cm to pts?

When formatting a word document, how do you switch from measurements in cm to
points?
ex) I need a series of documents that have top margins of 75 pts and bottom
margins of 70 points. But when I am working on a different computer, the
"Page set-up" options are in cm.

Don't bother to switch. Just type the point measurements in the boxes and
include the pt unit, and Word will do the conversion automatically.

If it bothers you enough to switch, the answer depends on what version of
Word it is. In 2003 or earlier, go to Tools > Options > General and change
the "Measurement units" dropdown. In 2007 and 2010, go to Office button >
Word Options > Advanced, scroll down to the Display section, and change the
same dropdown.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

saranm wrote:
> When formatting a word document, how do you switch from measurements
> in cm to points?
> ex) I need a series of documents that have top margins of 75 pts and
> bottom margins of 70 points. But when I am working on a different
> computer, the "Page set-up" options are in cm.

0
Jay
5/20/2010 4:45:26 PM
Do however see also http://www.gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Jay Freedman" <jay.freedman@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Don't bother to switch. Just type the point measurements in the boxes and
> include the pt unit, and Word will do the conversion automatically.
>
> If it bothers you enough to switch, the answer depends on what version of
> Word it is. In 2003 or earlier, go to Tools > Options > General and change
> the "Measurement units" dropdown. In 2007 and 2010, go to Office button >
> Word Options > Advanced, scroll down to the Display section, and change
> the same dropdown.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Jay Freedman
> Microsoft Word MVP        FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup
> so all may benefit.
>
> saranm wrote:
>> When formatting a word document, how do you switch from measurements
>> in cm to points?
>> ex) I need a series of documents that have top margins of 75 pts and
>> bottom margins of 70 points. But when I am working on a different
>> computer, the "Page set-up" options are in cm.

0
Graham

CM logical tables checklinks
When posting a transaction in Bank Transaction Entry today, we received the following message: An unexpected error occurred while posting this transaction. Use the Check Links window to check links on the CM (Bank Reconciliation) logical tables. We ran check links for the CM Setup and CM Transaction, but when we go to post the transaction, we receive the same message again. Does anyone have any thoughts on what else could be done to allow this to post? Thanks, Dan Dan, Have you ran a DEXSQL.LOG file yet? 1) Exit GP 2) Open Windows Explorer and locate the DEX.INI file. It will be ...

How can I get 7.3 million data pts on one line graph?
I'm creating simple x,y line graphs with data collected at 2-minute intervals over the course of a year. Since excel will only graph 32,000 data points in a given series, I'm only able to show ~a month and half of data on any one graph. Is there any way I can show an entire year of data (7.3 million data points) on one graph using excel or another program? Obviously simple multiplication is also a problem for me. I need to get about 242,000 points on one graph. NOT 7.3 million. "tobesus" wrote: > I'm creating simple x,y line graphs with data collected at 2-mi...

Data pts do not show up in chart when inserted, Help?
My data pts do not show up , my scales are right, what gives? if you use automatic max and min on the axis do they show up? if so at what value? "johnathan" wrote: > My data pts do not show up , my scales are right, what gives? How are you inserting points? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ johnathan wrote: > My data pts do not show up , my scales are right, what gives? ...

cm/inches
How to change measurement units fron cm to inches? (1) Buy a different ruler. (2) Divide by 2.54 (3) put your value in CM in cell A5, and put this formula in cell B5 to get IN: =CONVERT(A5,"cm","in") - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ _______ mircea wrote: > How to change measurement units fron cm to inches? mircea This would be done through Windows Control Panel>Regional Settings>Options>Customize>Measurement System>U.S. Note: this is a global setting and will affect ...

2007-excel; cannot generate bar graphs when too many data pts?
For 2007 excel, when I have too many data points (more than 12) and run a column or bar chart, the chart I generate will only display lines (instead of bars). Is there any way to prevent this from happening? I'm having the same problem. If you figured out how to fix this, let me know! I really need to make graphs for a publication I'm working on and having a lot of issues. redlee wrote: 2007-excel; cannot generate bar graphs when too many data pts? 10-Sep-09 For 2007 excel, when I have too many data points (more than 12) and run a column or bar chart, the chart I generate wil...

Print template on a 42 cm * 28 cm paper
I would like to print a template on a big size paper 42 cm * 28 cm with my printer (manual tray), so that the template fits the size of that paper. It appears much to small now when I print it, I would like the size of the template to adjust to the size of the page. Thank you. ...

cm to pts?
When formatting a word document, how do you switch from measurements in cm to points? ex) I need a series of documents that have top margins of 75 pts and bottom margins of 70 points. But when I am working on a different computer, the "Page set-up" options are in cm. Don't bother to switch. Just type the point measurements in the boxes and include the pt unit, and Word will do the conversion automatically. If it bothers you enough to switch, the answer depends on what version of Word it is. In 2003 or earlier, go to Tools > Options > General and change th...

Can I get font sizes larger that 72 pts.?
Why is it that Office 2003 does not allow me to use a font size larger that 72 pts? Apple has font sizes that are over 200 pts., and even OpenOfice has font sizes up to 96 pts. I need the larger fonts for Word and Publisher (2003). Any one have any suggestions or clues? This works in Publisher 2000. In the font size box, type in any number you wish; I've gone above 100 many times. -- Don Vancouver, USA "PB&J" <PBJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B979DD7-3BCB-40D8-A0EA-60F8DC6C5E93@microsoft.com... > Why is it that Office 2003 does not al...

How to adjust width and height of cells in cm instead of inch or pixel ?
Thanks a lot See mr Erlandsen's page http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/vba/ws/setrowcolumnmm.php -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Excel MVP Followup to newsgroup only please. "Xueliang" <hfzxl@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uuSBhyQXDHA.3232@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Thanks a lot > > Thanks Harald, Thanks Peter, That's very helpful to me, All the best. "Xueliang" <hfzxl@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uuSBhyQXDHA.3232@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Thanks a lot > > ...

Excel displaying inches not cm
Having a problem with Excel recently (last week or so) whereby the "format Picture" option is displaying the measurements in inches, despite the OS Regional Setting of Metric. 1) I have switched the regional setting from Metric to US, then back to Metric, which fixes the problem, but it then reverts to inches when I reopen excel 2) Only affecting Excel, not Word etc. 3) Only affecting the Format Picture option, the margins and page sizes are still displaying in cm/mm 4) Excel 2003, on WinXP Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

cm to inch conversion
How, do you change the margins from cms to inches through the page set up or any other set up in Excel Look up CONVERT in Help, lots of variations on conversion. In your case =CONVERT(H7,"cm","in") -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0aa801c3a082$8bf3cff0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How, do you change the margins from cms to inches through > the page set up or any other set up in Excel LOL, you did wha...

CM in AP recurring batch
GP version 8 - When entering a batch of credit memo's, the batch cannot be saved to "recur" - a message that indicates that "returns" and "credit memo's" cannot be saved in a recurring batch is displayed. Allow users to save "returns" and/or "credit memo's" in a recurring batch. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this ...

Pixels instead of cm or inches
is there anyway to make PPT2007 work in pixels instead of cm or inches? I am sure others will explain this more authoritatively, but because powerpoint generally scales it's image to the resolution of the monitor that your computer outputs to, setting up your show in pixels rather than inches is somewhat meaningless. For that matter, referring to the frame size in inches doesn't really relate to anything in reality either (to MVPs: is this right?) Steve "AlessandraC" <acimatti@gmail.com> wrote in message news:43c16685-1151-44ec-aa45-a9c09a890173@e23...

Controlling drawings (a CM problem)
Can you save me the trouble? I'm looking for a cheap and easy tool to support the control of drawings (which in fact are currently Word documents) that describe hardware components and how they build up through sub-assemblies into assemblies and systems. It needs some version control at the drawing level, and a baselining function. I know we could do it with something like Dimensions, or maybe even ClearCase, but they're too big and expensive. If necessary. I'll write something myself in Access, but before I do, is there anything out there (freeware, shareware?) that migh...

How do I change the scale of the ruller from inches to cm?
Inadvertendly, I changed the scale of the ruler form cm to inches and I would like to change it back. How can I do it? It depends on the version of Word. Before 2007, from the Tools menu, select Options and then go to the General tab and you will find a place to select the unit of measure; In 2007, click on the Office button and then on Word Options and then on Advanced and scroll down to the General section and you will find a place to set the units of measure. You may also need to see the following page of fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website: http://www.gmayor.com/Char...

CM Receipt Table CM20300 Question
Does anyone know how the field CMRECNUM in the table CM20300 gets populated? The description is Record Number and it appears to be a sequential number, most of the time. BUT I can't figure out how it gets there. Thanks, Sharon Sharon, The CM Receipt table stores all posted information concerning receipts. Both deposited and undeposited receipts exist in the table. The CMRECNUM value is internally assigned to provide uniqueness to the transaction and the value assigned comes from your Bank Reconciliation setup window, under Microsoft Dynamics GP > Tools > Setup > Financi...

change margens messure from inches to cm.
I live in Ecuador, here we use centimeters for paper sizes and margens. So I need to change the original inches, to cm. Papucho wrote: > I live in Ecuador, here we use centimeters for paper sizes and margens. So I > need to change the original inches, to cm. Hi Papucho This isn't an Excel issue but try: Start > Settings > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Customize, change Measurment system to Metric > OK > OK Regards Steve ...

post wrong date in CM / bank transaction
Hi all , i have some bank transactions entered in wrong date, such as the trasaction suppose post in july 07 but i posted it on november 07 . which mean i post in wrong month/ date . any solution that i can to change the date back to july ? Regards ktk KTK, Cleanest way to fix this is to void the incorrect transactions and re-enter them with the correct dates. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "KK" <KK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83D32F94-F4A0-4DE7-A5C1-E0D3D9C333ED@microsoft.com... > Hi all , > > i have...

Change cm to inches in Format Picture size
In excel I want to change the unit of measure cm to inches. It's in the size tab of the format picture Tony This is a function of your Windows OS settings and not an Excel setting. Open Control Panel then double-click Regional and Language Settings. Under Regional Options>Customize>Number change from Metric to US Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 10:32:02 -0700, Tony <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In excel I want to change the unit of measure cm to inches. It's in the size >tab of the format picture It's nothing you change in Ex...

How to get around 22 inch (55.87 cm) page length limit in Access 2
I've been using Access 2007 to design a questionnaire that can be completed on-screen. All was going well until I had used up the first 22 inches, when I discovered that Access has an in-built limit on page length. I've tried obvious things like inserting page breaks, changing 'Detail Properties' etc, but I can't find any way around it. Can anyone advise the most simple way of extending the length of an Access document? =?Utf-8?B?ZGVsZg==?= <delf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:C3DAAEAF-56D3-4577-9381-D8733C86EF17@microsoft.com: > I've been ...

CM not listed under other documents in Edit Payables Cheque batch
In the Edit Payables Cheque batch window, we would like the Credit Memos to appear under all documents to be viewed, so that we can manually apply them to the required Documents, rather than the system doing this automatically. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message...

PM Invoices and CM staying in OPEN status and not printing on Remi
When printing checks and the associated remittance some invoices that have been fully applied against credit memos are not showing up on the remittance. When I investigated further I found that the majority of the credit memos and invoices in question are still in an open status even though the remaining amount is 0. What I know: 1) In SELECT CHECKS, They are selecting the print previously applied documents option and are also selecting automatically. 2) Looking at the apply payables documents screen you can see the Credit Memos and the Invoices they are applied to but...

Page Setup shows 2 cm top margin, yet the page hs no top margin a.
When I open MS word (2003), my page setup appears to have no top margin, however on opening the Page Setup window it indicates 2cm. Changing this value seems to have no effect either. This problem seems to have come from nowhere quite recently, with MS Word working perfectly normally for the past few years... Any ideas?! See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm. Hope this helps DeanH "Spugford" wrote: > When I open MS word (2003), my page setup appears to have no top margin, > however on opening the Page Setup window it indicates 2cm. Ch...

Why sometimes I try to use "=" and it appears "pts"??
I suppose it is something behind configuration, but I don't know to change it back Francisco Just "sometimes" or all the time? If all the time I would suspect an entry in Tools>AutoCorrect Options. If sometimes, can you track when it occurs and what you are doing at the time? Post back with details. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 11:31:07 -0800, Francisco <Francisco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I suppose it is something behind configuration, but I don't know to change it >back ...

Excel chart source data y-values can only accept 7 data pts?
I have a x-y scatter chart whose y-values are scattered within a table. When I enter the source data y or x values by selecting a cell, then hitting Ctrl, then selecting the next cell, etc., it only accepts up to 7 cells (data pts). When I try and enter the 8th value, the whole Source Data, Series, "Y Values" or "X Values" field clears. It seems to be able to accept only 7 values. Am I doing something wrong? I thought I had done it this way many times in the past, but only see the problem now. You're not doing something necessarily wrong, but you are doing someth...