However, it does not print that colour nor does the colour show in print preview. Does anyone know how to format a page so that the background colour will print? d I finally found the answer just after I posted this! By default, background colors will NOT be printed: 1. Click "Tools" then "Options". 2. When the "Options" multi-tabbed dialog box appears, click the "Print" tab. 3. Check "Background colors and images&qu...

adding cross-functional flowchart changes page-layout
i would like to add to a "landscape" page a stencil>flowchart>cross-functional flowchart shapes vertical. when adding it the page converse automatically to a "portrait" page, while it should remain "landscape" the same happens if I add cross-functional flowchart shapes horizontal to a "portrait" page. it changes into a "landscape" page. can I avoid this? thx, kjetil I can't think of a way to avoid having the page orientation switch to portrait when you drop the functional band shape out and pick vertical. Visio automatically cha...

Converting excel spread sheet to html then to web page
I am having problems getting my html folder to work in a web page. I am at a lost what to do next. I am using excel xp. Please help. -- Thank you, Donka34 ...

Tabbed Pages Not Refreshing
Access 2007, with two tables. Table A has field1 as the primary key field Table B has field1(same as field1 in table A) and field2 as a dual primary key. The two table are joined via an inner join using field1 (1 to many) A form has been created, towards the top is field1 plus other fields from table A The form has 5 pages below, with field2 on each page. If I create a new row on the first page of the paged portion of the form, and enter a value into field 2, it will not show up on the other pages unless I navigate to the next record on the main portion of the form and then go ...

Ability to Change PO Number When Generating PO From Sales Order
When generating a Purchase Order using the SOP to POP link (from Sales Transaction Entry) would like the ability to change the next PO Number. ...

video on web page
I can not figure out how to put a video on my web page. Can anyone guide me how to do this? I've never made a web page before. Reference Including external files in a Publisher web by David Bartosik http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/search.aspx?q=external&p=1 DavidF "arturo jacinto" <arturojacinto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D05DC2CB-C1E0-45F0-AE7C-B73B14A112D1@microsoft.com... > I can not figure out how to put a video on my web page. Can anyone guide me > how to do this? I've never made a web page before. ...