How do I un-encrypt a document

I am using windows vista and want to make a word document not encrypted.  Is
it stuck like that forever?  I know the password, but I don't want the
document protected anymore

On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 12:54:01 -0800, brote12
<brote12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am using windows vista and want to make a word document not encrypted.  Is
>it stuck like that forever?  I know the password, but I don't want the
>document protected anymore

Open the document, using the password. Go back to the same dialog
where you set the password, and empty out the password field before
clicking OK. Then save the document again.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Setting "x of y" number of pages in Word documents
I am trying to set page numbers in the footer of a Word document, using the "x of Y" format. The problem is that I don't want to count the first page. I've introduced a Section Break so that the page count begins on the second page, but I can't find a way to make the total page count ignore the first page. The result is that the final page in the doc reads "Page 15 of 16", when I want it to read "Page 15 of 15". Any suggestions? Press Alt+F9 to show the field codes in the document. The "Y" part of Page X of Y will look like th...

how do I UN-concatenate cells
I have a string of numbers 00633.84010.12740.0000.10101 that I need to break out into the separate components. Is the string of numbers always 5 numbers, a dot, 5 numbers, a dot, etc? If it's *always* in that format you can use a MID() function. If the separate components are between dots but irregularly spaced it becomes trickier. If it's the easy scenario, and supposing your string is in cell A1, try =MID(A1,1,5) =MID(A1,7,5) =MID(A1,13,5) etc Hi Julia, If you try Data > Text to Columns and follow the options, this may be what you are after. Regards Graham juli...

Partnertech CD7220-UN pole display
Hello, Has anyone had any luck with this display? I've tried just about every configuration combination I can find, but all I get is the "Line 1" and "Line 2" at POS startup and nothing else. Also, when I close POS I get an error "Store Operations has encountered a problem and needs to close". The details of the error are: AppName: soposuser.exe AppVer: 2.0.0.126 Mod Name: kernel32.dll Modver: 5.1.2600.5781 offset: 00009823 Im using Microsoft RMS v. 2.0.0.126 The pole display is a USB unit. Thanks in advance. Phil BTW, a posiflex P...

collegare ad un dll un programma console
Ciao a tutti! Ho creato una libreria dll con la classe PIPPO. Come faccio a collegare questa dll con un programma console utilizzando il C#?! ...

Creating Hyperlink in Excel to PDF document???
I can create hyperlinks to word documents from Excel no problem but it is not letting me hyperlink to PDF? Does anyone know how to do this? Alastair ...

utlook 2007 & 2003 encrypted email forwarding HELP
utlook 2007 & 2003 encrypted email forwarding: I have a question about forwarding encrypted emails. Scenario #1 Outlook 2003 I have received an encrypted email from outside our exchange, from an existing client not within our office. We have completed the DIGITALLY SIGNED process and we can send Signed and encrypted emails to each other just fine all is working. NON-ISSUE -- once I receive the encrypted email with the little blue lock, I open it then at that point (IN OUTLOOK 2003) I can then forward it to a co-worker within our office and within our exchange environment ...

Get Un-Friendly HTTP Error Messages?
MSIE8, Vista SP2 I'd like to see the NON-friendly HTTP error messages. However, clicking off the "Show Friendly HTTP Error Messages" off has no effect. I tried using the Reset feature, but it did not help. Ideas? Are you /sure/ you want to do this? I mean, they're not called 'friendly' HTTP error messages for nothing. Here's an example of a non-friendly error message: "How about typing the URL /correctly/ next time, you putz." (Try re-starting the browser after you remove the check mark. In any case, clear TIF before you go huntin...

"File In Use" when opening two documents based on the same templat
I've created a template (.dotx) and saved it on our fileserver so that all employees can create documents based on this template. The template contains styles, headers, footer and some standard text. We have now created a couple of documents (.docx) based on this template but if I have a document that’s based on that template open and a colleague of mine opens a different document that is also based on the same template he gets the following message: File In Use xxxxxx.dotx is locked för editing by ‘Henrik’. Do you want to: o Open a Read Only copy o Create a local ...

envoyer un fichier
j'essaie d'envoyer un fichier de 634 mo..... ca me dit que le programme ne r�pond pas..... le fichier est trop lourd c ca?? Sinon comment puis-je my prendre pour r�ussir a envoyer ce fichier?? ...

Document no longer exist in originating module
Hi, Sometimes a getting this message: "Document no longer exists in originating module" when I tried to click on "Cash Receipts" for Customer. This receipt exist but not fully distributed. I tried to reconcile and so on all documents. Nothing. Thank you Vitali, Have you tried check links as well? When you say 'not fully distributed', what exactly do you mean? -- Victoria Yudin Microsoft MVP - Great Plains "Vitali V" <vitvov@dynamo-ny.com> wrote in message news:u0$0CW2IFHA.904@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Sometimes a gettin...

Money file encrypted

un-group and un-constrain all the class diagram elements
Hi. I have an UML class diagram that I have to paste inside another Visio diagram. The destination diagram is not UML, it's A3 printed sheet formatted to match some rules (borders, table for description in the corner etc). I want to make class digram bigger and then make it better visually - e.g. move some labels around and resize stuff. However there are problems, namely (as in the original class diagram) I cannot move connection end labels around and I cannot change block height. I tried all kinds of options like disabling the protection, adding to new layers etc, but nothing seems to ...

Automatically Saving an Excel Document as a Web Page #2
I've managed to get the files to save as html after either a certain amount of time or at a certain time. Now, immensely awesome a feat as this is, I'd still like to create a macro that causes files to be saved as html whenever they're changed and saved in the conventional sense. Suggestions? -- Danimagus ...

crm 3.0: quote and attached document
hi, one of our subsidiaries are currently working with quotes/offers, written in winword, which will be attached to a crm 3.0-quote. inside the crm-quotes heavily the probability-feature is used (reports are depending on this). however this probability changes very often until an order comes in. this means that the crm-quote will receive another revision-id, which can appear up to 10 times. the problem thereby is that the attached winword-quote/offer thereby is hard to find for a sales-person. no doubt the process behind is not the best (and currently looks to be redefined). however t...

inserting an excel table into word document
How do i insert an existing excel table into a new word doc? I have been using copy and paste but the table format is changed once copied into Word. Is there any other ways? Also, can I insert an Excel table that was in 'landscape' page setup, into a Word in 'Portrait' mode? Thank you in advance for your help!!! ...

DPM 2007 encrypt storage disks?
I have a 2008 R2 Enterprise server that I'm using as a Hyper-V server. I am going to protect it with DPM 2007. On the production server, I am using BitLocker to encrypt the various disks, including the disks the VHDs are stored on. If someone steals my server, they should find the data inaccessible. However, if I backup the VM's to disk, and someone steals my backup server, are the backups on disk also encrypted / inaccessible? If not, is there a way that I can encrypt them? thank you Thank you for reaching newsgroup for giving the feedback for your scenar...

Combining several documents (chapters) into a single document (boo
Is there a mechanism for achieving this besides cutting and pasting each individual document into a main document to which blank pages have been added? -- dkb No, only by copying/cutting or pasting. Drag n' drop also works. You can have as many instances of Publisher open at a time as you wish up to your system resources. -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" ...

Checklist w/in Checklists and pulling files into a word document.
I am trying to create a template for checklist in Word. Sometimes, an item in a checklist will obviate needing another checklist. Example: To Do: - get groceries <--- if I click on this then a list of the grocery items I need appears. - check oil in car <-- if the oil needs changing then I click on this and it opens another checklist on what items I need to change the oil Another way to ask some task - if I click on "check oil," is there a way to pull another file/document into the original word file. Say I have a receip...

un-consolidating a list
Hi all, I have a PDF document that has 4 columns: Line number, Employee Number, Last Name, First Name. When I export this, I get a document that has one column, in the following pattern, once per page: Line Number 1 2 3 Employee Number 1 2 3 Last Name Smith Jones Williams First Name Joe Bob Walter Page x of y Is there an easy way to put that back into columns and rows? I'm doing it by hand this time, but I have this issue more and more. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Aaron C One play to try .. Assuming source data in A1 down, in a repeating pattern of 16 lines per group, followed...

Formatting Code shows up as Header when Cut/Paste from Word Document in Firefox
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Hello, <br><br>Recently, whenever I cut/paste text from a Word doc into a another document, such as e-mail, posting to an online newsletter, etc. I get a header with various streams of info at the top. In e-mail, I've just been deleting it, but I recently posted an event to an online newsletter and when it appeared online, I copied below what showed up before the text. I see it in e-mails, so I can delete it, but in this case, it never showed up as part of the preview. I've tried uninstalling/re-installing Firefox. H...

Archive Document Library items older than XX months
Anyone come up with a good way to archive(i.e. move to another library) "old" documents, (i.e. ones that haven't been modified in 6 months?). The dispostion workflow works for the current item(the one being uploaded), but I am looking for something that will identify all the old items and email someone to ask whether to delete or archive. I created a custom workflow in Sharepoint Designer to move the items to an archive library, however, it has the same problem as the disposition workflow, it works on the "current" item, the one being uploaded or modif...

how to make sure a xsl document has valid xsl syntax? i tried loading it into an xml document but that doesnt show syntax errors inside attributes such as "foo/bar" vs "bar\foo"
how to make sure a xsl document has valid xsl syntax? i tried loading it into an xml document but that doesnt show syntax errors inside attributes such as "foo/bar" vs "bar\foo" Daniel wrote: > how to make sure a xsl document has valid xsl syntax? i tried loading it > into an xml document but that doesnt show syntax errors inside attributes > such as "foo/bar" vs "bar\foo" System.XML performs only checks for the well-formedness of Documents, not for validity. You need a Schema for XSLT wich defines Regular Expressions to check for "sy...

Adding vertical scrollbars to a embedded word document
I have an embedded word document in my access form which I'm using to show a preview of how a particular part of a 3rd party report will look like. I've been able to create the word document and embed it into the form but I can't activate the vertical scroll bars so much of what I'm trying to display is clipped off. Any help would be greatly apreciated. Seems I posted too soon, managed to work out a solution of sorts. For anyone else trying to do the same I solved my problem by creating the embedded word document as a very large subform. The subform provides the scroll bars a...

I have an exel file that when opened, opens as a word document. .
The Exel Icon shows when I click on the file. When it opens, it is a Word document. How do I get my Exel file back? First, check your file extension. Is it still an Excel File? If not, open it in Word and use Save As to save it as an Excel File by changing the Save As Type. You will have lost any formulas if you have to do this, so I would only do it if the File Type is no longer .xls. If you still have an xls file, you can try opening up My Documents. From the Windows Explorer Window, choose Tools|Folder Options. Click onto the File Types Tab. Find XLS and make sure it is supposed t...

Being saved to a temporary document
I've got several users in a subnet who are experiencing an intermittent problem when saving Excel files. They get an error message: Your changes could not be saved to '...', but were saved to a temporary document named '...'. Close the existing document, then open the temporary document and save it under a new name. The first '...' is the original file name; the second '...' is a bunch of numbers. The new file with the numbers in the name is saved in the same location, and does not have an extension. I've found a bit of information on Microsoft'...