Search for documents by time modified

I need to narrow a search for documents by author, a range of time (say from
5 p.m. to 8 p.m.), and a range of years (say from 1998 to 2004).  They would
need to include Word Perfect and Word documents.  Thanks for any help.

Version of Windows?

Use Advanced Search.

But if you're using Word2007 in Windows XP, you might not have much of
a search function (it pretty much got moved from Office to Windows
with the new versions).

On Feb 19, 9:01=A0pm, D. Ring <D. Ring @discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> I need to narrow a search for documents by author, a range of time (say f=
rom
> 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.), and a range of years (say from 1998 to 2004). =A0They =
would
> need to include Word Perfect and Word documents. =A0Thanks for any help.

0
Peter

Automatic Date in Word Document
I need to create a document that I will be sent as an attachment to an email. I want the document to automatically reflect the date the document was sent. I do want to open the document itself. How do I do this? Thank you. -- valerie The only dates that are available to you are 1. A date that you manually enter into the document 2. The date on which the document was created (by use of the { CREATEDATE } field 3. The date that the document was last saved (by use of the { SAVEDATE } field 4. The date upon which the document was printed ( by use of the { PRINTDATE...

How do I get clip art to appear when saving a publisher document .
When I "publish to the web" a newsletter document in Publisher (office 2003), the clip art files are coming up as a red x. Any ideas on how to fix this? Make sure all of your pictures are uploaded to the web as well as the document. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Randy" <Randy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:992B10D5-1878-4F9F-8440-CE47027931C6@microsoft.com... > When I "publish to the web" a newsletter document in Publisher (office > 2003), > the clip art files are coming up as a red x. Any ideas on how to fix...

Searching for Newsgroups

Word document lost even though it was saved
I received a Word document, downloaded it, altered it, saved it, then tried to email it back, but could not find the document. What I think I must have done is clicked on "Open" rather than "Save" when I was downloading it. However, after making my alterations I definitely did save the document. Surely it must be stored somewhere on my computer? But all my searches for the file name are not coming up with anything. It is not listed in my recently opened Word documents. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. There may be a small chance of recovery; see ...

Search & replace in formulae

Cannot Double Click to open Excel 2000 documents
I cannot double click on Excel 2000 documents and get them to open. I get an error stating it cannot find file: 'c:\file and path\Excel Spreadsheet filename.xls'. I have checked all the settings within Excel and cannot find anything that seems out of the ordinary. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office. Word and other files work normally. I only have this problem in Excel Sometimes one of these works: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel...

Diconnext text boxes in document
We have some documents made in Publisher around 15 pages long with the text autoflowing from one page to the next. We would like to separate these into separate text boxes on each page. The problem is when we turn the connect feature off, we lose all text on all pages after that. How can we turn off that feature and make each page its own text box, without losing anything?? Has anyone else run into this? and what are we doing wrong? You aren't losing the text, if you re-size the first text box you will see all the text is there only now it is trying to be on one page. You can ha...

Error in posting 4 times! Frustrating problems with html signatures and styles (normal.dot)
I just learned that the message posted 4 times; I thought I had canceled the previous posts where I had not filled in the right newsgroups.... On my machine, it only shows posted 1 time; but I guess that the news server does not support cancellations of posts. Sorry about that...... ...

Search engine optimization

Run-time error 5
I am running Windows 2000 Professional with Excel 2000. After operating for several months with no problems, I installed several Office 2000 updates. Now every time I close Excel, I get the following message: Title: Microsoft Visual Basic Message: Run-time error '5': Invalid procedure call or argument Except for this message on closing Excel, everything is operating just fine. Does anyone know what might cause this and how to fix it? Thanks in advance ...

selecting gp company within crystal at run-time
I'm using GPv8 and Crystal 10(?). I have a report in Crystal that I want to be able to run against any of our multiple company databases in GP. For example, I want one of the parameters the user would enter to be "Select Company". How can I do this? Right now I have multiple versions of the report saved, with each pointing to a different SQL Server Database. Thanks, Rob Post your email address and I will send you a sample code which will let you process data from a selected company. I had to do it for myself to create a Consolidated Historical Trial Balance Report...

PS 2007 Administrative Time
We have configured our timesheets for weekly reporting. I added the administrative time to the timesheet however I am unable to enter any time in. I can enter time for projects in the timesheet but not the administrative time. Any ideas why I am seeing this behavior? Thank you. ...

Printing multiple copies of Publisher 2002 document
I am trying to print mulitple copies of a Publisher 2002 document to a laser printer 0r networked copier. (Win XP) When I select "Print" from the file menu, the section where I can type in how many copies I want is grayed out. This only happens when I have selected "Spot Colors" or "Single Color Publication" in the "Color printing" options of the commercial print tool. Otherwise I am able to print multiple copies. I need to send the job as a "spot color" job to my printer, however. Any ideas on a workaround? Thanks Tom M wrote: || I am t...

excel VBA

time format past 24 hr
I am working with a spread sheet that reports (imported) time values in a text string. The calculations performed on this string return a value in time format (hh:mm) but if the value is over 24 hrs it returns only the value between 24 hr increments (12:03 = 12:03, 25:03 = 1:03, 49:03 = 1:03, etc). I want to keep the extra-24 hr format for time totals that are more than 24 hr. Thanks Theo Format the cell as [hh]:mm "Theo" <tbb@unfiw.com> wrote in message news:0b0601c36341$9c98a7a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am working with a spread sheet that reports (imported) > ...

why do mailbox limits take time to come into effect?
Hello, If i change someones limits, they cannot imediatly send messages (it still says that they have exceeded their limit). why does this take approx 1 hr? The user is connected to the exchange server (1 of 1). It should not need time to replicate, because it should not have anything to do with AD, DC, GC. What am i missing? thanks A This sounds like http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;327378&sd=RMVP "aaron.whittaker" <aaronwhittaker2002@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:2c874ed1.0501241531.2809889b@posting.google.com... > Hello, > If i chan...

Slide show from a Publisher document
Can anyone help me? I have a large Publisher document - perfect for my needs. Now, however, I have been asked to present the document as a slide show. Is there anything I can do to convert my Publisher Document to a Powerpoint one? I have Office XP 2002 for both packages. I have tried converting the .pub to ..htm but it doesn't seem to work. I have tried exporting the Publisher document to the Web and then trying to open the webpage up in Powerpoint but that doesn't work either. Any ideas would be gratefully received. Debra What *I* would do is convert it to a .pdf file. If th...

Multiple fields using to search
Hi, Something i've been batteling for weeks with and theres probably such a simple answer to it and i just cant see it: Riiiight, i have this form (lets call it frmClientSearch) On this form i have a 2 list box thinghys; One called lstEmployee which is populated with Employee names and the other lstCity which is populated with City Names. Then i have a command button (cmdSearch) which, once click and values selected in both the lst boxes, should return only the values that are equal to both the lst boxes in a new form called frmSearchResult. (Hope i make sense) So... I know how ...

Search, Search, Thanks
In the last couple of weeks I have been fighting with different ways o synching my laptop and my home pc. I have ended up with numerou duplicate entries, duplicate address books and duplicate contact lists ALL of my questions/problems I was able to resolve simply by searchin through the forums. Chances are if you have a problem you're not th first. There are some really good people on these forums that know alo more about Outlook than I do. Just my .02 Thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages dir...

How do I delete an entire document in excel 2007?
Not cells,rows,columns,sheets, the entire document, delete the entire thing. Same way you delete any file. Close the file. Select the file through any means you wish. Right-click and "delete". Answer "Yes" and off it goes to recycle bin for your disposal. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 15:17:01 -0800, meghan <meghan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Not cells,rows,columns,sheets, the entire document, delete the entire thing. You can do it with a macro using KILL -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Soft...

Including imap folders in outlook 2003 search folders
Dear all, Is it possible to include imap accounts/folders as providers for "virtual" search folders in outlook 2003? At the moment, I only see the option to check folders in my personal folders but not to include imap folders. The reason that I ask is that I would like to be able to get a complete view of follow up tasks across all my accounts (1 pop3, 2 imap and 1 hotmail). Only the pop3 account gets delivered into the personal folders and is included in the follow up a nd unread search folders. Thanks for your help in advanced. Raj ...