Word 2007 crashes when I save document ("Not Responding")

I am running Word 2007 on Vista. I can open Word documents and edit them. But
when I try to save, I get "not responding". I can open Excel files, which I
can then save. Just not Word. Word had been running fine for the past year or
so that I had the computer.

I have read past posts that seemed that they might be related, but didn't
find answers that worked.

I can't locate installation disks, so am feeling kind of desperate.

--
Thanks!

Start with http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingWord.htm or
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541. If that doesn't fix it you will need
to find the Office installation disc.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Needs_help" <Needshelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am running Word 2007 on Vista. I can open Word documents and edit them.
>But
> when I try to save, I get "not responding". I can open Excel files, which
> can then save. Just not Word. Word had been running fine for the past year
> or
> so that I had the computer.
>
> I have read past posts that seemed that they might be related, but didn't
> find answers that worked.
>
> I can't locate installation disks, so am feeling kind of desperate.
>

> --
> Thanks!

0
Graham
2/19/2010 6:59:26 AM
I had this problem with Word 2007 in Windows XP.  Try disabling any Adobe PDF Converter Add-Ins in Word Options.  This cleared up the problem in my case.  Check your Add-ins for any such converters.

Needs_help wrote:

Word 2007 crashes when I save document ("Not Responding")
19-Feb-10

I am running Word 2007 on Vista. I can open Word documents and edit them. But
when I try to save, I get "not responding". I can open Excel files, which I
can then save. Just not Word. Word had been running fine for the past year or
so that I had the computer.

I have read past posts that seemed that they might be related, but did not
find answers that worked.

I cannot locate installation disks, so am feeling kind of desperate.

--
Thanks!

Generic Feed Parsers Redux
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/42a9b6e2-809e-4ca7-b3f6-acd41f462063/generic-feed-parsers-redu.aspx
0
William

Microsoft outlook (not responding) #2
Hi = can anyone help. I can't get in to Microsoft Office Outlook. It opens but 'freezes' after about two second so I can't download messages or open any existing messages? Thanks when that happens to me I bring up task manager (ctl-alt- del) and almost always find that a second Outlook is still running. You won;t see it under applications, but you will see it under processes. you must end the process tree for the one that is still running. I don;t know why this happens. >-----Original Message----- >Hi = can anyone help. I can't get in to Microsoft Office &g...

excel freezes and goes into a "not responding" state after opening file
When I open an excel file that is located on the file server it will freeze excel and "Not Responding" will show up on the title bar. (Note this only happens with files saved on the file server) Then after about 10 minutes the program will operate normally. I am running a brand new core 2 duo maxed out with memory and the excel sheet is very simple with only basic calculations. There are no hangups in the network between my pc and the server that i can see, and nobody else has the same problem at their workstation. The sheet is not in use by anyone else and the load on the server i...

Money 2007 balancing = 100% CPU and not responding
When I balance my money 2007 checking account on Vista get differnece to $0 and hit next my PC goes to 100% CPU and money stops responding. Tried restoring last 4 backups - same Tried fixing the file, both 1 and 2 level - same Tried uninstalling, and reinstalling money - same It is like it cant update the transactions with the "R" I dont know if this was the cause but I was updateing online accounts and at the same time I balanced the account. Is there no offical MS support? Any help? In microsoft.public.money, Michael wrote: >When I balance my money 2007 checking account on ...

Many programs not responding
Hey all, recently my old charger broke, so i replaced it, with a old charger, made by a different company, over the last couple of weeks, the laptop has been running out of battery and shutting down alot, causing a bit of weirdness. after a while it happened. for a while it wasn't running properly, now i have turned it on. it said some crap which i failed to read before start up. now programs like windows live messenger, itunes, bearshare, all come up with this program has stopped working. i uninstalled itunes and the same thing happened, quicktime doesn't work, no program d...

outlook xp not responding
Hi, problem : sometimes when i start outlook, you get the screen and you can't do anything, sometimes when a write a mail, it stop and doesn't respond any longer, sometimes when i want to open mails, same situation. i guess it has something to do with the security in level1remove. does this ring a bel for anyone ?? greets, c yes it does, Click File, Options, Other, and uncheck the option to load the messenger. "christophe" <christophe.roos@pandora.be> wrote in message news:03ca01c35545$86d423e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > problem : sometimes when i...

How do I recover Word when not responding every time it is open?
Whenever I try to open word, it gets stuck trying to recover an old document and then doesn't respond. I've tried restarting and shutting down my computer to no avail. I basically cannot use word right now. Any suggestions on how "re-boot" word? I have Word 2007. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingWord.htm -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "mrshah80" <mrshah80@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D3FB08D-40B5-4E3A-9710-5C89655CFCF9@microsoft.com... > Whenever I try to open word, it gets stuck trying to rec...

Word 2010 Beta not responding
I recently bought a Sony Vaio computer with Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium edition. I found Office 2010 Professional online and downloaded the beta version for free until the real one comes out later this year. All of the office suites (Excel, PowerPoint, etc) all work, but when I open up Word, within seconds it freezes up and no matter where I click (even to close it) I get the not responding message and have to close it with task manager. I use Word more than any other application/program on my computer and I love the new Office 2010 and don't want 2007. Does anyone know...

Not Responding
When I try to open I receive the following message, "Microsoft Excel (Not Responding) This flashes only for a couple of seconds and then goes away. Have similar issue when opening Outlook. Are you accessing resources on a slow network perhaps? Snowcap wrote: > When I try to open I receive the following message, "Microsoft Excel (Not > Responding) This flashes only for a couple of seconds and then goes away. > Have similar issue when opening Outlook. Thanks for responding Bob. No, this is happening on my home laptop. Using Vista Ultimate on an HP Pavilion DV6000....

Word 2007 is not responding
I can open microsoft word but once I take my curser to anything it 'says not responding'. I cannot maximize the document; it will not let me open exisiting documents - basically I cannot do anything (but open it). Everything else in my mircosoft suite is working fine - just not word. I have already tried to do a system refresh (or what ever it is called) and still it is not working. I am starting to loose my mind and would really like to be able to use Word - as I am a grad student who really needs to be able to write in word. Sincerely, Very desparate Microsoft Wo...

word not responding
whilst doing a spell check, word has stopped responding. how can I get it to respond again without forcing quit and losing my work? If Word has crashed, then you probably can't. If you have the autosave recovery information preset, then Word should recover your work to the last saved point when you re-start. Otherwise you can open the last saved version of the document. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site ht...

Server Error
My server fails to respond nearly every morning around 5 am. From the event viewer I get the following errors: Event ID 1031: One of the System Attendant's task is blocked. Function: COffLineABScanTask::Work Event ID 13568: The File Replication Service has detected that the replica set "DOMAIN SYSTEM VOLUME (SYSVOL SHARE)" is in JRNL_WRAP_ERROR. Replica set name is: "DOMAIN SYSTEM VOLUME (SYSVOL SHARE)" Replica root path is : "c:\windows\sysvol\domain" Replica root volume is : "\\.\C:" A Replica set hits JRNL_WRAP_ERROR when the record that it is ...

Word 2002 is not responding when i try forward message.
Hello. If I'am use Word as email editor and try forward message, Word is loaded, I'am try write some word, after Word is not respond. I'am uncheck Word as email editor and forward work fine. Any idea? Thank you. ...

Outlook 2000 not responding
I am trying to open my Outlook 2000. It begins to open but then locks up at the initial stages and I have to press Control, ALt and Delete and notice that it is using 96-99% of my CPU. It will not open. What can I do to open? Help? ...

I keep getting the error message 'not responding' with Outlook?
I keep getting the error message 'not responding' with Outlook? So ultimately it takes a long time to load then the message disappears. Does any one know what this means? Have I got a bug somewhere that I need to get rid of? Shazza wrote on Fri, 12 March 2010 07:33 > I keep getting the error message 'not responding' with Outlook? So > ultimately it takes a long time to load then the message disappears. Does > any one know what this means? Have I got a bug somewhere that I need to get > rid of? 1- try to check your ad-dons may be one of th...

Advanced Find Columns Not Responding
Hi: I added columns to an Advanced Find and when I click on them to sort they are not responding. Other columns that were there before adding new ones work fine. The only change has been an installation of the CRM Rollup 3 and Windows updates. Ideas why this is not working? Thank you. There is something else to consider. I tested this column in other Advanced Find views and it works fine. In this particular view, when selecting Edit Columns>> Add Columns, I did select a different record type when selecting the column. "CC" wrote: > Hi: > I added columns to a...

Access Not Responding
I have an access database, that is running of a mysql server When i click on button it can take a fair bit of time to respond and the mouse can frezze. it also says 'Not Responding' At first i thought it could be internet speed but i have just tested on a new server with very hight query buffers and not running any thing else The query do load fast once Access starts responding again Abny idea what could be causeing it Are you trying to do this across a "wide area network" (e.g., the internet)? There are some issues with Access' performance on WANs. ...

Program Not Responding on Shut Down
I have exited Outlook 2002. When I then shut down Windows XP, I get a message that says Outlook is still running and to wait while Outlook closes. Then a get a second message that dasy "program is not responding, end now." How do I solve this. Close Outlook before shutting down Windows. alyon wrote: > I have exited Outlook 2002. When I then shut down > Windows XP, I get a message that says Outlook is still > running and to wait while Outlook closes. Then a get a > second message that dasy "program is not responding, end > now." > > How do...

Outlook Not Responding #2
I have installed the 30 trial version of SpamKiller from MacAfee. Having done that, Outlook opens...but doesn't respond. I have uninstalled SpamKiller...still not able to run Outlook. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2000 twice....to no avail. Obviously something is corrupted somewhere. Can anyone help? You may have a corrupted outcmd.dat file. This is the file that stores your toolbar customizations, and when it becomes corrupted (as it often does), Outlook can't use it at startup to build your toolbars, thus causing the hangups. Try renaming or deleting your outcmd...

Microsoft Outlook (Not Responding)
When I bring up Outlook and click on ANYTHING (or so it seems) I get an hour glass and the "Microsoft Office (Not Responding)" message at the very top. This seems to be a show stopper - I cant do any Outlook operation. Any ideas on fixing this problem. Thanks, Morgan Bearden Rolla, Missouri Can you open Outlook in safe mode? Try starting Outlook once with the /Safe switch. If you need help using Outlook command line switches, look here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296192 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address...

mailroot vsi 1 directory not responding
I can browse to the c:\program files\exchsrvr\mailroot but once I click on "vsi 1" my explorer quit responding. What prompted me to check was my exchange HD was running out of disk space and I believe the bad mail location is building up and was never deleted. Any help is much appreciated! Did you try from a command line? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "chris" <chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23626045-BE0D-4425-B55E-DCA017AA5B03@microsoft.com... >I can browse to the c:\prog...

Excel 'Not Responding'
We migrated to Office 2007 6 months ago and all of a sudden I have a user that when ever she opens a certain document, previously created in Office 2003, she makes a change to a cell and Excel hangs. I've found tons of information surrounding this exact problem on the internet but nobody has comeup with a fix. Event Viewer: EventID: 5000 - EventType officelifeboathang, P1 excel.exe, P2 12.0.6331.5000, P3 oart.dll, P4 12.0.6214.1000, P5 NIL, P6 NIL, P7 NIL, P8 NIL, P9 NIL, P10 NIL. Has anyone found the fix for this problem? And that shouldn't include recreating every failed doc...

Word keeps locking up (Not Responding)
Some of the time when opening Word or while working in Word, the program locks up and at the top of the page I get the message (Not Responding). I have run the diagnostics program several times but it doesn't find any thing wrong. How do I fix this? Thanks If not, the usual suspects are: 1. Corrupted Normal.dotm or Normal.dot file (which depends on your version of Word). Try renaming or deleting this file. 2. Corrupted Data key in the registry. Try deleting the Data key. Word will create a new one automatically. In Word 2007, it's here: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Softw...

Excel Not Responding #2
Windows 2000 Professional running Office XP. When opening a file over the network from Windows 2000 Server, it takes a long time and in the task manager it shows "not responding" Then suddenly it opens. When copying the file locally, it opens immediately. The environment is 10/100 Switched network. This is happening on machines with 100Mb network cards and the server has a 100Mb card as well. Any ideas would be appreciated..... ...

why does it say not responding
Excel seems to almost freeze up and a blue circle is rotating. Up at top of screen it says "not responding". why is this happening? This is brand new laptop so memory is not an issue. The system checks applications every now and then to see if they're locked up or not. If an application is truly locked up or is working so hard that it ignores the "are you awake?" system inquiry, the message appears. So what it is telling you is that Excel is working hard to get the job done and is ignoring the system inquiry ... or Excel has gone off to la-la land... I see t...

Word 2007 in Windows 7 not responding...
I've tried it all and nothing seems to work. Every time I click on ANY pop-up window in Word, whether to save as, for fonts or simply for paragraph styles, Microsoft Word goes into "not responding" mode. This issue does not show up in any other Microsoft Office program... Help? The first thing I would try is to start Word with the /a switch and see if it work normally. To start with the /a switch, click Windows' start button, type winword /a, and press Enter. If it works okay that way, then close Word and reopen normally and see if the problem is resolved. ...