repetitive names.

  • Follow

Hello.
 I am trying to write the script of a movie in a word document.
 How could I avoid retyping the name of the person that is talking in the
movie? I want to make sure though, that in every phrase said the name of the
person speaking appears.
Is there any kind of short code that I could give to every personage so I do
not have to write the personage name every time?

--
what can we find after the universe?
0

Use AutoText. If you need more details, please tell us which version of Word
you are using.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"diego" <diego@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello.
> I am trying to write the script of a movie in a word document.
> How could I avoid retyping the name of the person that is talking in the
> movie? I want to make sure though, that in every phrase said the name of
> the
> person speaking appears.
> Is there any kind of short code that I could give to every personage so I
> do
> not have to write the personage name every time?
>
> --
> what can we find after the universe?

0
Reply Terry 4/16/2010 9:01:00 AM

On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 00:36:06 -0700, diego <diego@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Hello.
> I am trying to write the script of a movie in a word document.
> How could I avoid retyping the name of the person that is talking in the
>movie? I want to make sure though, that in every phrase said the name of the
>person speaking appears.
>Is there any kind of short code that I could give to every personage so I do
>not have to write the personage name every time?

There is an autoreplace feature in Word, most often used to correct common
spelling errors, but it can also replace a person's initials with their full
name, etc.

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
Web:  http://hayesfam.bravehost.com/stevesig.htm