How do I get Word 2007 to single space when I hit the enter key?

  • Follow

How do I get Word 2007 to single space when I hit the enter key?  It's
double-spacing...
0
Reply Utf 2/9/2010 7:46:01 PM

Create a new, blank document. In the Paragraph dialog box, set Spacing
Before and After to zero, and then click the Default button. If/when you are
prompted to save the Normal template, choose to do so.

To open the Paragraph dialog box, you can click the dialog launcher button
(the arrow on the bottom right) of the Paragraph group on the Home tab.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"plkldf" <plkldf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I get Word 2007 to single space when I hit the enter key?  It's
> double-spacing...

0
Reply Stefan 2/9/2010 8:06:33 PM

Use the Word 2003 style set - Home tab > Change Styles > Style set.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

"plkldf" <plkldf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I get Word 2007 to single space when I hit the enter key?  It's
> double-spacing...

0
Reply Graham 2/10/2010 7:40:00 AM

(page loaded in 0.138 seconds)