software to convert English document to Hindi

  • Follow

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01CAA6B8.15132550

Is there any software available to convert an English language text =
document
to Hindi language document by using dictionary based translation (not
transliteration).
For example:

English text: My name
converted to : =E0=A4=AE=E0=A5=87=E0=A4=B0=E0=A4=BE =
=E0=A4=A8=E0=A4=BE=E0=A4=AE
------=_NextPart_000_000A_01CAA6B8.15132550

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8" http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD><FONT size=3D2>
<BODY>
<DIV>Is there any software available to convert an English language text =

document<BR>to Hindi language document by using dictionary based =
translation=20
(not<BR>transliteration).<BR>For example:<BR><BR>English text: My=20
name<BR>converted to : =E0=A4=AE=E0=A5=87=E0=A4=B0=E0=A4=BE =
=E0=A4=A8=E0=A4=BE=E0=A4=AE</DIV></BODY></HTML></FONT>

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01CAA6B8.15132550--

0
Reply S 2/5/2010 5:38:09 PM

There is software, and there are services, and some of them are free.

For example, I just used translate.google.com to convert "My name" to
Hindi and it came up with the same text as your posted. You can probably
use Google APIs to submit text and receive a translation - I don't know.

 From within recent versions of Word such as Word 2007 you can also
invoke translators by going to the Review tab, Proofing, translate. In
the basic facility I don't see an English-Hindi option (surprising these
days!) but perhaps one of the raft of other options will be helpful.

You probably already realise that machine translation is not very
reliable. As long as you are competent in both languages you obviously
have the option to read and correct the translation. If not, you really
have no way of judging the quality of the output, and you shuld consider
  a. review by someone competent n the target language
  b. professional translation
  c. providing the source language text to the recipient and some
suggestions for translation services that they could use, with suitable
warnings. Then it's up to them.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 05/02/2010 17:38, S N wrote:
> Is there any software available to convert an English language text document
> to Hindi language document by using dictionary based translation (not
> transliteration).
> For example:
>
> English text: My name
> converted to : मेरा नाम