How do I un-encrypt a document

  • Follow

I am using windows vista and want to make a word document not encrypted.  Is
it stuck like that forever?  I know the password, but I don't want the
document protected anymore
3
Reply Utf 1/6/2010 8:54:01 PM

On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 12:54:01 -0800, brote12
<brote12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am using windows vista and want to make a word document not encrypted.  Is
>it stuck like that forever?  I know the password, but I don't want the
>document protected anymore

Open the document, using the password. Go back to the same dialog
where you set the password, and empty out the password field before
clicking OK. Then save the document again.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

(page loaded in 0.029 seconds)