how do I omit a page number on the last page

  • Follow

we need to delete a page number from the footer of the last page of a
research paper.  We are using Word 2007.  None of the previous helps seems to
work.
Thanks.
0
Reply Utf 12/8/2009 4:17:01 AM

{ IF { PAGE } < { NUMPAGES } { PAGE } } will do it if you haven't restarted
numbering.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Kristij" <Kristij@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> we need to delete a page number from the footer of the last page of a
> research paper.  We are using Word 2007.  None of the previous helps seems
> work.
> Thanks.

0
Reply Suzanne 12/8/2009 4:33:11 AM

This is what I do
Under Page Layout add a section break in the next to last page.
Then go to last page, click in the footer.  The header/foot tools | Design
should appear - under Navigation, click highlighted button at top "Link to
Previous".  Delete any page number information in footer.  You should now
have pg number in all but the last page.

"Kristij" wrote:

> we need to delete a page number from the footer of the last page of a
> research paper.  We are using Word 2007.  None of the previous helps seems to
> work.
> Thanks.
1
Reply Utf 12/8/2009 3:08:01 PM