How do i use auto text to fill in a word after type few letters

i am trying to set my auto text to like at the end of a document , if i type
Sat... a screen tip will appear and display full Saturday?

There is no autocomplete function in Word 2007, like that you describe,
other than for dates.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"TTraver" <TTraver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i am trying to set my auto text to like at the end of a document , if i
>type
> Sat... a screen tip will appear and display full Saturday?

0
Graham
12/20/2009 6:57:19 AM
But it would of course be possible to create an AutoCorrect entry that
replaces "Sat" with "Saturday."

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
> There is no autocomplete function in Word 2007, like that you describe,
> other than for dates.
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "TTraver" <TTraver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>i am trying to set my auto text to like at the end of a document , if i
>>type
>> Sat... a screen tip will appear and display full Saturday?

0
Stefan
12/20/2009 2:00:06 PM
"I Saturday down at the table." Hmm. Might want to choose a trigger other
than "sat." <g>

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Stefan Blom" <StefanBlom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> But it would of course be possible to create an AutoCorrect entry that
> replaces "Sat" with "Saturday."
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>

> "Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
>> There is no autocomplete function in Word 2007, like that you describe,
>> other than for dates.
>>
>> --
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>>
>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>

>> "TTraver" <TTraver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>i am trying to set my auto text to like at the end of a document , if i
>>>type
>>> Sat... a screen tip will appear and display full Saturday?

0
Suzanne
12/20/2009 2:23:47 PM
Well, this should be less of a problem, assuming that the trigger was "Sat"
with uppercase S (as I suggested).

I do agree that, just in case, one might choose for example "#sat" that
isn't a real word.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
> "I Saturday down at the table." Hmm. Might want to choose a trigger other
> than "sat." <g>
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> "Stefan Blom" <StefanBlom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> But it would of course be possible to create an AutoCorrect entry that
>> replaces "Sat" with "Saturday."
>>
>> --
>> Stefan Blom
>> Microsoft Word MVP
>>

>> "Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
>>> There is no autocomplete function in Word 2007, like that you describe,
>>> other than for dates.
>>>
>>> --
>>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>>>
>>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>>

>>> "TTraver" <TTraver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Stefan

MOSS licensing user type
When a standard CAL is purchased for MOSS is it for a named user or for any user? If I purchase 10 CALs are they for 10 concurrent users or 10 named users? Licensing questions should really be addressed directly to Microsoft. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "James Martin" <JIT@nospam.nospam> wrote in message news:E00C091C-1E97-48B5-84C5-A3828C32A16F@microsoft.com... > When a standard CAL is purchased for MOSS is it for a named user or for > any > user? If I purchase 10 CALs are they for 10 concurrent u...

error C2440: 'type cast' : cannot convert from 'overloaded-function' to 'LPHANDLER_FUNCTION'
I wrote a VC program for service...In VC 6 it working fine...But In Visual Studio 2005 it got errorrs... My code is give below.... void CRRMService::ServiceMain() { int error; //MEMORYSTATUS memory; int result; ServiceStatus.dwServiceType = SERVICE_WIN32; ServiceStatus.dwCurrentState = SERVICE_START_PENDING; ServiceStatus.dwControlsAccepted = SERVICE_ACCEPT_STOP | SERVICE_ACCEPT_SHUTDOWN; ServiceStatus.dwWin32ExitCode = 0; ServiceStatus.dwServiceSpecificExitCode = 0; ServiceStatus.dwCheckPoint = 0; ServiceStatus.dwWaitHint ...

Mac Word 2008
I've used Word since version one for DOS and was an alpha tester for the first Word for Windows, so I'm not a total dunce. But for the life of me, I cannot figure how to place in the footer "Page X of Y (total pages)". For at least the last 10 years, plus in Mac Word 2004, I could open the footer and insert this feature easily. I've looked everywhere I can think of for information on how to do this in Mac Word 2008 to no blessed avail!! Why trying to do something that was so easy in previous versions of Word can possibly be viewed as an "enhancement&...

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

Auto Input Today's Date
I wish to create formula to automatically insert date and time for each new record created in Excel 2003/2007 database. I've tried the following in cell A6, so when I enter data into Worksheet called INPUT cell B6 , the date and time is automatically entered into A6 of the DATA worksheet, but it doesn't work: =IF(INPUT! B6>1,=NOW(),"") What am I doing wrong? I am using Data Form for user input of new data and don't want the user to input into a date field, so I have created INPUT worksheet without date and DATA worksheet with all identical fields using INPUT plus a d...

using forms

Paste as text not HTML
In WOrd 2007 one can FINALLY paste info from a web page as text as the default, not as HTML. Is this available in Excel 2007? I can't find it. -- Für Elise - Support the Breast Cancer & Heart Foundations ...

Using Spanish on Publisher

FormulaR1C1 using variables

how do you Create flashing Text
I am creating a newsletter and want one of the titles in the newsletter to flash or blink. How do I do this? Ask this here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign&cat=en_US_1845e149-582a-4e62-8d76-f1c90f948f44&lang=en&cr=US -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "lukieguy22" <lukieguy22@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E40D83D-8E98-40A7-ABE1-94307073C79E@microsoft.com... >I am creating a newsletter and want one of the titles in the newsletter to > flash ...

Using XML with ASP.NET

Using secured OMA

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

scatter plots using pivot table data

Using resources, how to ?

Allow temporarily use of right click

How to use interfaces
Hi ... How can you show in an UML diagram using visio that you have 1 class who uses the interface implementet by another ?? ex: C# public class MyClass : ImyInterface { //some code } //And then in another class you will do something like: private ImyInterface imi = new MyClass(); can you show this via UML shapes in Visio ?? thanks in advance ... -- ------------------------------- Med Venlig Hilsen Tonni Schm´┐Żcker Tonni@cool.dk ...

What do you use Excel for?

Clearing Form Content in Word 2007
Does anyone know how to clear the contents of a form in Word 2007? Create the form as a template and then use File New and select that template each time you want an empty form. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "caehgar" <caehgar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA9A2941-7C23-4983-B4DE-C32F877757CF@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to clear the contents of a form in Word 2007? ...