Word 2007: how to save to original folder?

  • Follow

How do I force Word 2007 to default to saving files to the folder containing
the file I opened? Clearing the "default folder" in the options doesn't do it
(at least not with "Save As" when the target is a thumb drive).
0
Reply Utf 1/30/2010 7:13:01 PM

We generally strongly recommend against saving to (or opening from) any type
of removable drive or media. Much safer to save/copy to the HD and then
copy/open from there.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"MacAndrewSC" <MacAndrewSC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I force Word 2007 to default to saving files to the folder
> containing
> the file I opened? Clearing the "default folder" in the options doesn't do
> it
> (at least not with "Save As" when the target is a thumb drive).

0
Reply Suzanne 1/30/2010 7:38:12 PM

You should never save to removable media - see
http://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htm for a workaround.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"MacAndrewSC" <MacAndrewSC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I force Word 2007 to default to saving files to the folder
> containing
> the file I opened? Clearing the "default folder" in the options doesn't do
> it
> (at least not with "Save As" when the target is a thumb drive).

0
Reply Graham 1/31/2010 6:27:57 AM

(page loaded in 0.069 seconds)

Reply: