How do I insert Roman Numerals?

New to Word 2007 would someone please explain to me how to insert Roman
Numerlas in my document?

"ckj" <ckj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> New to Word 2007 would someone please explain to me how to insert Roman
> Numerlas in my document?

Just type them...
II
III
IV
VI
VII
VIII
IX
XI

etc etc.

3
Gordon
1/18/2010 2:20:36 PM
Type a number e.g. 21, select it and run the following macro

Dim oRng As Range
Set oRng = Selection.Range
oRng.Fields.Add oRng, 34, oRng.Text & " \*Roman", False
ActiveWindow.View.ShowFieldCodes = False

it will thus display XX1

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"ckj" <ckj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> New to Word 2007 would someone please explain to me how to insert Roman
> Numerlas in my document?

-1
Graham
1/18/2010 3:04:56 PM
"Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
> Type a number e.g. 21, select it and run the following macro
>
> Dim oRng As Range
> Set oRng = Selection.Range
> oRng.Fields.Add oRng, 34, oRng.Text & " \*Roman", False
> ActiveWindow.View.ShowFieldCodes = False
>
> it will thus display XX1

Isn't it just easier to type XXI ?

-1
Gordon
1/18/2010 3:18:14 PM
Yes, but not everyone is familiar with the use of roman numerals and some of
the larger numbers mayrequire a little thought from someone who does not use
Roman Numerals frequently. Is it quicker to use the macro to work out the
ROMAN equivalent of 1575 or to work out that it is MDLXXV then type that?

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
>> Type a number e.g. 21, select it and run the following macro
>>
>> Dim oRng As Range
>> Set oRng = Selection.Range
>> oRng.Fields.Add oRng, 34, oRng.Text & " \*Roman", False
>> ActiveWindow.View.ShowFieldCodes = False
>>
>> it will thus display XX1
>

> Isn't it just easier to type XXI ?

-1
Graham
1/18/2010 3:28:54 PM
> Yes, but not everyone is familiar with the use of roman numerals and some
> of the larger numbers mayrequire a little thought from someone who does
> not use Roman Numerals frequently. Is it quicker to use the macro to work
> out the ROMAN equivalent of 1575 or to work out that it is MDLXXV then
> type that?

<sigh> you're right - everyone should have a classical education.... :-(

0
Gordon
1/18/2010 4:11:36 PM
The good thing about trying to remember the correct Roman numeral is that
helps to keep the mind active. Relying on a macro doesn't really do that.
;-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
> Yes, but not everyone is familiar with the use of roman numerals and some
> of the larger numbers mayrequire a little thought from someone who does
> not use Roman Numerals frequently. Is it quicker to use the macro to work
> out the ROMAN equivalent of 1575 or to work out that it is MDLXXV then
> type that?
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Type a number e.g. 21, select it and run the following macro
>>>
>>> Dim oRng As Range
>>> Set oRng = Selection.Range
>>> oRng.Fields.Add oRng, 34, oRng.Text & " \*Roman", False
>>> ActiveWindow.View.ShowFieldCodes = False
>>>
>>> it will thus display XX1
>>

>> Isn't it just easier to type XXI ?

-1
JoAnn
1/18/2010 4:59:59 PM
But writing macros does.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message
> The good thing about trying to remember the correct Roman numeral is that
> helps to keep the mind active. Relying on a macro doesn't really do that.
> ;-)
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>

> "Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
>> Yes, but not everyone is familiar with the use of roman numerals and some
>> of the larger numbers mayrequire a little thought from someone who does
>> not use Roman Numerals frequently. Is it quicker to use the macro to work
>> out the ROMAN equivalent of 1575 or to work out that it is MDLXXV then
>> type that?
>>
>> --
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>>
>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>

>> "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message

>>> Isn't it just easier to type XXI ?

-1
Doug
1/18/2010 7:44:21 PM
But the point is that XX1 is never correct: it has to be XXI :)

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
> Yes, but not everyone is familiar with the use of roman numerals and some
> of the larger numbers mayrequire a little thought from someone who does
> not use Roman Numerals frequently. Is it quicker to use the macro to work
> out the ROMAN equivalent of 1575 or to work out that it is MDLXXV then
> type that?
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Type a number e.g. 21, select it and run the following macro
>>>
>>> Dim oRng As Range
>>> Set oRng = Selection.Range
>>> oRng.Fields.Add oRng, 34, oRng.Text & " \*Roman", False
>>> ActiveWindow.View.ShowFieldCodes = False
>>>
>>> it will thus display XX1
>>

>> Isn't it just easier to type XXI ?

0
Terry
1/18/2010 10:41:06 PM
If only Outlook Express supported the macros, we might not have such typos
:)

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Terry Farrell" <terryfarrell@msn.com> wrote in message
> But the point is that XX1 is never correct: it has to be XXI :)
>
> --
> Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP
>
> "Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
>> Yes, but not everyone is familiar with the use of roman numerals and some
>> of the larger numbers mayrequire a little thought from someone who does
>> not use Roman Numerals frequently. Is it quicker to use the macro to work
>> out the ROMAN equivalent of 1575 or to work out that it is MDLXXV then
>> type that?
>>
>> --
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>>
>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>

>> "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message

>>> Isn't it just easier to type XXI ?

0
Graham
1/19/2010 6:55:04 AM
:)

tf

> If only Outlook Express supported the macros, we might not have such typos
> :)
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

1
Terry
1/19/2010 9:37:12 AM
Yes, they do.  :-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" <dkr@REMOVECAPSmvps.org> wrote in message
> But writing macros does.
>
> --
> Hope this helps.

> services on a paid consulting basis.

> "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message
>> The good thing about trying to remember the correct Roman numeral is that
>> helps to keep the mind active. Relying on a macro doesn't really do that.
>> ;-)
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>>

>> "Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Yes, but not everyone is familiar with the use of roman numerals and
>>> some of the larger numbers mayrequire a little thought from someone who
>>> does not use Roman Numerals frequently. Is it quicker to use the macro
>>> to work out the ROMAN equivalent of 1575 or to work out that it is
>>> MDLXXV then type that?
>>>
>>> --
>>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>>>
>>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>>

>>> "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message

0
JoAnn

Insert trigger

Numerical Formatting in a Report
Hello, I am trying to whittle down some duplicate files on our server. One of the lines in the report provides a summary of a particular duplicated file. In the text box control, I have the following: ="There are " & [subCounter] & " additional copies of '" & [File_Name] & "' potentially using up to " & [footsum] & " MB of space." which works, but is ugly. The [footsum] entity is calculated by dividing the file size in bytes by 1024 and again by 1024 to yield MB. Is there a way to round the [footsum] calculation to ...

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

inserting hrs and minutes

Insert with a where condition

Insert

how to insert data in a table

insert downloads into power point

Insert dataset to another database

Insert a blank row

How do I insert a letter into an existing word document?
I am working on a large document that I need to add several letters that are on our letterhead. If I cut and paste the letter, the letterhead header becomes skewed. This is just one issue I'm having with the document! Also need to know how to merge 3 separate documents together once I insert the letters that I need! Help! What do you mean by "skewed"? To preserve the data from the header of the document, you will need to insert it into a Section of its own separated from the rest of the document by Next page Section breaks before and after it with the headers...

How do I insert backround into my picture inserts?
Could you please elaborate on your question, and give us details such as your version of Publisher. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "TAMOS" <TAMOS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1B3ABEC-F208-4A23-B695-9C0EEFBF649F@microsoft.com... > How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm How to Act Smart on Usenet http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered http:...

Inserting images into excel conditionally
I have a large product price list (1200 items) with one column for quantity. I would like excel to import the appropriate image for a product once the condition entered is that quantity is > 0. Is this possible? If so then please help. Thanks Pav One way http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html can be adapted to your situation -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Pav" <Pav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37DC7373-14E6-4F11-9136-71DC3AD93CC2@microsoft.com... > I have a large product price list (1200 items) with one column for quantity. > I would l...

How do I insert a reference to lookup and insert a name
How do I insert a reference code in one column which will then look up a reference table and then insert the name in the next column. eg if I type the letter b in column 1 then the word 'bank' will appear in column 2. If I type the letter i in column 1 then the word 'insurance' will appear in column 2 etc etc look at VLOOKUP in Help. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Jan K" <Jan K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6CDAC92-DB48-49A7-803F-BF494F5221AB@microsoft.com... > How do I insert a reference code in one column which will then look up a > r...

Insert eps image into Publisher 2003
Client created eps images in Illustrator. Said they have TIFF preview available. When the images are inserted into Publisher, they only appear as blank box. Rendered the document as a PDF and we can see the image but she needs to see the image in Publisher in order to modify, resize, etc. When inserting it, we get the converter window, but she needs it to stay in eps format in Publisher. Are there any settings in Publisher to change to allow the eps image to display in the Publisher document? -- maryj Are you using a post script printer? Pieces of an EPS graphic may appear to be missi...

Triggers after Insert
Hi, I'm having a temporary table in SQL Server 2005, which receives the data from external Orace DB. The data from Oracle DB inserts the data once in a month time. How to create a trigger which calls the storedprocedures, after all the data is get inserted to the temporary table, not for each row insertion. On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 04:01:21 GMT, "Visha" <u60840@uwe> wrote: >Hi, > I'm having a temporary table in SQL Server 2005, which receives the data >from external Orace DB. The data from Oracle DB inserts the data once in a >month time. >...

inserting a text into xml file
Hi friends, I am new to csharp and XML : fp=File.OpenText(server.mappath(".\\upload\\")+"test.txt"); string info=fp.readtoend(); string[] arinfo =new string[4]; char splitter = {'|','^'}; arinfo =info.split(splitter); for(int x=0;x<arinfo.length;x++) { response.write(arinfo[x]+"<br>"); a=arinfo[x]; xmltextwriter xwriter=new xmltextwriter("C:/XML/Data.xml",system.text.encoding.UTF8); xwriter.writestartdocument(true); xwriter.writestartelement("login"); xwriter.writeelementstring("usernam...

TAble Insert
I have a person table that has id, firstname, lastname, address, city, state, zip. I have set all fields except id to have required = no and allow zero length = yes. But when I try the following query it will not insert the record because the firstname is not filled out. Any ideas? INSERT INTO person ( id, lastname, firstname, address, city, state, zip ) VALUES (1783, 'Hacienda La Daniela', '', '5310 SW 192 Avenue', 'Sw Ranches', 'Fl', '33331'); Try inserting Null instead of a zero-length string: INSERT INTO ... VALUES (1783, 'Hacienda...

ms publisher 2003 inserting graphic from the web
Have insall at work ms publisher and office 2000, now upgraded to 2003, in pub 2000 used to select insert graphic and options for access from web brought you to ms gallery page. In 2003, no dropdown menu shows the internet option. Have I lost my mind? or is it specific to the install on our mainframe. HELP. Need my graphics -- bruceL If you're talking about clipart, just search for whatever and it will automatically search the MS website. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Bruce" <Bruce@d...

Windows Explorer can't delet long numerical files.
I have three directories in the root directory named 28e35e43bc9fba4052 564c1198e199c4fdd6f513f8b1a5b5 100145b6a635779a14 How do I delete them.? All are 10mb, with update and support sub directories. I can't delete them, not even in safe mode. -- Ride safe Barry <���> On Mon, 10 May 2010 13:13:47 -0400, "limeybiker" <abbl(nospam)@att.net> wrote: > >I have three directories in the root directory named > >28e35e43bc9fba4052 >564c1198e199c4fdd6f513f8b1a5b5 >100145b6a635779a14 > >How do I delete them....

Inserting notes
Can someone tell me how to make bulk insert of notes related to accounts in database? Thanks, M You can use the Data Migration Framework facility within the CRM product or get a third party software like Scribe. Scribe works like a middleware and will allow you to connect it to sources like your website for a steady stream of information flowing through your organization. But is it possible to use Data Migration Framework to insert notes? I read DMF is intended only for initial data to migrate. If I run DMF on existing data, will it corrupt any of the existing data? Thanks, M "m...