cm to pts?

  • Follow

When formatting a word document, how do you switch from measurements in cm to
points?
ex) I need a series of documents that have top margins of 75 pts and bottom
margins of 70 points. But when I am working on a different computer, the
"Page set-up" options are in cm.
0
Reply Utf 5/20/2010 4:08:01 PM

Don't bother to switch. Just type the point measurements in the boxes and
include the pt unit, and Word will do the conversion automatically.

If it bothers you enough to switch, the answer depends on what version of
Word it is. In 2003 or earlier, go to Tools > Options > General and change
the "Measurement units" dropdown. In 2007 and 2010, go to Office button >
Word Options > Advanced, scroll down to the Display section, and change the
same dropdown.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

saranm wrote:
> When formatting a word document, how do you switch from measurements
> in cm to points?
> ex) I need a series of documents that have top margins of 75 pts and
> bottom margins of 70 points. But when I am working on a different
> computer, the "Page set-up" options are in cm.

0
Reply Jay 5/20/2010 4:45:26 PM

Do however see also http://www.gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Jay Freedman" <jay.freedman@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Don't bother to switch. Just type the point measurements in the boxes and
> include the pt unit, and Word will do the conversion automatically.
>
> If it bothers you enough to switch, the answer depends on what version of
> Word it is. In 2003 or earlier, go to Tools > Options > General and change
> the "Measurement units" dropdown. In 2007 and 2010, go to Office button >
> Word Options > Advanced, scroll down to the Display section, and change
> the same dropdown.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Jay Freedman
> Microsoft Word MVP        FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup
> so all may benefit.
>
> saranm wrote:
>> When formatting a word document, how do you switch from measurements
>> in cm to points?
>> ex) I need a series of documents that have top margins of 75 pts and
>> bottom margins of 70 points. But when I am working on a different
>> computer, the "Page set-up" options are in cm.

0
Reply Graham 5/21/2010 5:47:27 AM

(page loaded in 0.07 seconds)