Word 2007 crashes when I save document ("Not Responding")

  • Follow

I am running Word 2007 on Vista. I can open Word documents and edit them. But
when I try to save, I get "not responding". I can open Excel files, which I
can then save. Just not Word. Word had been running fine for the past year or
so that I had the computer.

I have read past posts that seemed that they might be related, but didn't
find answers that worked.

I can't locate installation disks, so am feeling kind of desperate.

--
Thanks!
0

Start with http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingWord.htm or
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541. If that doesn't fix it you will need
to find the Office installation disc.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Needs_help" <Needshelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am running Word 2007 on Vista. I can open Word documents and edit them.
>But
> when I try to save, I get "not responding". I can open Excel files, which
> can then save. Just not Word. Word had been running fine for the past year
> or
> so that I had the computer.
>
> I have read past posts that seemed that they might be related, but didn't
> find answers that worked.
>
> I can't locate installation disks, so am feeling kind of desperate.
>

> --
> Thanks!

0
Reply Graham 2/19/2010 6:59:26 AM

I had this problem with Word 2007 in Windows XP.  Try disabling any Adobe PDF Converter Add-Ins in Word Options.  This cleared up the problem in my case.  Check your Add-ins for any such converters.

Needs_help wrote:

Word 2007 crashes when I save document ("Not Responding")
19-Feb-10

I am running Word 2007 on Vista. I can open Word documents and edit them. But
when I try to save, I get "not responding". I can open Excel files, which I
can then save. Just not Word. Word had been running fine for the past year or
so that I had the computer.

I have read past posts that seemed that they might be related, but did not
find answers that worked.

I cannot locate installation disks, so am feeling kind of desperate.

--
Thanks!

Generic Feed Parsers Redux
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/42a9b6e2-809e-4ca7-b3f6-acd41f462063/generic-feed-parsers-redu.aspx