Change background colour in Word 2007

When I open Word 2007 and Excel 2007, the toolbars and background are blue.

I find the blue quite pale and difficult to see at times; can it be changed
at all?

0
janey

Word Options > Popular > Colour Schemes. There are three to choose from.
Excel has a similar setting.
--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"janey" <janey@newsgroup.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I open Word 2007 and Excel 2007, the toolbars and background are
> blue.
>
> I find the blue quite pale and difficult to see at times; can it be
> changed at all?

0
Graham
2/8/2010 9:58:25 AM
Word Options>General tab and change the colour scheme. I like Silver which
makes the Ribbon look exceedingly plain and easy on the eye.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"janey" <janey@newsgroup.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I open Word 2007 and Excel 2007, the toolbars and background are
> blue.
>
> I find the blue quite pale and difficult to see at times; can it be
> changed at all?

0
Terry
2/8/2010 10:06:19 AM
Thank you.

"Terry Farrell" <terryfarrell@msn.com> wrote in message
> Word Options>General tab and change the colour scheme. I like Silver which
> makes the Ribbon look exceedingly plain and easy on the eye.
>
> --
> Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP
>
> "janey" <janey@newsgroup.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> When I open Word 2007 and Excel 2007, the toolbars and background are
>> blue.
>>
>> I find the blue quite pale and difficult to see at times; can it be
>> changed at all?

0
janey

External data link change

getpivotdata in excel 2007
=+GETPIVOTDATA(pivot1,$A$3 & " " &B$2 & " " &A5) I'm trying to return pivot table data to another sheet. The range of the pivot table is called "pivot1" and the reference cells represent (name of doc), (date), (procedure type). I get a REF# I have spent hours already and need a solution fast. Please Fern wrote: > =+GETPIVOTDATA(pivot1,$A$3 & " " &B$2 & " " &A5) > > I'm trying to return pivot table data to another sheet. The range of the > pivot table is called "pivot1" and...

Why does the change change to a number?

Track Changes

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Money 2007 and investments
I recently changed to Money 2007 Deluxe. I have some investments at a certain company. There are three different accounts with this company. When trying to set this up, I entered one under the "new investments" tab and used the drop-down list in Money to select the company name. Later, I changed the account's name to "XXX investment at "YYY" company (I intended to do the same with the other two accounts). No problem there. However, when I tried to enter the second account from this same company, I got a dialog box stating that I already had an investme...

more on VBA function name change

How to change icon for my application

How to change newsgroup message font

How do I replace the last entire word in text cells?
I understand the REPLACE command but it seems restricted to characters or bytes. I this case, I want to replace the last word in all cells but the word is always different (ie. varying number of characters). Thanks in advance! Array entered (CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER), this will work: =LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-MATCH(" ",MID(A1,LEN(A1)-ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&LEN(A1)))+1,1),0)) Change the reference to A1 to which ever cell you want. -- Regards, Dave "George" wrote: > I understand the REPLACE command but it seems restricted to characters or > bytes. I this case, I wan...

Cannot open file after installing Office 2007 Service Pack 2
I cannot open the publisher files after I installed Office 2007 Service Pack 2. Does anybody know what to do? Luckily one of our PCs has not yet the SP2. this way I can at least work. Thanks for help Stefan Are you getting an error? You may have to do a registry fix: Error message when you try to open a publication in Publisher: "Publisher cannot open the file" or "Publisher has detected a problem http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928890/en-us Do you have Norton? How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us ...

Change a formula to an acual number

Running Excel 2000 & 2007 Bug
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01CA53A0.C4136A80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am able to run 2000 and 2007 on the same machine ok except for the = following The File Type associations are messed up. I have a bunch of files that = were created in 2000 and they have the *.xls extension. I want these = files(when double clicked) to open in Excel 2000. However, Excel 2007 = is dominating this action. I have tried changing the association for the *.xls file type to version = 200...

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Empty Custom Dynamic Dist. Group
Hi all, We are currently trying to finalize our Exchange 2007 deployment but have hit a few problems we can't figure out. The main problem is empty dynamic distribution groups (setup to use a custom filter) I run the following PS command; set-dynamicdistributiongroup -Identity 'AllStaff' -RecipientFilter {(Description -eq 'Staff User' -or Description -eq 'System Administrators')} The command completes without errors but there are no users in this distribution group when I view its members in OWA.. I have copied the msExchDynamicDLFilter property to ADUC Saved...

Appendices Struggles in Word 2007
I'm using Word 2007. I'm using the built-in Heading styles to create sections and subsections for display in the TOC. Each section starts with "# Title." For example, the third section displays as "3 Message Formats." The last two sections are Appendices. I don't want them to display as "10 Appendix" and "11 Appendix," just "Appendix A" and "Appendix B." I can do this for the first headings, but I can't get the subsections (2-4 levels below this first headings) to work. I've read through Shau...

Should I change this code?

Outlook and Word 2003 editing and error problem
This is a problem happened on a company PC that IT controls the updates (security, anti-virus) in the night. One day morning, I started having the problems below. I didn't install anything before, but was sure something was installed by company IT that early morning. I turned off the PC and it was on the next day. problems: 1. I can't use mouse to move the cursor to a specific location in the editing window, but I can on the header (to:, subject). I have to use arrow keys to navigate when editing. 2. I can't launch Word whenever Outlook is open. Once Outlook is quit, Wo...

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

BUG?!: PP 2007 does display all "Paste as link" charts of Excel 20
I discovered a bug in Excel / PP 2007 which I can easily reproduce. I have a simple "test" files if somebody wants to take a look. The basic outline is like this. 1) I create some graphs in Excel with considerable distance, so that they are not both visible on the screen simontainously. 2) I copy (by selecting a range containing the graphs), then paste-link (as dynamic graphics) the two chars into PP, each in its separate slide. 3) Now, If I rightclick and choose "update", the one which is not visible in Excel will not be shown! To me, it seems like Excel saves...

icon changes with change of extension

Field Type Change