why does my cursor move to a different place while i type in word

  • Follow

the cursor seems to move to a different spot in the document while i type in
Word 2007 and so my text is typed in the wrong spot and i have to go back and
delete it. i have checked for macros, as i thought it might be problem, but
none are set. there doesn't seem to be any consistency about when it happens
(like it is not just when i am typing certain letters). it is most
annoying....
0
Reply Utf 11/19/2009 9:33:01 PM

Laptop? Check the touchpad settings. Sometimes "vigorous" typing can activate
an over-sensitive one and make the cursor jump. (And I've been known to
accidentally brush my thumb over it as well.) It looks like a Word problem,
but it isn't really...
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix
Word MVP

Please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup.

Read the original version of this post in the Office Discussion Groups - no
membership required!

"suecronk@rogers.com" wrote:

> the cursor seems to move to a different spot in the document while i type in
> Word 2007 and so my text is typed in the wrong spot and i have to go back and
> delete it. i have checked for macros, as i thought it might be problem, but
> none are set. there doesn't seem to be any consistency about when it happens
> (like it is not just when i am typing certain letters). it is most
> annoying....
1
Reply Utf 11/19/2009 9:40:01 PM

(page loaded in 0.06 seconds)