Can I restore a file that I have accidentally saved over?

  • Follow

Hi there,

I was typing up a document and wanted to check how many words i had typed.
Clicked the wrong button by mistake and auto selected the whole document.

What made it worse was that my brother was next to me being a pain and saved
the document, when I came back he panicked as it was all gone so he rebooted
the computer.

I have tried using windows restore to turn back time but the document
remains as what my brother saved it as, "Z".

What can i do? i need it back to normal asap
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ME!!!!!
0
Reply Utf 11/13/2009 10:19:02 AM

Was the document saved previously with a different name? That last saved
version of that original file should still be available - unless you have
saved that one too with no content. Undo only works when the document has
not been closed. If you have saved blank documents and have no backups of
the original content, then you will have to start again.

System Restore does not restore user data.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

Jcyshin wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I was typing up a document and wanted to check how many words i had
> typed. Clicked the wrong button by mistake and auto selected the
> whole document.
>
> What made it worse was that my brother was next to me being a pain
> and saved the document, when I came back he panicked as it was all
> gone so he rebooted the computer.
>
> I have tried using windows restore to turn back time but the document
> remains as what my brother saved it as, "Z".
>
> What can i do? i need it back to normal asap

0
Reply Graham 11/13/2009 11:57:06 AM

(page loaded in 0.046 seconds)

Reply: