How do I stop lines of text breaking where I don't want them to?

  • Follow

>> Mr Devlin asked Sen-Sgt Hurley if he was aware that (police procedural)
>> rules
>> clearly prohibit officers (involved in any incident to be investigated)
>> from talking
>> among themselves because it may contaminate evidence.

How do I make the lines wrap correctly?
-1
Reply Utf 3/12/2010 3:10:02 AM

If you click on the Show/Hide (¶) button and it reveals a ¶ after the words
"rules" and "talking", See the article "Cleaning up text pasted from the
 Web” at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CleanWebText.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Diet Simon" <Diet Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Mr Devlin asked Sen-Sgt Hurley if he was aware that (police procedural)
>>> rules
>>> clearly prohibit officers (involved in any incident to be investigated)
>>> from talking
>>> among themselves because it may contaminate evidence.
>
> How do I make the lines wrap correctly?

0
Reply Doug 3/12/2010 3:23:46 AM

Press Ctrl+Shift+8 or click the � button to display nonprinting
characters. If there are paragraph marks (� symbols) or manual line
breaks (left-pointing arrows) at the ends of lines, delete them. Press
Ctrl+Shift+8 or click the � button again to turn off the marks. (See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm.)

If there's a lot of this text, you can use the Replace function to
remove them. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/CleanWebText.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 19:10:02 -0800, Diet Simon <Diet
Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>>> Mr Devlin asked Sen-Sgt Hurley if he was aware that (police procedural)
>>> rules
>>> clearly prohibit officers (involved in any incident to be investigated)
>>> from talking
>>> among themselves because it may contaminate evidence.
>
>How do I make the lines wrap correctly?
0
Reply Jay 3/12/2010 3:32:00 AM

Try this. Got to:

http://www.papercut.com/emailStripper.htm

and download emailStripper. It works great to eliminate all the >'s, line
ends, and paragraph breaks inside of a paragraph. It works in one pass and
is very quick. It does insert a short advertising paragraph at the end of
the cleaned up document but it is easy to remove.  It is free.

Gordo

"Diet Simon" <Diet Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Mr Devlin asked Sen-Sgt Hurley if he was aware that (police procedural)
>>> rules
>>> clearly prohibit officers (involved in any incident to be investigated)
>>> from talking
>>> among themselves because it may contaminate evidence.
>
> How do I make the lines wrap correctly?

0
Reply gordo 3/12/2010 2:28:51 PM

Stripmail is a similar tool that you can download from my web site and has
no advertising.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"gordo" <none@phony.net> wrote in message
> Try this. Got to:
>
> http://www.papercut.com/emailStripper.htm
>
> and download emailStripper. It works great to eliminate all the >'s, line
> ends, and paragraph breaks inside of a paragraph. It works in one pass and
> is very quick. It does insert a short advertising paragraph at the end of
> the cleaned up document but it is easy to remove.  It is free.
>
> Gordo
>
> "Diet Simon" <Diet Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>> How do I make the lines wrap correctly?

0