Why doesn't my computer print more than one copy of a document?

When I print a document from word and want it to print more than one copy, I
select two copies that I want to print and it prints only one copy. If I am
printing from ather applications, such as Outlook Express, this print setting
works correctly and if I specify that I need two copies, that is what I get.
Is there a setting I can change to make this problem go away?

This is a known issue. See the KB article at
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918790/en-us ("You cannot print multiple
copies of a Word 2007 document").

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Vance Wright" <Vance Wright@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I print a document from word and want it to print more than one copy,
> select two copies that I want to print and it prints only one copy. If I
> am
> printing from ather applications, such as Outlook Express, this print
> setting
> works correctly and if I specify that I need two copies, that is what I
> get.
> Is there a setting I can change to make this problem go away?

-1
Stefan

Postcards do not print the same as print preview
I am running Windows XP, Microsoft Office Publisher 2003, SP3. I simply want to create a postcard mailer, a half page, to mail to prospects. The problem I am having is I chose the page setup: Postcard, half page letter, portrait layout. What is printing out is not what the print preview shows. What the print preview shows is correct, I should get 2 postcards on one sheet, printed out vertically, one on the top and one below it. So all I would have to do it cut the page in half and have 2 postcards. The way it is coming out on my printer is one on top and one below it, but ...

disable printing
Is there any way to disable an excel file from being printed? I've run into an issue where people are printing off sheets with sensetive information on them and not being careful about throwing them away or taking them off of the printer. They are printing off of a report that I create daily, so I was hoping I could just disable printing privelages on this file. You could use a macro, but it's not foolproof. Any user could disable macros or disable events and then print. But if you want to try, this goes in the ThisWorkbook module. Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(C...

kindly, before I crash this computer against the wall..
....does someone know why when I write this declaration: dim idx as Index (or even DAO.Index) it changes into: dim idx as index (or DAO.index) ....and obviously it screams errors if I run the code. References seem fine. As a guess, you have defined index somewhere in your database. I am surprised however that Dim idx as DAO.INDEX does not overcome the problem. Does this happen in just one database or in any database you have? If just one, you might try to decompile and then compile your VBA code and see if that helps. John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010 Th...

Copy Userform ListBox AND TextBox values
How can I copy the values from ListBox1 and TextBox2 from the same Userform into the same cell on a worksheet? I have the code to copy either one to the correct location but I need to merge the values from both, seperated by a slash (/). I have tried using the following but it will paste "FALSE" into the appropriate cell: With Target .Value = ListBox1.Value & " / " & .Value = TextBox2.Text 'copies data to column B End With Thanks. -- Traa Dy Liooar Jock Ignore last - I have managed to do it. -- Traa Dy Liooar Jock ...

Insert page number in one click
OK, I admit it: I'm lazy. I'm finding it very annoying in Word 2007 that I have to click three different times to insert a page number at the current location in my header (Page number, Current position, Plain number). Is there any way I can create a shortcut or macro to just skip right to Plain Number and have the page number inserted right there? Thanks! Add the following macro to a QAT button or keyboard shortcut to insert the page number at the cursor Sub InsPageNo() Selection.Fields.Add Range:=Selection.Range, Type:=wdFieldPage, _ PreserveFormatting:=F...

Mac Word freezes Computer my computer
I have recntly purchased an apple Macbook intel core Duo notebook running Tiger and MS office for mac version 2004 for students. both have been fully updated off of the web. When I load a word doc file off of my USB stick all's well until I try to then save a file; when quite often, the coloured circle appears forever, when word on the tool bay is touched it indicates that " word is not responding" when I try to force quit this some times works BUT then finder will not work and will not reset, so the only way to regain control of the computer is to hold down the "on/off key&...

How to Use One PST file on Two Computers?
Hello: I have a desktop machine with a pst file in my Outlook 2003. I would like to copy this pst file to my laptop. How do I synchronize the same file on 2 machines so I won't get duplicate e-mails? I use one premium Yahoo e-mail account and several free Yahoo accounts with YahooPOPs.. Thanks in advance, Spudy Hi Spudy, it is not possible by default to share PST files. A list of a list of third-party synctools are also on this site: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm On the Microsoft Office Marketplace site is a list of third-party messaging tools: http://office.microsoft.com...

Terminal Server based Outlook 2007 printing hieroglyphics
We are running terminal services(Server 2008 R2) with Outlook 2007 installed (SP2). No other Office components are installed. When printing emails, (all other printing is fine), the text becomes compressed and looks like hieroglyphics. 1. I have tried removing all printer drivers and re-installing the drivers with no luck. 2. I have also applied the lastest patches and Service packs to the server and Outlook. 3. I have tried using different types of drivers with each printer ie. PS, MS, PCL5e, PCL6 etc with no luck. Any help would be appreciated as users are getting very fr...

Unable to Open a backup file (Money 2004) on a new computer
Though I am computer savvy, MS Money is driving me crazy. Last year I have installed Money 2004 on my laptop and used it once a month to download transactions. Everytime I close money, I get a new file created on my hard disk with the name "My Money Backup ++.mbf", where + indicates a number. I always open the latest .mbf file to access the information. Now I have purchased a new laptop and installed Money 2004 on that as well. I have copied the latest .mbf file from my old laptop onto a diskette and tried to open it from the new laptop in vain. Whatever I do, I get stuc...

HOW DO I PRINT A BANNER ON ROLL PAPER WITHOUT PAGE BREAKS?
Another one using that invisible ink. -- Don Vancouver, USA "jossette" <jossette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:500789E4-C3A1-4F02-A3F2-90BAFBAC5568@microsoft.com... > Which version of Publisher? Which printer? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "jossette" <jossette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:500789E4-C3A1-4F02-A3F2-90BAFBAC5568@microsoft.com... > jossette, Did ...

Copy picture from word 2003 to word 2007
When I copy a document with a picture from 2003 to 2007 the picture ends up with what looks like a bunch of lines - horizontal. Any way to get rid of this? Your best bet would be to right click the picture in your 2003 document and save the picture to your computer. After this is completed, open Word 2007 and click insert picture. Now browse your computer and find that picture you saved. I'm surprised this happened, but I'm guessing its a compatibility issue between 2003 and 2007. "Daisy" wrote: > When I copy a document with a picture from 2003 to 2007...

How to setup online access to multiple accounts in one institution
I am using Money 2004 Small Business. I have 4 different accounts with Ameritrade, each account has a different online account ID and pin number. Money does not appear to let me setup all four accounts for activity download, it appears to permit only one set of account login info per institution. Is Microsoft short sighted in designing this or I am missing something? Please help, your effort will be greatly appreciated. Matt In microsoft.public.money, Admin wrote: >I am using Money 2004 Small Business. I have 4 different accounts >with Ameritrade, each account has a different onl...

Restoring computer
I would like to restore my computer from the day I got it. Does anyone know how to do this? I am fed up its all screwy and I think this will fix all our cont. problems Depends on what OS you are running. You can always reformat your hard drive. But save anything that you want to keep first. ALso on xp you can do a restore. but it only goes back so far. Still save important files because it will erase them. "high5me" <high5me@comcast.net> wrote in message news:%23ep9TO0hFHA.1444@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I would like to restore my computer from the day I got it. ...

Printing checks without printing EFT's
We pay vendors using mostly EFT's but still pay some via check. First we run EFT's and then run checks separately. However sometimes the check batch also includes EFT's thus we need a method to select checks only. Question is how can I select only the check vendors for payment. When paying via EFT, there is a selection for "EFT Only" but no such selection for "Checks Only". Is there a way around this issue? Doug Hi Doug I was browsing and saw this, we had a similar scenario We solved it by using payment priority within the creditor (under options) ...

queries which pull data in multiple "rows" in one table and compar
I have a project to complete where the end user wants me to write several queries which pull data in multiple "rows" in one table and compare them to data in another using access. He also needs a report written based on the findings of which data meets certain criteria within those queries. I think the report part will be pretty easy, but can someone give me some suggestions on what would be the best way to create the queries in access? Thanks Da Chosen One On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 19:22:01 -0800, Da Chosen One <Da Chosen One@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: You...

How to share Outlook 2003 with 3 computers (peer to peer)
How to I share my Outlook folders, calendar, contacts, tasks, notes? NO Exchange Server! ( I am peer to peer with 3 computers in my office) help! David Create a Personal Folders file on a drive/share that all 3 computer have access to. This PST file can be opened via the File > Open > Outlook data file on each machine. Now for the bad news, Outlook opens the file for exclusive access. Therefore when Machine A has Outlook running, Machines B/C cannot open/work with this shared personal folders file. By the way, there are 3rd party solutions that let multiple machines share t...

One SOMgr with Four POSs
I have a LAN installation where four seperate stores are each operating SOpts (they want items seperate from each other and managed by each Store Manager). However the CFO(also on LAN) needs to be able to access each store from her desktop. We know how to change Admin's DB but are looking for a more elegant solution. Like bat file called from shortcut before SOMgr - that does the switch??? I also have another Client that runs a lot of reports basied on DB's state as of last night of EOM.bck DB. The above solution may also work them! NcS, Change to the store's database in S...

Copying profiles from computer to computer
Hi there, does anyone know where I will find the folder where Outlook 2002 profiles are kept. My team hotdesk and I want to set up all their profiles on one machine then copy them over to each of the other machines rather than going through setting something like 35 profiles up on each. The machines are all windows 98 SE Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks Paul "Paul" <paulmckinlay@nospam_blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:12cb701c4434c$2702d8d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Any help would be gratefully received. > Thanks > Paul The profile informati...

Switching Outlook Contacts to Apple computer
I have been unable to find away to import my Outlook contacts and calender information to a Apple/Mac Powerbook G4 using the OS X platform. Can anyone give me some suggestions.I have Entourage X as email. Thanks, Not sure about how to deal with your calendar information, but you can export your Outlook contacts to a spread sheed, then import them from the spread sheet to you apple application. -- Dab Cut off: yourhead to respond "Brent" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:017b01c3c58f$b297bdb0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have been unable to find a...

transferring e-mails between computers
Can anyone tell me how to copy/transfer my e-mails from one computer to another without risking over-writing all of the e-mails on the new computer. The old e-mails are on Outlook Express 5. Thanks very much. >-----Original Message----- >Can anyone tell me how to copy/transfer my e-mails from >one computer to another without risking over-writing all >of the e-mails on the new computer. The old e-mails are >on Outlook Express 5. > >Thanks very much. >. >If you are keeping your e-mails on the server you don't have to do anything. However, if you are keepi...

Computer becomes unresponsive after installing updates.
Hi, I'm hoping someone could shed some light on some issues I've been having. I've just done a format and installed WinXPPro with SP2 and the computer. The automatic updates picks up a batch to download (approx 65), but whenever update KB956572 or KB959426 is installed, subsequence updates fail and the computer becomes unresponsive. I am unable to open IE or even notepad; any application will not launch and I'm forced to shutdown. After the restart, I can see the history by going to windows update via IE, and the failed updates all have the "Error Code: 0...

display only one formula
i'm taking a computer test and i need to know how to display my formula when it prints so the formula doesn't calculate, but i only need one of the formulas to be shown the rest need to stay in calculated form. How would i do this? Hi Format the cell as Text, select the cell, press F2, and then Enter keys. -- When sending mail, use address arvil<at>tarkon.ee Arvi Laanemets "norcalchick2207" <norcalchick2207@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F223ADF-4546-44C9-8BC8-6D2825872C10@microsoft.com... > i'm taking a computer test and i need ...

Reactivating Office on a new computer.
I had a downloaded copy of Office 2007 on a laptop which has been destroyed beyond repair. I have now bought a new laptop. How do I re-download my copy of Office, please? -- Steve Contact the vendor from where you purchased it. "stemac" <stemac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:795E14D0-A5F1-4CA4-B2B4-A102986CBADD@microsoft.com... :I had a downloaded copy of Office 2007 on a laptop which has been destroyed : beyond repair. I have now bought a new laptop. How do I re-download my copy : of Office, please? : -- : Steve The vendor was...

Synchronize mail between two computers
My question looks somewhat the same as the one by Ozsubasi, but I think it is not exactly the same. I have 2 computers: a desktop and a laptop. With my desktop (Vista x64) I download my e-mails (no gmail or hotmail, a commercial provider), using Windows Live Mail. I store the mails on the desktop. In total it is ca. 10,000 e-mails (received + sent, together around 6 Gb) over the years; I tell you this so you can understand that leaving the mails with the provider is no option. On a daily basis I synchronize my documents between the desktop and the laptop. I travel a lot for...

Label printing in VB6
Are there any libraries out there for managing laser printer labels in vb6? Specifically, the function I don't really want to reinvent is the ability to select a specific label on a sheet of them as the target for printing. The purpose is to be able to print labels one at a time instead of having to do a whole sheet of them at once. I'm sure I could kludge up something that would work for a specific label layout, but I'd rather not if I can avoid it. Any suggestions appreciated! D "David Kerber" <ns_dkerber@ns_warrenrogersassociates.com> sch...