print the search results in Word

How do I print the search results from Word that includes the page number for
each search result. Does anyone know a macro or does Microsoft Words have the
option?

The following macro will write the page number(s) of each occurrence of the
searched text to a new document.

Dim oDoc, oNewdoc As Document
Dim sText, sPage As String
sText = InputBox("Enter text to find")
Set oDoc = ActiveDocument
Set oNewdoc = Documents.Add
oNewdoc.Range.Text = "'" & sText & "' found on page(s) "
oDoc.Activate
Selection.HomeKey wdStory
Selection.Find.ClearFormatting
With Selection.Find
    Do While .Execute(findText:=sText) = True
        oNewdoc.Range.InsertAfter _
        Selection.Information(wdActiveEndPageNumber) & ", "
    Loop
End With
oNewdoc.Activate

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Willken" <Willken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I print the search results from Word that includes the page number
> for
> each search result. Does anyone know a macro or does Microsoft Words have
> the
> option?

0
Graham
2/7/2010 7:38:18 AM
WHOOPEE! You are the best

Confine results of web query to one cell
How do you confine the results of a web query to one cell in Excel 2004? Under Excel 2004 a web query always seems to use up two cells in a given column no matter what data range properties I set. I never had a problem with this in Excel 2000. ...

printing copies

Word 2007 Configuration at start up
Word opens very slowly because it performs a configuration process every time it starts? I should mention that Exel opens fine as well as other Office 2007 program. Also I did have Word 2000 installed but took it off already and also un installed the trial version that was on here. So those fixes have been tried already. "miatapete" wrote: > Word opens very slowly because it performs a configuration process every time > it starts? Run Word as administrator and allow it to reconfigure. If you have more than one Word version installed - see the registry chan...

Ghosted print and print preview

Print Dynamic Range

re: can't open corrupted word doc? encoding garbage?
Hey Mac Geniuses, I fix mac computers too, so I'd love your take & expert advice on my friend's computer w/ these two issues. Searched forums & google with varying degrees much luck. I DID find this post from google groups: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.mac.office.word/browse_thread/thread/d9a81587a602f5ba/1e19331b62dc937c?lnk=gst&q=corrupted+#1e19331b62dc937c Thanks in advance for your help!!! Definitely much appreciated! Here are the two main issues: 1. Corrupted word for mac issues She cannot open these files. It also seems to be &quo...

TCP/IP printing

Printing booklet

GL Cross-Reference Report - no results
Trying to use the GL cross-reference report to reprint posting journals but I'm not getting any results. I've checked to confirm that all audit trail codes are marked to allow reprints. In the report options I've tried using open years, historical years, priting by JE range, audit trail, dates, source documents but nothing is returned regardless of the combination. On your report options window, do you have one of the account types checked off under 'Include'. It's on the left side of the window near the top. Kind regards, Leslie "irishjamr&q...

Check printing in GP 7.0

"Tiled" print setting.

CHtmlView and Printing

Problems with printing

Query search question
I download a list of information onto a table, and i'd like to make a search on that item. I put in "*" & [Search Item] & "*" into the item field with the wildcards just in case. This works fine. Now lets say I'm looking up cars, so in the search input box that pops run when I run the query I type in dodge and that brings backs dodge matches. If I want to look up red dodges do I put like "red" and "*" & [Search Item] & "*" or "red" &"*" & [Search Item] & "*" ? I've trie...

How do I center word art exactly on the page in Publisher 2003?
Use the Arrange > Align/Distribute buttons. You can tear off the sub-menu to create a toolbar if that makes life easier for you. Then use the Relative to Page option to say to center the object relative to the page, and the Center buttons to centre it. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Word is deleting spaces between words and sentences
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am a writer and editor who works on large Word files (200 - 300 pages). I just sent a 300-page manuscript to a colleague and all of the spaces between words and sentences were removed when she opened the file on her PC! My file looks fine but when she sent me the file she had opened, all the spaces were gone. This is a disaster for me if i can't find a fix. Anyone know how to fix? <br> Thanks! One of you is missing some important updates. Make sure your copy of Word is fully up-to-date, and that hers...

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

SCALING OF DECIMAL VALUE RESULTED IN DATA TRUNCATION
Hi, I'm getting a "SCALING OF DECIMAL VALUE RESULTED IN DATA TRUNCATION" error when I run a query that has an expression in it. I'm using linked (ODBC from iSeries) tables and I think it is because the data type is set to decimal but I can't change it because it is a linked table. Any suggestions. On Sep 7, 12:14 pm, SteveM <Ste...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What is your expression? > > Steve > > > > "James" wrote: > > Hi, > > > I'm getting a "SCALING OF DECIMAL VALUE RESULTED IN DATA TRUNCATION&quo...

Question about automating Word within vb6
Hi, I have a program for writing reports that is used by companies whose users are not very good with computers or using various other programs such as Word or Excel. To make sure that the users always saved the reports with the correct name and in the proper place, I have save and close options within the program. To keep them from inadvertently using the Word Save or Close options, I had a toolbar always on top which covered the Word options and would allow the users to save the report within the program properly and in the correct place. Since I use a .dot form if they trie...

Printing in Vista

Searching for a mail reflector tool for ex 2003
Hi, i am searching a mail reflector tool for exchange 2003. I found LISTSERV but it is a standalone application. Can someone help? greetings Christoph In news:1172496412.855592.22760@8g2000cwh.googlegroups.com, trojmok <christoph.vonameln@googlemail.com> typed: > Hi, > > i am searching a mail reflector tool for exchange 2003. I found > LISTSERV but it is a standalone application. Can someone help? > > greetings > Christoph What exactly is it you're looking for? "Reflector" generally means you want your mail, either inbound or outbound, delivered o...

How do you customize the 'Print View'?

Printing problem