change default measurement units in word 2007 to U.S.

  • Follow

I'm trying to change the default measurement in my word 2007 from metric to
imperial.  In the old word you used to be able to select tools options...I
cannot find it in the new word. How do I do it?
0
Reply Utf 11/29/2009 1:49:01 PM

The setting in Word 2007 is at Office Button | Word Options | Advanced:
Display.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"themountie1968" <themountie1968@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to change the default measurement in my word 2007 from metric
> imperial.  In the old word you used to be able to select tools options...I
> cannot find it in the new word. How do I do it?

1
Reply Suzanne 11/29/2009 2:02:10 PM

themountie1968 wrote:
> I'm trying to change the default measurement in my word 2007 from
> metric to imperial.  In the old word you used to be able to select
> tools options...I cannot find it in the new word. How do I do it?

Click the Office (pizza) button
Word Options > Advanced > Display > Show measurements in units of ....

or if that doesn't fix it, see
http://www.gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm

--
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP