what does the outline tool icon look like and how do I find it?

  • Follow

I have spent hours trying to do a table of contents following the 2003 Word
directions.  No luck.  Can anyone give me step-by-step directions.  Every
time I hit the ok in the table of contents box, it comes back "can't find
...."  Now what?  I can't find the outline icon on my toolbar.  What does it
look like?  I am a novice, so please bear with me.
0
Reply Utf 5/4/2010 10:01:01 PM

See http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/toc/CreateATOC.html for instructions you
can follow.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Professor M" <Professor M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have spent hours trying to do a table of contents following the 2003 Word
> directions.  No luck.  Can anyone give me step-by-step directions.  Every
> time I hit the ok in the table of contents box, it comes back "can't find
> ..."  Now what?  I can't find the outline icon on my toolbar.  What does
> it
> look like?  I am a novice, so please bear with me.

0
Reply Suzanne 5/4/2010 10:05:10 PM

(page loaded in 0.03 seconds)

Reply: