Strobing blinking flashing hourglass

Problem:
When opening Word to a blank doc, opening a regular doc, or saving then
opening, all have the cursor shown as a blinking, flashing, strobing between
hourglass and arrow cursor.
Only in Word. Not in Excel, One Note, or PowerPoint.

Edition = Office Home and Student 2007
System = Vista Home Premium 64
6 Gig Ram 2.6 Ghz

Have uninstalled, rebooted, re-installed.
Tried different mice including wired and wireless.
Have ended most Processes, disabled anti-virus, network, and there are no
macros.
Have spoken with HP reps to no avail.
It is a clean system - except for Office Word.
Does not happen in Works, or OpenOfficeOrg - just in Word, rendering it
useless.
Have queried the great god Google, and there are so many peopel wuth the
same problem with Office products - since Office 98! MSoft must have caught
on to this bug by now and have a fix - somewhere.

TIA.

I have seen that problem before if Outlook is also running in the background.
 Is Outlook also running?

If so, I suggest you open Word from a fresh start to see if the issue is
still there.

--
Thank you,
John Gregory

"INIC" wrote:

> Problem:
> When opening Word to a blank doc, opening a regular doc, or saving then
> opening, all have the cursor shown as a blinking, flashing, strobing between
> hourglass and arrow cursor.
> Only in Word. Not in Excel, One Note, or PowerPoint.
>
> Edition = Office Home and Student 2007
> System = Vista Home Premium 64
> 6 Gig Ram 2.6 Ghz
>
> Have uninstalled, rebooted, re-installed.
> Tried different mice including wired and wireless.
> Have ended most Processes, disabled anti-virus, network, and there are no
> macros.
> Have spoken with HP reps to no avail.
> It is a clean system - except for Office Word.
> Does not happen in Works, or OpenOfficeOrg - just in Word, rendering it
> useless.
> Have queried the great god Google, and there are so many peopel wuth the
> same problem with Office products - since Office 98! MSoft must have caught
> on to this bug by now and have a fix - somewhere.
>
> TIA.

Access Form Blinks repeatedly
I put a tab control on a form with 1 subform on each tab accross 6 tabs. These forms load up their own table of data. On the main form alongside the tab control i created a subform that lists the users taht are linked into EVERY table of the database. I created a textbox on the form that has a control source set to the subform user list and then set all the subforms in the tab control to link master and child fields to their keyid and the main forms textbox. This WAS work until about a week ago when all of a sudden the forms start blinking rapidly when a user is clicked on the subform list...

how to get you text to flash in publisher
can anyone help me with this problem as I cannot get my text to flash in publisher, and I know it can be done. Where are you going to buy the paper that will reproduce your flashing text on your printed page? Are you sure you weren't using Powerpoint? MoMo (Maureen) "evelyn" <evelyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:213F442D-FA02-4AFA-92E4-E1010E546E3F@microsoft.com... > can anyone help me with this problem as I cannot get my text to flash in > publisher, and I know it can be done. MoMo, On a web site? "Maureen" <MoMo@nospam.com>...

Strobing blinking flashing hourglass
Problem: When opening Word to a blank doc, opening a regular doc, or saving then opening, all have the cursor shown as a blinking, flashing, strobing between hourglass and arrow cursor. Only in Word. Not in Excel, One Note, or PowerPoint. Edition = Office Home and Student 2007 System = Vista Home Premium 64 6 Gig Ram 2.6 Ghz Have uninstalled, rebooted, re-installed. Tried different mice including wired and wireless. Have ended most Processes, disabled anti-virus, network, and there are no macros. Have spoken with HP reps to no avail. It is a clean system - except for Offic...

MirrorBit NOR flash driver
Hello, I'm working on Windows CE 5.0 with a Frescale iMX31 BSP. I have the following question... In the path : Public\Common\OAK\Drivers\Block\MSFlashFMD\FASL\FASLD there is a MirrorBit NOR flash driver implemented by Microsoft. This driver is general porpuse ? If I add a Spansion NOR Flash with mirrorBit technology on my board, I have to modify this driver ? Thanks, Paolo Paolo wrote... > If I add a Spansion NOR Flash with mirrorBit technology on my board, I > have to modify this driver ? Talk to your local Spansion people as they have lots of pre-existi...

Blinking
Hi! I OnTimer have a Me!lblBlink.Visible = Not Me!lblBlink.Visible Work fine. Question: 1 - I would like that it blinking only after click on command button; 2 - That it blinking only "n" times. Is it possible, please? Thanks in advance. an Set the form's TimerInterval property in the Click event of that command button. Add a declaration for a Static variable in the Timer event to keep track of how many times the code's been executed, and set the TimerInterval to 0 once you've hit the desired limit. Private Sub Form_Timer() Static intIterations As Integer Me!...

Blinking Cell #2
I am thinking that this is impossible, but thought that I would as anyway. Is there a way within Excel to have a "blinking" cell? Preferbl without writing an infinte loop macro. Thank you, Joh -- kralj ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kraljb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=995 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27430 Hi not possible without vBA. You'll have to use the OnTime method and this would slo down Excel. So don't use it :-) If you need some cod...

How to make Word Art Blink

Blinking Text?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00A6_01C3849C.2CF1BAF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm trying to find a way (without using VBA) of formatting a cell in = such a way that it flashes or does other groovy things. In Word XP there are special text effects which include blinking. fading = in/out etc......... I'm running Excel XP Does anyone know of an add-in or other simple way of doing this OR = getting other extra formats ------=_NextPart_000_00A6_01C3849C.2CF1BAF0 Content-Typ...

2003
I use publisher all the time. A few weeks ago, old and new files developed a problem. The images and text flash like under a strobe light. I ran the Fix installation disk and it still does it. Not sure what else to do. Not ALL the text and images flash and they don't do it continually. But most of them do and will continue to flash after stopping when I zoom in or out or click anything on the design. -- I am constantly amazed at the wealth of knowledge I do not have. Look at the Accessibility settings in the Control Panel, clear High Contrast if it is enabled. I think you ne...

How to correct saving excel file on portable flash drive?
Have been saving an excel file on a portable flash drive for some time now. Now receiving the message ...unable to create file or directory. I am still able to save other files to my flash drive so that can not be the problem. Also no problem saving the file in my documents on c: drive. Hi one should NEVER save an excel file directly to a removeable storage system. This could just create corrupted Excel files. Are you able to open the file after saved to the harddisc? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jonathangbs wrote: > Have been saving an excel file on a portable flash...

Blink
How can I make a value blink? Excel can't do that. You'd need a macro with a timer that changes cell color. -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Followup to newsgroup only please "Treeskier" <ttorgerson3@comcast.net> skrev i melding news:%23XUPMgx3DHA.536@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > How can I make a value blink? > > ...

Registry settings for two partitions in NAND Flash? One for Hive and one for User? WinCE6.0
Hello! I'm trying to set up a new WinCE 6.0 device with two persistent partitions - one to store the Hive and one to store data that the user can access. Ideally, I will set the user partition to show up as external storage when plugged into a PC, but I'm pretty sure I know how to do that part. My real issue is that I cannot get two different partitions to show up under "My Device". The default BSP came with one - "NAND Flash" that is linked to a partition in the flash called "pstorage" which contains the hive. Using the bootloader (RedBoot)...

How Can I make a cell flash in Excel
I am looking to highlight certain cells in a column of data and would be helpful to make them flash, as oposed to just standard formatting Hi flashing would require VBA (using for example the OnTime method). But I strongky recommend against it: - slows down Excel - has IMHO nothing to do with serious spreadsheets - requires VBA and won't work if macros are disabled If you still want to go on with this search the Google archives for 'blinking cell' "Cumbo" wrote: > I am looking to highlight certain cells in a column of data and would be > helpful to make them ...

White Flash
How do I remove the white light spot from my picture do to the flash from my camera? You can't really remove the spot. The best you can do is to try to clone another area over it. You need a photo editing program for that. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Qurikels" <Qurikels@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40D3AEE0-D648-40D3-BCAE-86A6A72ADAB8@microsoft.com... > How do I remove the white light spot from my picture do to the flash from > my > camera? ...

blinked letters
I would like to know how to chage blinked letters im my word 2007 Could you please clarify that? You have text that has a blinking effect? Simply turn off the effect. Of course it would be to use Styles. Then simply apply a different style. Jacintho Cardoso wrote: >I would like to know how to chage blinked letters im my word 2007 -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/word-programming/201002/1 I posted the following macro recently, for use in Word 2007 Sub AnimateFont() Dim sAnimation As String If Len(Selection.Range) = 0 Then ...

Flash player block onload event
I am using an object element to reference a Flash player. It seems that if I pass a non-existant SWF file name to the player the onload event of the body element is never triggered--even if the style of the object element is set to display:none. Is this the expected behavior of the Flash ActiveX control? Is there a way to get the onload event to be triggered even if the Flash player can't find the SWF file? I am using Microsoft Windows XP with Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.13 and Flash player ActiveX control 10.0.42.34. Try posting in Adobe Flash Developer forums. CPLamb wro...

How to Blink a cell in Excel if negative or red colour
Is it possible to make cells that become negative on calculation or red in colour to Blink. I have a summary sheet that totals calculates from several others. The cells turn negative and red when calculating a deficit. I would also like them to blink Please advise in not to tech terms how I may achieve this. Many thanks garyB Gary, search for Blinking cells there are lots of posts on this topic -- greg746 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- greg7468's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=903 View this threa...

Blinking Text
I want to know the method, how do I get text blink in a excel sheet. You have to use a macro to do that in Excel. This link explains how: http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/BlinkingText.aspx If you are new to macros, this link to Jon Peltier's site may be helpful: http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/03/09/how-to-use-someone-elses-macro/ Hope this helps, Hutch "Suresh Lohar" wrote: > I want to know the method, how do I get text blink in a excel sheet. Just to follow up on Tom's message... be sure to read the Summary section at the bottom of the webpage...

hourglass won't go away after formula was entered
This question is for my husband. He's at home working on a homework assingment in excel. He said he entered a formula then the hour glass came up and it hasn't gone away. He can't close without saving. He's going to have to shut the system down without saving 3 hours of work. Any suggestions? Thanks for you time. Try the ESC key or hold CTRL and press Break key best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Dawn" <Dawn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C61F39DE-90E6-402B-8EB9-4C1A7F667B61@microso...

Blinking cursor
Hi All, Please could someone help with a problem I have. I have an Windows XP machine and recently was attempting to create a slide-show for XMas. Suddenly I lost all photos the screen went blank. I had to reboot the machine but when it powered up the only showing was all "Gobly-Gook". All attempts to rectify the problem were in vein. I replaced the video card with another one from my previous computer. It now shows the BIOS etc ok but stops after loading the memory and BIOS programs with a blanking cursor on the top left of the screen. I have attempted to boo...

Why does the blank cells blink black and white on my excel spread.
When I am in any spreadsheet in Excel the blank cells blink black and white. Excel on its own doesn't support blinking cells. If everything is ok with your video display/driver, then maybe the developer of the workbook thought that blinking cells would be useful. Try closing excel. then start it in safe mode. windows start button|run excel /safe file|open (your workbook) Do the cells still blink? If yes, I have no idea. If no, talk to the developer and ask him/her why and how to change it. sfulkrod wrote: > > When I am in any spreadsheet in Excel the blank cells blink black...

ListCtrL blinking
Hello, In m app, I use a CListCtrl control, and I update very frequently the information dislayed (the list shows the % of a file beeing downloaded). The result is that the whole CListCtrl is "blinking", I mean like fully "redrawing" itself when the changed information is just 1 of 10 lines. Is there a way to prevent this "blinking" effect, and obtain a more stable display of the list ? Thank you for any idea. -- Ceci est une signature automatique de MesNews. Site : http://www.mesnews.net If you are running on XP, you can use the LVS_EX_DOUBLEBUFFER sty...

Flash in excel
Hi Can we insert flash object in excel just like we can insert a video clip. I have a swf file which i want to run in Excel. Also can words be made scroll automatically in excel. Thanks in advance/amit How does automatically scrolling words behave, what do they do and what is it for ? Best wishes Harald "amag" <amitntu@gmail.com> skrev i melding news:1151852092.333212.128200@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hi Can we insert flash object in excel just like we can insert a video > clip. I have a swf file which i want to run in Excel. > > Also can words be made s...

Make cell blink
Haven't been able to find any reference but hope you guys can assist: Is there a way to make a cell "blink" or "flash"? Eg - if a particular test is true then the answer cell should blink "TRUE". XP Home SP2 - Office 2003 - both fully patched. Thanks Bill Chip Pearson has a way: http://cpearson.com/excel/BlinkingText.htm Oziebill wrote: > > Haven't been able to find any reference but hope you guys can assist: > > Is there a way to make a cell "blink" or "flash"? > > Eg - if a particular test is true then t...

execl sheets are blinking always
excel sheets are blinking always .please advice to rectify this problem Hi what do you mean with 'blinking'. Does this happen at a specific situation? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "MH" <MH@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:B575F8C4-F565-4726-8A1C-C5B483390CD4@microsoft.com... > excel sheets are blinking always .please advice to rectify this problem Assume you are running code and the sheets are flashing as you do so, in which case try Application.ScreenUpdating = False at the start of your code -- Regards Ken.......