Postcard Set-Up

  • Follow

Hi all

I want to print some postcards using Word 2003.
How do I set this up for entering text and pictures?

Thanks

0
Reply Second 1/21/2010 11:20:05 PM

See the article "Graphics on Labels" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website at

http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"Second Time Lucky" <justme@home.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> I want to print some postcards using Word 2003.
> How do I set this up for entering text and pictures?
>
> Thanks

0
Reply Doug 1/22/2010 12:28:06 AM

Thanks for that but its far too complicated.
All I want to do is set up Word 2003 so i can type in some text in the left
half of the postcard or 6x4 glossy paper.
I have labels already to stick onto the right hand side of the paper and I
can turn the paper over to print a picture on the other side.
it's just getting the text onto the 6x4 paper.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" <dkr@REMOVECAPSmvps.org> wrote in message
> See the article "Graphics on Labels" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website
> at
>
> http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm
>
> --
> Hope this helps,
>
> Doug Robbins - Word MVP
>
> Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services
> on
> a paid professional basis.
>
> "Second Time Lucky" <justme@home.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all
>>
>> I want to print some postcards using Word 2003.
>> How do I set this up for entering text and pictures?
>>
>> Thanks

0
Reply Second 1/22/2010 9:26:59 AM

So what problem are you having typing text onto the 4" x 6" page? Just
adjust the page settings to include a LARGE right margin to limit how far
the text traverses before it automatically wraps to the next line. (Or if
you need to type the other side of the page, adjust the left margin so.)

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

> Thanks for that but its far too complicated.
> All I want to do is set up Word 2003 so i can type in some text in the
> left half of the postcard or 6x4 glossy paper.
> I have labels already to stick onto the right hand side of the paper and I
> can turn the paper over to print a picture on the other side.
> it's just getting the text onto the 6x4 paper.
>
> "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" <dkr@REMOVECAPSmvps.org> wrote in message
>> See the article "Graphics on Labels" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website
>> at
>>
>> http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps,
>>
>> Doug Robbins - Word MVP
>>
>> Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services
>> on
>> a paid professional basis.
>>
>> "Second Time Lucky" <justme@home.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> I want to print some postcards using Word 2003.
>>> How do I set this up for entering text and pictures?
>>>
>>> Thanks

0
Reply Terry 1/22/2010 9:44:45 AM

Okay got it set up nice now, thank you!

One last question:
How do I get to print out the background pattern onto the paper, it's just
printing the text with a white background.

Thank you.
"Terry Farrell" <terryfarrell@msn.com> wrote in message
> So what problem are you having typing text onto the 4" x 6" page? Just
> adjust the page settings to include a LARGE right margin to limit how far
> the text traverses before it automatically wraps to the next line. (Or if
> you need to type the other side of the page, adjust the left margin so.)
>
> --
> Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP
>
> "Second Time Lucky" <justme@home.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks for that but its far too complicated.
>> All I want to do is set up Word 2003 so i can type in some text in the
>> left half of the postcard or 6x4 glossy paper.
>> I have labels already to stick onto the right hand side of the paper and
>> I can turn the paper over to print a picture on the other side.
>> it's just getting the text onto the 6x4 paper.
>>
>> "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" <dkr@REMOVECAPSmvps.org> wrote in message
>>> See the article "Graphics on Labels" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
>>> website at
>>>
>>> http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm
>>>
>>> --
>>> Hope this helps,
>>>
>>> Doug Robbins - Word MVP
>>>
>>> Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my
>>> services on
>>> a paid professional basis.
>>>
>>> "Second Time Lucky" <justme@home.com> wrote in message

0
Reply Second 1/22/2010 10:29:25 AM

No need for help sorted!

Tools-Options-Print

> Okay got it set up nice now, thank you!
>
> One last question:
> How do I get to print out the background pattern onto the paper, it's just
> printing the text with a white background.
>
> Thank you.
> "Terry Farrell" <terryfarrell@msn.com> wrote in message
>> So what problem are you having typing text onto the 4" x 6" page? Just
>> adjust the page settings to include a LARGE right margin to limit how far
>> the text traverses before it automatically wraps to the next line. (Or if
>> you need to type the other side of the page, adjust the left margin so.)
>>
>> --
>> Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP
>>
>> "Second Time Lucky" <justme@home.com> wrote in message
>>> Thanks for that but its far too complicated.
>>> All I want to do is set up Word 2003 so i can type in some text in the
>>> left half of the postcard or 6x4 glossy paper.
>>> I have labels already to stick onto the right hand side of the paper and
>>> I can turn the paper over to print a picture on the other side.
>>> it's just getting the text onto the 6x4 paper.
>>>
>>> "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" <dkr@REMOVECAPSmvps.org> wrote in message

0
Reply Second 1/22/2010 10:34:36 AM

(page loaded in 0.161 seconds)