Strobing blinking flashing hourglass

  • Follow

Problem:
When opening Word to a blank doc, opening a regular doc, or saving then
opening, all have the cursor shown as a blinking, flashing, strobing between
hourglass and arrow cursor.
Only in Word. Not in Excel, One Note, or PowerPoint.

Edition = Office Home and Student 2007
System = Vista Home Premium 64
6 Gig Ram 2.6 Ghz

Have uninstalled, rebooted, re-installed.
Tried different mice including wired and wireless.
Have ended most Processes, disabled anti-virus, network, and there are no
macros.
Have spoken with HP reps to no avail.
It is a clean system - except for Office Word.
Does not happen in Works, or OpenOfficeOrg - just in Word, rendering it
useless.
Have queried the great god Google, and there are so many peopel wuth the
same problem with Office products - since Office 98! MSoft must have caught
on to this bug by now and have a fix - somewhere.

TIA.

0
Reply Utf 4/22/2010 2:24:02 AM

I have seen that problem before if Outlook is also running in the background.
 Is Outlook also running?

If so, I suggest you open Word from a fresh start to see if the issue is
still there.

--
Thank you,
John Gregory

"INIC" wrote:

> Problem:
> When opening Word to a blank doc, opening a regular doc, or saving then
> opening, all have the cursor shown as a blinking, flashing, strobing between
> hourglass and arrow cursor.
> Only in Word. Not in Excel, One Note, or PowerPoint.
>
> Edition = Office Home and Student 2007
> System = Vista Home Premium 64
> 6 Gig Ram 2.6 Ghz
>
> Have uninstalled, rebooted, re-installed.
> Tried different mice including wired and wireless.
> Have ended most Processes, disabled anti-virus, network, and there are no
> macros.
> Have spoken with HP reps to no avail.
> It is a clean system - except for Office Word.
> Does not happen in Works, or OpenOfficeOrg - just in Word, rendering it
> useless.
> Have queried the great god Google, and there are so many peopel wuth the
> same problem with Office products - since Office 98! MSoft must have caught
> on to this bug by now and have a fix - somewhere.
>
> TIA.

0
Reply Utf 4/22/2010 6:35:01 PM

(page loaded in 0.002 seconds)