A5 booklet using A4 paper in Word 2007

What settings should I use for page setup, i.e. paper size (A4 or A5?),
margins etc. to print a double-sided A5 booklet using A4 paper?  Also, what
settings for printing?

On the Margins tab of Page Setup, under "Multiple pages," choose "Book
fold."

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Iggie" <Iggie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What settings should I use for page setup, i.e. paper size (A4 or A5?),
> margins etc. to print a double-sided A5 booklet using A4 paper?  Also,
> what
> settings for printing?

0
Suzanne

Highlight a Row Depending on Active Cell Using Button?
Is there a way to highlight a row within a range when a cell is active? The highlight needs to maintain the shading even though it is no longer active. I've seen code on this site using Worksheet Change Event but I was wondering if there was a way you could do this by a Command Button so the user can highlight particular rows by clicking on a button. For example, the user is on cell A5, clicks on the button and it highlights Row A5:AV5. The code is the same as what you saw in the worksheet_change examples just that it goes in a normal subroutine. Your example would be: Sub HiLiteIt() Ra...

Reminders don't show up in Office 2007
All of a sudden my reminders don't show up. I tried the office 2003 solutions suggested with no luck. "JerryN" <JerryN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:66159409-9D5A-4941-BF93-53B3A182F30D@microsoft.com... > All of a sudden my reminders don't show up. I tried the office 2003 > solutions suggested with no luck. And what suggestions were those? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Printing an A5, folding to A6, Greetings Card
I'm trying to print, as the title suggests, an A5 Greetings Card that folds to A6. I'm using the Blends Thank-you card template, to be precise. The template is set up to print all 4 A6 'pages' on one sheet of A4, so if I then reverse the sheet and print a second copy on the verso I end up with 2 cards. I cannot, however, find any local shop that sells A4 cards appropriately scored and creased for separation and folding. What I can find is A5 card creased to fold down to A6 (in fact, a quick search on the net suggests that if such A4 card is available none of the b...

Excel worksheet cut off when pasting into Word or Powerpoint
Have noted that the last column or two in any excel worksheet gets cut off when "inserting" into either Word or Powerpoint. Have tried capturing additional blank cells around the perimeter but to no avail. Once the worksheet has been inserted, it can be double clicked and edited but the bounding box around the image cannot be resized to allow all the columns to be exposed. You can use the "excel" scroll bar in the excel window to move the chart left and right but upon clicking off, the chart is still cut off. Is there a way to get the entire image instead of j...

File in use #2
xxx.xls is locked for editing by '....'. shows user's 'password' instead of 'username' with Excel 2007. How can this be possible? Niskamik wrote: > xxx.xls is locked for editing > by '....'. > shows user's 'password' instead of 'username' with Excel 2007. How can this > be possible? Err, password? Are you sure? How you know you are seeing a password and not some form of network ID? "smartin" wrote: > Niskamik wrote: > > xxx.xls is locked for editing > > by '....'. > > shows us...

MS Money 2007 Deluxe vs Money Plus?
Is their any reason to upgrade? I downloaded the Demo of Plus but it looks just like 2007. I see no reason to drop $30 bucks. I wish they'd get a feature where I can enter a transaction on the money website and then sync when I get home. I like to enter stuff into my account register just as quickly as I can. One extra year before it turns into a pumpkin. The feature you are looking for was there and was removed. Not clear why it was removed--perhaps not enough people used it? Lots of users did find the very presence of the feature a reason to stay awake at night worrying that Bill...

My follow up folder has disappeared after one use.
I'm using Outlook that came in the Office Pro 2003 package. I used the FOLLOW UP search folder in the "Favorites" window... to hold one message... 24 hours later I handled that matter... and took the message away to file in a place where I can find it... the folder also disappeared. Next I tried to replace the folder by creating a new one... now (next day) no follow-up folder. Help is complex -- takes too long (for me) more demos would be helpful. In news:99DC2D96-3646-4C23-9DA3-EED57E8F0CA4@microsoft.com, JEBCOINC <JEBCOINC@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > ...

Using Datagrid with updates
Datagrid with 4 columns: Name, Company, Evaluator, Reviewer Name and company are not updatable. Evaluator and reviewer should be dropdowns for updating. I've got my grid populated and I've got the dropdowns populated for Evaluator and Reviewer options. However, I can't figure out how to bind the dropdown selected values to the values in the dataset for the grid. I let the wizard create the Edit and Item templates but that means my users will need to select, edit, and update (save) as many as two hundred records in teh grid. I was trying to configure the grid to do...

Concatenating date field into text ands using in a formula
Hi all, Hope you can help. I have a date field (B1) and am trying to concatenate this into a directory path as part of a formula to pull data from another worksheet. IE My worksheets are named open"date of report".xls B1 contains "date of report" I have tried concatenating the worksheet name in a field and then using that field. I have tried cocatenating the directory path in a field and using that field. My last attempt at a formula is =SUM(IF('=concatenate("D:\CSA\Reporting\Open Jobs\[open"&TEXT(B1,"ddmmyy")&".xls]Customer")...

how do i shrink a a4 document into a5
im useing publisher and have done a a4 size document. but i would like to srink it to a5 then copy it so i have it twice on one pice of a4. can u help me. Setup your page for A4, Width - 21cm - Height - 14.8cm, portrait. Publisher will say it will print two per sheet. Use opposite measurements if you want a landscape orientation. Select your text boxes, format, autofit text, click shrink text on overflow. Resize your other objects until it all fits on the new size. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "mattymoo&q...

What are the advantages of a query using a derived table(s) over a query not using them?
I know how derived tables are used, but I still can=92t really see any real advantages of using them. For example, in the following article http://techahead.wordpress.com/2007/1= 0/01/sql-derived-tables/ the author tried to show benefits of a query using derived table over a query without one with an example, where we want to generate a report that shows off the total number of orders each customer placed in 1996, and we want this result set to include all customers, including those that didn=92t place any orders that year and those that have never placed any orders at all ( he=92s ...

rename administrator account can't using smtp services
Dear all, i have a problem on ex2003, when i rename the "administrator" login to "roots". after install ex2003 is completed, however i did using pop3 server recevied email is ok, but when i try to send out email is not work, always prompt the password dialog box. i did using another account is work send out and recevied. Pls advise!!! I'm sorry, I don't understand your question. Perhaps if you asked it in your native language, someone could figure it out. "Stanley" <stanley@microosft.com> wrote in message news:eDMlPzLgGHA.4940@TK2MSFTNGP05....

RMS using Mercury Payment Systems
How do I configure RMS to use Mercury Payment Systems payment processing? "Fred" wrote: > How do I configure RMS to use Mercury Payment Systems payment processing? > > Use this link http://www.mercurypay.com/resources/RMSInstallGuidetpi.pdf It's the install guide pretty simple Thanks for your help. This looks pretty straight forward. But the links to the plugins don't work. "JereHurn@zeroedin" wrote: > > > "Fred" wrote: > > > How do I configure RMS to use Mercury Payment Systems payment processing? > > &g...

'Send Using' missing in Outlook 2003
Hi, Our company wants to upgrade to Outlook 2003 from Outlook 2000. The major sticking point at the moment is that their is no 'Send Using' command in 2003 like there was in 2000. With 2003 you have to select which Account to send from 1st before hitting the send button. If our users forget this step then emails will be sent from the wrong dept etc. With Send Using it forces them to think and select the correct account to send from. Are there any addins that replicate this functionality in 2003? We really want the spam & security features of 2003 but can't upgrade til we...

Using the same formula throughout the spreadsheet.
***This is for Microsoft Works Spreadsheet. I couldn't find any other place to get help so I hope I can get some here.*** I am trying to track baseball stats using Microsoft Works Spreadsheet. I want to have a players' name in a row and in the same row, also have his statistics. For instance, Column A will contain a players' name. Column B will contain OBP. Column C will contain SLG. Column D will contain the sum of Column B and Column C. I know how to create the formula so that "Column B (OBP) + Column C (SLG) = Column D (OBP + SLG)". My problem is making th...

Word doc to Excel
How do I insert a word doc in an excel work book Go to Insert>Object. If you want to create & insert a new Word doc (stored only in the workbook), choose Microsoft Word Document on the Create New page. To link to or insert a copy of an existing doc go to the Create from File page and click the Browse button to locate the doc to be inserted. The doc will display as an object that "floats" on the surface of your worksheet, not as cell content, so you can resize it as necessary. To edit the content, double-click the doc object. Hope this is useful |:>) "hopeless&...

Client Server using TCP/IP
Hi there... I want to write a small utility. It should be front- and backend running on different machines. I don't want to handle error correction or timeouts by myself. Communication is TCP/IP. How could I easyly do the communication? CSocket or something else. Thanks in advance Stefan "Stefan Kittel" <stefan.doofnase.kittel.NoSpam@web.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OFsMb9ijFHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi there... > > I want to write a small utility. > It should be front- and backend running on different machines. > > I don't want to...

A5 Flyer
How do I put a map & address on the back of an A5 size flyer? Insert, Page. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D90ED80F-967E-4A23-9F4A-BB87E3480C57@microsoft.com... > How do I put a map & address on the back of an A5 size flyer? ...

How can i use usb port in visual c++?
I had resaearched this subject. I have learnt that i must find device driver which device i will use. My project is to write SMS sender program with gsm phone. I have Motorlola C336 gsm phone. That phone only USB port. I want to send sms through that phone and computer. How can use device driver to communicate with gsm phone from usb port. Do i have to have device driver manual? Please help me. I have read that I can use device driver function GetIOCtrl function but how do i learn that device driver has which function ? How can i solve thjis problem? Thank a lot ...

Formatting Palette in Word 2004 for Mac
Does anyone know how to make the Formatting Palette in Word 2004 for Mac show ALL panels checked in the Customize Formatting Palette panel? In my current setup the Formatting Palette only shows Add Objects, Font, Styles, Alignment & Spacing, Bullets & Numbering, Borders & Shading, and Document. The other panels are nowhere to be seen. I have searched the online help to no avail. Thanks. Oscar In article <BDBBCEEA.3901%oscar.moreno@att.net>, "Oscar A. Moreno" <oscar.moreno@att.net> wrote: > Does anyone know how to make the Formatting Palette in Word ...

How to get 2 A5 flyers on 1 A4 landscape page
I have designed an A5 size flyer in publisher. I now want to rotate the design so that I may fit 2 flyers side by side on an A4 landscape page? On the Printer Setup, set the paper size for A5 paper. Then on the Page Setup, set the paper size for A5 paper. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Terri" <Terri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DF63FD4-80CE-4B52-BBFA-520AA94935A7@microsoft.com... > I have designed an A5 size flyer in publisher. I now want to rotate the > design so that I may fit 2 flyers side by side on an A4 landscape page? ...

Using Address Result
Hi, Is it possible to use ADDRESS comman result as a reference somehow? More specifically - I am trying to count values from a certain offset to my current position to my position. For example: A1 B1 C1 D1 E1 F1 ... AA1 1 1 1 3 Lets say I am in position F1 and I want to count the values from B1 to D1, where B1 is determined by the value in AA1 (AA1 tells me how far backward I should check). If the value in AA1 was 4 I would check from A1 to D1. Hope I am clear enough thanks Hi! >Hope I am clear enough Well, not really! What do you mean...

Outlook 2007 "Allow In-cell Editing" not persisting
Good day, everyone! In Outlook 2007, I have a Search folder setup for all the emails in my Inbox & Sent folders in Conversation view. In Conversation view (and possibly other views), when changing folders and then back to this Conversation folder, the "Allow In-Cell Editing" does not persist. It goes without saying that, if I have to exit and then restart Outlook, the option does not persist. Is there anything I can do that will make this option persist, registry editing, programatically or otherwise? Thanks SO much for your help -Kevin Try copying the view and us...

Opening a 2003 version document with 2007
Hello everyone, I just got the new 2007 version and it was installed on my computer yesterday. When I open documents I used to work on with 2003 version, I can only see the first page of my document and the little pages icons at the bottom don't appear... Anyone knows what's happening here? Thanks for your help! -- Sandrine bibssand wrote: > Hello everyone, > I just got the new 2007 version and it was installed on my computer > yesterday. When I open documents I used to work on with 2003 version, > I can only see the first page of my document and the little pages >...

Data Valididation using Dependent lists using Offset()
Hello, I have a dependent list of 4 levels: Dept, Office, Division, Branch. Each selection starting with department will provide lists based on the previous selection. This is perfectly straightforward and functions flawlessly. I am using named ranges and then using the Offset function to obtain the proper list. I would like to restrict options to a valid list in every circumstance. My problem arises if there is no data in a previous level and the user decides to type a value in where there is no list. For example, level 1 (Dept) must be filled in with only the data -- that works fine in t...