do no split table across pages

How do I make a table NOT split across pages without adding a page
break?
The last row goes on the next page.
I might add text above so adding a page break is not a good solution.
0
jammer

Can we clarify - you DONT want a table to extend to a new page.
The following article has tips on how to control tables extending across
pages.
 http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/KeepTableOn1Page.htm

Hope this helps
DeanH

On Dec 16, 4:16=A0am, DeanH <De...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Can we clarify - you DONT want a table to extend to a new page.
> The following article has tips on how to control tables extending across
> pages.
> =A0http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/KeepTableOn1Page.htm
>
> Hope this helps
> DeanH
>
> "jammer" wrote:
> > How do I make a table NOT split across pages without adding a page
> > break?
> > The last row goes on the next page.
> > I might add text above so adding a page break is not a good solution.
> > .

Thanks, that is exactly what I want.
0
jammer
12/16/2009 6:39:54 PM
Glad it works for you.
All the best
DeanH

"jammer" wrote:

> On Dec 16, 4:16 am, DeanH <De...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Can we clarify - you DONT want a table to extend to a new page.
> > The following article has tips on how to control tables extending across
> > pages.
> >  http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/KeepTableOn1Page.htm
> >
> > Hope this helps
> > DeanH
> >
> > "jammer" wrote:
> > > How do I make a table NOT split across pages without adding a page
> > > break?
> > > The last row goes on the next page.
> > > I might add text above so adding a page break is not a good solution.
> > > .
>
> Thanks, that is exactly what I want.
> .

Import from QUERY in another database not from table
Hi, I really need to import a union query from another database. What I'm actually doing is importing the query as table in the query's database, and then import that table in each user application. The problem is that i can't get the table to be updated automatically :((( Is there any way to link directly to the query, or any other ideas????? -- Thanks, Sorry if my english isn''t correct, but I''m from Potugal ;) Emanuel Violante Galeano On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 00:25:01 -0800, Emanuel Violante <EmanuelViolante@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi,...

Save As Web Page option not there!
Hello, I am wondering why the help file in Publisher 2002 says "to save a file as a web page Click File, Save As Web Page" on the the menu toolbar. For some reason this option does not appear, nor does it appear in the Tools, Customize, Commands Tab. If this is the case and my program is working right, then how is this simple task achieved? Look further at the menu FILE and you will find the options there you need. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Dan Whitten <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I am wondering why the he...

Synchronize new field in table TransactionEntry
Hi, I created a new field in the table TransactionEntry but it is not being Synchronized in Headquarters. The field exists both in the HQ database an in the store database. I did the same thing with the table Transaction an the synchronization of the field I added works fine. Thanks, Irene Hi Irene, First of all we never recommended to do so like modify the existing structure b/c you never know the new release has what changed. Anyhow you said that in Transaction table it is working but not with TransactionEntry table ?? It is becuase that when the HQ is sync the data it is syncing...

Requisition Manager Tables
Hi Can someone tell me what the SQL Tables are called that are being used by Requisition Manager? I need to write a system that will populate these tables. TIA walterd If you are talking about the Requistions Management (or eRequisitions) then those are MBF***** tables. Good luck writing to those, they use a lot of wierd columns from Sharepoint. Mike "walterd" <walterd@ananzi.co.za> wrote in message news:OvH1%23ugPHHA.780@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi > > Can someone tell me what the SQL Tables are called that are being used by > Requisition Manager? I...

Split tasks a splitting headache
Inherited another Project IMS. I am noticing right off that the previous scheduler has been starting tasks without their FS preds completing. Yeah, it does show up as a spit bar in the gantt chart. But, does anyone know a way to filter out just task that started before predecessor completion? I'm dealing with several thousand lines. Thanks. -- trailerpup ------------------------------------------------------------------------ trailerpup's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/116596.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1290853.htm ...

Pivot tables Excel 2007
After making a connection to a cube, and the Pivot table boxes show up in Excel - all my Dimensions show up UN-collapsed - and there seems to be no easy way to collapse them all at once. Does anyone know how to collapse them at start up or collapse all ? Does anyone have a solution to this? When you have a cube with 30 dimensions and all the attributes are expanded - it's scroll hell trying to find things. Is there any way to make all the dimensions all be collapsed? "Joe" <hortoristic@gmail.dot.com> wrote in message news:0A03019E-4540-407D-8588-0FC0D238957F@mi...

Question with UpdatePanel Partial Page postback
Could Some help: I have a page with a (gridview nested within a gridview) in an UpdatePanel (UpdateMode="Conditional"). The nested gridview drops down when you click on an arrow and then you can click on each subgrid rows command field. The gridviews are loaded from the Page_Load event. When I click on the commandfield in the subgrid the Page_Load fires during the partial page postback. From what I have read this is normal with UpdatePanels. But What I don't understand is why both Page.IsPostBack and ScriptManager.GetCurrent(Page).IsInAsyncPostBack test...

creating forms with multiple tables
I have Access 2002, I created two tables, one that has all our customer information and the other will put in information pertaining to services rendered on a customers' pc. My question is, I created a form combining these two tables. I did it all as one form instead of using a sub form. When I go to the form to start entering information it will allow me to add the information for the customer but not the information for the computer. The table with the customer information has all the information in it, the table that will have the computer information gets added as the forms ...

Update data function across 2 workbooks
My question is, is it possible for data to be ported over 2 workbook just by clicking on the data on the first one via external links? For example, I have 2 workbooks - -catalogue.xls- and -order.xls-. Wha i want is for my customers to be able to look at the items available i -catalogue.xls-, and when they see an item that they want to order, al they have to do is to click on it, and the data in that highlighted ro will be ported over to -order.xls-. Is such a thing even possible? If it is, how shoud I go abou constructing such a spreadsheet? What values shoudl I define, etc etc? thank you...

How to randomly split a whole dataset into two sub-dataset?
Hi, At your possible convenience, might anyone please kindly answer my question? Thank you very much. How to "RANDOMLY" split the whole data set (n=2000) into two sub dataset (n=1000; n=1000) in SPSS or Excel? Thank you very much. Please take care Caroline zencaroline <zencaroline@gmail.com> writes: > How to "RANDOMLY" split the whole data set (n=2000) into two sub > dataset (n=1000; n=1000) in SPSS or Excel? Create a new variable whose value is randomly distributed. Sort the data on this variable. Take the first 1000 cases ...

Table-data transformation
I would like to take data from 3 different columns of data and recombine to a different format in another column. The original data is a series of numerical and text codes. first column, second column, third column 12,30,1245CF I would like the new column to contain the data in this form: 12-30-1245CF Can this transformation be automated? Can I set up a form to just collect the individual numbers and make the table transform them to this new form and unique identifier (key) ??? Or perhaps the form transforms and puts the data in the table. I need the data in both formats and don't wan...

Pivot table/chart
Is there a way to categorize data by named ranges of the column headings rather than individual column headings? Excell will not allow me to group the data. I need to be able to pivot between certain ranges rather than eliminate or add one column at a time. Or perhaps someone can suggest a different way to do it. I need to create 1 chart to pivot between the first 5, 7, 9 and 11 data columns. ...

Data Table
Hello, I have a graph measuring two points of data. But I just want to see one of them in the Data Table and both in the graph. How do I visually get rid of one of the data in the data table but keep it visually in the graph? Thanks in advance. I don't think you can. I think you'd have to just put the "data table" in manually, because, as far as I know, an actual data table is what it is and doesn't give you much room for customization. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fi...

Display Data On Split Form
Not sure how to ask this but here goes. In AC 2007 I have a split form that I want to display a value that will show regardless of the row I select in the datasheet. This is the number of vacation days one will have through-out the year and of course it changes as vacations days get used up. Any help will be appreciated, James "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:6A4DFFD9-3302-4A10-B51A-153373D266FD@microsoft.com... > Not sure how to ask this but here goes. > In AC 2007 I have a split form that I want to display a value > that will show regardl...

Project Accounting
We are developing a couple of custom reports for Project Accounting. We are having a very difficult time finding the right table and field to populate the report. We are trying to identify the field that shows total revenue recognized to date for a project. We found a field that looks like it should work, but it also picks up all the costs in addition to the revenue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Goto Tools>> Resource description>> tables Choose Product: Project Accounting Series: Project View by: Table group techinical name where PA23301 to PA33304 , are s...

Unwanted replicated split screen
I know I could re-install excell but before I do, is there anyone here who can help me disable a setting that I have no idea how it came about. I can only describe it as 2 identical execl grids on the same worksheet. Accompanying image will show you. Help. Thanks. +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: excel_display_duplication.GIF | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3855 | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- BoyLeroy -----------------------------------...

Can't find my Front End Folder after database split
I just split my database base to allow for ease of use for multiple users. Ererything, it seemed, went smoothly until i try to find the fron-end folder. It is nowhere to be found. Should it be label ****_fe.mbd like the back end? Please help. Thaanks. It will be called that, unless you typed something else in the save as dialog. I thought it ended up in the same folder as the backend after splitting. Easiest way is to go back to the original and split it again, this time take note of where you save it before you press the button. Jeanette Cunningham "Joe" <Joe@discussi...

page size revers to default by itself
I have a problem with MS Office Publisher 2003, (11.8166.8172) SP3 on Windows XP, SP2. I have a large format printer (Epson 1400) that will print up to 13x17. When I try to print a size larger than 8 1/2 x 11, I set it up but the printer prints only an 8 1/2 x 11 section of the 13 x 17 page. When I set up, I set the page size in Publisher 2003 to 11x17. I then select my printer from the control panel and set it up for 13x17 also. When the printer's driver window pops up in the lower right hand corner of my screen, it show that the printer is set for 8 1/2 x 11 and prints that size....

border strip prints several times down page rather than left borde
when viewing the page normally and on the print preview, the blue faded stripe that i put down the left hand side of the page appears where i want it to be. On the left hand side. It is preformatted as a theme. That can be found under format menu, theme, blends. But when I print it, it prints the blue stripe several times down the page.... How do i get the border to fix on the left hand side when using word office 2003? ...

Table Indexes after upgrade to Dynamics GP v9
After upgrading to Dynamics GP we received an error that was due to "Index 'AK6GL00100' on table 'GMI.dbo.GL00100' does not exist". While troubleshooting this problem I found that there were not any clustered indexes on my GL00100 or GL00105 tables. So, I found the Indexes.cmp in the SQL\Install\0\Company on the server and tried to load the indexes for those tables from that file. That's when I discovered that the indexes in this file were not consistent with our account framework and assumed only 5 segments were in use. Thus, the reason why they failed to loa...

Pivot Table Subtotal
Hi I have a hug pivot table and there is no subtotal. Please show me how to add subtotal to a pivot table. Is it really complicate? Thanks Hi, Have a look at the following websites for Pivot Table help. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm Debra Dalgleish http://www.cpearson.com/excel/pivots.htm Chip Pearson FYI when you are creating the table, you will need to drag two or more of your fields over into the row section of the Layout, then the pivot table will subtotal by those categories. HTH >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I have a hug pivot table an...

split column
I have a column of data in the following format column A John B. Smith What I want to do is split this column into three separate column so that it will appear as below Column B Column C Column D John B. Smith. Is there a formula that can help me do this. TIA Tlee, If all the names follow the same format (you don't say), you can use Data - Text to columns, using a space as the separator. Make sure that the columns to the right are empty before you start. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ---------------------------...

Table Conflicts
Hello All, I have installed CRM and all is working fine except that I hacve noted recently that through Enterprise Manager in my CRM Database I see several tables with the prefix 'Conflicts_TableName'. I believe these are due to some Replication Issues that are not happening. I believe its because SQL is configured to use an Domain Account - a setting that I had kept during Installation and currently I log on the system as the Administrator and not the Domain Account. IF that is the case how can I resolve this issue? and would it be SAFE to delete those Conflicts Tables? Please Advi...

Split data into new sheets
I have a (very) long list, sorted by account code. I would like to write a macro that splits the list into separate sheets in the workbook, with a separate sheet for each account code. Ideally, I would also like to rename each sheet to show which account code the sheet contains. I have no idea, though, where to start. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Hi bernard How many different accounts are in the list (more or less than 250)??? below some code that I use to split files by account numbers where the user has to select a cell within the column that contains the account number... Hope thi...

lost pages
When I open a document of more than one page, I do not have the page numbers at the bottom therefore I cannot open all pages without going to the view menu and using the up and down page view and then closing. This is a real problem as I do all my work in Publisher - HELP Hi Mary Ellen (dameco@hur.midco.net), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || When I open a document of more than one page, I do not || have the page numbers at the bottom therefore I cannot || open all pages without going to the view menu and using || the up and down page view and then closing. This is a || real pr...