Update Index in Word 2003

I have an index for a book.  Now I added 5 new chapters. How can I apply the
old indexed words to include the new text?

How did you create the index?

If you used a concordance file, you should delete the existing index and
then repeat the process.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Baha" <Baha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have an index for a book.  Now I added 5 new chapters. How can I apply
> the
> old indexed words to include the new text?

0
Doug

Year end payroll tax update
I see that Microsoft recommends updating to service pack 6 before installing the year end payroll tax update. We are on SP5 and wonder how critical this latest service pack really is. Does anyone know what will happen if we just install the tax update, without installing SP6? Thanks! I was in the same situation and decided to install Service Pack 6 because we do 1099's from Payables and there was a fix in SP6 for them. The install of Service Pack 6 and the Year-End update went well and we haven't had any problems since. >-----Original Message----- >I see that Micro...

Control if a form updates table
I would like to know how best to accomplish this data entry form requirement. I have a form with a number of fields which is linked to a table. When the operator opens the form i would like all the fields to be blank and the user can tab through the fields as necessary. I have two command buttons. One allows to exit the form (all set with that one) with no saving of the form data, while the second button opens a message box which asks the operator if they wish to submit the information on the form (within the fields) Y/N and the message box has all the data from the fields li...

Update
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites. This move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence, miti...

Word spell check integration.
Hi Ive recently purchased a new PC. Great i thought. I've put Outlook 2003 on. And also Office which includes Word. My probelm is that I cant select Microsoft Word 2003 to read & edit my email messages as my default mail editor (Options/Mail Format) thus not being able to use the auto spell check etc. I can see the option but no matter whether I select HTML, RTF or Normal it will not highlight to select. I've spoken to a friend and he's said that it doesn't matter in which order I installed the programmes. HEEEEEEELLLLLPPPPPPPPPP. Its driving me crackers. Th...

outlook 2003 attachments #2
Just uploaded outlook 2003 and someone sent me an email with an attachment. Outlook automatically blocked my access to the potentially unsafe attachement. It was a file I asked someone to send me. How do I now access this file and how do I stop outlook from blocking incoming attachements? Thanks. I would love the answer to this too. I send myself attachments from work and cannot retreive them at home. Searches of the Msoft website have not produced a solution. "Najlah" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:015a01c3dc71$d6ec6e60$a501280a@phx.gbl... > ...

Windows 2003 Server and ServicePack and ..problems....
Hi, The team I am part of administers the IT of a few customers. Their environment consists of at least 150 Windows 2003 Servers and some 1500 Windows XP workstations. Since last year we developed and tested a "migration" from Windows 2003 Server SP1 to SP2, unattended and with the aid of Windows SMS 2003. Tests did not show major problems but now, after we deployed SP2 to all servers, we experience some hard/difficult problems. With SP2 the RIS, Remote Installation service, is replaced by WDS, Windows Deployment Service. After the unattended installation WDS is...

Backing up MS Money 2003 file to Briefcase #2
On Fri, 20 May 2005 23:56:01 -0700, "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi. When i try this for one of my data files it says it is in use and stops. >I am not running Money, but I think it is something else related which I need >to turn off. When I had this one other time it was becuase I was syncing >Money to my PPC but not this time. > >Suggestions welcome! Money express running? Nope - thats turned off - but thanks. "DW" <DrWoodardOnDS@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1116691690.864793.308220@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com.....

Using an update query to update amount in stock automatically
I have created a database to keep a track of orders. In the stock table I have a field called amount in stock. In order table I have a field called order quantity. I have created an update query to update amount in stock to [amount in stock]-[order quantity]. I wish to create a macro to run the update query on my order form once the sale is confirmed. My problem is that I want to just update the single record on the order form, and not all items of stock from all existing orders. I know I can add a parameter criteria to my update query (i.e. enter order number) so that only stock relating ...

Updating a CStatic text
Hi I found posts similiar to this question but not the answer. I have a CStatic with say 3 lines of text bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla The when something happens this is replaced by a single line: Operation finished The problem is that when I call SetDlgitemText it displays the new text ontop of the old one for a short while. I guess it is until the OnEraseBkgnd is called. What is the correct way to solve this so that the new message is displayed alone directly and not ontop of the old one. Doing a SW_HIDE ChangeText SW_SHOW Seemed to solved thi...

Outlook 2003 data files
My computer was reformatted by a technician and I was able to backup all my files to a CD. After reinstalling Office and Outlook I am unable to open the pst file any longer because it says it is not a recognised outlook file. I would greatly appreciate any assistance. Thank you Did you copy the files back to the hard drive and remove the read-only attribute? If the answer to this is yes, then there is a possibility that the PST file was burned to the CDR/RW at a speed that was too fast and it corrupted the file. "Suresh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

After update Not update Text Field
I have created a subform based on a table. Within that table there is a product name field which retrives a list of product names and prices from the Products table. I to use the subform to enter product and then get it to automatically update the price field. I have read many entries about using after update to do this, but I just can not get it to work. I select the product in the drop down and nothing happens. I am pulling my hair out. The code I used was Me.Product_Price = Me.Product_Name.Column(2) Can any one help me John wrote: >I have created a subform based on a t...

How to disable the pop up for enable auto update?
I have imported an external link in to excel, and set it auto update when it opens, but whenever I open this file, it pops up a window to confirm whether you like to enable auto update or not. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to disable the pop up window for enable auto updating links? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric hi on the menu bar>edit>links>startup prompt pick you choise. regards FSt1 "Eric" wrote: > I have imported an external link in to excel, and set it auto update when it > opens, but whenever I open this file, it ...

information store move in exchange 2003
I have taken over a small companies IT duties as there guy is now sick. I have exchange 2003 on a 6 gig partition and it's currently full (325 meg free). I was thinking of create a new partition on the same server and moving the information store and transaction logs to that partition. Can I just change the first storage group prosperities to the new location or is there another way. Thanks for any help that you can provide. A Thats it, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/821915 -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner &quo...

Input a signature into word document
How can I scan a copy of my signature and input it into a word document? Scan it, save it, insert it. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "gilty" <gilty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C9650CF-BBA2-4A71-8D8B-5E6285E3ECA6@microsoft.com... > How can I scan a copy of my signature and input it into a word document? ...

2007 Deluxe update...CRASH
Money Deluxe 2007 just told me it needed to update. I allowed this thing to happen (silly me), and now when I try to start it, I get an error message that tells me it cannot find checksum.exe, and that I must reinstall from the original disks. Silly me also purchased it as a download, and didn't pay an extra 6 bucks to get multiple downloads, or an extra $10 bucks to get a CD (cheap silly me). Am I screwed? Thanks in advance... In microsoft.public.money, villagedweller wrote: >Money Deluxe 2007 just told me it needed to update. I allowed this >thing to happen (silly me), and n...

The on the server published free/booked-information could not be updated. The task could not be executed OL 2000
Hello, outlook 2000 (german) running with windows xp (german) gives the following error message window when quitting after adding a date in my personal folder calender from a other user: "The on the server published free/booked-information could not be updated. The task could not be executed" Please help me fix this message. Thank you. regards, Dirk Lehmann Well, the short version is that for whatever reason, your outlook can't connect to your free/busy server to update the information. What causes the error depends on your network configuration. -- Diane Poremsky ...

Getting IE's current the word for the specified coordinates?
If i have the Internet Explorer(or something like msword ...)'s handle then, How can I Returns the single word(not a whole text) for the specified x and y coordinates. Hi Corba, Thanks for your post! I think what's you want is just to grab text on the screen(I don't know whether IE has any interface to return words of its inside page). am I right? The general way to do this is to hook the TextOut API call when you want to grab the text from other programs, you can find many articles about how to hook API on the web, but it is still a complicated and dangerous(to the OS) ...

Move Mailbox 5.5 to 2003
Attempting to move a test mailbox from Exch 5.5 to Exch 2003 SP1 The process fails with event ID's 9175 and 9167 in the App log. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeAdmin Event Category: (14) Event ID: 9175 Description: The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error: The information store could not be opened. The logon to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer failed. MAPI 1.0 ID no: 80040111-0286-00000000 Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeAdmin Event Category: (7) Event ID: 9167 Description: Unable to get an administrative interface to...

How to force rebuild and update data from msproject to project server database
Hi all, (I use MS Project Pro 2003 connect to Project Server) I have a ms project file (ABC.Published), in this file I have 800 task. In the project server database, table MSP_TASKS, this project has 800 rows, but there are 600 rows in the MSP_VIEW_PROJ_TASKS_STD. I forced rebuild data with this help: http://www.projectserverexperts.com/ProjectServerFAQKnowledgeBase/BinaryRebuild.aspx but data in MSP_VIEW_PROJ_TASKS_STD remain 600 rows. Is there another way to force rebuild MS Project Server Database? I need to see the log for project server error, where can I see? Thanks ...

Formula update automatically
Please look into the formula & suggest. The excel sheet is fille-in as below: Column A B C D Row 1 2 6 5 Row 2 20 30 90 D2=A$1*A2+B$1*B2+C$1*C2 Row 3 2 4 8 D3=A$1*A3+B$1*B3+C$1*C3 & so on for further rows. What I need is, if a column is added between, say, B & C, then th formula in D column should update for the added column & similarly fo deleted column. Is there a way? I would prefer excel formula solution. If code is the only solution please write the complete code. The undo button should not beco...

Getting Outook 2003 to be the default for sending and recieving ma
I'm able to send mail from outlook, and occasionaly receive mail, but most of my mail goes to my SBC Yahoo account. I've tried help, I've tried tutorials..nothing helps. What's up? I'd appreciate it if someone can help me so I can send and receive all my mail from one location. I have outlook set as my default mail (I THINK)..and have set the account to receive mail from the same location as it is sent from. Bottom line is...it's driving me nuts. Can anyone help? Demps <Demps@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm able to send mail from outlook, an...

Setting up "Send as in Exchange 2003"
I am attempting to set up the "Send as" feature. I am only succesfull with the "send on behalf" feature. The "send as" feature is still an option right? Goal: a group mailbox set up where all resondants send as the group mailbox address Try this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327000/en-us Nue "sfleck" <sfleck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5B648D6-9891-41A1-9BC8-BDBC4D283938@microsoft.com... >I am attempting to set up the "Send as" feature. I am only succesfull with > the "send on behalf" featu...

Word 07 Suggestion
Word 07 Problem: When I begin a sentence with a quote, the first letter the follows doesn't capitalize. Suggestion: Word should capitalize the first letter of the word after an open quotation mark. -- db���`�...�><)))�> DatabaseBen, Retired Professional - Systems Analyst - Database Developer - Accountancy - Veteran of the Armed Forces - Microsoft Partner - @hotmail.com ~~~~~~~~~~"share the nirvana" - dbZen > > Why not submit your suggestion to Microsoft instead of this public user newsgroup? db wrote: > Word 07 Prob...

OMA Exchange 2003 ActiveSync Mobile 5.0
I am trying to get a Mobile 5.0 device to work with Exchange 2003. I have read the installs and KB's. This is where I am at. Server Windows 2003 Server Standard Exchange 2003 Standard SP2 OWA OMA ActiveSync Mobile Device Verizon XV6700 PocketPC Mobile 5.0 OWA is working fine and has been for some time. I installed OMA and ActiveSync. OMA is working fine now from a laptop and from the mobile device. All are using SSL. The thing that does not work is ActiveSync via Verizons broadband network. When I try to sync it says that I am not conencting to an Exchange Server. Guarantee that I have...

Reset Outlook 2003 startup
I originally attempted to connect Outlook 2003 to an exchange server I used. Long story short, I wanted to keep the email on the Web Access. Now, however, I would like to use Outlook for its calendar function and potentially to forward other email into it, but it keeps trying to connect to the bad exchange server. Repair/Reinstall is not helping. I assume there's an old registry entry that needs to be deleted. Please advise. Thanks, Andy In news:1156790065.202765.187950@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com, shoeandy@gmail.com <shoeandy@gmail.com> typed: > I originally attempted to conn...