Can I restore a file that I have accidentally saved over?

Hi there,

I was typing up a document and wanted to check how many words i had typed.
Clicked the wrong button by mistake and auto selected the whole document.

What made it worse was that my brother was next to me being a pain and saved
the document, when I came back he panicked as it was all gone so he rebooted
the computer.

I have tried using windows restore to turn back time but the document
remains as what my brother saved it as, "Z".

What can i do? i need it back to normal asap
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ME!!!!!

Was the document saved previously with a different name? That last saved
version of that original file should still be available - unless you have
saved that one too with no content. Undo only works when the document has
not been closed. If you have saved blank documents and have no backups of
the original content, then you will have to start again.

System Restore does not restore user data.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

Jcyshin wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I was typing up a document and wanted to check how many words i had
> typed. Clicked the wrong button by mistake and auto selected the
> whole document.
>
> What made it worse was that my brother was next to me being a pain
> and saved the document, when I came back he panicked as it was all
> gone so he rebooted the computer.
>
> I have tried using windows restore to turn back time but the document
> remains as what my brother saved it as, "Z".
>
> What can i do? i need it back to normal asap
> HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ME!!!!!

0
Graham

concatenate files...
Back in DOS days I could concatenate text files without using a third party tool. Can I do this with XP, Vista, or W7? TIA, Paul "Paul H" <NoSpamphobergNoSpam@att.net> wrote: >Back in DOS days I could concatenate text files without using a third party >tool. Can I do this with XP, Vista, or W7? TIA, Paul Yes, the same way you did before: copy file1.txt + file2.txt fileboth.txt Type copy /? at a command prompt to find out all about the copy command. -- Tim Slattery Slattery_T@bls.gov http://members.cox.net/slatteryt Paul H wrote: ...

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Can't send/receive

Can not Customize Leads View

Bulk attachments

Publisher file won't open #2
I worked for three hours then Publsher crashed. I had saved my file, but when I trie to open it it says problem with file, do you want to report it, and then reboots Publisher. How can I save my work? Using Publisher 2003. You may send the file to me. If I can open it I'll save it for you. If it crashes my system, you may be SOL. (Surely out of luck.) If you want to accept my offer, send it to jl dot paules at gmail at com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Don Smith" <dhsmith@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:r4ns615gkmkm12q5or5nd0k70gac5stjbc@4ax....

backtick saving bug
Description: Internet Explorer 8 Save To Disk damages documents with backticks in attribute values. Steps to reproduce: 1. Create a HTML document containing the code <INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT VALUE="`" DISABLED > 2. Open the document in Microsoft Internet Explorer. 3. Tell Microsoft Internet Explorer to save the document to disk as bare HTML using ISO encoding. 4. Open the saved document in Microsoft Internet Explorer. Expected result: 4. The saved page should display the same content as the original page. Actual result: 4. The saved page displays...

Can't delete email #2

Problem at "Save as"
Hi, I'm having a problem at excel that i don't have on other computers: when i click save as, i would like, as usual, that on the file name window, apeared only the current file name, and not "copy from "filename"". Can you help me, removing this annoying feature? Thanks Cako It probably says "Copy of" and that would be because the file you're trying to save was opened "read only". (You would see that in the title bar). You'll have to figure out why that was but it might be that the file has its "read only" file attrib...

Can Not Reply To Emails

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

How do i convert excel to csv in command line? ( not save as)
I am trying to automate a system which needs the files in csv format. Is there any way to convert excel to csv in command line, instead of the usual 'save as'? PS: If you know any UNIX utilities too, please mention. F1, No way I can think of from the command line. You could write an Excel macro that controls the whole process. Open a file, save as csv, close, next file, loop. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "F1" <F1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B67ACCB6-CC54-4B5E-...

Writing Text File with code UTF-8
Hello Does somebody know how to write a Text File with code UTF-8 from Dexterity? I know that are 3 functions to write text files: TextFile_Writeline() TextFile_WriteDOS() TextFile_WriteText() But there is not therein a parameter to achieve text file be written with code UTF-8. I=92ll appreciate your guide. Best regards. ------=_NextPart_0001_A41C49B3 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Dexterity does not support double byte or unicode. You might need to use COM or win32 dll calls to get the OS to write the file for you. The difference between WriteLine and WriteDOS i...

Can not archive

Can you convert picture into Visio?
Is there a way to convert picture into Visio format? If so, how? It would depend on what format the picture was in. For most cases, this is not an easy task. John... Visio MVP "tbae" wrote: > Is there a way to convert picture into Visio format? If so, how? ...