Postcard Set-Up

Follow
Email
Hi all

I want to print some postcards using Word 2003.
How do I set this up for entering text and pictures?

Thanks

0
Reply Second 1/21/2010 11:20:05 PM

See the article "Graphics on Labels" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website at

http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"Second Time Lucky" <justme@home.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> I want to print some postcards using Word 2003.
> How do I set this up for entering text and pictures?
>
> Thanks

0
Reply Doug 1/22/2010 12:28:06 AM
Thanks for that but its far too complicated.
All I want to do is set up Word 2003 so i can type in some text in the left
half of the postcard or 6x4 glossy paper.
I have labels already to stick onto the right hand side of the paper and I
can turn the paper over to print a picture on the other side.
it's just getting the text onto the 6x4 paper.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" <dkr@REMOVECAPSmvps.org> wrote in message
> See the article "Graphics on Labels" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website
> at
>
> http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm
>
> --
> Hope this helps,
>
> Doug Robbins - Word MVP
>
> Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services
> on
> a paid professional basis.
>
> "Second Time Lucky" <justme@home.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all
>>
>> I want to print some postcards using Word 2003.
>> How do I set this up for entering text and pictures?
>>
>> Thanks

0
Reply Second 1/22/2010 9:26:59 AM
So what problem are you having typing text onto the 4" x 6" page? Just
adjust the page settings to include a LARGE right margin to limit how far
the text traverses before it automatically wraps to the next line. (Or if
you need to type the other side of the page, adjust the left margin so.)

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

> Thanks for that but its far too complicated.
> All I want to do is set up Word 2003 so i can type in some text in the
> left half of the postcard or 6x4 glossy paper.
> I have labels already to stick onto the right hand side of the paper and I
> can turn the paper over to print a picture on the other side.
> it's just getting the text onto the 6x4 paper.
>
> "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" <dkr@REMOVECAPSmvps.org> wrote in message
>> See the article "Graphics on Labels" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website
>> at
>>
>> http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps,
>>
>> Doug Robbins - Word MVP
>>
>> Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services
>> on
>> a paid professional basis.
>>
>> "Second Time Lucky" <justme@home.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> I want to print some postcards using Word 2003.
>>> How do I set this up for entering text and pictures?
>>>
>>> Thanks

0
Reply Terry 1/22/2010 9:44:45 AM
Okay got it set up nice now, thank you!

One last question:
How do I get to print out the background pattern onto the paper, it's just
printing the text with a white background.

Thank you.
"Terry Farrell" <terryfarrell@msn.com> wrote in message
> So what problem are you having typing text onto the 4" x 6" page? Just
> adjust the page settings to include a LARGE right margin to limit how far
> the text traverses before it automatically wraps to the next line. (Or if
> you need to type the other side of the page, adjust the left margin so.)
>
> --
> Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP
>
> "Second Time Lucky" <justme@home.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks for that but its far too complicated.
>> All I want to do is set up Word 2003 so i can type in some text in the
>> left half of the postcard or 6x4 glossy paper.
>> I have labels already to stick onto the right hand side of the paper and
>> I can turn the paper over to print a picture on the other side.
>> it's just getting the text onto the 6x4 paper.
>>
>> "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" <dkr@REMOVECAPSmvps.org> wrote in message
>>> See the article "Graphics on Labels" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
>>> website at
>>>
>>> http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm
>>>
>>> --
>>> Hope this helps,
>>>
>>> Doug Robbins - Word MVP
>>>
>>> Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my
>>> services on
>>> a paid professional basis.
>>>
>>> "Second Time Lucky" <justme@home.com> wrote in message

0
Reply Second 1/22/2010 10:29:25 AM
No need for help sorted!

Tools-Options-Print

> Okay got it set up nice now, thank you!
>
> One last question:
> How do I get to print out the background pattern onto the paper, it's just
> printing the text with a white background.
>
> Thank you.
> "Terry Farrell" <terryfarrell@msn.com> wrote in message
>> So what problem are you having typing text onto the 4" x 6" page? Just
>> adjust the page settings to include a LARGE right margin to limit how far
>> the text traverses before it automatically wraps to the next line. (Or if
>> you need to type the other side of the page, adjust the left margin so.)
>>
>> --
>> Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP
>>
>> "Second Time Lucky" <justme@home.com> wrote in message
>>> Thanks for that but its far too complicated.
>>> All I want to do is set up Word 2003 so i can type in some text in the
>>> left half of the postcard or 6x4 glossy paper.
>>> I have labels already to stick onto the right hand side of the paper and
>>> I can turn the paper over to print a picture on the other side.
>>> it's just getting the text onto the 6x4 paper.
>>>
>>> "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" <dkr@REMOVECAPSmvps.org> wrote in message

0
Reply Second 1/22/2010 10:34:36 AM
Follow
Email

Set Value/Search Marco
I have a macro that is set to search a table by using the visible, search string and set value funstions. This no longer works once I converted the database. I get an error You entered an expression that has an invalid reference to the Proptery Visible. Is there a new proptery in 2003 that is use for this same function? Thanks for any help! ...

Postcard
Is it possible to only print ONE SIDE on a post card? I only want to print the name & address side (side 2). I have made side 1 "blank", but when I print, the printer still expects to print something on side 1, so I get a blank piece of paper each time. I figured it out....... EDIT > DELETE PAGE >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible to only print ONE SIDE on a post card? I >only want to print the name & address side (side 2). I >have made side 1 "blank", but when I print, the printer >still expects to print something on side 1...

Set Timeout for CSocket
Hi i'm using CSocket class for creating a connection with some server..i wanted to know how can i set the timeout for the csocket in case it does not get a response from the server on using socket.connect() or socket.recieve() or socket.send(). I've mentioned these functions coz i usually get execution halted when i call these functions..due to some server problem. though i found that setsockopt is the method but i still couldnt find which option name flag is used. also i wanted to know that will i have to set this timeout once for each object of CSocket (on creation) or do i have to c...

Setting Source Data to a Named Range rather than cell Range
In my code I have a handle on my chart, I am trying to set the source data of the chart to a Named Range in the current Workbook. Since this occurs within a loop I am using variable names. Here is a snippit of my code. Any help at all is appreciated. 'CurrentDataRange computes to an existing Named Range within the workbook chrt.SetSourceData Source:=CurrentDataRange, PlotBy:=xlColumns Justin - Basically, that's how you do it. Is CurrentDataRange a VBA range variable, or is it the name of a defined range in the sheet? I wrote a little macro, using CurrentDataRange as ...

Formula Set Up Needed
Hello, I am trying to show bond yield charts, everytime the interest rate changes. I have a series of data. And in cell A1 I have the interest rate. I want each of the cells in the series of data, to equal the sum of A1 + 0.5, if cell A1 is greater then 5.00. Otherwise I want each cell in the series of data to equal the sum of A1 - 0.5, if cell A1 is <5.00. Also I want the A1 + 0.5 bit to occur for only half of cells in the data series, and the other half with the A1 - 0.5 bit. Any ideas how I can proceed. Regards Ok I have four curves from four series of data, they are code li...

Set Transaction Syntax?
I am trying to get some 'case/set' logic down to change the transaction level in TSQL and it's not working, can anyone comment on what I would have to change? Declare @tx Int Set @tx = ( select transaction_isolation_level from sys.dm_exec_sessions where session_id = @@Spid ) print @tx -- later the transaction level is set to something else for some -- other tsql to run -- now i need to set it back to what it was earlier select case @origTxLevel When 1 Then Set Transaction Isolation Level Read Uncommitted When 2 Then Set Transaction Isolation Level Read Committed...

How do I set up a check mark column?
A little redundant but maybe someone can help me a little further. I am trying to write an excel spread sheet to order products for jobs that I send my employees out on. For example, I own an air conditioning company and we use thousands of products for lots of different jobs. I want to put something together so that I can just go onto my computer and put a check mark next to the product that I'd like to order. The tricky part is that I only want the items with a checkmark to print out. So I basically want the spread sheet to thin down to a few pages max versus listing all of the st...

2 unequal sets of data charted on secondary and primary axis
I have 2 sets of data (order qty and forecast qty) that I would like to chart on a line graph. x-axis by month, y-axis by quantity. The forecast qty line would run along the entire x-axis for the 12 months. However, the order qty line would only be filled in at the end of each month. For example in May, the order qty line would only show data for qty order Jan - May. The forecast line would extend from Jan - Dec. Problem: The order qty line would display "0" for months June-December. This causes the trend line to be skewed when compared to just charting both lines from Jan - M...

Setting
My PC crashed and I am having a problem getting any of my settings back the way they were. When I create a new message, the window is small and I have to increase the size. How can I set it so I don't have to do this each time? Also, I lost Works so I no longer have spell checker but I do have Word and according to the documentation either should allow for spell checker. Thanks! Connie <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Also, I lost Works so I no longer have spell > checker but I do have Word and according to the > documentation either should allow ...

how can i set up a timesheet in excel
I am trying to set up a timesheet in xcel but am having trouble getting a negative number to appear (in case people work less than the requisite number of hours) Hi That can only be done with the calendarformat set to "1904" (the Mac standard), found somewhere in the Tools > Options menu. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Bez" <Bez@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:21FACC8C-D8A1-4F10-B299-022C29FE59B0@microsoft.com... > I am trying to set up a timesheet in xcel but am having trouble getting a > negative number to appear (in case people work less t...

MFC unicode setting
Anyone knows how to set unicode in VC++ .net? "Wing Yee" <linwingyee@hotmail.com> wrote in news:uq6MFrVaEHA.1488@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl: > Anyone knows how to set unicode in VC++ .net? Select menu "View" > "Solution Explorer" Select the project in the Solution Explorer view, right-click and select "Properties". In the opened dialog select "Configuration Properties" > "General" and search "Character Set" Change it from "Use Multi-Byte Character Set" (the default) to "Use Unicode Character Se...

How do I set up an out of office automated response?
The Out Of Office is available thru using the Exchange Server. If you are using an ISP use the following link for information on how to emulate the Out of Office rule. How to emulate the Out of Office Assistant in Outlook 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=260987 How to emulate the Out of Office Assistant in Outlook 2000 that is installed with Internet Mail Only mode http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=248830 Automatically reply to incoming messages with a POP3 or IMAP e-mail account http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011223851033.aspx Nikki Peterson "angela"...

Project Acctg-How do I set to use billing rate from empl.?
Where do I set the option to get the billing rate from the employee project screen? It is currently getting the rate from the cost category. Thanks I found the answer under Setup>>Project>>Timesheet Default Profit Types From "Glen" wrote: > Where do I set the option to get the billing rate from the employee project > screen? > > It is currently getting the rate from the cost category. > > Thanks ...

my outlook does not seem to have been set up correctly
I cannot find any incoming or outgoing messages on outlook not sure I have set this up correctly. Have recently had added microsoft small business by pc world Did you configure your email account(s)? If so, do you get any error messages when you try to send or receive mail? Is there anything in the Inbox folder in Outlook? "cloches" <cloches@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11B8F0A7-DFB6-42DB-8EBC-051CAC4899E2@microsoft.com... >I cannot find any incoming or outgoing messages on outlook not sure I have > set this up correctly. Have recently had ad...

1/4 Postcards
I have used Publisher forever and generally have found it very easy, but I can't seem to be able to create a 1/4 postcard that actually prints as a 1/4 postcard, unless I create it sideways (landscape). Although I choose 1/4 postcard, it shows up as two up on the print preview. Help. Publisher 2007? Use one of the Avery US Letter templates in page setup. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Toni MacInnes" <Toni MacInnes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E746232-BF88-48F4-8620-362F2B74BD57@microsoft.com... >I have used Publisher forever and ge...

How do I set up fill in the blank animation?
I want to set up animation that will leave blank a word or phrase, that is in the same line, then on a mouse click it will fill the blank in with the answer. Anyone know how to do this? Is it possible? I am using PowerPoint 07. Thanks for your help. This may help http://www.technologytrish.co.uk/ppttipscloze.html -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "SF" wrote: > I want to set up animation that will leave blank a word or phrase, that is in > t...

Area "Settings" disappearing on web webclient
Hi, one of our users is having problems with one of the area buttons (Services,...). At least once per day the "Settings" Button is disappearing, although the user has the rights to view the settings. When the user manually deletes temporary internet files and cookies the "settings" button is there again. This maybe be temporary workaround but one of our customers has the same problem. There is also an user defined button disappearing. So that not a solation at all. I read on different places (blog, newsgroup) that it might be an issue with cookies: http://groups....

UPDATE and SET w/ CAST (String Replace)
I have a text field column in SQL 2005 that contains HTML code. I would like to update certain references in this HTML code throughout, but am having problems. I know that I can't do a string replace with the text data type, which is why I would like to cast it as nvarchar(max). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. UPDATE HTML SET (Cast(HTMLData as nvarchar(max)) = REPLACE(HTMLData,'detail.cfm','detail.do') WHERE HTMLData like '%detail.cfm%' "Daniel Reardon" <danreardon@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1184770539.845716.315320@z24g2000prh.g...

I want to set up a book
I want to set up an 8 page book double sided print and ewant to know how to get started. Hi Geoff Barrett (Geoff Barrett@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I want to set up an 8 page book double sided print and ewant to know || how to get started. What size book/page? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Brian, I want to set a booklet up using 8 x 11 paper and I have Publisher 2003 and Word but don't seem to get anywher...

Printing settings affecting all office programs!
I was printing in my Publisher 2000 and a box popped up about saving printing settings. It has now changed the default number of pages to 2 instead of 1. This is now affecting my Word 2000 as well. I try to select factory settings but as soon as I fully close and reopen the program its right back to 2. How can i reset these defaults and why does Publishers printing settings affect Word?! Please help! Thanks Open the Printers and Faxes folder in the control panel, right-click your printer, click printing preferences, change the 2 to 1. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.co...

Setting Reminder
Hi, I would like to know if it is possible for me to have my reminders in the system tray without me having to open outlook all the time. Thank you very much in advance. ...

How do I set left and right margins in headers and footers in Exce
How do I set left and right margins in headers and footers in Excel? Thanks. You can't. I believe they used to be set at 0.5", but perhaps they use the same setting as the page left and right margins. On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 10:07:06 -0700, "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I set left and right margins in headers and footers in Excel? > >Thanks. hi, File> page set up> margin tab. fill in the boxes if you are not sure what to enter in the boxes.... File>print preview. here you can adjust the margins with the mouse. Regards Fra...

Setting a Default Value in Excel
How do I set a default value in certain cells? The cells are already validated and I would like to have the default value be one of the validation values. Hi this would be only possible using VBA -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "g" <g@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:50F6DF59-2DD0-4696-BF66-D510438EFEF0@microsoft.com... > How do I set a default value in certain cells? The cells are already > validated and I would like to have the default value be one of the > validation > values. What is VBA? "Frank Kabel" wrot...

Back of Postcard
How do I get to the back of postcard in Publisher 2007? I want to add more information on a "Just Listed" postcard but I'm at a frustration level trying to find out how! Insert, page. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "ggar1012" <ggar1012@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E86BDFCC-E5A1-43AC-9B83-77DE39C61AB1@microsoft.com... > How do I get to the back of postcard in Publisher 2007? I want to add more > information on a "Just Listed" postcard but I'm at a frustration level trying > to find out how! ...

Settings for font etc
Hi Everyone, new to this group. I use Outlook at work and I have set a signature etc for email. I have the setting Always Use my Fonts checked but I have notice that when I forward and reply on some emails it is changing my message to Plain Text, I can physically click on HTML while in the message but it doesn't seem to alter the signature etc to HTML. I have no problems with new email I am creating. Can anyone tell me what is going on here and how I rectify it. Tried everything!!! -- Lynn Please remove spamtrap if replying via email Outlook replies and forwards in the same format ...