How do I stop lines of text breaking where I don't want them to?

>> Mr Devlin asked Sen-Sgt Hurley if he was aware that (police procedural)
>> rules
>> clearly prohibit officers (involved in any incident to be investigated)
>> from talking
>> among themselves because it may contaminate evidence.

How do I make the lines wrap correctly?
-1

If you click on the Show/Hide (¶) button and it reveals a ¶ after the words
"rules" and "talking", See the article "Cleaning up text pasted from the
 Web” at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CleanWebText.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Diet Simon" <Diet Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Mr Devlin asked Sen-Sgt Hurley if he was aware that (police procedural)
>>> rules
>>> clearly prohibit officers (involved in any incident to be investigated)
>>> from talking
>>> among themselves because it may contaminate evidence.
>
> How do I make the lines wrap correctly?

0
Doug
3/12/2010 3:23:46 AM
Press Ctrl+Shift+8 or click the � button to display nonprinting
characters. If there are paragraph marks (� symbols) or manual line
breaks (left-pointing arrows) at the ends of lines, delete them. Press
Ctrl+Shift+8 or click the � button again to turn off the marks. (See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm.)

If there's a lot of this text, you can use the Replace function to
remove them. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/CleanWebText.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 19:10:02 -0800, Diet Simon <Diet
Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>>> Mr Devlin asked Sen-Sgt Hurley if he was aware that (police procedural)
>>> rules
>>> clearly prohibit officers (involved in any incident to be investigated)
>>> from talking
>>> among themselves because it may contaminate evidence.
>
>How do I make the lines wrap correctly?
0
Jay
3/12/2010 3:32:00 AM
Try this. Got to:

http://www.papercut.com/emailStripper.htm

and download emailStripper. It works great to eliminate all the >'s, line
ends, and paragraph breaks inside of a paragraph. It works in one pass and
is very quick. It does insert a short advertising paragraph at the end of
the cleaned up document but it is easy to remove.  It is free.

Gordo

"Diet Simon" <Diet Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Mr Devlin asked Sen-Sgt Hurley if he was aware that (police procedural)
>>> rules
>>> clearly prohibit officers (involved in any incident to be investigated)
>>> from talking
>>> among themselves because it may contaminate evidence.
>
> How do I make the lines wrap correctly?

0
gordo
3/12/2010 2:28:51 PM
Stripmail is a similar tool that you can download from my web site and has
no advertising.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"gordo" <none@phony.net> wrote in message
> Try this. Got to:
>
> http://www.papercut.com/emailStripper.htm
>
> and download emailStripper. It works great to eliminate all the >'s, line
> ends, and paragraph breaks inside of a paragraph. It works in one pass and
> is very quick. It does insert a short advertising paragraph at the end of
> the cleaned up document but it is easy to remove.  It is free.
>
> Gordo
>
> "Diet Simon" <Diet Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>> How do I make the lines wrap correctly?

0
Graham

improve text formating features in text fields
The word editing facilities in the notes sections are very very limited. E.g. no bullit list option, only very basic copy/past functionality, you can only add one attachment per note.etc.etc. Is it possible to imprve this? I would also like to have the option to change the sequence of the notes in the way they are shown on the screen. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link ...

SOP Line Item Transfer
It would be nice to be able to pull/transfer line items from several orders or back orders unto 1 invoice (sort of how it's done in the POP module). Sorry this was supposed to be a suggestion "Allison" wrote: > It would be nice to be able to pull/transfer line items from several orders > or back orders unto 1 invoice (sort of how it's done in the POP module). ...

changing the default for line connectors
I'm using the Flowcharting template and cannot figure out how to change the default line color to black and the connector type to straight connector. I can change individual lines once they've been made first by right clicking and changing to straight, and then to format/line/color, but once I create a new line, it automatically goes back to the square connector and blue line. I've even tried the format/line/color before putting in lines, and it still defaults back to blue. Please help! ...

stops responding

Drawing a line
I have a string of 256 numbers ranging in value from 0 to 255. Lets say I want to draw a horizontal Red 256 point line of these points with each point a shade of red equal to the value of each point. I created a picture box which will accommodate the length of this line called IDC_PIC1 How do I do this in a Visual C++ 6 MFC App. Thanks in advance. In your control's OnPaint, you can select a pen (use CPen) of whatever color you want and use methods like LineTo, MoveTo to draw lines between two points on the device context thats passed to you in OnPaint. Look at related samples at codep...

Incorrect date in line chart in Excel.
I'm having difficulty with a line chart. I've got two ranges of numbers of two types of calls (from 1972 through 2004) that goes up from 50 to 7700. My chart's Y axis has automatically decided to show from 0 to 16,000. On the chart itself, my data placement starts at about 6,000 (for both 24 “F” calls and 649 “M” calls in the year 1972) and goes up to a point above 14,000 (for a figure that should only be just above 7000). I've tried to change the scale of my Y axis, but when I am able to so (2 out of 5 times) my data then goes off the chart. So I've looked at m...

blue stop screen 0x0000007E

recipient policy stopped working

blocking specific text in Word
Hello- I am creating a document for a client. There will be certain areas that will be locked and certain areas where my client will need to input information. They wanted to know if there is a way that when their team types in their information that they can block out specific words so they wouldn't be able to type them in. For example, they have a long list of products and only want the client to be able to input certain product words but block out other ones. Is there anyway to do this? Thanks! I don't know of any way to block specific words, but they could us...

Line Chart #11
I have created a line chart that has data that goes from 82-104. It is over a 3 year period so I have 3 lines on the chart. I need to put a horizontal line across the chart at 94 to show a baseline and when the lines have dipped below this value. Is there a way to add this line. I am using Excel 07. Thanks in advance. Simply create another series of data with values of 94. You could format the text white so that you don't see these cells then. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "P. Zicari" wrote: > I have create...

How do I merge 3 lines of text to show in one row?
I am doing a family history excel document. One row should have approx. 3 lines of info, however, I can only get one row of info to show. When I dclick that row the info shows but when I print or do a print preview only one line of info shows. I have merged the cells in that row. It sounds like you need to select Wrap Text from the Alignment tab of the Format Cells dialog and/or increase the height of the row to accommodate the numbers of rows of text in the cell. -- Ian -- "pita29" <pita29@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3D24CC3-7B38-4461-9B29-6...

text from one column into multiple columns
Hi, How can I take text entered like this: Mike Smith Toyota 123 Main St Anytown, TX 12345 phone 713 222 1212 fax 713 222 2121 ....and move it to where every address element (name, street, city, etc.) is in its own column? Text to Columns obviously won't work, and I've had no luck trying to make a macro to do it. Thanks, Jeff Hi do you always have the same amount of rows per record? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jeff Brown wrote: > Hi, > How can I take text entered like this: > Mike Smith Toyota > 123 Main St > Anytown, TX 12345 > phone 713 222 12...

Stop all macros
I have a button on a form, which should do different things depending on 1. The data contained within the current record; 2. Whether the current record is a 'new record'; 3. Whether the current record is the first record in the form. On click, an embedded macro is initiated. Each step in the embedded macro has a condition and a corresponding 'RunMacro' action. All the conditions are mutually exclusive, and each sub-macro has a final step of 'StopAllMacros'. So the embedded macro should trigger one, and only one sub-macro. However, it appears that what is act...

Mixed justification on a line
I need to mix the justification in a line of text in Publisher 2003. Part left, part right. mfried21 wrote: >I need to mix the justification in a line of text in > Publisher 2003. Part left, part right. =================================== Have you tried using two text boxes? -- John Inzer return e-mail disabled Hi - Use left justification for the line and put in a text-to- the-left tab stop on your right margin. M. >-----Original Message----- >I need to mix the justification in a line of text in Publisher 2003. Part >left, part right. >. > ...

Stopping the scroll bar
Hi all, this is my first time. I don't know if this is the right place for this problem but here I go. I have created a template of an invoice the size of an A4 and would like to stop the scroll bar moving both horizantally and vertically in normal view just as if it was in print view. Is that possible through VBA and if yes what is the code that I would need to achieve such task. Thanks in advance --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Not too sure what you are after but you can remove the scrollbars with <Tools - Options> and then in the View tab, at the bottom,...

Contract line invoice date changing when line is cancelled
Is there a way to keep the contract line invoice date from changing to the cancelled "as of" date when cancelling a contract line? We bill in advance and would like the invoice date to remain as is. Example: inv dt: 12/1/06 coverage dates: 12/1/06 - 12/31/06 After cancelling the line as of 12/14/06: inv dt: 12/14/06 coverage dates: 12/1/06 - 12/14/06 ...

Stopping a Campaign Temporarily
Hi, My client has executed the campaign in Jan 1st 2006 and the end date is Dec 31st 2006. But he wants to stop the campaign temporarily from 15th July 2006 and again start it from 1st Aug 2006. So what is that I need to do for this thing, i have never come across this kind of situation before. Thanks in advance. Regards, Shabbir. ...

IE 6/ActiveX assert in CTLNOWND.CPP line 305
Hello, I have a problem with an ActiveX inside a web page. A random ASSERT in CTLNOWND.CPP line 305 occours during a GetDC first call. It's seems wnd handle is still NULL (it begin valid immediatly after). If I retard calling putting a button in html page it work. CDC* COleControl::GetDC(LPCRECT lprcRect, DWORD dwFlags) { ASSERT((m_hWnd != NULL) || (m_bInPlaceSiteWndless && m_bInPlaceActive)); ..... This problem occours random (more times on faster machines and in release mode) and just on "init" time on my control. Probably my control does this operation in ...

Why is message text deleted in some replies?
Since starting using Outlook two days ago, and sending several messages and receiving replies, two of the replies to messages showed only my original message without the text of the reply. By phone I got one of the recipients to re-send several times while I (a) turned off the junk mail filter (b) turned off the firewall (c) turned off antivirus, all to no avail -- I still only see my original message and not their reply. "PhineasP" wrote: > Since starting using Outlook two days ago, and sending several messages and > receiving replies, two of the replies to messages ...

Would you stop for a moment?!
Excuse me!! Would you stop for a moment?! O...man...Haven't you thought-one day- about yourself ? Who has made it? Have you seen a design which hasn't a designer ?! Have you seen a wonderful,delicate work without a worker ?! It's you and the whole universe!.. Who has made them all ?!! You know who ?.. It's "ALLAH",prise be to him. Just think for a moment. How are you going to be after death ?! Can you believe that this exact system of the universe and all of these great creation will end in in nothing...just after death! Have you thought, for a second, How to save you...

Setting every text object in a detail line to bold.
I want to set all the text objects in the detail line to bold depending on a condition of one of those objects. For example, If txtExpired.Text <> "Current" Then txtExpired.FontBold = 1 : txtName.FontBold = 1 'etc. Else: txtExpired.FontBold = 0 : txtName.FontBold = 1 'etc. End If My question: Is there a syntax, of the form "For all objects in detail" that allows me to bold every text box in the detail line without setting each FontBold to 1 individually? If this is a Continuous form or datasheet, setting the properties like tha...

Stop
I have two items in my register, one a transfer to my bank and another a deposited item. I made one bank deposit for the combined amount. When it cleared, I matched it against the two items and all seemed fine. Problem is that every day Money shows the item again as an unmatched item and I have to delete it constantly. I realise this system isn't to well written, but is there any way to have this not show up. After all it was matched and accepted once. In microsoft.public.money, John Barnes wrote: >I have two items in my register, one a transfer to my bank and another a &g...