Placing Clip Art on Labels Problem

I am using W XP and Word 2003. I want to print a page of labels with
my return address to use on my Christmas cards. I would like to add a
piece of Christmas clip art to the labels. I went to Word help and
found the text below that is within the 2 solid lines.
When I am on the Envelopes and Labels  > Label screen and have entered
my address and formatted it I am unable to click on the Insert Menu to
get to the Picture option.
I have found that while on the Labels screen if I select New Document
I will then get a whole page of the labels with my address information
in them. I can then Insert a Picture into this but I must do it one
label at a time.
How can I print a whole page of labels containing my address and the
clip art at the same time?
Thanks for any and all help
.._____________________________________________________________________________________
Format label text and add graphics
You can customize the appearance of labels by formatting text and
adding graphics.

Format text

On the Tools menu, point to Letters and Mailings, and then click
Envelopes and Labels.

Click the Labels tab.

If necessary, enter or edit the label text in the Address box.

Select the text that you want to format.

Right-click the selected text, and then click Font on the shortcut
menu (shortcut menu: A menu that shows a list of commands relevant to
a particular item. To display a shortcut menu, right-click an item or
press SHIFT+F10.).

Make the changes that you want in the Font dialog box, and then click
OK.

All of the labels on the sheet will have the new formatting.

Add graphics

When you add graphics to labels, be sure to place the graphics where
they won't obstruct the address or otherwise interfere with the mail
processing. For more information, check with the postal service.

On the Insert menu, point to Picture, and then click the appropriate
command, depending on the location and type of graphic you want.
Locate the graphic, and then double-click it to insert it.
If you need to resize the graphic, drag a corner selection handle to
maintain the aspect ratio.
If the graphic does not align with the label text, on the Format menu,
click Picture, and then click the Layout tab.
Under Wrapping style, click Square, and then under Horizontal
alignment, click the alignment that you want.
Click OK.
trvlnmny

1. Use Publisher if you have it.

2. If you don't, http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"trvlnmny" <trvlnmny@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I am using W XP and Word 2003. I want to print a page of labels with
> my return address to use on my Christmas cards. I would like to add a
> piece of Christmas clip art to the labels. I went to Word help and
> found the text below that is within the 2 solid lines.
> When I am on the Envelopes and Labels  > Label screen and have entered
> my address and formatted it I am unable to click on the Insert Menu to
> get to the Picture option.
> I have found that while on the Labels screen if I select New Document
> I will then get a whole page of the labels with my address information
> in them. I can then Insert a Picture into this but I must do it one
> label at a time.
> How can I print a whole page of labels containing my address and the
> clip art at the same time?
> Thanks for any and all help
> ._____________________________________________________________________________________
> Format label text and add graphics
> You can customize the appearance of labels by formatting text and
> adding graphics.
>
> Format text
>
> On the Tools menu, point to Letters and Mailings, and then click
> Envelopes and Labels.
>
> Click the Labels tab.
>
> If necessary, enter or edit the label text in the Address box.
>
> Select the text that you want to format.
>
> Right-click the selected text, and then click Font on the shortcut
> menu (shortcut menu: A menu that shows a list of commands relevant to
> a particular item. To display a shortcut menu, right-click an item or
> press SHIFT+F10.).
>
> Make the changes that you want in the Font dialog box, and then click
> OK.
>
> All of the labels on the sheet will have the new formatting.
>
> Add graphics
>
> When you add graphics to labels, be sure to place the graphics where
> they won't obstruct the address or otherwise interfere with the mail
> processing. For more information, check with the postal service.
>
> On the Insert menu, point to Picture, and then click the appropriate
> command, depending on the location and type of graphic you want.
> Locate the graphic, and then double-click it to insert it.
> If you need to resize the graphic, drag a corner selection handle to
> maintain the aspect ratio.
> If the graphic does not align with the label text, on the Format menu,
> click Picture, and then click the Layout tab.
> Under Wrapping style, click Square, and then under Horizontal
> alignment, click the alignment that you want.
> Click OK.
> __________________________________________________________________________________________

0
JoAnn

RMS CC Report Print Problem
At the end of the day after settling my credit cards, I print the "Electronic Draft Capture Detailed" report for the day's transactions. The first copy of the report has the page with all the headings but the report data is located at the upper left corner of the page in a 1 inch square box, I then print a 2nd page and it comes out okay. Any suggestions would help. Thanks ...

Placing bubbles
I would like to place bubbles on the 2D places (x,y) with different radius. The coordinates are the (column, row) an´d the rtadius the value in the cell (column, row). For example the value 0.25 in the cell (2,5) means, that a bubble with radius 0.25 placed on the 2D coordinate system at the location x=2, y=5. How to do it ? The bubble chart places the bubbles on the location (column, radius). Thanks in advance, Laszlo I'm probably not understanding but I'll take a shot . . . assuming the bubble chart is similar to an XY Scatter chart, wouldn't you set your data up li...

Shortcuts placed on desktop
Every time I close Money 2004 I have 2 new shortcuts for some bank on my desktop. Does anyone know how to turn this off? -- JollyRoger In microsoft.public.money, JollyRoger wrote: >Every time I close Money 2004 I have 2 new shortcuts for some bank on my >desktop. Does anyone know how to turn this off? Tools->Options->General->TurnOffSponsorshipsAndShoppingLinks. Thanks for the help. -- JollyRoger "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote: > In microsoft.public.money, JollyRoger wrote: > > >Every time I close Money 2004 I have 2 new shortcuts for some bank on ...

Order By String Problem
I have a field named itemSize that contains values like the below example. When I do a regular "ORDER BY" itemSize, SQL sorts the 10" through 14" first, then it goes to 4" through 8" and finishes with the "n/a". In vb, I have used the Val() function to overcome this issue, but SQL doesn't contain a Val() function. What would be the best way to drop the inch character and get a true sort? Do I need to pad a "0" to the single digit records? I need to be able to sort asc and desc. Any ideas? itemSize ========== n/a 4&q...

Problems opening Excel
I have not had any problems with Excel until today...do not use it very often but need it when I do. Every time I tried to open any of my Excel files which I keep in a folder, the Windows Installer popped up and tried to install Windows XP professional with Front Page ( I have Home Edition of XP) So I could not open my files. I found the excel.exe file and created a short cut and can open files from that but it is still frustrating that I cannot open files in the folder. I disabled the Windows Installer, downloaded the new Service Pack that is available. The latest is that I can st...

Data Labels and Trendlines
Two questions: Is it possible to individually color format Data Labels? Can drop lines somehow be added to a trend line? Thanks, Phil Phil, Yes, you can individually color data labels. If you click on any data label once, you will select all of the labels within the series. Click again and you will select the individual label. In effect, double-click on the data label to select it. Then use the fill-color icon or other formatting tools to format the label. I don't believe you can add drop down bars to a trendline via Excel's normal trendline options. However, you can ex...

printing labels
I can print word and excel documents, but when I go to print a full page of labels I can't. My printer shows a meesage to add paper when I all ready have paper. have you tried to remove the paper from the printer before printing labels? then simply feed the printer with the label paper when it asks. -- db·´¯`·...¸><)))º> DatabaseBen, Retired Professional - Systems Analyst - Database Developer - Accountancy - Veteran of the Armed Forces - Microsoft Partner - @hotmail.com ~~~~~~~~~~"share the nirvana" - dbZen ...

97 to 2000 problem
I posted this in the other forum, but was told this one might be more appropriate. I have tried it on 3 machines with Access 2000 without success. I have an application which was developed in Access 97. We are now switching to Access 2000. My problem is with an event that doesn't work in 2000. The strange part is that it does work in 97 and 2003. Basically I have a unbound control in the form header which I use to filter for a record to be edited. The code is below. When run under 2000, if the record is found it drops down to the next field [CurrentInvoice] but it doesn't dis...

Problems Validateing MS Money Plus Premium Win32 (2008)
I am trying to validate my Money Plus Premium Product just installed. The validation screen is asking for a key with the following format: XX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX Problem is my key is 2 digits followed by 5 sets of 5 digits, not 4 Anyone having the same problem. Am I doing something wrong here? -- LewK -- LewK ...

Truncating decimal places
When I export a file (from Access or Excel) with a decimal value (in this case Lat. and Lon. values) to a text file, it truncates the decimals to two places. How do I stop this? It works fine if I export as text values. The decimal places are probably there, just not displayed. Select the cells and either click on the icon on the toolbar to increase the decimal places or change the formatting - Format | Cells... | Number tab | Number and increase the Decimal places. Regards Trevor "Greymane" <greymane21@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7b5501c402f6$140f8bb0$a501280a@...

Excel-cannot view info placed in cells
I built a spreadsheet, filled in the cells and saved the document. Now in trying to reopen it to add more info, I find that the spreadsheet does not show up at all when opened. Just gone. Thanks for any help. I have never had this issue before. Liz Liz: Do you mean you just have the "gray" area? If so, try opening and hit Window-->Arrange, and just hit OK. ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "crayon" <crayon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A98FD557-6417-407A-B5A5-B47F4141C7A7@microsoft.com... >I built a spreadshe...

Screen refresh problem
Hi! When I change a value inside a worksheet, I see the contents of an other sheet inside the activesheet. Then, when I scroll with the mouse, it disapears. Does anyone have an idea? Thank you! -- Alex St-Pierre A poorly designed change_event?? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Alex St-Pierre" <AlexStPierre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7616A58E-4706-4C9E-8F90-C0FE55326808@microsoft.com... > Hi! > When I change a value inside a worksheet, I see the contents of an other > sheet inside...

windows mails problem
I have created many folders in my inbox. I regularly take back-up of my mails in external hard disk. Recently I had to do system recover due to virus problem and lost all my mails. I imported mails from my external hard disk along with all the folders intact. Since yesterday I am facing a weird problem. 2 of my folders are acting funnily. If I click any mail in one folder, I see same matter for all the mails although I can see different subjects for each mail. For other folder if I click any mail I see following message - Message could not be displayed Windows Mail encounte...

Place Templates
Well,. I. ...

Problem Setup CRM 4.0
Hi, I try to install the 90day trial of MS CRM 4.0 dutch, but i get installation error Setup: 1 SBS server 2003 (Dutch) 1 VMware server with different Windows2003 servers (Uk) --> on this server i have 1 W2003 server (dedicated) in use voor the SQL 2005 with 2 instances in it. 1 for CRM and 1 for an other application. Also on this server i use the reportingserver, a second W2003 server is used to install the CRM application After the systemcheckup the installation starts well but stops with the error : Translation because it's a dutch version : Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.Us...

Search Problem
Whenever I STOP a search in Windows Explorer.... while it is searching the computer freezes up and I have to go to task manager to end the search. Any reason or repair for this? Thanks, Oreally "OREALLY" <oreally@comcast.net> said this in news item news:OvBIhV7jKHA.3792@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Whenever I STOP a search in Windows Explorer.... while it is searching the > computer freezes up and I > have to go to task manager to end the search. Any reason or repair for > this? > > Thanks, > > Oreally Does the same thing ...

How do I hide data labels that show a zero value on histograms?
Hi, I need to know how to hide data labels that show a zero value on histograms. On *line chart*, I've put "=NA()" instead of the zero returned by the formula, and it functions, but using the same technique *with histograms* I got "#N/A" displayed on the chart. The only way to avoid it, it seems to me, it's leaving the cells blank, but I need to keep formula inside. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, Sara -- saretta75 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ saretta75's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=...

Problems re-entering product key
Hey guys, need some help here, am at a lost. This is the situation: After updating my mac office 08, I couldn't open any office application because apparently, my product key was invalid. So I went through the procedure of removing and re-entering my product key as stated on mactopia's website. But I am stuck at the step of entering my (new) product key. Clicking on 'continue' gives no response. Anyone encountered such a problem or know what's the problem? Thank you so much for your help. On 4/1/10 8:24 PM, Samantha wrote: > This is the situation: After ...

signature to be placed at BOTTOM of the email
hi all I have one netscape 7.1 user, he have configure the signature when reply back the sender the signature is inserted at bottom of the quote how do we do it at MS Outlook 2003? In other words, it means, when he reply more than one time on the same email, ALL the signature is appear at the BOTTOM of the email thanks Version of Outlook is? You could insert the signature manually via Quick Parts or Auto text depending on the Outlook version and if Word is used as the editor. "gbkhor" <gbkhor@time.net.my> wrote in message news:OUpyBEqfIHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl.....

Great Plains should allow more decimal places for finance charges
We are currently using Great Plains v. 8.00. Our intent was to charge a 5% annual interest rate for our finance charges; but, because Great Plains will only allow 2 decimal places for the monthly rate, we are charging a monthly rate of .41%, which equates to an annual rate of 4.92%, rather than being able to use a monthly rate of .41666666666666% (or something similar), which would allow us to get to the desired annual rate of 5%. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click t...

Serialize a object inherited Label control
Hi... i try to serialize a object inherited of label control, as follow: //definition public class WinLabel : System.Windows.Forms.Label { public WinLabel() {} } //execution WinLabel l = new WinLabel(); l.Text="text"; l.Name="name"; XmlSerializer ser = new XmlSerializer(typeof(MO.WinLabel)); //error happening this line FileStream fs = File.OpenWrite("c:\\label.xml"); XmlTextWriter x = new XmlTextWriter(fs,System.Text.Encoding.UTF8); x.Formatting=Formatting.Indented; try { ser.Serialize(x,l); } finally { fs.Close(); } But error happening: "An unhandled ...

Common Dialog Problem
Awesome! Application.GetOpenFilename seems to have taken care of the problems and I won't even have to change too much of my code. Thank you, Jim!!! Nny :) PS I was only using the Common Dialog control because I didn't know of Application.GetOpenFilename <smile> ...

Problem with Printer Definition
I am running an automated application that prints access reports on a schedule throughout the day. Between 5 and 6 at night when a reports tries to print, access pops up a messsage saying that the printer selected in the definition is not available and wants asks to change to the same printer on port ne01 Any suggestions on the cause of this problem? Thanks Matt 1. Open the report in design view. 2. On the File menu, choose Page Setup. 3. On the middle tab of the dialog, choose: Default Printer instead of: Specific Printer. 4. Save. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. P...

query problem 12-01-09
I've got a table of Organizations and a table of Memberships. Memberships have an OrgID and one Org can be part of many Memberships. Memberships have an expiration date. I'm trying to build a list of Organizations that have at least one non- expired Membership associated with it. I'd like each current Org to show once in a list (for an unbound combo box). I tried: SELECT tblOrganizations.OrganizationID, tblOrganizations.Name, [tblMemberships.Anniversary]>(Date()-60) AS [Current] FROM tblOrganizations INNER JOIN tblMemberships ON tblOrganizations.OrganizationID ...

IE8 problems 12-06-09
I don't know what I've done but I wondered if someone could help me with this annoying problem. When I call up a webpage from 'Favourites' the IE8 page with toolbars appear maximised as normal. The actual webpage though is now squashed into the top left hand side of the page still exposing most of the desktop. I've tried to change the zoom but all that does is make the text in the squashed box larger. If I minimise the webpage and then maximise then the page displays correctly but I am sure that there is a setting I must be able to change (but even after tryi...