why cursor moves all around therefore so do words when typing

i have had immense problems with the cursor jumping all over the place while
I am typing, so the words typed end up 3 sentences above or not visible at
all? any suggestions or help eg it has happened 3x while typing this wee bit

Find how to turn down the sensitivity of the touchpad on your laptop,
or maybe you can simply switch it off (when a mouse is plugged in).
(Or, be careful not to let any fingers get near it while typing.) Some
also say that having Voice Recognition turned on can have this effect.

On Jan 2, 5:36=A0pm, carolynr <carol...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> i have had immense problems with the cursor jumping all over the place wh=
ile
> I am typing, so the words typed end up 3 sentences above or not visible a=
> all? any suggestions or help eg it has happened 3x while typing this wee =
bit

0
Peter

Moving back to Outlook 2000 from 2003
If I want to move back to 2000 from 2003 can I export my old emails to 2000? Is there any way to save emails and archive them on an external source? SteveS <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > If I want to move back to 2000 from 2003 can I export my > old emails to 2000? Yes, but don't use export. Simply create a new PST with File>New>Outlook Data File>Outlook 97-2002 Personal Folders File (.pst). Then, copy the items you wish to transfer to OL2000 to the old-style PST. That PST will then open in OL2000 with File>Open>Personal Folders File >...

Outlook inserting '=' with word wrap inot plain text email list.
Hi, Regardless of what I do with options or word wrap length, a private email list appears to complain about the word wrap locations and inserts '=' or '=20' inot my email messages. For an example I've cut and pasted a piece of the original message and the same piece as sent out from the mail list. People on the list not using Outlook do not have this problem. A couple using Outlook Express also don't have this problem. It wasn't always this way but showed up after a service pack although I don't specifically remember when. Any suggestions? Thanks, ...

Returning cursor to first cell, next line down
I am using a handheld scanner to record asset/serial numbers of hard ware. I scan 4 cells worth of data (across) and I would like to find a shortcut or macro to return the cursor to first cell, next line down. Any ideas ?? I have scoured the Excel help on the web etc. with no luck. I am using Excel 2000. Jeff Make sure you save a copy of the file to try this as I am not sure what else you are doing... right click on the sheet tab and select 'View Code' and paste the code in the window that pops up. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Application.Intersec...

Check box to click on in excel or word
I am needing to add a shadow outlined box that you can click on in a document in either word or excel. I did it in the old excel but I'm having difficulty in the new Microsoft Office. The old and the new Office?...which versions would that be...nevermind...actually you should ask this in an Excel newsgroup this one is for Publisher (a desktop publishing program). -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "ThePools" <ThePools@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24A86070-537B-404A-A39B-CFC06CAECBA0@microsoft.c...

autotext from word to excel
Is there a way of exporting over from Word into Excel Autotext? i.e. addresses etc that are stored in Word template. I would like these to show up in Excel. Thanks Esme Esme Tools>Autocorrect list is the only list common to both Word and Excel. Autotext in Excel depends upon data entered in the same column. There is no distinct "Autotext" listing in Excel. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 06:53:02 -0800, Esme Thomas Word - Excel <Esme Thomas Word - Excel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way of exporting over from Word into Excel Autotext? ...

Pulsating Cursor #2
Can someone tell my how to eliminate the on - off pulsating which occurs when my cursor is in either of the Address Windows and the Subject Window of a new message? I am not speaking about the Insertion Point, which should be pulsating, but does not interfere with my typing. Thank you, Bernie Beal. Bernie I think this would be best posted in an Outlook Express news group since that is the news reader you are using for this posting. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 14:29:54 -0500, "Bernie Beal" <bquest@optonline.net> wrote: >Can someone tell my how to elimi...

Too much delay after moving mailbox to other server
Hi! I'm in the process of migrating all my mailbox to new server. I do it batch by batch. I just notice, that when an someone sends an email (thru internet address / smtp) to a mailbox that was already been moved to new server, it takes time before he received the message compare with sending from an organization. Is this normal? Btw, Iam using Exchange 5.5 Std Edition SP4 on Winnt 4.0 SP6 and Win2K SP4 on two servers. Mark "M P" <mark@textguru.ph> wrote: >Hi! > >I'm in the process of migrating all my mailbox to new server. I do it batch >by batch. I...

Translating a document in word xp
i'm having some provblems translating a document in english to portuguese?is it possible with word xp? Duarte Bruges wrote: > i'm having some provblems translating a document in english to > portuguese?is it possible with word xp? You appear to be needing an urgent trip to the optician - please, put on your glasses and have another look at the topic of this group. See 'Word' mentioned anywhere there - No? Then I suggest you repost in the correct place. -- Perdita X. Dream Please help us to help you http://groups.google.com http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm http://www....

Correct Investment Type
Money 2004 Deluxe believes one of my mutual funds is a single stock. How do I change the type of investment so that the fund will be correctly identified as such? I do not find any area in the program to do so. In microsoft.public.money, Rob wrote: >Money 2004 Deluxe believes one of my mutual funds is a >single stock. How do I change the type of investment so >that the fund will be correctly identified as such? I do >not find any area in the program to do so. It is not trivial, but not as hard as it first appears. A few minutes should do it. In the details, remove th...

Cursor flickers
Hi, I change the Cursor of my mouse in WM_SETCURSOR handler. That doesn't cause any flicker in XP, but causes a flicker in 98. Moreover the flicker is strange, I don't see the arrow cursor in between, It is just that my new cursor disappears for a few (fraction of) seconds, before reappearing. Any idea ? Thanks, sath I tend to work in the model of HCURSOR cur = GetCursor(); if(cur != desired) { SetCursor(desired); cur = desired; } which minimized flicker. The problem with SetCursor is that it &qu...

Word Art printing problem
When I try to print a word art box. The first letter in the box prints black. I do not know if it is a problem with publisher or my printer. This happens randomly, except it happened all day today. Please give me some insight into this problem. On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 05:09:28 +0000, Brian Heltsley wrote (in article <7A6990AC-3241-4293-BE70-C267005677A7@microsoft.com>): > When I try to print a word art box. The first letter in the box prints > black. I do not know if it is a problem with publisher or my printer. This > happens randomly, except it happened all day today. Plea...

Moving a sheet with hyperlinks?
Hi everyone, Why you lose hyperlinks when you move a sheet with hyperlinks from one workbook to another!? How can you go around that please? Thanks, Mike Hi Mike, Please give an example and your links and your version of Excel. If you have sheets that refer to other sheets in the workbook would suggest that you copy them together to the new workbook rather than individually. -- --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm &...

Specific word
Is there a way to type in a specific word in an excel spreadsheet and have that word only changed to a different font color? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Serialize C# Structs To Message Queues http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/cc538e5f-644e-4e5b-9aed-abac7b119cef/serialize-c-structs-to-m.aspx On Jan 11, 1:07=A0pm, Kerrie Riggs wrote: > Is there a way to type in a specific word in an excel spreadsheet and hav= e that word only changed to a different font color? > > Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice...

cannot type the product key !!!
Hi All, I am trying to install Office 2003 and everything goes fine till the Product key screen. I am not able to type anyhting there and so i am not able to install Office 2003. Please help !!! Are the fields greyed out? Can't you click in it? Can you use the TAB key to get there? -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "masroor" <v_2masra@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uH%23VK6RREHA.2112@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > I am trying to insta...

Move To Other Folder and Move Items To Folder size
My Move Items to Folder size is quire small. Now I have a lot of folders to move my received e-mails to and I would like to make the dialog bigger (so I would not have to move the scrolling bars so much), but I do not know how to enlarge it (how comes that it does not have the arrows in the sides and corners to stretch it, like the other Windows arrows?). How to make it bigger? Thanks in advance. Version of Outlook? AFAIK, it cannot be resized. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: htt...

move office from an old laptop to a new laptop
I have an old laptop that is dying. I bought a new laptop and want to move Office from the old unit to the new one. The version of Office on the old laptop is one I purchased (didn't come with the computer). Please advise on how to move the software. I think I can get the product key from the old computer but can't locate the original software cds. Thanks Without cds, you're out of luck. Start here: How to replace lost, broken, or missing Microsoft software or hardware http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326246 "Rob DeBruin" <Rob DeBruin@discussions....

Business Portal Deployment work around.
You may want to file this post as an example of "In the wake of a mistake". I was working for a client that was upgrading from 7.5 to 9.0 and I was three thousand miles away. I created the new server with SQL 2005 and installed GP 9.0. We had a more "Local" extension of our GP practice go to the site, to complete the migration. For sure, I always install SQL using DOCI 1252. The project document did not indicate that the old server was using a binary sort order. It's been a while since I've seen a binary sort order out there but I guess there are st...

"Help' window won't close in Word and Excell
Office 2004 Student edition Ibook G4 1.5 MB ram 55 GB 14 GB available Hi, I can't close the "Help" window in Word and Excell. The red, yellow and green buttons on the upper left don't show. In that upper left corner, the last thing showing is the green arrow pointing to the left. I can't move the help screen other than to resize it using the bottom-right corner. Resizing only reduces the size of the help window toward the upper left corner, stopping when there's a small help window. This is not happening with other applications, not with Entourage H...

Word 2007 on Windows 7 crashes on startup
- Tried re-installing, repair. No luck. - Went thru http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541 but no luck either. This is a brand new install of Windows 7 enterprise. Think Word was working before it got the windows updates. It simply crashes after you see the Word 2007 splash screen. Anyone had same issue? or suggestions to resolve this problem? A crash at that point is usually due to Word unable to see a compatible printer driver set as the Windows Default printer. But also see the following for further diagnostic help: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingW...

moving emails out of Outlook
Hi, I'm hoping someone might be able to help ... I need to move emails out of Outlook and into various folders on my C drive. I have given it a try and when I drag an email out of Outlook and drop it into a folder on my C directory (viewed via an Explorer window), the email is listed with date created and date modified as the date I moved the email into the folder, not the date of the email itself. This makes it difficult to file or find specific emails. Is there any way of getting the emails to list with the actual original received date, just as they do when listed in Outlook? I&...

Word: Displaying warning messages when certain numbers are typed?
Here's an idea that's stumping me in Word 2003/2007. The idea is needed for a busy clinical service. We'd like to implement some sort of check that warns the user if a potentially wrong number is entered. For instance, for something like a patient's estimated total body volume, we'd like word to flash a warning (or just highlight the word) if someone accidentally enters a low number, like 50 mL. Is there any way to do this, even if extra plugins are required? One thought was to include something like "Total body water: 50" in the dictionary, but the...

Outlook as address book in Word
The process I used for making Outlook 98 the Address Book for Word 97 is not working for Word and Outlook 2003. Before I could click the address book button on the Word toolbar and the Outlook folders would pop up. In Outlook, going to Tools, Options, Other and checking the box: Make Outlook the default program for email . . . doesn't work. More is needed. What? Jan Go to Control Panel | Internet Options, click the Programs tab, and make sure Outlook is set as the default program for "Contact List". -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail...

Cursor
Why is my cursor jumping all over the page and putting in the letters at places not designated? Annoying. Laptop? Disable the touchpad or reduce its sensitivity. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "susansjk@hotmail.com" <susansjk@hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF344F8E-7805-476F-A13B-FCC32D0A75C4@microsoft.com... > Why is my cursor jumping all over the page and putting in the letters at > places not designated? Annoying. ...

Move entries from one field to another
Hi All, During a database population, contact telephone fields were captured into the telphone1 field and the result is that not telephone numbers appear in the contacts view under business phone. I've considered adding the Telephone1 column instead but wherever else the business phone is used to display contact telephone numbers and the interface doesnt allow for customizing the other views. Is there a supported way that I could move all the numbers from the telephone1 field to Business phone? TIA... ;) The only "supported" way to do this, w/o buying a 3rd paty product to ...

Move Money from 1 computer to another
I just installed MS Money a few weeks ago. I have it on my work laptop but need to move it to my home pc for obvious reasons. I have seen on MS support site that if you do a export then import that you lose categories and other things. What is the best way to do this without losing data? Also, could you do it from the backup file that I have done automatically? In microsoft.public.money, Frusturat$d wrote: >I just installed MS Money a few weeks ago. I have it on my work laptop but >need to move it to my home pc for obvious reasons. I have seen on MS support >site that if you d...