change default measurement units in word 2007 to U.S.

I'm trying to change the default measurement in my word 2007 from metric to
imperial.  In the old word you used to be able to select tools options...I
cannot find it in the new word. How do I do it?

The setting in Word 2007 is at Office Button | Word Options | Advanced:
Display.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"themountie1968" <themountie1968@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to change the default measurement in my word 2007 from metric
> imperial.  In the old word you used to be able to select tools options...I
> cannot find it in the new word. How do I do it?

1
Suzanne
11/29/2009 2:02:10 PM
themountie1968 wrote:
> I'm trying to change the default measurement in my word 2007 from
> metric to imperial.  In the old word you used to be able to select
> tools options...I cannot find it in the new word. How do I do it?

Click the Office (pizza) button
Word Options > Advanced > Display > Show measurements in units of ....

or if that doesn't fix it, see
http://www.gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

0
Graham

External data link change

getpivotdata in excel 2007
=+GETPIVOTDATA(pivot1,$A$3 & " " &B$2 & " " &A5) I'm trying to return pivot table data to another sheet. The range of the pivot table is called "pivot1" and the reference cells represent (name of doc), (date), (procedure type). I get a REF# I have spent hours already and need a solution fast. Please Fern wrote: > =+GETPIVOTDATA(pivot1,$A$3 & " " &B$2 & " " &A5) > > I'm trying to return pivot table data to another sheet. The range of the > pivot table is called "pivot1" and...

Default Company at Login
What determines the default company that is displayed to the user at login? Is it simply alphabetical or is there somewhere to set as the default? i.e if we have 3 companies ABC-Company, 123_Company and All Other Company, Inc., can All Other Company, Inc. be forced as the default presented to the user? Thanks ------=_NextPart_0001_70567BB1 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit If there is only 1 company in the list, the list will default to that company. If there is more than 1 company, nothing will default. You could do this trivially with Dexterity if you are o...

Why does the change change to a number?

delete busines units
Can somebody help me? I know that i can't delete business units.Now, I need to know what else can not be deleted? you can't delete users either. "V" <V@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:750F35FC-5C34-410D-AEF0-07F204CA37C3@microsoft.com... > Can somebody help me? I know that i can't delete business units.Now, > I need to know what else can not be deleted? ...

Track Changes

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Money 2007 and investments
I recently changed to Money 2007 Deluxe. I have some investments at a certain company. There are three different accounts with this company. When trying to set this up, I entered one under the "new investments" tab and used the drop-down list in Money to select the company name. Later, I changed the account's name to "XXX investment at "YYY" company (I intended to do the same with the other two accounts). No problem there. However, when I tried to enter the second account from this same company, I got a dialog box stating that I already had an investme...

Stop sheet showing when Using Datapig's Force Users to enable macr
Hi, I think this is probably not do-able I'm using Datapig Technologies example to force users to enable macros When the workbook is closed all sheets other than a warning sheet are very hidden so that if the workbook is opened with macros disabled then the user can only see a warning sheet saying to close and open with macros enabled. Then on opening with macros enabled the waring sheet is very hidden and the other sheets can be seen. Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) Application.ScreenUpdating = False Sheets("Warning").Visible = True Sh...

more on VBA function name change

How to change icon for my application

OWA as default web page
I have a front end server I'm using for OWA. I would like to configure IIS to default to the login prompt when the user hits the web server, without having to type "/exchange". For example: https://webserver.domain instead of https://webserver.domain/exchange Is there a way to configure this? Thanks The article below describes how to redirect the Default Web page to point to the Exchange virtual directory. 319878 XWEB: How to Make Outlook Web Access the Default Web Site http://support.microsoft.com/?id=319878 >-----Original Message----- >I have a front end server...

How to change newsgroup message font

How do I replace the last entire word in text cells?
I understand the REPLACE command but it seems restricted to characters or bytes. I this case, I want to replace the last word in all cells but the word is always different (ie. varying number of characters). Thanks in advance! Array entered (CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER), this will work: =LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-MATCH(" ",MID(A1,LEN(A1)-ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&LEN(A1)))+1,1),0)) Change the reference to A1 to which ever cell you want. -- Regards, Dave "George" wrote: > I understand the REPLACE command but it seems restricted to characters or > bytes. I this case, I wan...

Cannot open file after installing Office 2007 Service Pack 2
I cannot open the publisher files after I installed Office 2007 Service Pack 2. Does anybody know what to do? Luckily one of our PCs has not yet the SP2. this way I can at least work. Thanks for help Stefan Are you getting an error? You may have to do a registry fix: Error message when you try to open a publication in Publisher: "Publisher cannot open the file" or "Publisher has detected a problem http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928890/en-us Do you have Norton? How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us ...

Change a formula to an acual number

Running Excel 2000 & 2007 Bug
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01CA53A0.C4136A80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am able to run 2000 and 2007 on the same machine ok except for the = following The File Type associations are messed up. I have a bunch of files that = were created in 2000 and they have the *.xls extension. I want these = files(when double clicked) to open in Excel 2000. However, Excel 2007 = is dominating this action. I have tried changing the association for the *.xls file type to version = 200...

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Empty Custom Dynamic Dist. Group
Hi all, We are currently trying to finalize our Exchange 2007 deployment but have hit a few problems we can't figure out. The main problem is empty dynamic distribution groups (setup to use a custom filter) I run the following PS command; set-dynamicdistributiongroup -Identity 'AllStaff' -RecipientFilter {(Description -eq 'Staff User' -or Description -eq 'System Administrators')} The command completes without errors but there are no users in this distribution group when I view its members in OWA.. I have copied the msExchDynamicDLFilter property to ADUC Saved...

Appendices Struggles in Word 2007
I'm using Word 2007. I'm using the built-in Heading styles to create sections and subsections for display in the TOC. Each section starts with "# Title." For example, the third section displays as "3 Message Formats." The last two sections are Appendices. I don't want them to display as "10 Appendix" and "11 Appendix," just "Appendix A" and "Appendix B." I can do this for the first headings, but I can't get the subsections (2-4 levels below this first headings) to work. I've read through Shau...

Should I change this code?

some replies come from default account
Some email replies from me come from the address to which the email was sent and others come from my default address. For example if I reply to a message that came to kozmo@thisaddress.com, the reply comes from kozmo@defaultaddress.com. I can change it manually for each reply but that's a pain and if I forget to it's a problem. Not all messages behave this way. Some come from the correct "reply from" address. I can't figure out what the difference is for those that come from the correct address. I'm using OL2000 on XP, Internet Mail Only. Any ideas what'...